How do you beat Geos?

Replies

• Options
    Geo vs Geo works... You want your spy to be the first to move in the match... Use second special, sunfac will remove taunt... then go after there spy. If you do it right you can get 60 banners...
  • Options
    Needless to say that JKR works as well. But with all the videos out there of Geos beating (weak) JKR squads on offense, maybe it's worth mentioning after all that it goes both ways. Mark and kill Brood Alpha and the team falls apart. It hurts having to sacrifice a meta squad, but without zTraya it may very well be your only option.

I find going after Brood Alpha first with JKR is a bad move. Brood Alpha can be hard to kill through the equalization and can result in you losing if you can't manage to put out the necessary damage. It is better to pick off the weaker Geos first starting with Geo Soldier.
  • Options
    Did something change on the Jawa counter? I just ran my jawas against a geo team that was so so and not a single TD landed.
  • Options
    MntMan wrote: »
    Did something change on the Jawa counter? I just ran my jawas against a geo team that was so so and not a single TD landed.

Did scavenger get killed immediately? He's the source of the TDs from his unique. If he dies it's game over.
    Best approach is a fast Jawa Eng loaded with speed set and as much speed secs as you can get.
    Scav should have a ton of crit chance. All jawas should prioritize health/prot after that. Use Jawa Eng TM/crit special to give remaining jawas 100% tm. Nebit taunts, Scav uses his basic to gain stealth. Sit back and watch the fireworks.
    If scavenger doesn't crit or is evaded, your chances of winning drop from a sure win to a likely loss.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    Usually when I encounter Geos in GA I will either use Palpatine, or remove Grievous and Magnaguard from my Separatist squad for an easy 2v5 undersize win.
  • Options
    joelgs23 wrote: »
    I just lost 4 matches, 2 of my top squads, to a Geo squad that was 40,000 less power.... really, it was 75k, with just one zeta on the whole team, and it was invincible..... i have never beaten a geo squad. I’ve used empire, rebels, Phoenix, Ewok, smuggler, bounty hunter, and I just lost with CLS, Han Solo, R2D2, C3PO, and Biggs, all gear 12, accept HS who is G13, Relic lvl 3. My Han is pumped with mods, but he never stunned a Geo, missed 4x, and his basic never fired twice!!! I even tried Enfys nest.....What is going on? How do you beat Geos? They feel totally broken!

Can you post your roster so we can help you form a strategy
  • Options
    Literally anything with a few AOEs and daze. That’s all it takes.
  • Options
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »
    You could try reading kits.

You could try not being a troll, and helping rather than spending the same time to be a ****.... just a thought...

And you could've spent the time you just spent on calling me names reading kits. Goes both ways, except that what I said was a perfectly valid way of finding a solution to your problem, and what you said was just whining.

No, what you said was condescending to assume I had not read their kits and thus, lazy. I had read the kits, was still lost for a solution. It was also rude to dismiss a genuine request for advice in such a arrogant presumptive way.

Bruh. Just chill. Not everybody knows what you do. Who knows that you read the kits? It’s solid advice and plus just plug in a nightmare team replacing ShT with Thrawn and you’ll win. I literally just did it with G11 against all G11 and 2 G12.
  • Options
    I forgot about Maul. G13 zMaul and zSavage + some random siths will make short work of Geos.
  • Options
    H_B0MBZ wrote: »
    I just lost 4 matches, 2 of my top squads, to a Geo squad that was 40,000 less power.... really, it was 75k, with just one zeta on the whole team, and it was invincible..... i have never beaten a geo squad. I’ve used empire, rebels, Phoenix, Ewok, smuggler, bounty hunter, and I just lost with CLS, Han Solo, R2D2, C3PO, and Biggs, all gear 12, accept HS who is G13, Relic lvl 3. My Han is pumped with mods, but he never stunned a Geo, missed 4x, and his basic never fired twice!!! I even tried Enfys nest.....What is going on? How do you beat Geos? They feel totally broken!

If he lost with his Empire team and thought that his CLS team was the better choice then he doesn't get the mechanics. That said, he might have his CLS team pathetically modded if he could not kill GBA with a CLS team that has all that and a g13 relic Han
  • Options
    I think people assume we’re trolling when we say Jawas, but they’re the best counter out there.

Jawas are a counter, yes, but far from the best if you aim at scoring high.
  • Options
    Needless to say that JKR works as well. But with all the videos out there of Geos beating (weak) JKR squads on offense, maybe it's worth mentioning after all that it goes both ways. Mark and kill Brood Alpha and the team falls apart. It hurts having to sacrifice a meta squad, but without zTraya it may very well be your only option.

I find going after Brood Alpha first with JKR is a bad move. Brood Alpha can be hard to kill through the equalization and can result in you losing if you can't manage to put out the necessary damage. It is better to pick off the weaker Geos first starting with Geo Soldier.

It has worked well for me so far. If your GMY has above 6,500 special offense, it doesn't take long to wear GBA down. With a relic, you can easily take him above 10k special offense these days. Throw in Ezra to make the initial damage burst from Direct Focus even more devastating.
  • Mephisto_style
    5724 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    People are ignorant of the new Acavenger mechanic. Also, ignore of modding the team for survival.

As it stands, for instance, I don't think a Phoenix team all gear and mods equal can beat a Jawa team.

And the funniest part is that it isn't just those teams. If you go all speed potency defense and health then the team is awesome. Forget their crit and crit damage. That's a joke compared to surviving long enough to put 100 TDs on the enemy team. You just need Jawa and Datcha to have nice speed and potency to lay down that stun and ability block constantly. JE to keep speeding them up with that crit up buff.
  • Options
    Grievous nuke team works realky well. Gg hk lead. Bb8 t3m4 and i use magna gaurd as 5th. G13 gg. Zeta on gg unique and t3 unique. Not much can stand up to it exept jkr
  • Options
    H_B0MBZ wrote: »

If he lost with his Empire team and thought that his CLS team was the better choice then he doesn't get the mechanics. That said, he might have his CLS team pathetically modded if he could not kill GBA with a CLS team that has all that and a g13 relic Han
    CLS is a better choice, but a flat G12 GBA is already hard to burst down, even with G13 han and Chewie with relics. Without any extra G12 pieces you can have Brood at 30k health and 90k+ protection, while still using a speed set to have him above 250-270.

Between equalisation with the rest of the geos, that health pool is not sonething you burn down with a Han-Chewie opening tap.

CLS can be a decent geo counter, if you have no other options, but ideally you'd target GS first and try to take him out with the opening shot.
  • Options
    Recently i used a palpatine team vs geos. Had some luck with the palp sie stun nur ist worked fine. With zpalp, geos cleanse results in massive TM, but it also worked without zeta
  • GA_Phoenix
    368 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    zEP, Vader, Thrawn, Tarkin and zIPD is a hard counter to bugs if there modded right.

Swap TM with iPD and get TL on Brute, use Vaders Forcecrush and Culling Blade to start the TM train, fracture Alpha push back TM with Tarkin and start applying shock to everyone after you use EP aoe stun. Then stun them again.

You need to control Poggle and Alpha with Vaders Abbility Block to make sure they didnt cleanse.
    If you didnt have IPD go for DT an TFP instead of Tarkin and IPD.

Sadly, this squad is also a good Padme counter so i normaly use zzTraya and Sion against the Bugs.
  • Options
    Usually when I encounter Geos in GA I will either use Palpatine, or remove Grievous and Magnaguard from my Separatist squad for an easy 2v5 undersize win.

Palps can work on Geos..?
  • MntMan
    281 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    kalidor wrote: »

Did scavenger get killed immediately? He's the source of the TDs from his unique. If he dies it's game over.

Ha I'm an idi...ot (Guess I can't say this word even though it's in a self deprecating sense. It gets the ****** treatment). You're probably right and I just didn't notice it. I've got to speed bump up my engineer as you noted. I think I had him pretty fast, but as people have come around to the jawa counter an OK speed worked before and now people are making sure Geos are quick as well.
  • Options
    Nest can solo geos
  • Options
    Nest can solo geos

I don't think so. At least every team I have seen use Nest against Geos also runs Qi'ra and Hyoda and still comes close to timing out.
  • Options
    Jawas are the best and easiest counter. My Scavenger is the only one at g10, I take out G12 Geonosians all the time.

The secret sauce is simple: Give your Scavenger enough speed that he can gain stealth, then wait until his second turn comes up an use his special. Win. It's literally that easy.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Jawas are the best and easiest counter. My Scavenger is the only one at g10, I take out G12 Geonosians all the time.

The secret sauce is simple: Give your Scavenger enough speed that he can gain stealth, then wait until his second turn comes up an use his special. Win. It's literally that easy.

You're half right: it's been established that jawas are easiest counter. But best? That's the issue as they don't tend to score high.
  • Options
    xPat3678x wrote: »

Palps can work on Geos..?

yes. Lots of sith and empire have AOE's which hurt the geos.
  • Options
    O managed to counter them with lots of AoE. Palpatine lead works, with vader, thrawn, badstila and tarkin.
  • Options
    I kill geos pretty easy (58-60 banners) usong old nightmare team...
    Palpa (L), vader, sion, nihilus and tarkin.
    They can barely move and habe never lost using this team xD
  • Options
    Sounds like your Jawas can beat everything @Mephisto_style . Put them in Squad Arena
  • Options
    Talzin lead NS is also an option. I'd say soft counter as is dependant on speed and gear.

Zombie to get the damage and debuffs
    Asajj to clear taunts and AoE
    Talzin to prevent cleanse and AoE

Once you get to kill Alfa, the match is set on your side.
    Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain
  • Options
    Lachie_1 wrote: »
    Sounds like your Jawas can beat everything @Mephisto_style . Put them in Squad Arena

Best I got mc39nyz0fczh.png
  • Options
    Nest can solo geos

I don't think so. At least every team I have seen use Nest against Geos also runs Qi'ra and Hyoda and still comes close to timing out.

Maybe, I ran full scoundrels vs geos in the last t.w.
    They killed all but nest. Nest easily won just with counter attacking. I could have pressed auto.
    In all fairness my lead was qi'ra, so her bonuses helped nest out with the stacking offense i suppose.
This discussion has been closed.