Episode 9 content - How are you preparing?

Prev1345
Long post, TL;DR provided.

With the insanity & pandemonium relics has brought to the game this week, I'm more curious (& probably also concerned) than ever about what we've got coming up in the next few months. Even with more prequel content coming up soon, & being as prepared for that as I can be, my sights are more set on the sequel content we have coming with the release of Episode 9 -- plus maybe delayed Last Jedi stuff. So I'm curious as to how everyone else is preparing for any & all of that, & if people are feeling any particular tremors in the Force they are guiding your farming/grinding. 

Personally, I've got all of the First Order (with the exception of SFTP) at gear 12, almost all zetas, & most of the Resistance at gear 12, almost all zetas. Still gearing up Rose & Holdo, having them up there & ready should they be required for anything, which I feel would be a decent tactic on CG's part, since many players wouldn't touch those characters with a 12-parsec pole. Debating on exactly how far to take them, but I'll probably preemptively take them up to 10 or 11 & have the gear ready for more if they need it. I also have the resources to gear 13 several of the big Resistance/FO players, like JTR & KRU, but haven't pulled the trigger just yet. Which brings me to...

My concern & at this point legit fear is with the ceiling having been raised recently with Gear 13 & now Relics, that most of the new Legendary/Journey/Epic Confrontation content will be gated potentially all the way up to that level. Gear 12/zetas/GP minimum requirement events could be difficult enough in some past events, but with so much having happened in the last month or so, characters (& therefore necessary grinding) have grown almost exponentially in power since our last big event. So like I said, I can take several to G13, throw in a couple relic levels, but I don't know about a whole faction or two... I'm a newly-wed who is keeping a close eye on the finances, so if that means I don't get whatever it is first-round, that's ultimately fine, hardcore bummed though I'll be, but I obviously wanna be as prepared as I possibly can be, because I am really hyped about sequel content, & despite concerns with the game this week, I'm sure the devs have some exciting stuff coming up for us. 

And as a random thought, we may also want to consider the influx of players that will be coming into the game around that point. Any of that content (aside from possibly some marquees) almost certainly won't be accessible at all to new players, obviously, but if the new content is impossible to get except for by the Krakens, then the usual, ever-increasing community uproar may reflect somewhat poorly on so many new players. ...But then again that might not be a factor whatsoever. Whatever it is, I'm hyped, I wanna stay that way, & I PRAY that every bit of this content isn't an impossible, Kraken-exclusive Epic Confrontation. Or Legendary Confrontation. Who knows. Not to give the devs any ideas or anything... /wink

TL;DR: What are you guys' theories for Episode 9 content? How are you preparing, if at all? Gear 13-ing JTR, BB-8, KRU? Which toons are you focusing on in general? Weak theory in that they did happen to show them taking a JTR to 13 as their example character in that great relic video they posted the other day. Coincidence? 
And bonus question, who do you think we'll see? Surely for sure another Journey event with Jedi Rey or something. Supreme Leader Kylo is also basically a guarantee. Plus probably Knights of Ren, & maybe super delayed Praetorians?

Replies

• I've started farming Rose and Holdo as they're both at 4 stars, but that's about it for now. Not planning to invest any gear or zetas into my Resistance or First Order anytime soon.
  • I'm mostly sitting on my resources until then. I already have all the Resistance and First Order characters 7 starred, and I'm in the process of finishing farming Poe's X-wing and Rey's Falcon.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• My guess is they will throw in some new character that would be needed a few weeks before any Episode 9 related event. I have 22 shards left to finish Rose, which I have been farming in the nice lull we have had from infinite Marquee events. I have actually managed to get down to only 12 toons (which include Malak and Wat Tambor) and three ships (which include Negotiator and Vulture Droid) that aren't 7*. My gear farming is certainly suffering, but I am pretty resigned to the fact I most likely won't be getting any new event character the first time through. Once I finally finish the toon farming, I can finally concentrate solely on gear and any new toons.
  • I’m prepping. I’ve got G13 Kylo (original, not KRU), and two pieces away from G13 JTR. Only G13 toons I’ll have. Might do either KRU next or JKA, haven’t decided.

Farming Holdo (sort of). No Rose yet but planning on it once current farms are done (Range Troop and Juhani). May also wait to see if she’s actually necessary.
  • Expect g13+relic level difficulty for any future end-game content. But since we cannot know exactly where to focus our efforts, a wise choice may be to simply hoard all the necessary materials to be able to g13r7 a faction on demand. The other option is just to purchase what you need when the time comes if that is your preference.
    There is a benefit to high power level requirements for end-game content: you don't have to worry about slicing your high speed mods to 6• because you won't have to move them to g11- heroes for future events.
  • Rcassino wrote: »
    Not doing anything because Knights of Ren will be released as marquee then you will need them all at 16500 to get Jedi Master Rey

Close. 16500 gp was the old wall. New wall will be relic level and 20k gp or some other nonsense.
  • it would be redic if rose or holdo were needed for anything. (spoilers!) rip.

rtt: I'm waiting
  • Slowly getting Rose to 7* and hoping that I won't ever be forced to gear her.
    Revive the stores, the game needs it.
  • Took Palpatine to G13, going to work on the Vets so I can get JTR.. I’ll be taking KRU to G13 also.. either way it’ll be good for GAC if those characters aren’t needed...
    I’m sure they’ll release something new we can’t prepare for...
  • I’m sure they’ll release something new we can’t prepare for...

Likely. This is why it makes more sense to just hoard than to gear anybody up now.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Liath
    4942 posts Member
    Took Palpatine to G13, going to work on the Vets so I can get JTR.. I’ll be taking KRU to G13 also.. either way it’ll be good for GAC if those characters aren’t needed...
    I’m sure they’ll release something new we can’t prepare for...

There is nothing that can’t be prepared for through hoarding of various resources including crystals, unless they release something that can only be obtained with cash, which would be a quite substantial change from consistent practice.
  • I am not.
  • I doubt I’ll make it to episode 9. Relics are breaking the game, so I’m not expecting to last much longer unless there are some major changes.
  • I do not prepare because I don't know what is coming / should come. Maybe a better Palpatine?

I really hope they do more KOTOR stuff tbh. I love this era. I really hope to see stuff from SWTOR in the future. I want Valkorion, Senya, Arcann, Vailyn and Thexan.
  • I bet Palpatine gets a relic ability that lets him revive...
  • uhr5f1m7b3jm.jpeg

I just hope we get this character...
  • All of them are 7*

That's it for now.

Pure speculation on my part but I believe the next Darth Malak style toon will be Ep9 related.
  • I've started farming Rose and Holdo as they're both at 4 stars, but that's about it for now. Not planning to invest any gear or zetas into my Resistance or First Order anytime soon.

If Rose is a requirement I am done 4 good
  • While I’m not currently working on them, I’d like at some point to finish my first order characters, but I simply have other priorities that I’m working on since I’m not a competitive person. Currently working on Separatists and Galactic Republic since I do like territory battles though, and I just like the separatists, while I’m doing that, I’m also slowly rounding out my knights of the old republic characters since I loved those games.