Why would you fix the Falcon event?

Prev1
Other people get the 7 * Falcon from the Event LAST TIME without a 7 * Capital Ship, and now I cannot get it without a 7 * Captial Ship despite having all my BH ships ready to go? Why would you move the goalposts like this?

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    The goal post was placed at the middle of the track in the first place. It seems like it was simply moved to the correct location.
  • Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    The goal post was placed at the middle of the track in the first place. It seems like it was simply moved to the correct location.

This. Last time it was broken, now it is fixed.
  • Options

You cannot move the goalposts once they're established. They chokepoint shards for Cap ships so its **** that I have to compete against 7 * Falcons that were achieved without a 7 * Cap ship. I can't just 'focus' on getting a cap ship faster. They've made **** sure of it.
  • Options
    YetiYeti wrote: »

You cannot move the goalposts once they're established. They chokepoint shards for Cap ships so its **** that I have to compete against 7 * Falcons that were achieved without a 7 * Cap ship. I can't just 'focus' on getting a cap ship faster. They've made **** sure of it.
    Right in the first post before the Falcon's release they stated that you need a capital ship at 7*.
    The fact that you were banking on a bug not getting fixed instead of getting at least one capital ship to 7* is the reason why you can't unlock it now. It's by no means the developers' fault.
  • Options
    Got to feel for the guy but this is SWGOH never rely on anything.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options

You cannot move the goalposts once they're established.

Using your logic:
    The first time around the event required a 7* capital ship. The error was in the most recent appearance.

They chokepoint shards for Cap ships [...]. I can't just 'focus' on getting a cap ship faster.

It takes 2 months to farm the capital ship from 6* to 7* (assuming that the capital ship events appear 1 month apart). Buy a refresh and a pack the first two times (1 month) and you will promote your capital ship to 7* the third time around (2 months). How many refreshes did you do so far?

• Options
    Inconceivable.

• Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Options

"You cannot fix a bug if it is to our disadvantage!"
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Options
    What do you mean? I needed a 7* capital ship to get my falcon.
  • Options
    :
    The first time around the event required a 7* capital ship. The error was in the most recent appearance.

Now this... I was not aware of... I just know that last event you didn't need the 7 * Cap Ship
  • Options
    Kisakee wrote: »

I'm having to compete against falcons that done during the bug... so yea... Its a disadvantage for me that'll NOW last six months.
  • Options
    I agree with the OP on this. It sucks that others without a 7* cap ship are using their 7* **** to get crystals and beat him back daily.

Most people agree that once an error like this has had and will continue to have a lasting, significant impact on competiveness, you shouldn’t change it.

Should it have been 7* all along? Yeah, obviously. But if all these people defending CG were victimized DAILY as a result of this error, they’d likely feel very differently.
    I am the jedi dog battle droid C-3PO could not kill.
  • Options
    Is it possible to have farmed all the required BH ships to 7* without having a 7* capital ship? That just seems unlikely to me, but hey, I've been around awhile and 7* cap ships are a distant memory.
  • Options

I'm having to compete against falcons that done during the bug... so yea... Its a disadvantage for me that'll NOW last six months.

I agree they should be consistent in legendary requirements.

However, you aren't barred from winning because you only got a 6 star falcoln rather than a 7 star. You can still gear the pilots to max without the ship at full stars which gives the ship most of it's stats.

I unlocked the falcoln at 6 stars when it launched and beat the 7 star versions in my shard just fine.
  • Options
    Am I missing something here?
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • RufusDogbreath
    233 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options

I agree they should be consistent in legendary requirements.

However, you aren't barred from winning because you only got a 6 star falcoln rather than a 7 star. You can still gear the pilots to max without the ship at full stars which gives the ship most of it's stats.

I unlocked the falcoln at 6 stars when it launched and beat the 7 star versions in my shard just fine.

You rock. Who evens needs 7* then? I suppose you left yours at 6*, right?
  • Options

“You should not fix a bug if doing so creates significant advantage for the portion of the player base who already exploited it.”

A pretty basic tenet of gaming.
  • Options

Why six months? Doesn't the event return roughly every 3 months? so only 3 months of a disadvantage.
    I agree with the OP on this. It sucks that others without a 7* cap ship are using their 7* **** to get crystals and beat him back daily.

Most people agree that once an error like this has had and will continue to have a lasting, significant impact on competiveness, you shouldn’t change it.

Should it have been 7* all along? Yeah, obviously. But if all these people defending CG were victimized DAILY as a result of this error, they’d likely feel very differently.

victimized is an exaggeration here. Its not that hard to overcome one star on the Falcon, its a great ship at any star level due to all the assists.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    They announced the bug fix a month ago. If a player was well-Informed enough that they planned to exploit a bug in order to save resources, they should have paid enough attention to the patch notes to realize the bug was fixed......

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/213464/title-update-9-10-2019
  • Options
    Imagine getting mad at a game developer for fixing their game.

LMAAOOOOO OK bud
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    :

Now this... I was not aware of... I just know that last event you didn't need the 7 * Cap Ship

Fair enough, but in that case it seems a bit strange to call the change a fix in your title. It implies that you know, that something was broken.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

Six months? I'm sure the event will return before that, and it only takes two months to farm your preferred capital ship from 6* to 7*.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

What are you talking about? If the rest of his fleet is on pat with his opponents' fleets, he would still be able to beat them using his 6* Falcon.

Most people agree that bugs should be fixed ASAP.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Wookiebush wrote: »

LMAAOOOOO OK bud

Imagine deliberately missing the point. It’s not about fixing a bug, it’s about not having the same advantage that others had. Is it a big deal? No, of course not, but people invest a lot of time (and sometimes money) into this. There are going to be frustrating things and people have the right to express feelings about those frustrations.

You missed one important point:
    OP apparently didn't invest as much resources into farming his capital ship as his opponents did. They had a 6* capital ship last time the event occurred - apparently OP didn't. OP was behind the curve already before the bug fix. OP should have farmed his capital ship to 7* by this occurrence of the event, instead of relying on the bug to remain. The fix was announced ages ago.
  • Options
    There once was a bug that allowed players to maximize their mods for free, you could take a mod to lvl 15 for 1 credit for a limited time. Many players maxed their 500+ mod inventory within hours...

When this was realized CG simply fixed the cost of upgrading mods but everyone who maxed their whole inventory got to keep what they exploited.

Honestly moving the goalposts and making changes that benefit those who exploit things is pretty common for this game.

If you exploit a bugged raid team to take #1 you keep rewards when team is fixed

If you made 200 mods with +10 speed (100% guaranteed for old green mods under old system) you got to keep all those speed mods when they updated the mod system to make the chance only 25% to hit speed.

I can list like 10 other situations but I think u get the point. What they did is totally par for the course.
  • Options
    Wookiebush wrote: »

LMAAOOOOO OK bud

Imagine deliberately missing the point. It’s not about fixing a bug, it’s about not having the same advantage that others had. Is it a big deal? No, of course not, but people invest a lot of time (and sometimes money) into this. There are going to be frustrating things and people have the right to express feelings about those frustrations.

Ok so I guess the mod glitch shouldn't have been patched because others got an advantage u didnt. Heck why are we banning cheaters when we should just give everyone cheats to balance it out.

Yeah ok.
  • Options
    While I kinda see the point here, the fact of the matter is that in battles, a 6* Falcon works almost as well as 7*. I ran a 6* Falcon daily to 1st place against a shard where most of the top 50 all ran 7* Falcon. As long as you have decent support ships (HT, Wiggs, Cassian, Phantom, and Ghost) to run the team, you'll be fine.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*