What makes me angry about Gen Skywalker

13Next

Replies

• DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    ...and in the naked light I saw, 10, 000 gamers maybe more.
    They were unhappy with so many things, all the nerfs that each new hero brings.
    And the sound, as players walk away, what can we say.
    Echos of a world in silence.
  • Options

How about a haiku?
  • Options
    CG gives free game.
    Player base wants all stuff now.
    You can’t win them all.
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    Options
    While I understand the thought. You have to realize that its ALWAYS been that you need opposing characters to unlock for EVERY event historically in this game. So realizing that if you really like a faction you should realize you need to farm the opposing faction as well for any eventual release
  • Options
    Daishi wrote: »
    While I understand the thought. You have to realize that its ALWAYS been that you need opposing characters to unlock for EVERY event historically in this game. So realizing that if you really like a faction you should realize you need to farm the opposing faction as well for any eventual release

Yoda - I believe we need Jedi. Same faction. but yes. For the most part, that is correct.
  • Options
    Ever since I got into this game, which was about 2-4 yrs ago, I wanted to farm anyone associated with the Clone Wars era, especially Ahsoka. She was the first toon that I took to 7* and to g12, and likely to g13. I didn't care if they were going to be a bag investment, I just knew that they were parts of a show that made up my childhood. I won't be getting Gen Ani this time around, but I'm confident I'll do it soon 😄
  • Options
    groovdog wrote: »

How about a haiku?

A Game is created
    Players download and play it
    Time passes many leave

• Options
    6-7-6 is not a haiku.
  • Options
    Caiaphas wrote: »
    What bothers me is that the game continues to punishes you for enjoying a faction. I've been working on Galactic Republic for ages. I was actually happy when g13+1, +2, ..., +5, +6, g14 (aka relics) came out, because I could keep working on and investing in the Republic. I mean I still use a republic fleet.

What really makes me angry is that I need to invest not just a little bit, but massively, in separatist droids. 17,700 power is g12+zetas. Thats 4 toons at g12 and 4 full zetas just for 1/4 of an event for a Republic toon. Plus Asajj, so 5 zetas.

This doesn't reward players - this outright punishes players who like to play and invest in the toons they WANT to play, rather than those that CG WANTS YOU to play.

So, despite my investment over the years in Republic toons, I will be missing one of the key toons because of the gawd awful separatist droid requirement. And this isn't like ewoks for 3P0, or seps for Padme... 17,700 power is a completely different level of investment. This is 5 zetas we are talking about here, to get the 5 seps to 17,700 power

Did we need Republic toons for ANY of the separatists? NOPE!

From the start, I have never understood why an investment in a faction can't yield improvements and new toons in THAT faction. Why can't the event be 'use Republic toons to rescue General Ani and add him to your collection?' And all other events done in a similar way, which rewards people who like to invest in a faction by giving them new toons in that faction?

What makes me the most angry is that a game, which is supposed to be enjoyable, instead makes me angry. There is something definitely not right with the design of a game if it continually makes the players angry.

edits:
    - Yes I know I could choose not to get him, but that's exactly the issue: I WANT to collect galactic republic toons. But NOT seps. The problem is that we (the players) are being punished for collecting Galactic Republic toons and investing in Galactic Republic, because we want to collect Galactic Republic. But you need to collect and invest in seps in order to collect and invest in Galactic Republic. It is infuriating.
    - Yes, I know that other events are this way. You need Rebels for Palp. Phoenix for Thrawn, etc. But that's what this post is more or less about. WHY is it this way? WHY can't we actually benefit from investing in a faction we enjoy? I mean, if Republic toons were needed for a Sep, I would end up having the sep and never using it.
    - Yes, zetas aren't strictly required. You can get 17,700 power with g12+2 or better. But if the event has 17,700 minimum required, you can be damned sure that the zetas are going to be necessary to actually beat the event

Hummm, just quit playing the game you don't like - see no problem here
  • Options
    6-7-6 is not a haiku.

Yeah, pre coffee is never good lol
  • Options
    Oh my, the degree of self pity in this thread is borderline insufferable. It's a handful of people again rehashing old arguments and asking for the game to cater to their individual preferences and moods. Why is the community giving so much visibility to these naysayers?
  • Options
    CG gives free game.
    Player base wants all stuff now.
    You can’t win them all.

The problem is not that we cant win them all. The problem is one toon making a team **** INVINCIBLE for ALL the other teams. What the point to play ? You dont have GS, you are out for the arena, out for the ga championship and out for the territory war because 1 team is INVINCIBLE, every aspect of the game loose all interest for non GS owner.

And even for the whales, do they really want just an autowin button ? No strategy needed, no combination skills, nothing just put the team, press auto. Is that really fun even for them ? And mirror matchs, man it will be **** horrible, I just have pity for those who will have to endure it.
  • Options
    Mirkraag wrote: »
    The problem is not that we cant win them all. The problem is one toon making a team **** INVINCIBLE for ALL the other teams. What the point to play ? You dont have GS, you are out for the arena, out for the ga championship and out for the territory war because 1 team is INVINCIBLE, every aspect of the game loose all interest for non GS owner.

And even for the whales, do they really want just an autowin button ? No strategy needed, no combination skills, nothing just put the team, press auto. Is that really fun even for them ? And mirror matchs, man it will be **** horrible, I just have pity for those who will have to endure it.
    Are you?

Are you really?

I've seen the kit. It looks formidable. It does not look invincible, let alone auto everything. Deplete Ani's protection. Kill some clones- who get no bonuses to sustain from Ani- then kill a boss who has no resistance to percent health effects.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »

Are you?

Are you really?

I've seen the kit. It looks formidable. It does not look invincible, let alone auto everything. Deplete Ani's protection. Kill some clones- who get no bonuses to sustain from Ani- then kill a boss who has no resistance to percent health effects.

It’s harder than you make it out to be. the kit has aspects that redefines what was thought possible in a character like dispelling locked status effects, negating damage for the rest of your team, increasing cool downs on basics, and even when you do beat the rest of the team anakin gets over a absurd amount of turn meter after your team takes a turn and that’s not even taking into account that he is going to counter chance combo after you attack him. It’s not invincible but we have little to no chance of being competitive if someone just puts this team on defense in grand arena.
  • Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »

Are you?

Are you really?

It’s harder than you make it out to be. the kit has aspects that redefines what was thought possible in a character like dispelling locked status effects, negating damage for the rest of your team, increasing cool downs on basics, and even when you do beat the rest of the team anakin gets over a absurd amount of turn meter after your team takes a turn and that’s not even taking into account that he is going to counter chance combo after you attack him. It’s not invincible but we have little to no chance of being competitive if someone just puts this team on defense in grand arena.

Having little to no chance of winning a match is not the same as little to no chance of being competitive in GAC. If you expect to win every match, that's not a competitive game mode.
  • Options
    So I believe that the original poster is down in the dumps that he has to do something he doesn't want to get something he wants.

Welcome to real life, I want money but I don't want to work. Unfortunately that is how the world turns
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    People love bringing up removing locked debuffs like it's so broken.

He only does that when he goes into cover. Once he goes into cover, he's gone for ten turns. And once you're 1v1, he's not doing it again.

So what locked debuffs are you worried about? Isolate? He's in cover. He's gone for now. Fracture? He's in cover. He's not doing anything. You just get your Thrawn back. Plague? He'd heal it off anyways. Padme's stun? He's in cover, so he's not doing anything. The most relevant locked debuff to remove is Armor Shred. And the only truly relevant matchup for that is a mirror match. Meanwhile, the fact it removes locked buffs is more liable to limit options.

That effect removal is less an amazing power and more of a way to avoid weird interactions.

Yes, Anakin has some new mechanics going for him. Any new character is liable to have some new mechanics going for them. GBA had new mechanics. ARC Trooper's gonna have new mechanics. Vulture Droid had new mechanics. B1 had new mechanics. Both Revans had new mechanics. New mechanics don't mean the game's breaking. It means there's something new.

As for GA? GAS is not the regenerating percent health resistant bonus turn taking team eating slab of meat that Malak is. Even if you lose, if you can get through his protection once- not unreasonable- then you can land some key kills to score the win in a two stroke. The clones are squishy, especially without Shaak Ti's +60% health/protection and additional sustain.

GAS is formidable. But this is not the end of the world. And he's not an instant win button in GA.
    Post edited by YaeVizsla on
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    Hello monotony my old friend, you've come to visit me again.
    In times like this we need to act as one, bring back in game excitement and endless fun.
    But chance has favored them again, it never ends..
    We miss the old sounds... of silence..

Oh they make pretty posts and then, repeat themselves over and over again.
    They think we're dumb and easily amused, but we are left even more confused.
    And now they're doing it again, it never ends.
    We miss the old sounds of silence.

Fool said I you do not know, silence like a cancer grows.
    Thinking for ourselves is very bad. We realize all the crap that makes us mad.
    So they shine a light that burns brightly in our eyes, no surprise.
    Echo the sounds... of silence.

And the shills they bow and pray, to the neon god they made.
    They thinking saying that all is well, is worth their eternity in gaming hell.
    If they tell them that the new content's cool, and endure being thought a fool.
    That they will be favored by gems from on high. I ask you why?
    We miss the old sounds of silence.

Having read this I now envy the blind.
    Easily the greatest thing I've read on here in... maybe ever.
  • Options
    I'm thinking shaak ti clones with ani may still counter this.

Any clips of this, or others fighting GAS?
  • Options
    Good lord people are still bumping this? Let it die already lol
  • Options
    I'm thinking shaak ti clones with ani may still counter this.

Any clips of this, or others fighting GAS?

SnakesOnThePlane just posted a couple of 5* g11 4 zeta GAS ones. It's not pretty (if you are whaling for GAS). If you can't or don't want to watch the video, GAS loses to DR/Malak with Wat and loses both on defense and offense to a standard Padme arena team. IMHO, if GAS is losing on offense to a Padme team with 3p0 (which probably isn't the ideal setup for GAS), he might not be as much of an issue in arena as people think....if they have strong GR teams, at least.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*