What makes me angry about Gen Skywalker

Replies

• Options
    Being mad because of ignoring critical factions in TW/TB *and* GAC, not to mention arena counter metas for DR.. I just makes me laugh a little. The level of entitlement expressed is hilarious for someone who's refused to invest in the Sep droid meta because of an attitude issue. The game is meant to have many factions.. we have pushing 180 toons to play with and because you choose to focus on the mid-bottom 15 or so, you're mad that an event comes out that highlights that weakness. Having sympathy for self-inflicted misery isn't something I'm wired for.

That being said, the requirements for this event have been rumored and telegraphed for literally **MONTHS**.

And, they are more reasonable for anyone who's been playing all the various events, than most events in recent history. DR, Malak, CLS, RJT.. they all required much shorter panic farms, with little to no head's up. Kudos to CG to rewarding those who have been keeping up and staying invested in the factions.

Ignore all the signs all you want, but that doesn't keep you from getting a speeding ticket when you ignore the posted speed. Hope you find enjoyment in that very limited "collection".
  • Options
    As a total sidebar note: Why is it people constantly use the term "Geos" for "Genosians". It would be Genos, not "Geos" which would be some sort of earth creature..
  • Options
    Okay class, pay attention. What have we learned? We've learned why they nerfed JKA under the guise of "working as we envisioned him". When all along, GS was lurking on the white board. If you sit back and watch things unfold, all becomes clear. And actually, quite humorously. You have to laugh, or throw your phone. I prefer to laugh and trudge on.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    As a total sidebar note: Why is it people constantly use the term "Geos" for "Genosians". It would be Genos, not "Geos" which would be some sort of earth creature..

Would you prefer "Geo's"?

Geos is faster.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    You doing Geo TB?

I swear it was like you was reading my mind lol.. No matter who he likes or don't like. He need the droids in Geo TB. Plus they with GG are a awesome faction.
  • Options

Geos is faster.

In the Football spirit of "Dah Bears" let's use "Dah Bugs".
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options

Geos is faster.

In the Football spirit of "Dah Bears" let's use "Dah Bugs".

overruled.gif
  • Caiaphas
    187 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Being mad because of ignoring critical factions in TW/TB *and* GAC, not to mention arena counter metas for DR.. I just makes me laugh a little. The level of entitlement expressed is hilarious for someone who's refused to invest in the Sep droid meta because of an attitude issue. The game is meant to have many factions.. we have pushing 180 toons to play with and because you choose to focus on the mid-bottom 15 or so, you're mad that an event comes out that highlights that weakness. Having sympathy for self-inflicted misery isn't something I'm wired for.

That being said, the requirements for this event have been rumored and telegraphed for literally **MONTHS**.

And, they are more reasonable for anyone who's been playing all the various events, than most events in recent history. DR, Malak, CLS, RJT.. they all required much shorter panic farms, with little to no head's up. Kudos to CG to rewarding those who have been keeping up and staying invested in the factions.

Ignore all the signs all you want, but that doesn't keep you from getting a speeding ticket when you ignore the posted speed. Hope you find enjoyment in that very limited "collection".

I really should stop replying, but one last time :P

- First, I haven't ignored counters to the DR meta. I use Shaq Attack. Thanks.
    - Second, no entitlement is expressed anywhere. In fact I thought I was rather tame in expressing an opinion. I never said anywhere that I expected anything.
    - Third, I don't think I have an attitude issue, thank you. I took a year-long break from the game, missed the Sep reworks entirely, missed the marquees for the droids and new Seps, and chose to not bother farm them from scratch. It was a bit late when I came back in late August to start investing in previously released toons for the Dark Side Geo TB, so instead I started preparing for the Light Side version
    - Finally, thanks for putting the word 'collection' in little quotes. I like it when people belittle me, when they don't know me or why I took a break from the game. Sure, I lost a million GP over the year that I was off, but I got a PhD instead. Meanwhile, I am back in the top 10 in fleet and top 20 in arena in less than 2 months, while still being a million or more GP short of my shardmates. So I think I did well. You think what you will.
  • Options
    It Geonosians, not Genosians. Hence "Geos".
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options

Probably because it's "Geonosians," not "Genosians."
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    I like that the OP stated his disappointment but didn’t fall into the usual “I’m thinking about quitting” or “you’re just a CG apologist” trap some often do too.

Actually he did do the latter in response to me.
  • Options
    Liath wrote: »

I’m guessing your referring to this?
    Caiaphas wrote: »
    @Liath I am not starting an argument with people who defend the game, nor did I ask anyone to change how they do things. I was just stating how I feel, and why it bothers me.

I'll move along now

I disagree with your interpretation but I guess it depends on how you interpret context (which is admittedly tough either way to do so on a computer screen). I interpret that his intent was not to argue nor to demand change... just to state disappointment.
  • Options
    What bothers me about Gen Skywalker event is, after it is over and he is unlocked, then what? We are still going to have nothing to do with all of these toons. Nothing interesting going on in game on a daily basis. Total boredom will set in the community and we will wait another 6 months for the next shinny 1 hour event.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

@Liath I am not starting an argument with people who defend the game, nor did I ask anyone to change how they do things. I was just stating how I feel, and why it bothers me.

I'll move along now

I disagree with your interpretation but I guess it depends on how you interpret context (which is admittedly tough either way to do so on a computer screen). I interpret that his intent was not to argue nor to demand change... just to state disappointment.

Then he would have just said "I am not starting an argument." By adding "with people who defend the game," the meaning changes into exactly what you said he didn't do.
  • Options
    IronCross wrote: »
    What bothers me about Gen Skywalker event is, after it is over and he is unlocked, then what? We are still going to have nothing to do with all of these toons. Nothing interesting going on in game on a daily basis. Total boredom will set in the community and we will wait another 6 months for the next shinny 1 hour event.

Totally this, he definitely will not be needed or useful in next months Light Side Geo TB. Nor will he be at all utilized in GAC or Squad Arena.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    IronCross wrote: »

Totally this, he definitely will not be needed or useful in next months Light Side Geo TB. Nor will he be at all utilized in GAC or Squad Arena.

Agreed. I'd like to add that Padme, Shaak Ti, Clones and Separatist Droids are a total waste too, and have no use anywhere.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Hello monotony my old friend, you've come to visit me again.
    In times like this we need to act as one, bring back in game excitement and endless fun.
    But chance has favored them again, it never ends..
    We miss the old sounds... of silence..

Oh they make pretty posts and then, repeat themselves over and over again.
    They think we're dumb and easily amused, but we are left even more confused.
    And now they're doing it again, it never ends.
    We miss the old sounds of silence.

Fool said I you do not know, silence like a cancer grows.
    Thinking for ourselves is very bad. We realize all the crap that makes us mad.
    So they shine a light that burns brightly in our eyes, no surprise.
    Echo the sounds... of silence.

And the shills they bow and pray, to the neon god they made.
    They thinking saying that all is well, is worth their eternity in gaming hell.
    If they tell them that the new content's cool, and endure being thought a fool.
    That they will be favored by gems from on high. I ask you why?

• Options
    In times like this we need to act as one, bring back in game excitement and endless fun.

Having read this I now envy the blind.

You guys go on about the “shills”, but I wonder why you bother playing the game? I used to play Candy Crush til I got bored of it. When that happened I just stopped playing.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options

Having read this I now envy the blind.

You guys go on about the “shills”, but I wonder why you bother playing the game? I used to play Candy Crush til I got bored of it. When that happened I just stopped playing.

You'll never reach Candy Crush Shill status with that attitude.
  • dudeitsmeross69
    124 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    you should hop onto the Candy Crush boards... they make this place look tame!
  • Options
    kello_511 wrote: »
    This is how it has always worked and it’s by design really.

There are close to 200 toons in this game. Some are great, some are has-beens and some have never been good. But CG spent time and money developing every one of them. They want us to farm and gear every one (in a perfect world).
    Doing so means that their resources weren’t wasted in creating the toons and it also slows our progress a bit to buy them time to create new stuff.

In a perfect world for players, I can see your point. It would be great if we could pick and choose our factions as you describe.

It’s just not reality though. There is no point in getting yourself upset over it as it will never change.

They should request a refund for some of these toons.....
  • Options
    This GR character is for endgame players and players that know how to manage their rosters. That Sir, isn't you.

The character and requirements for this new content have been known for less than 24 hours so no one “knew” how to manage their roster until yesterday for this event. Any prep folks have done up to yesterday was just an educated guess.

Was it likely that the new characters we’ve seen I’ve the past few months would be required? Sure... but considering all the speculation around General Anakin/Fallen Anakin/Ki Adi Mundi, there could have been other toons folks may have focused on instead (Jedi Council, Wat, Geos, etc... these will likely be needed for other characters right around the corner if you ask me).

I like that the OP stated his disappointment but didn’t fall into the usual “I’m thinking about quitting” or “you’re just a CG apologist” trap some often do too.

GR ships - they were around since day 1 and required as part of the mace meta. ETA is a relatively new drop, but has been here long enough that u would have it at 7* even if u just did 5 sims a day.

GR toons - with the exception of shaakti, the rest are all high tier toons available for quite awhile. C3po at g8 and 1 zeta is alr over 18k power. Once you 7* shaakti, most likely she’ll meet the power requirement at a fairly low gear level too.

Seps - this is probably where some may stumble since droideka isn’t really required for arena or GAC (easily replaceable with nute), and magnaguard is a gear sink. Overall though, still decent choices for farming.

I’d say this should be doable by most long time players above 4m gp if they have been farming shaak ti. Newer players will have trouble, no harm trying since all the required toons are effective in pvp and tb anw.
  • Options
    Why doesn't CG make it so republic unlocks republic characters, empire unlocks empire characters. That way people can focus on the factions they want instead of building up a faction for just unlocking characters (ie Ewoks C3PO, FO JTR, seps Padme).
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    H_B0MBZ wrote: »
    Why doesn't CG make it so republic unlocks republic characters, empire unlocks empire characters. That way people can focus on the factions they want instead of building up a faction for just unlocking characters (ie Ewoks C3PO, FO JTR, seps Padme).

Because they want to give you a reason to work on characters you would otherwise ignore, to incentivize you to spend more money.
  • Options

Solo smugglers: we unlocks nothing.
  • Options
    This is a roster-building/collection game. Cross-faction events encourages and rewards building a broader roster. Intra-faction events does not.

Breadth, rather than specialization, is supposed to be rewarded.
    Still not a he.
  • Options

I'll move along now

Then he would have just said "I am not starting an argument." By adding "with people who defend the game," the meaning changes into exactly what you said he didn't do.

So you equate “I am not starting an argument with people who defend the game” to starting an argument with people who defend the game. Thanks for clarifying.
  • Options
    Funny how you say
    Why can't the event be 'use Republic toons to rescue General Ani and add him to your collection?'
    but then say
    This doesn't reward players - this outright punishes players who like to play and invest in the toons they WANT to play, rather than those that CG WANTS YOU to play.
    . By that logic you would prefer to level and gear CUP, JC or JKG over useful toons in another faction just because of a TAG you enjoy. You have bottle necked yourself with no else to blame.
  • Options
    This game has always been objectively rife with bad gameplay decisions/mechanics, especially when compared with more mainstream competitive games (nearly all of these bad gameplay elements are simply because of monetisation or budget). As others have said, this system of using opposing factions to unlock a superior character of a different faction is not new to this game, but IMO that is the only real valid supporting reason. I agree with the OP that ideally the game should reward devotion to a faction with superior units from the same faction, because as a game that functions somewhat as a collectible collection, a player should be able display his own pride and loyalty to the factions they admire.