Without 7* C3PO, Spending money pointless? General Anakin Unlock. Don’t bother?

Prev13456
So as it appears it’s impossible to unlock Gen Anakin by whaling out and spending a bunch if ya can’t break Tier 2. Was this really done on purpose?

This seems like a huge blunder on behalf of the developers. Since the C3PO event has past. That is a lot of spenders $$$ to eliminate. Why would the Announcement not come out before C3PO event. Could have spent money there too to allow possibility of Gen. Anakin Unlock.

Whoops? CG? You don’t want my money? Mistake?

Replies

• Damodamo
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    Because the majority of people already have 3po?
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    C3PO has been out a few times I think.
  • Options
    I know of a couple 4 million or almost 4 million gp accounts that don’t. First hand.
  • Options
    Perhaps they are tired of people crying that everything they release is a cash grab. Maybe they are just releasing a challenging event that X% of the population are already ready for but the majority have some work to do. For those people who thought ahead and planned, good on them. For the rest of us, get to work.
    -Z
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    I know of a couple 4 million or almost 4 million gp accounts that don’t. First hand.

giphy.gif
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    Most all unlocks if you could bankroll it you could unlock the character. No amount of money will help if you missed the C3PO event. If they are trying to encourage spending this seems like a big Faux Pas.
  • dudeitsmeross69
    124 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I don’t have any hard data but I’d be willing to bet the that the community of folks who whale hard for new releases probably already have 3PO so CG aren’t worried about the small group of folks willing to spend money that may be without 3PO at the moment.

The scenario you describe though is likely a factor in CG announcing that certain legendaries and journeys will be open events that are accessible as soon as you have the reqs for it. I’d imagine 3PO would be among those events coming up shortly.

Edit: spelled 3PO correctly 🤪
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Most all unlocks if you could bankroll it you could unlock the character. No amount of money will help if you missed the C3PO event. If they are trying to encourage spending this seems like a big Faux Pas.

Honestly, to me the bigger mistake is making a ship requirement, since this is the first time a specific ship has been required for a character unlock in the history of the game. It's particularly weak because they've basically ignored ships since their release....then punished players who have done the same. Whatever. CG has made it clear that it is their game to dictate play, not ours to play how we want.

I wish I could take back the $8 I wasted on that gear pack a couple weeks ago. Oh, well. Slow learner. Wallet closed for another 2+ years. :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Zerfius wrote: »
    Perhaps they are tired of people crying that everything they release is a cash grab. Maybe they are just releasing a challenging event that X% of the population are already ready for but the majority have some work to do. For those people who thought ahead and planned, good on them. For the rest of us, get to work.
    -Z

I would in some ways be in favor of that as a legacy player. Just goes against the idea that they are a business entity; with the intent to profit. You know?
  • Options
    I guess I will bother with the event 🤷🏽‍♂️
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Honestly, to me the bigger mistake is making a ship requirement, since this is the first time a specific ship has been required for a character unlock in the history of the game. It's particularly weak because they've basically ignored ships since their release....then punished players who have done the same. Whatever. CG has made it clear that it is their game to dictate play, not ours to play how we want.

I wish I could take back the $8 I wasted on that gear pack a couple weeks ago. Oh, well. Slow learner. Wallet closed for another 2+ years. :D

I tend to agree. It doesn’t make much sense to include things that aren’t unlockable by spending, haha. Maybe they made enough money on Relics? 😅
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options

I tend to agree. It doesn’t make much sense to include things that aren’t unlockable by spending, haha. Maybe they made enough money on Relics? 😅

the game isn't designed to have someone walk in on day one and just be able to buy everything. there's a progression
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    I’m just trying to understand CG intent as hard as that can be. Haha
  • Options
    Zerfius wrote: »
    -Z

I would in some ways be in favor of that as a legacy player. Just goes against the idea that they are a business entity; with the intent to profit. You know?

Right, but my issue with your post and the others like it is that they have finally done something that is not a PURE cash grab. There is little you can do without Threepio. Which I also believe most people who are willing to spend on this game would have already.

If we as a community are being consistent with our message, we should be more **** about the high gear requirement for SEVERAL toons. And while those toons are actually usable elsewhere (I am looking at you Rey's Hero Journey) it is still an immense investment to get all of them to g12+. That is where the cash grab exists. That is where the internet outrage should live. Or the ship requirements as other have pointed to. Although if we have looked at the Feats in GAC, we should have seen it coming that they are doing all they can to push us to use that game mode more.
    -Z
  • StarSon
    7472 posts Member
    Options

It's not a mistake, they did it precisely because they want to limit the people that get him. There are 120k 7* C-3PO's, 88k 7* Padme's, and even more of the others (according to .gg data). There is no data on ships, but I gaurantee it's a much smaller number than the 17k Shaak Ti's at 6* or higher.
  • Options
    “the game isn't designed to have someone walk in on day one and just be able to buy everything. there's a progression”

Doesn’t that go against everything they have done in the past though...
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    “the game isn't designed to have someone walk in on day one and just be able to buy everything. there's a progression”

This event requiring C3PO is no different than the Malak event requiring JKR and DR. Neither could be purchased.
  • Options
    I agree Zerfius. It’s seems counterintuitive to CG’s past behavior.
  • Options
    Lio wrote: »

This event requiring C3PO is no different than the Malak event requiring JKR and DR. Neither could be purchased.

There was notice though that both JKR and DR would be needed as the two events came prior to the Malak unlock.

• Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options

There was notice though that both JKR and DR would be needed as the two events came prior to the Malak unlock.

........................just like how they gave notice that C3PO will be required for GS? I get that you're upset that you don't have C3PO at 7* ready to go for the event, but I am having a hard time following your reasoning to be angry.
  • Options
    Not angry. I was just saying I believe the notice came during the actual DR unlock. Cause that whole Malak unlock was a blunder. Not to throw people under the bus. However, I think there was a responsible party for the unlock sequences being augmented.
  • StarSon
    7472 posts Member
    Options

We actually have more notice this time, so not sure what you are really after here. If you didn't get JKR on the first two runs, you didn't get Malak. There was zero indication at the time of the 2nd run of JKR that he would be needed for anything.
  • Options
    Notice for requirements, Yes! Not for the ability to unlock required characters though.
  • Options
    Why let someone whale out at the last second for a new toon when you can instill the behavior to whale out on every legendary and marquee because you never know when they will be needed?
  • Options
    Why let someone whale out at the last second for a new toon when you can instill the behavior to whale out on every legendary and marquee because you never know when they will be needed?

Nooooo. I agree completely! As would my favorite Youtubers I imagine. Don’t ya think?
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options
    Not angry. I was just saying I believe the notice came during the actual DR unlock. Cause that whole Malak unlock was a blunder. Not to throw people under the bus. However, I think there was a responsible party for the unlock sequences being augmented.

The Malak announcement came like two weeks after the DR event had closed. It didn't come during the DR unlock. Also, the most recent C3PO was just last month. They aren't doing anything out of the ordinary for this Epic Confrontation as it's being released very similarly to the Malak event. Only this time every required toon will be useful moving forward.
  • Options
    I don’t think anyone in the “community” has taken a stance exclusively supporting “whaling.” Hahaha
  • TVF
    36639 posts Member
    Options
    It's really unfair that C3PO has only been available four times now.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

The Malak announcement came like two weeks after the DR event had closed. It didn't come during the DR unlock. Also, the most recent C3PO was just last month. They aren't doing anything out of the ordinary for this Epic Confrontation as it's being released very similarly to the Malak event. Only this time every required toon will be useful moving forward.

Wasn’t that Event explained by CG_C..... an so on as a bit of a blunder though? In response to “whale hate.”
  • Ultra
    11537 posts Moderator
    Options
    CG is trying to say that you need to immediately whale out every new toon instead of waiting when they will be required for something else

For those who are talking about they don’t know how to make money or are losing money by not running it — the bigger message here is more important
This discussion has been closed.