Without 7* C3PO, Spending money pointless? General Anakin Unlock. Don’t bother?

Replies

• Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    I know of a couple 4 million or almost 4 million gp accounts that don’t. First hand.

a couple of weak 4 mil accounts
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    It's really unfair that C3PO has only been available four times now.

Honestly this seems like the most sensible argument if it is in fact not a mistake. Never known CG to be impervious 😅
  • Ultra
    11575 posts Moderator
    Options
    Not angry. I was just saying I believe the notice came during the actual DR unlock. Cause that whole Malak unlock was a blunder. Not to throw people under the bus. However, I think there was a responsible party for the unlock sequences being augmented.
    It has gotten tough to scapegoat Carrie for every bad decision after her departure, for sure
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options

Honestly this seems like the most sensible argument if it is in fact not a mistake. Never known CG to be impervious 😅

You... you realize TVF was making fun of your argument, right?
  • StarSon
    7509 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Notice for requirements, Yes! Not for the ability to unlock required characters though.

Not relevant. The first run of each event was 2 months apart. Both of which happed about a year ago, and 3PO has had 2 more runs than JKR did at the time of the relevant event.
  • Options
    Vertigo wrote: »
    I know of a couple 4 million or almost 4 million gp accounts that don’t. First hand.

a couple of weak 4 mil accounts
    😂😂😂😭😭😭 So True!!!!
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    I agree Zerfius. It’s seems counterintuitive to CG’s past behavior.

How is it so? The only event of this type, the malak event also required many past farms to be completed prior. Have they been rejecting to grab your money all along?

Giving the impression anything in the game can be needed any moment is more incentivising for spending than the minority who simply couldn't have bothered with an event that ran numerous times. Whale harder next time.
  • groovdog
    102 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Lio wrote: »
    “the game isn't designed to have someone walk in on day one and just be able to buy everything. there's a progression”

Doesn’t that go against everything they have done in the past though...

This event requiring C3PO is no different than the Malak event requiring JKR and DR. Neither could be purchased.

But both were meta so likely available to alot of people. I am a newer player. 3PO was literally the last event to do for me and only 5 star because didnt have good enough ewoks.

11 months and 3.25 million GP. I will have all the GR ships at 40k (including both capital ships) except rex (talk about bad farm). With spend i could meet the other requiremnts as only challenge is shak. I know I could buy enough to get there. Instead my farm shifts back to ewoks and some g12 droids. No money for you ever on this event. Bad move CG.
  • Options
    No_Try wrote: »

How is it so? The only event of this type, the malak event also required many past farms to be completed prior. Have they been rejecting to grab your money all along?

Giving the impression anything in the game can be needed any moment is more incentivising for spending than the minority who simply couldn't have bothered with an event that ran numerous times. Whale harder next time.

Stick vs Carrot. Punished for not spending. Definitely Possible. I’d rather the carrot. Spend for both. Personal opinion of course, Haha.

I’m generally in support to Carrot 🥕 behavior!
  • Options

Like always you assume everyone has been playing as long as you....
  • Options
    groovdog wrote: »
    “the game isn't designed to have someone walk in on day one and just be able to buy everything. there's a progression”

This event requiring C3PO is no different than the Malak event requiring JKR and DR. Neither could be purchased.

But both were meta so likely available to alot of people. I am a newer player. 3PO was literally the last guy event to do for me and only 5 star because didnt have good enough ewoks.

11 months and 3.25 million GP. I will have all the GR ships at 40k except rex (talk about bad farm). With spend i could meet the other requiremnts as only challenge is shak. I know I could buy enough to get there. Instead my farm shifts back to ewoks some g12 droids. No money for you ever on this event. Bad move CG.

Amen Groovdog. We are a small demographic!
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    CG is trying to say that you need to immediately whale out every new toon and every ship instead of waiting when they will be required for something else

For those who are talking about they don’t know how to make money or are losing money by not running it — the bigger message here is more important

FYP. ;)

But I agree. Honestly, it's just the ship thing I find annoying. Partly because ships have never been a requirement for a character unlock before and partly because CG is basically saying "We haven't cared about ships for 2 years....but you have to."
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Ultra
    11575 posts Moderator
    Options

C3PO’s legendary ran for the first time in December 2018

If you are playing this game for less than a year, then this event isn’t for you
  • Options

If you are playing this game for less than a year, then this event isn’t for you

I don’t think CG has ever supported keeping people out completely though. If you got $$$ you can win at Arena; except this time? Doesn’t make sense.
  • Options
    If you've got money and a burning desire to spend it on relevant characters, why didn't you do it the last time his event was up?
    Porgatory demands fresh souls.
  • Options
    Pay to Play Game? Or Na?
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

Stick vs Carrot. Punished for not spending. Definitely Possible. I’d rather the carrot. Spend for both. Personal opinion of course, Haha.

That's normal since you are a self deemed whale. While it's pretty common the game keep getting called p2p and every new thing whale-only...CG always played with a fine line here. It's been rewarding long term dedication and good choices at the right time. Since I'm f2p and won't whale (simply by preference) when I'm asked for (carrot) this brand of design certainly appeals to me and minority overachievers like me .

They make some other bottlenecks which you can't simply buy your way through during different periods in the game (like zetas still are). While they need to make their high spenders (both dolphins who only spend high amounts when it means something and whales) spend through various means, they are also trying to keep things in somewhat reachable range for everyone else. They know pretty well, if they completely alienate the bottom majority=f2p, the whole pyramid would fall over. So they need to boil all of us slowly.
  • Options
    You're avoiding the question. All this ballyhoo and linking from other threads, because you didn't have C3P0 ready and you can't buy your way into him now.

Why didn't you do it then?

The only excuse I'd accept is you're a very very new whale who started after his last event.
  • Options
    Also: "nah". Pay to "win", to an extent...but definitely not pay to play.
  • Options

That's normal since you are a self deemed whale. While it's pretty common the game keep getting called p2p and every new thing whale-only...CG always played with a fine line here. It's been rewarding long term dedication and good choices at the right time. Since I'm f2p and won't whale (simply by preference) when I'm asked for (carrot) this brand of design certainly appeals to me and minority overachievers like me .

They make some other bottlenecks which you can't simply buy your way through during different periods in the game (like zetas still are). While they need to make their high spenders (both dolphins who only spend high amounts when it means something and whales) spend through various means, they are also trying to keep things in somewhat reachable range for everyone else. They know pretty well, if they completely alienate the bottom majority=f2p, the whole pyramid would fall over. So they need to boil all of us slowly.

I like your thought process. I myself was f2p for a good year or two.
  • InfamousJay
    104 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    It does seem weird that its not openly a cash buy this time, right No_Try?
  • TVF
    36754 posts Member
    Options

No, I assume that newer players won't have access to everything. Which has always been the case.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36754 posts Member
    Options

I don’t think CG has ever supported keeping people out completely though. If you got $$$ you can win at Arena; except this time? Doesn’t make sense.

Malak says hi.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options

But both were meta so likely available to alot of people. I am a newer player. 3PO was literally the last event to do for me and only 5 star because didnt have good enough ewoks.

11 months and 3.25 million GP. I will have all the GR ships at 40k (including both capital ships) except rex (talk about bad farm). With spend i could meet the other requiremnts as only challenge is shak. I know I could buy enough to get there. Instead my farm shifts back to ewoks and some g12 droids. No money for you ever on this event. Bad move CG.

11 months of playing and you still haven't learned you need to whale early on. That's the mistake there. If you're gonna spend money on something in this game it's better to do it early to get ahead not later to play catch up.
  • Options
    Man, this guy's great at strawman arguments, responding to people who he thinks agree with him and totally ignoring everyone else, isn't he?
  • Options
    Not everything but since I’ve been playing they have definitely left a window of accessibility if you were willing to pay and you were 85. Need C3P0 buy Ewoks. Need Anakin ship. Buy Packs. That’s how it’s worked in my understanding from Event to Event so far.
  • Options
    Padme Event..... Buy Seperatist packs.... Trend, No?
  • Options
    You're avoiding the question I asked earlier. All this ballyhoo and linking from other threads, because you didn't have C3P0 ready and you can't buy your way into him now.

Why didn't you do it then? You're so desperate to make the case you should be able to throw money at every event, why don't you already have him from his many previous appearances?
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

It always is to some degree and some still always make it (which wouldn't hurt CG). In my pure f2p guild c3po situation is 44/50. I just checked a few spender oriented guild on swgoh.gg, they are all 50/50.

Where does it stop? Why is there no rage for no reruns of Padme event as she's also a needed legendary or gk which is a raid only toon you can't buy?
  • Options

It always is to some degree and some still always make it (which wouldn't hurt CG). In my pure f2p guild c3po situation is 44/50. I just checked a few spender oriented guild on swgoh.gg, they are all 50/50.

Where does it stop? Why is there no rage for no reruns of Padme event as she's also a needed legendary or gk which is a raid only toon you can't buy?

One of my best friends quit because he couldn’t keep up with the meta. Spending a bit a year. I definitely understand.

This discussion has been closed.