MobileGamer tells the truth

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Hey Edward, good to see you're still at it.
    I'm glad you finally realized that you should also hoard crystals, that has always been 1 of your weak points.
    PS. I'm i the only one that thinks it's hilarious that MobileGamer, a former gamechanger, popular youtuber and a player where (some) other players look at for advice, only just now realizes hoarding is beneficial in this game?
    Im well aware that there a some things you can't achieve without paying, but when you need to spend as much money as MobileGamer did on Ganakin you've got to realize that you probably could have managed your resources a bit different in order to bring that pricetag down quite a bit. I mean, come on...
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    MobileGamer(hates probably the most, but I relate) and CubsFanHan(maybe the most down the middle) are the only ones I will watch now.

Unsubscribed from Ahnald because he apologizes too much for CG.
  • Options
    I love the average contrarian that goes against the grain.

Honestly though, think about all the other events. Yoda= 5 Jedi, EP=5 Rebels, CLS, Thrawn Revan, Dr, Malak=1 faction for 7*s. Game changing characters.

Ga$. GR, Droids, Clones for ships and AV. G13 and Relics. For 5 measley stars. Not even sure how you even argue this one? Complete and utter fail on their part.
  • Options
    Probably wouldn't have been an issue if they actually played their own game. Doesn't seem like they've been playing it at all since Carrie left.
  • Options
    I love the average contrarian that goes against the grain.

Honestly though, think about all the other events. Yoda= 5 Jedi, EP=5 Rebels, CLS, Thrawn Revan, Dr, Malak=1 faction for 7*s. Game changing characters.

Ga$. GR, Droids, Clones for ships and AV. G13 and Relics. For 5 measley stars. Not even sure how you even argue this one? Complete and utter fail on their part.
    When Yoda was released, Jedi were garbage. There was not a great selection of Rebels for the first EP event either. OR is a below B-tier GAC team.
    As for GR and Droids, you should have had most of the Separatist faction up to the requirement for TB if nothing else. GR ships are currently meta. LS TB is on the doorstep and it's safe to assume that GR is a faction required for that.

The list of requirements is wide, but unlike in the case of most previous events, there was a good enough reason to upgrade the characters beforehand. If it was GAS that first planted the thought of gearing separatist droids, you've been doing it wrong.
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    Treeburner wrote: »
    Gear traya but not use her shards to lvl the stars ? What a waste man
    He doesn’t play the game anymore so he has no point in promoting her (I’m guessing he stopped when he had her at 5*)
  • JediMindTricks
    1077 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I’ve always said farm shards 1st and gear later.

As a player that has been here since November 2016 I’ve always found that using all shipments currency is better used on shards before gear.

I started doing that when I missed the first ever yoda event. Since then the only event I missed was Skywalker. The skywalker event was way too soon after releasing g13/Relics/& Shaak Ti. The fact that more players missed out on Skywalker than any other event toon is proof of that fact.

Had I been able to finish Shaak Ti 52/100 plus g13 her along with the other 5 separatist characters, I could have also 7*d Anakin Skywalker because I’m currently sitting on 75k worth of guild tokens.

I seen mobile gamers video and he’s right on the money. The road CG has taken is turning a lot of players off and veterans of the game are even walking away.

Hoard everything/farm shards first and use arena crystals to buy gear works best for me.
  • Options
    mikk207 wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    the youtubers are not better than ea/cg.
    it is ok to complain about things beeing wrong, but advertising other mobile games at the same time and overhype them (well, not so much by mg but certainly the others) has a bitter taste.

seems some cash has flown

Cg and youtubers only exist to make money. It's not wrong, but you should always keep that in mind.

sure, but this aggressive advertising undermines their integrity in my opinion

Aggressive advertising? Idk what you're talking about

implementing and overhyping a different game while complaining about another game is aggressive advertising imo, but you can call it differently.
    my main point still stands

It is their channel. They can do whatever they want.

If you dont see the real fact here, I will try to shed some light.

You get mad because they're mad and possibly suggesting players to try a different game.

That would mean less people and less in this game, and that ultimately affects the health of this game.

So while you tell people to not complain, and drive them away by dismissing their grief, you're essentially doing the same thing as you're accusing the youtubers of doing. Driving folks away from swgoh and affecting the lingevity of the game.

More over, if you had watched that video youd'd also understand, the people who make that other game are not run by anyone else. They're their own studio.

And again, the biggest thing is, youtubers can do what they want on their channel. EA/CG terminated the GC program. They have no reason to capitulate to EA/CG. What you see ia unfetted and candid and unfiltered take. And, they have everything to lose by doing so, yet are brave enough to do it. The health of the game relates to the health of their channel and relates to the health of their checkbook.
  • Options
    Players can spend money to get things earlier or wait to get them for free. That’s how these games work. What has increased is the entry requirements and therefore the amount of money or the length of time to wait. Mobile’s anger is really at himself for spending over $700 to unlock Skywalker because he then didn’t have GET to 7* him. He could’ve waited, saved that money and hoarded GET but he wanted to unlock him on the first run. His choice. A bad choice. He realises then descends into the salt mine and lashes out at CG. The baby-faced pillock.
  • Options
    Drazhar wrote: »
    CG, please get Carrie back. All this atrocious display started exactly after she left. Now I'm wondering if you actually sacked her for not being greedy, predatory and scammy enough to work at EA.

“Not scammy enough” :| You scare me.
  • Options
    it is ok to complain about things beeing wrong, but advertising other mobile games at the same time and overhype them (well, not so much by mg but certainly the others) has a bitter taste.

Cg and youtubers only exist to make money. It's not wrong, but you should always keep that in mind.

implementing and overhyping a different game while complaining about another game is aggressive advertising imo, but you can call it differently.

You get mad because they're mad and possibly suggesting players to try a different game.

That would mean less people and less in this game, and that ultimately affects the health of this game.

So while you tell people to not complain, and drive them away by dismissing their grief, you're essentially doing the same thing as you're accusing the youtubers of doing. Driving folks away from swgoh and affecting the lingevity of the game.

More over, if you had watched that video youd'd also understand, the people who make that other game are not run by anyone else. They're their own studio.

And again, the biggest thing is, youtubers can do what they want on their channel. EA/CG terminated the GC program. They have no reason to capitulate to EA/CG. What you see ia unfetted and candid and unfiltered take. And, they have everything to lose by doing so, yet are brave enough to do it. The health of the game relates to the health of their channel and relates to the health of their checkbook.

of course they can do whatever they like in their channel, but I can have my opinion about it.

you should learn to read what I wrote.
    I never said nor think what you assumed.
    If the game dies, it dies. It is as simple as that.
    It is just a mobile game, so nothing to het mad about.

next thing, I never said people should not complain. they can complain as much as they like, I dont care.

but I see it with a bitter taste when they complain and advertise a different game in the same breath.
    they get paid for advertising these games you know.
    at least ahnaldt told openly about his new sponsor.
    this is my take on it, if you see it differently, it is your right to do so, but dont talk **** about what I said or what my intention is !
  • Options
    Stop kvetching. Sound like spoiled brats.
  • Options
    XiXiS wrote: »
    Drazhar wrote: »
    CG, please get Carrie back. All this atrocious display started exactly after she left. Now I'm wondering if you actually sacked her for not being greedy, predatory and scammy enough to work at EA.

“Not scammy enough” :| You scare me.

I actually have to agree with the original poster at least she had the intestinal fortitude to actually talk to the people this new guy is a coward hiding in the dark waiting for all the shouting to silence so he can strike again.
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Did you get General Skywalker? For someone who doesn't have time to play the game, you sure have plenty of time to watch MobileGamer's rants

Well funny thing is that it isn’t just MG complaining anymore. All the former game changers are in unison about the epic confrontation debacle.
    Massive gear, leveling, farming and hoarding required to get half a toon. That’s not ok. Release the toon at 7* and when bugs occur like they did today, they won’t be as big of a deal. It will only be a matter of extra shard shop currency.
    1. Seven star unlock is a different subject altogether compared to what happened today with the Malak event.
    2. Massive gear, leveling and farming has always been a standard in every event in this game. This was true when Chewbacca was released, when Padme was released, when Thrawn was released (gear 8 was big at that time and required a lot of stun guns on phoenix), heroic raid toons etc.

Its like everyone forgot what game they are playing or how it works. It was the #1 advice people gave when Negotiator was released, hoard your currency until you can unlock him incase Malevolence is released midway and is a better ship for example

But you got full 7* toons from those events didn’t you? Chewy, Padme, Palp, Thrawn...all able to be 7* off the bat. None of them required further Forced farming just to get their shards.
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    Did you get General Skywalker? For someone who doesn't have time to play the game, you sure have plenty of time to watch MobileGamer's rants

Well funny thing is that it isn’t just MG complaining anymore. All the former game changers are in unison about the epic confrontation debacle.
    Massive gear, leveling, farming and hoarding required to get half a toon. That’s not ok. Release the toon at 7* and when bugs occur like they did today, they won’t be as big of a deal. It will only be a matter of extra shard shop currency.
    1. Seven star unlock is a different subject altogether compared to what happened today with the Malak event.
    2. Massive gear, leveling and farming has always been a standard in every event in this game. This was true when Chewbacca was released, when Padme was released, when Thrawn was released (gear 8 was big at that time and required a lot of stun guns on phoenix), heroic raid toons etc.

Its like everyone forgot what game they are playing or how it works. It was the #1 advice people gave when Negotiator was released, hoard your currency until you can unlock him incase Malevolence is released midway and is a better ship for example

But you got full 7* toons from those events didn’t you? Chewy, Padme, Palp, Thrawn...all able to be 7* off the bat. None of them required further Forced farming just to get their shards.
    As far as a 5* Epic Confrontation goes, I don't like it but it is what it is. I play this game just like everyone else, I'm unlocking them just like everyone else, and I have to wait 5 months to 7* them just like everyone else. I think its dumb

I do agree that it would be better if Epic Confrontation toons were 7 star unlocks (I have my own reasons that don't involve gear investments) as far as how demanding and resource heavy the events are: I think its fair that things are scaled at g13, relics, because that's how events, and new content are always tuned and it makes sense for it to be very difficult so that players have something to chase after rather than SIM and get bored of. This includes events that rewards 5* toons, 6* toons, or whatever rarity CG decides
  • Options
    Carrie wasn't bad at all. The one thing she got hammered over was her telling the truth. To paraphrase:
    Q: Do you expect that people will spend $4000 on this game?

A: Well, yes. People have done that in the past, so we expect that people will do that in the future.

She also went on to say that they don't want anyone to spend at a level that is uncomfortable for them. A bunch of people got bent out of shape because she said the equivalent of "We do expect that the sun will rise tomorrow," but they twisted her words to be something like, "We demand people get out their own chariots and drag the sun across the sky!"

She never said that you have to spend that much money, or that anyone has to spend that much money. Someone asked her if she expects that people would do that and, surprise! She spoke the truth according to the data.

I always thought that explosion was the weirdest thing ever. Her meaning was plain as day, but people insisted she meant something completely different.

And DOUBLE SECRET SURPRISE: She was right! people have admitted on these forums to spending hundreds on GA$. It is what it is. People spend money on this game. CG knows that, and they count on that. That's how they can afford to invest money to pay the salaries of the coders who got the game off the ground in the first place. Of course they expected people would spend money. If they didn't expect that, the game would never have existed in the first place.

But people decided to destroy her for saying only what was completely obvious, and now we as a community are surprised that no one at CG wants to wade into the shark pit and actually communicate with us.

(And don't get me wrong, they get paid a salary, so they should communicate with us even if we are a shark pit. But we sure as heck don't make it easy when we pillory people for stating verifiable facts.)
  • Options
    Eh. My solution is easier—just stop caring. This game is a ton of fun for me. I don’t buy the newest characters, though I spend a little a year on the basis that I feel you should, if you have to ability to, support the things you enjoy monetarily. Maybe $40 a year, all totaled up.

I finish around 160 in arena and win about as many TWs as I lose. I can unlock Legendaries and will usually get the 7th star on the second time around. I still don’t have Malak and will probably get General Anakin next time around.

Just stop caring. The game is fun, don’t let it stress you out. Just play and work towards something at all times.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options

As far as a 5* Epic Confrontation goes, I don't like it but it is what it is. I play this game just like everyone else, I'm unlocking them just like everyone else, and I have to wait 5 months to 7* them just like everyone else. I think its dumb

I do agree that it would be better if Epic Confrontation toons were 7 star unlocks (I have my own reasons that don't involve gear investments) as far as how demanding and resource heavy the events are: I think its fair that things are scaled at g13, relics, because that's how events, and new content are always tuned and it makes sense for it to be very difficult so that players have something to chase after rather than SIM and get bored of. This includes events that rewards 5* toons, 6* toons, or whatever rarity CG decides

So we agree on that at least. Although the required characters and gear for a 5* unlock and then a other 5 month grind for that characters shards is blegh...make the grind and gearing worth it for a 7* toon as we agree it should be.

I’m hoping they learn from all this now though and fix things to keep this game strong. I don’t want to sound so cliche but it seems that all these recent screwups on their end are pushing more and more people away.
  • Options

of course they can do whatever they like in their channel, but I can have my opinion about it.

next thing, I never said people should not complain. they can complain as much as they like, I dont care.

but I see it with a bitter taste when they complain and advertise a different game in the same breath.
    this is my take on it, if you see it differently, it is your right to do so, but dont talk **** about what I said or what my intention is !

Yeha whatever. You're wrong. I don't care what plea you make. Stuff it.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Yes, I agreed 100% with Mobilegamer's video, and then the more recent one where he is very angry for this Malak shards debacle.

McMole, and DarthMicrotransaction also quit around the time of the release of relics.

They all had similar criticisms for why they quit or are angry with the state of the game in their videos. I have had a few people in my arena shards and guild quit in recent weeks as well with similiar sentiments, and I am teetering over quitting,

The game is just a cash cow with little to no regard for what the community wants, and the grind has gotten worse, instead of better like the Devs try to claim in their Q&As and state of the game posts. Yes, things like carbantis have become more available, but then they added gear 13, relics, and Kyrotech, which when you do the total net amount of everything the grind has been steadily getting worse, and not better like they argue.

It is ridiculous that people worked hard or spent hard for General Anakin and will be stuck at 5* for months as people get the shards for him with tokens that are needed for gear. Geonosis also rewards less of the original tokens than the equivalent with Hoth so that makes it even worse than Malak. At least Malak was useful at 5*, and Anakin isn't much. Malak had the luxury of gear 11 still being competitive, while with relics gear 11 just does not cut it anymore.

I feel like I wasted 4 zetas, and a lot of effort to get a useless character. Can't use him in TB when it will be released, can't use him in raids, can't use him in arena, and he is just going to be a back up team in GAC... As has been explained so eloquently by mobilegamer this game rewards hoarders, and punishers those spending their in-game resources.

The state of the game feels like the community is in an abusive relationship with lots of hollow promises from the devs, lots of new features we are supposed to look forward to that just come out in the very distant future, doing nice things once in a while so they can argue that they do stuff for us while they are really making things more frustrating from all the 'negative' stuff. It is like being gaslighted.

• Options
    Blackula wrote: »
    Piewalker wrote: »
    Players can spend money to get things earlier or wait to get them for free. That’s how these games work. What has increased is the entry requirements and therefore the amount of money or the length of time to wait. Mobile’s anger is really at himself for spending over $700 to unlock Skywalker because he then didn’t have GET to 7* him. He could’ve waited, saved that money and hoarded GET but he wanted to unlock him on the first run. His choice. A bad choice. He realises then descends into the salt mine and lashes out at CG. The baby-faced pillock.

Swing and a miss

Oh really?! Shoot, I thought I was spot on. 🤔
  • Options

Yeha whatever. You're wrong. I don't care what plea you make. Stuff it.

now thats an argument. congrats
  • Options
    Mol9961 wrote: »
    MobileGamer cries and rants about everything. Heck he'd probably find a reason to whine if CG just let everyone keep what they got.

Dude. At least state facts. Mobile gamer hardly ever complains. Clearly you didn’t watch this video. Mobile gamer is spot on

I watched the video, I do agree that the game has basically become an episode of hoarders. But MG has a habit of whining about every **** thing. He complains way too much in most of his videos. That's probably just my opinion of him though. Seems to me you need to brush up on his videos because most of them has him complaining about something

Did it ever occur to you that the complaints were present b/c they are valid?

Complaints are valid yes, my point is that it seems ALL he does is complain as if there aren't any good things about this game at all. If there weren't any good qualities about this game, none of us would really be here. Hes just negative about everything it seems and it is annoying.
  • Options
    Mobile is a good guy - he can have his opinion. If he is ready to move on from the game - that’s fine. A certain percentage of the player community will move on after time, he’s allowed- and it’s more common when something changes within a game of course because the players have to adjust how they play and what they farm. That doesn’t change the way I feel about the game. I didn’t agree with all of his points of view. He was dissapinted that G11 characters weren’t useful anymore ... I don’t see that as any different from my g8s not being great when g11 rolled around. Fortunately in this game we are usually matched up with players of similar strength (not opening up a matchmaking debate here!) so my g11s still work against their g11s.
    Mobile and Cubs maybe are having a hard time making fun videos at the moment? That is disappointing for their side business of course, and fun vids are good for Cg and the game, but it isn’t the devs number one priority. The Malak debacle isn’t certainly unfortunate for everyone ... but I am pretty pleased with last weeks fix to stabilize the game. I haven’t crashed once since - and I was going down 10 times a day previous to it.
    Looking forward to the next few months-
  • Options
    Complaints are valid yes, my point is that it seems ALL he does is complain as if there aren't any good things about this game at all. If there weren't any good qualities about this game, none of us would really be here. Hes just negative about everything it seems and it is annoying.

In the Mobilegamer video right at the start he literally states how he loves the game, it is the best game he has played over the last four years and he notes how people don't like to hear constant complaints. He does this right at the opening.

Afterwards he decided the handling of this event is so messed up that it deserves to be pointed out. He loves the game, he enjoys playing but he hates the direction the game is headed.
  • Options
    ZAP wrote: »
    Mol9961 wrote: »
    MobileGamer cries and rants about everything. Heck he'd probably find a reason to whine if CG just let everyone keep what they got.

Dude. At least state facts. Mobile gamer hardly ever complains. Clearly you didn’t watch this video. Mobile gamer is spot on

I watched the video, I do agree that the game has basically become an episode of hoarders. But MG has a habit of whining about every **** thing. He complains way too much in most of his videos. That's probably just my opinion of him though. Seems to me you need to brush up on his videos because most of them has him complaining about something

Did it ever occur to you that the complaints were present b/c they are valid?

I haven’t watched his videos in awhile, but it seemed to me he used to be pretty positive and excited about the game. Perhaps he’s gotten more negative over the last few months just like a lot of people have and a lot of that is valid?

Could be, but even with all the crummy things that have happened in recent months this is still one of the best mobile games to date and deserves some praise once in a while. This recent mishap is definitely a big one but nothing that wont be forgotten about in about a week or so. I used to like MobileGamers videos and he has always had issues with SWGOH and MSF but lately it seems he just whines more and it just grates at me a bit. Could just be my opinion about him though, I'm sure other people like his vids. Could also just be one of those things where some things one person more than it does others.