MobileGamer tells the truth

Prev1345
Edward
651 posts Member
edited October 2019
https://youtu.be/HvimyTnd3Tk
“This game is now Galaxy of Hoarders! The only people that are going to benefit from the events are hoarders”. He was very frustrated because he only just realised this simple fact that I have known for quite some time. Hoarding has been proven to be the best strategy for these new epic events (legendary events too). As long as I have the characters at or close to 7*, I will be able to complete the event and get the new Epic characters for free. This strategy works wonders for players like me with a very large character base.

You all have seen my gear stash, now I will show you my crystals stash, collected from daily activities and arena. Only 29k, not much, but enough for any panic farming which I have decided not to do at all. One day, they pull the power to the sever, I simply delete this game. I don’t play a game to get upset and I believe people who spend $ playing a game certainly shouldn’t.
XtllckJ.jpg
5AbgulT.jpg
Post edited by Edward on

Replies

• Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    Did you get General Skywalker? For someone who doesn't have time to play the game, you sure have plenty of time to watch MobileGamer's rants
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Did you get General Skywalker? For someone who doesn't have time to play the game, you sure have plenty of time to watch MobileGamer's rants

Level 1 Padme and level 2 3po provide that answer
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    629/85? That's some weak hoarding right there. I'm over 1004/85 on IG-86 now. Step up your game, man.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Iy4oy4s
    2938 posts Member
    Options
    Iyaoyas wrote: »

Whoops posted that from the wrong account...I even hoard accounts!
  • mrebey27
    17 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Le Dooush?
  • CandymanJML2
    528 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    MobileGamer cries and rants about everything. Heck he'd probably find a reason to whine if CG just let everyone keep what they got.
  • Options

Well funny thing is that it isn’t just MG complaining anymore. All the former game changers are in unison about the epic confrontation debacle.
    Massive gear, leveling, farming and hoarding required to get half a toon. That’s not ok. Release the toon at 7* and when bugs occur like they did today, they won’t be as big of a deal. It will only be a matter of extra shard shop currency.
  • Options
    MobileGamer cries and rants about everything. Heck he'd probably find a reason to whine if CG just let everyone keep what they got.

Dude. At least state facts. Mobile gamer hardly ever complains. Clearly you didn’t watch this video. Mobile gamer is spot on
  • Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Iyaoyas wrote: »

Whoops posted that from the wrong account...I even hoard accounts!

Same
  • Options
    Everyone should join together and request refunds. Let's hit CG the only place they care about.
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

Well funny thing is that it isn’t just MG complaining anymore. All the former game changers are in unison about the epic confrontation debacle.
    Massive gear, leveling, farming and hoarding required to get half a toon. That’s not ok. Release the toon at 7* and when bugs occur like they did today, they won’t be as big of a deal. It will only be a matter of extra shard shop currency.
    1. Seven star unlock is a different subject altogether compared to what happened today with the Malak event.
    2. Massive gear, leveling and farming has always been a standard in every event in this game. This was true when Chewbacca was released, when Padme was released, when Thrawn was released (gear 8 was big at that time and required a lot of stun guns on phoenix), heroic raid toons etc.

Its like everyone forgot what game they are playing or how it works. It was the #1 advice people gave when Negotiator was released, hoard your currency until you can unlock him incase Malevolence is released midway and is a better ship for example
  • Options
    Mol9961 wrote: »

Dude. At least state facts. Mobile gamer hardly ever complains. Clearly you didn’t watch this video. Mobile gamer is spot on

I watched the video, I do agree that the game has basically become an episode of hoarders. But MG has a habit of whining about every **** thing. He complains way too much in most of his videos. That's probably just my opinion of him though. Seems to me you need to brush up on his videos because most of them has him complaining about something
  • Options
    Hoarders are not the issue. It's big fat Kraken like MobileGamer that is.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    I had been hoping for an edward post for a long time, but now I'm kinda disappointed.
  • Options
    the youtubers are not better than ea/cg.
    it is ok to complain about things beeing wrong, but advertising other mobile games at the same time and overhype them (well, not so much by mg but certainly the others) has a bitter taste.

seems some cash has flown
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    mikk207 wrote: »
    it is ok to complain about things beeing wrong, but advertising other mobile games at the same time and overhype them (well, not so much by mg but certainly the others) has a bitter taste.

Cg and youtubers only exist to make money. It's not wrong, but you should always keep that in mind.
  • Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »

Cg and youtubers only exist to make money. It's not wrong, but you should always keep that in mind.

sure, but this aggressive advertising undermines their integrity in my opinion
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

Aggressive advertising? Idk what you're talking about
  • Options

implementing and overhyping a different game while complaining about another game is aggressive advertising imo, but you can call it differently.
    my main point still stands
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

implementing and overhyping a different game while complaining about another game is aggressive advertising imo, but you can call it differently.

What's the other game?
  • AKsithlord
    38 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Dragon Champions
    @CCyrilS
  • Options

What's the other game?

watch the latest from cubs, ahnaldt and the quitting from mcmole.
    dragon something and another mobile game, cant remember the name
  • JZ95
    167 posts Member
    Options
    Mobile gamer is right about everything. The game hard rewards hoarders, that's not how the game was supposed to be played
  • Options
    Lots of people seem to be looking for new games and new ways to make money because simply this games isnt as fun anymore. No new content and constant resetting of the same bottlenext gear paywalls drives people away who knew?
  • Options
    In a f2p you pay to win time.
    I see now that in this game making 100€ ( more than a day of work for a lot of people) don't help me to win a lot of time.
    If I make 100€ in this game i will only up my gk an padme for gear 8 to 11... So it's not big gain of time... It's not a f2p ...
  • Options
    I feel kind of let down by this episode of douchecanoeism brought to us all by @Edward

Weak attempt at superiority. Try harder next time please.
  • Options
    Gear traya but not use her shards to lvl the stars ? What a waste man
  • Options
    oh MobileGamer and many other that poorly mods other teams when they fight look like they have new counter zzz
  • MadScientist92
    82 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    What happens when that "other game" gets greedy? Seems swgoh is following the same model other "F2P" games follow.

I also don't know why people put so much value into those who get early access to stuff (did you have to whale out to be in that program? Never was clear to me), promote the game like crazy, then leave when it gets a little rocky.

It's really quite simple. Play as long as you have fun. Then leave when it isn't fun. If that's now, hope you find something enjoyable