I finally read the compensation plan. Why are people upset?

Replies

• Options
    I'm **** because I dont have malak I dont get free 2000 shard shop points.

Because of a bug everyone who already has a leg up on everyone else in the game gets 2k shard shop while the rest of the playerbase already behind gets jack.

That ain't right.
  • Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    people are upset about one event so they flipped out over another? um, ok

You're either just a troll.. Or completely oblivious. My bets are on troll.

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options

Because of a bug everyone who already has a leg up on everyone else in the game gets 2k shard shop while the rest of the playerbase already behind gets jack.

That ain't right.

agree.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options

That ain't right.

agree.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    there was clearly a glitch/bug problem which allowed people to totally jump the GET1 line, CG is rolling malak's back to the state they were, everyone who spent stuff on him is getting their stuff back, and everyone else is getting bonus shard currency, depending on if they re-did the event ls and/or ds.

This is what all the "woe is me" posts are about? what is happening??? the only possible issue is people who spent money to gear him after getting free shards they didn't earn the right way. Worst case scenario they are getting the gear back, and they can always get a refund from apple store if need be (idk anything about android).

tl;dr: so sorry you couldn't cheap your way into free malak shards, crybabies.

Maybe if you listened to the hundreds, perhaps thousands of players voice their frustrations then you would actually understand... but since you haven’t really listened to probably thousands of upset players then it makes sense that you wouldn’t understand.

By the way with this “glitch”. CG was supposedly notified by several players about the glitch before the event... telling them that it would give out shards. CG supposedly stonewalled like they always do and didn’t listen and well... dumpster fire.

@JediKnight_MarkRyan this is not true, would you care to divulge your source for this?

I’ll just say an old game changer said it on Saturday. Basically, CG has all these legendary & heroic events and a game changer asked them years ago “why can’t we just replay these old events for fun? The community would love that” The devs said it would reward more shards (which is a bad thing and makes sense to me).

So CG ended up making new tiers & “Mythic” tiers and such. Well... CG gave up on making new tiers (or basically making new content for old events in my opinion) and perhaps forgot that the event would reward more shards 🤷‍♂️ Since again, they have given up on making new content/tiers. They had just the event showing. And again this is supposedly/allegedly (like I said in my previous post).

Which means I can not confirm or deny whether it is true... but it does make sense to me. And if CG would like to say that nobody in any of their chats or that no one contacted them about the concern that would be great but I suspect they won’t because someone somewhere (speculation) probably did and according to an old game changer definitely did. Which again... I cannot confirm or deny. So at the end of the day it is speculation.
  • Options

That ain't right.

agree.

Dang

That ain't right.

agree.

Dang my mans double agreed.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    I really really agree lol
  • Options
    I really really agree lol

Dang a quadruple agree ur really invested in this topic.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    there was clearly a glitch/bug problem which allowed people to totally jump the GET1 line, CG is rolling malak's back to the state they were, everyone who spent stuff on him is getting their stuff back, and everyone else is getting bonus shard currency, depending on if they re-did the event ls and/or ds.

This is what all the "woe is me" posts are about? what is happening??? the only possible issue is people who spent money to gear him after getting free shards they didn't earn the right way. Worst case scenario they are getting the gear back, and they can always get a refund from apple store if need be (idk anything about android).

Maybe if you listened to the hundreds, perhaps thousands of players voice their frustrations then you would actually understand... but since you haven’t really listened to probably thousands of upset players then it makes sense that you wouldn’t understand.

By the way with this “glitch”. CG was supposedly notified by several players about the glitch before the event... telling them that it would give out shards. CG supposedly stonewalled like they always do and didn’t listen and well... dumpster fire.

@JediKnight_MarkRyan this is not true, would you care to divulge your source for this?

I’ll just say an old game changer said it on Saturday. Basically, CG has all these legendary & heroic events and a game changer asked them years ago “why can’t we just replay these old events for fun? The community would love that” The devs said it would reward more shards (which is a bad thing and makes sense to me).

So CG ended up making new tiers & “Mythic” tiers and such. Well... CG gave up on making new tiers (or basically making new content for old events in my opinion) and perhaps forgot that the event would reward more shards 🤷‍♂️ Since again, they have given up on making new content/tiers. They had just the event showing. And again this is supposedly/allegedly (like I said in my previous post).

Which means I can not confirm or deny whether it is true... but it does make sense to me. And if CG would like to say that nobody in any of their chats or that no one contacted them about the concern that would be great but I suspect they won’t because someone somewhere (speculation) probably did and according to an old game changer definitely did. Which again... I cannot confirm or deny. So at the end of the day it is speculation.

Except they managed to let people replay it on the second run without rewarding extra shards and it worked just fine.
  • Options
    Liath wrote: »

Except they managed to let people replay it on the second run without rewarding extra shards and it worked just fine.

They’d have to put some work in and change some kind of coding. Course playing through those Epic events again would be a great thing.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options

They’d have to put some work in and change some kind of coding. Course playing through those Epic events again would be a great thing.

sounds awful. I can't think of one of these events that was fun, off the top of my head. but I'm fine with replays if people want them
  • Options

sounds awful. I can't think of one of these events that was fun, off the top of my head. but I'm fine with replays if people want them

Malak is fun

Unless u dislike having to be challenged
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

Perhaps you didn't understand what I said. This already happened, 2 months ago or whenever it was that the second appearance of Malak occurred. They shouldn't need to put in any work or change any coding since it already happened. And the notion that letting people play the event automatically resulted in them getting extra shards is clearly incorrect since people who got Malak the first time were able to replay the event the second time and did NOT get any additional shards. This issue only cropped up on the THIRD appearance of the event.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Since this event has been run before, this makes no sense.

Also. This is not what you said, you said they knew this was going to happen this round and nothing here proves that.

Knowing that an event run without being coded not to give rewards, would give rewards, is not proof of anything, since they have since coded events to do exactly that.
  • Options
    Gama_Fox wrote: »
    I think at the end of the day people are just extremely upset/outraged over the whole format of the epic confrontation events. Massive amount of resources and time are required along with RNG to complete this event and at the end of the day all you get is a 5* character. The "reward" doesn't really match the requirements, though if you want to stay competitive you have to push for this regardless.

um, this thread isn't about GAS
    Shaddes wrote: »
    Mobile gamer spent 750 dollars on something billed as a meta breaking character. However it’s not yet, it’s pure garbage against relics. So unless you hoarded you wont get what you paid for for over 5 months!!! ****!!!! On top of all that there is another 100-200$ gearing pay wall on top of that 750 he spent for gear... for over 1000$ he got NOTHING USABLE outside f-ing Galactic war. CG needs to address this ASAP otherwise people who spent that money should look into the legal aspects of CGs business practices

loooooool if he spent a g on a char we know needed GET1. legal aspects? I think people threatening to sue for fraud etc might be the funniest thing about this event. I'm not trying to be mean, people just have no clue what fraud is legally and don't know what they can sue about.
    Shaddes wrote: »
    Can’t even use GAS for the upcoming LIGHT SIDE GALACIC REPUBLIC TB Seriously ....??? Let me guess they’re also going to require GAS in platoons? Gonna be another total joke can’t wait for that

still not about GAS
    Llanwyllin wrote: »
    What are they complaining about. Loads of people paid money or crystals for the event now CG just says we take everything back but you won’t get your money or your crystals so **** you all dear customers

um, they said you will get all gear and crystals back. did people even read the comp post?
    balldman wrote: »
    Ok sorry if I’m being a bit slow. I unlocked Malak this time round. I didn’t exploit the “glitch” so didn’t get extra shards. Am I still gonna have Malak taken of me. It would really suck if I do.

P.S a simple yes or no will do here.........

if you unlocked him you should be fine. this was just for people who got extra free shards (per the comp post)
    Mirkraag wrote: »

I am personnally upset because CG transformed a bug that helped the one that are late to catch up a little bit with whales into a reward for whales and the other can go ****** themselves.

(I dont care for me, i am 10 shards for 7* malak)

I am just tired of the "all for the whales only" politics

whales?
    stephrad wrote: »
    Well dude, when you don't have a game to play because players are leaving, then I hope you don't wonder why the game ended. Enjoy being a whale and a hoarder. The kak'est strategy I've experienced. Who hoards GET store currency for months and months before they announce an event and the character being available in the store. I will have to wait 3 more months before I get a 7* Malak again. Yes, 3 months which I'm not willing to wait and leaving the game the moment I get my refund for all my spend I've made on this game in October. Now that is fair, if they're taking back, I'm taking back.

whale? hoarder? again, you seem to be talking about GAS. I didn't get him and don't have the GET1 to level him anyway, so I'm preparing for next time. Not sure what you think you deserve a refund for, but w/e
    Mirkraag wrote: »

I am personnally upset because CG transformed a bug that helped the one that are late to catch up a little bit with whales into a reward for whales and the other can go ****** themselves.

(I dont care for me, i am 10 shards for 7* malak)

I am just tired of the "all for the whales only" politics
    You don't make a valid point though the moment you assume that only whales unlocked Malak the first time.

Well to his credit only 882 people globally unlocked him for free, so malaak is actually whale only

that means absolutely ftp players. so if someone spent $5 3 years ago they don't count for that number. many more didn't spend to get malak the first, and second time (this is the 3rd iirc(?)). everyone had plenty of time to prepare for malak

Here’s a reason: I am (and was) 95/100 on malak. Therefore, i don’t have a 7* malak and so do not qualify for their bizarre compensation shard giveaway to everyone with 7* Malaks. I also specifically avoided exploiting a known bug, believing I was doing the right thing. The result of that is that I also don’t get all the shard currency I could have gotten that way, since they obviously aren’t rolling back shards earned by those who exploited. So in other words, I get F’d because I chose to do the right thing and not exploit, while others in my highly competitive arena and fleet shards got a massive amount of shard currency to spend on high end gear.

TL;DR - their compensation plan screws over people who did the right thing while rewarding those who didn’t.

see, we finally found someone with a valid gripe! I think people who didn't exploit but don't have a 7* malak should get the same shard currency.

They are literally giving a prize for players with 7* Malaks who exploited the bug and exchanged their extra Malaks shards in the Shard Shop for currency.

Go figure.
  • Options

Since this event has been run before, this makes no sense.

Also. This is not what you said, you said they knew this was going to happen this round and nothing here proves that.

Knowing that an event run without being coded not to give rewards, would give rewards, is not proof of anything, since they have since coded events to do exactly that.

Dude, Kyno, I used words like allegedly, supposedly, speculation, etc to show uncertainty... not betting my house on it by any means but I heard what I heard. So calm down. If I made it as a bold assertion accusing CG of purposefully ignoring the community... which they would never do 😉... and was selling it as Gospel truth... then get upset. But it’s hearsay. Go listen to it on Saturday’s Jedi academy.
  • Options
    Epic confrontations unlocking a 5* character is not epic at all. It's a massive let down, unless you're a hoarder.
  • Options

Warrior on the Saturday RSG program mentioned the devs knew before hand.
  • Options

Warrior on the Saturday RSG program mentioned the devs knew before hand.

I dunno that I’d say know per se... but he said that people had contacted them about it 🤷‍♂️... did they really listen or look at it? Who knows. 🤷‍♂️ Sounds legit but again who knows.
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/n5yZppm605U

32:00 minutes in - keep in mind it was regular events vs mythic events. So this was years in the making.
  • Options
    Imo people are just overreacting. I agree that it doesn't really make sense to reward players that already have a 7* Malak with shard shop currency and don't reward the others. But at the end of the day, it's just a small amount of shard shop currency, so who cares? It's nothing game breaking. That's like complaining about not getting your 3 Chewie shards, while everyone else got theirs. It's way too insignificant to make a fuss about it.
  • BobcatSkywalker
    2194 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options

Here is one post discussing how the event is appearing as replayable for shards on 10/13.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/215788/question-last-time-malak-came-around

There were others I remember seeing but 10/13 posts are hard to find now that they are buried.

@Kyno people definitely discussed the event showing up again and shards being listed as a reward. Whether this issue was reported to someone important at CG with a big urgent your about to drop the ball warning. I doubt it since your unaware this was even discussed and your probally more connected to player feedback than any of them.

Regardless this failure to do any sort of QA testing on a multimillion dollar game is quite frankly embarrassing for them as a company. Even the most simple testing would have showed this error.

Cg claims to do 10,000 of hours testing but it's obvious to players that's just a lie when events are this poorly released with clearly absolutely 0 testing.

This failure by the devs to have any sort of quality control is bad enough, But on top of that when people bring up hey it says shards are a reward and I already got him 7 star and no one pays attention.... that is worse than bad.

Honestly this game should be taken away from whoever is running it. These kinds of mistakes (obvious errors with 0 testing going live) just show that no one cares at all about player experience.
  • Options
    Vindicated 🎊🎉🎈 🥳
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    you realize that thread said you couldn't get shards and could replay it for fun right?
  • Options
    you realize that thread said you couldn't get shards and could replay it for fun right?

It’s pretty simple. Before the event went live you could click on the event “rewards” and it showed a Malak shards... whether you had beat it or not... so people contacted them over it. That thread dismissed it since it was done previously without rewarded extra shards.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    idk about any of that, just saying that thread doesn't say anything like that or what was said above. nbd
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    idk about any of that, just saying that thread doesn't say anything like that or what was said above. nbd

This.

That thread is stating he sees the event, not the rewards, the post is actually asking if they get rewards......

• Options

This.

That thread is stating he sees the event, not the rewards, the post is actually asking if they get rewards......

Fair, but Warrior asserts that people did contact CG. I find it believable that one or two out of a million+ Players contacted them one way or another. I’m not mad at CG over it or blaming them in any way over it and I hope it doesn’t come across that way. The devs have a million other things on their mind and I respect them (hopefully thinking about new content). I’m just pointing out things that supposedly happened according to Warrior.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options

This.

Fair, but Warrior asserts that people did contact CG. I find it believable that one or two out of a million+ Players contacted them one way or another. I’m not mad at CG over it or blaming them in any way over it and I hope it doesn’t come across that way. The devs have a million other things on their mind and I respect them (hopefully thinking about new content). I’m just pointing out things that supposedly happened according to Warrior.
    Warrior's explanation and story doesn't make sense

He says you can't rerun the same event without giving away shards and they contacted CG about this... this event DID run a second time and it didn't reward shards to those who completed previously. So why didn't Warrior contact CG the second time? Why didn't it reward shards the second time?
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »

This.

Warrior's explanation and story doesn't make sense

He says you can't rerun the same event without giving away shards and they contacted CG about this... this event DID run a second time and it didn't reward shards to those who completed previously. So why didn't Warrior contact CG the second time? Why didn't it reward shards the second time?

I was thinking the same thing. Under rewards did shards appear either time? They did for me but I haven’t done the event and zero desire to either.

They must have figured out a way to allow others to replay an event without having to make any new content... they’ve had years to do it... they told warrior that “Face to Face” so I’m assuming he knows what he’s talking about.