I finally read the compensation plan. Why are people upset?

124Next

Replies

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    groovdog wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    there was clearly a glitch/bug problem which allowed people to totally jump the GET1 line, CG is rolling malak's back to the state they were, everyone who spent stuff on him is getting their stuff back, and everyone else is getting bonus shard currency, depending on if they re-did the event ls and/or ds.

This is what all the "woe is me" posts are about? what is happening??? the only possible issue is people who spent money to gear him after getting free shards they didn't earn the right way. Worst case scenario they are getting the gear back, and they can always get a refund from apple store if need be (idk anything about android).

tl;dr: so sorry you couldn't cheap your way into free malak shards, crybabies.

Maybe if you listened to the hundreds, perhaps thousands of players voice their frustrations then you would actually understand... but since you haven’t really listened to probably thousands of upset players then it makes sense that you wouldn’t understand.

By the way with this “glitch”. CG was supposedly notified by several players about the glitch before the event... telling them that it would give out shards. CG supposedly stonewalled like they always do and didn’t listen and well... dumpster fire.

@JediKnight_MarkRyan this is not true, would you care to divulge your source for this?

I’ll just say an old game changer said it on Saturday. Basically, CG has all these legendary & heroic events and a game changer asked them years ago “why can’t we just replay these old events for fun? The community would love that” The devs said it would reward more shards (which is a bad thing and makes sense to me).

So CG ended up making new tiers & “Mythic” tiers and such. Well... CG gave up on making new tiers (or basically making new content for old events in my opinion) and perhaps forgot that the event would reward more shards 🤷‍♂️ Since again, they have given up on making new content/tiers. They had just the event showing. And again this is supposedly/allegedly (like I said in my previous post).

Which means I can not confirm or deny whether it is true... but it does make sense to me. And if CG would like to say that nobody in any of their chats or that no one contacted them about the concern that would be great but I suspect they won’t because someone somewhere (speculation) probably did and according to an old game changer definitely did. Which again... I cannot confirm or deny. So at the end of the day it is speculation.

If you have completed the event it doesnt show up any more. So why did it show? And if what you are saying is true then 1st time Malak winners should have seen this on 2nd run through but there were no complaints.

So not known issue but rather epic incompetence.

this event did show up before, you couldn't get shards for completing it again tho
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    there was clearly a glitch/bug problem which allowed people to totally jump the GET1 line, CG is rolling malak's back to the state they were, everyone who spent stuff on him is getting their stuff back, and everyone else is getting bonus shard currency, depending on if they re-did the event ls and/or ds.

This is what all the "woe is me" posts are about? what is happening??? the only possible issue is people who spent money to gear him after getting free shards they didn't earn the right way. Worst case scenario they are getting the gear back, and they can always get a refund from apple store if need be (idk anything about android).

Maybe if you listened to the hundreds, perhaps thousands of players voice their frustrations then you would actually understand... but since you haven’t really listened to probably thousands of upset players then it makes sense that you wouldn’t understand.

By the way with this “glitch”. CG was supposedly notified by several players about the glitch before the event... telling them that it would give out shards. CG supposedly stonewalled like they always do and didn’t listen and well... dumpster fire.

@JediKnight_MarkRyan this is not true, would you care to divulge your source for this?

I’ll just say an old game changer said it on Saturday. Basically, CG has all these legendary & heroic events and a game changer asked them years ago “why can’t we just replay these old events for fun? The community would love that” The devs said it would reward more shards (which is a bad thing and makes sense to me).

So CG ended up making new tiers & “Mythic” tiers and such. Well... CG gave up on making new tiers (or basically making new content for old events in my opinion) and perhaps forgot that the event would reward more shards 🤷‍♂️ Since again, they have given up on making new content/tiers. They had just the event showing. And again this is supposedly/allegedly (like I said in my previous post).

Which means I can not confirm or deny whether it is true... but it does make sense to me. And if CG would like to say that nobody in any of their chats or that no one contacted them about the concern that would be great but I suspect they won’t because someone somewhere (speculation) probably did and according to an old game changer definitely did. Which again... I cannot confirm or deny. So at the end of the day it is speculation.

If you have completed the event it doesnt show up any more. So why did it show? And if what you are saying is true then 1st time Malak winners should have seen this on 2nd run through but there were no complaints.

this event did show up before, you couldn't get shards for completing it again tho

I think that was his point.
  • CapnJack81
    100 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    My thoughts... they knew what they were doing and it was done for either one, or many, whale who was complaining about not having his 7* Malak after spending a small fortune. The rest is just a cover. They dropped the shards, let the whales finish their golden Malak and the rest is PR since it backfired. We weren't "all" supposed to be able haha 😉
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    CapnJack81 wrote: »
    let the whales finish their golden Malak

Malak has been out way too long to be a whale toon at this point.

And you can't buy GEC anyway.

So in summation....what?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Boo wrote: »

I think that was his point.

if his point was that it showed up last time and was wai, then this time an error made it so peope gould get shards, then ok. tbh I'm not sure what he meant

TVF wrote: »

So in summation....what?

this
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    On the lighter side of news, I just had Panda Express for lunch and I am super stoked for the NBA season to kick off tomorrow.
  • Options
    Jeric wrote: »

Since this event has been run before, this makes no sense.

Also. This is not what you said, you said they knew this was going to happen this round and nothing here proves that.

Knowing that an event run without being coded not to give rewards, would give rewards, is not proof of anything, since they have since coded events to do exactly that.

Regression testing is a thing Kyno. This is a basic scenario to apply to testing the schema. Every time you introduce a change you need to apply regression testing, as well as user acceptance testing. While testing can not detect the absence of a bug, this is basically testing something as trivial as a recursive implementation. If they didn’t set up a test for this, then it’s a glaring issue with their software development lifecycle implementation.

I agree that they likely didn’t deploy an update knowing that ineligible users would be able to participate. This is mostly a competency issue or a testing issue.

I personally couldn’t care less about the recent bugs. For the last few years the development team and those that communicate don’t appear to be able to meet deadlines with accuracy that the users can count on. They don’t have a great track record for catching these problems. There are other experiences out that are more predictable and stable than SWGoH. It just seems that CG can’t seem to meet expectations with a portion of their players. That’s a problem.

This ^^^^

This is a competency issue, a testing issue. A glaring issue with their software development implementation.

It's now known when they add new content there is 0 regression testing (likely no testing of any kind) to see what they broke while adding the new content.

No wonder everything is constantly bugged and broken.

At this point I think the best PR move would be to just add Beta to the game description and just be honest with the players. Stop accepting cash u till your game is fixed.

Truth is...
    ‐ that nothing is tested,
    - anything purchased can be reverted,
    - gameplay is expected to crash or freeze often in TW, GAC, TB, Arenas.
    - Cheaters exist and they are not really regulated.
    - We are on GAC number 4 or 5 but still getting the practice "exhibition" rewards.

- overall this game is in a state of neglect and some bugs have been open for 6 months or a year with no progress made.

Open honest communication could go a long way with the player bass. At this point saying they test new content is a slap in the face to all players.

Bugs are buried and ignored, cheaters are left to keep playing, it's seems like recently devs are just full damage control 100% of the time lying and misleading players with statements like exhibition rewards will be reworked when official GAC starts, cheaters will be dealt with, and they spend thousands of hours on testing, all of which appear to be lies to deflect rather than address the issues.

• CapnJack81
    100 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

So in summation....what?

It doesn't matter really lol. I was just saying maybe it was a way of giving out 7* Malak to people who had played for unlocking but hadn't gotten him 7 yet
  • Options
    My thoughts... they knew what they were doing and it was done for either one, or many, whale who was complaining about not having his 7* Malak after spending a small fortune. The rest is just a cover. They dropped the shards, let the whales finish their golden Malak and the rest is PR since it backfired. We weren't "all" supposed to be able haha 😉

You’re not supposed to drink the bong water.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options

Let's just look at a few problems that exist with this "solutiom" of theres and see if that helps you understand:

A: players with 7* Malak get.bomus Shard store currency they dont technicslly deserve (it was a bug, remember) while people who dont have 7* malak, but do ha e 5* malak get nothing. The poimt of addressing a bug is to u do the damage it did. Giving shard store currency only to a select few is giving those select few an advantage they never should've had over everyone else (even the ti ies advantage is unfair)

B: They have said nothing about offering refunds for player who never would've wasted crystals or money on malak gear if they knew they werent going to keep him at/near 7*. This game is all about resource management, having crystals dedicated to gear you wont be using for a long time can be extremely detrimental for non-whales, and seeing as Malak is going to slowly fall out of meta. By the time they can get him now those crystals might never have been spent, or have been spent on other upgrades that allow them to earn back those crystals and then some by placing higher in arena. The 250 crystals to every player is an apology for the glitch, and by no means is an adequate solution for players who spent thousands of crystals on gear they don't have a valuable use for. They're compemsating the inconvenience, but not the opportunity cost. Most other mobile games compensate both, or put out an offer to compensate both by offering necessary/desired refunds. Apple/Android refunds are meant to be uswd only when a product isnt as described or it never delivers the in game content. They're not meant to be used so willy-nilly.

C: lack of communication. This is pretty much the epitome of the issue, and the thing that's causing it to fester out of control. They do not communicate with a disgruntled player base at any point, even though an early amd appropriate apology to the most affected players could seriously lessen the amount of hate they receive. Remember, they've acquired a reputation for putting out unpopular changes on fridays and disappearing for the weekend. Any competent company would hire weekend workers to at least say something, or put this info out during the week and respond to the rightful criticism

These are just three problems found within 5 minutes of scanning threads. You really can't see the issues or cause for complaint? Dude, be reasonable. If you won cruise tickets, bought everything you needed to prep for the cruise l, scheduled time off, then had those tickets taken away as you were chosen to win them by mistake, would you be happy with "people who had tickets before you get a coupons for 50% off their next cruise and a penny, you get a penny, and everything els eis all good because you can always use the items you bought on the nexr cruise, 6 years in the future"? If you say yes, you're lying. You'd feel cheated. Many, many players feel cheated, and CG isnt really doing snything to address the concerns of the people who feel cheated. You truly see no issue witu that?
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    A. Agree, and everyone’s been agreeing.
    B. Yes they did. Everything’s getting rolled back. Check the comp thread.
    C they told us about the rollback

It’s more like your bank put 10k extra in your bank account on top of you direct deposit paycheck. You MAYBE somehow think it could possibly maybe be a real thing, maybe your job just gave you a bonus out of nowhere even tho the never have before, but instead of waiting for the bank to open and checking you spend it all, then are shocked and appalled when they say “um that’s not your money.”

Ps your analogy is awful. No offense
  • Options
    And no real update from devs yet
  • Options
    Remember when Vader shards came out into packs in the store? People were upset that had to grind him out through achievements. Remember when Raid Han was available as a log in reward? People were upset that had to farm him through the Rancor raid. The meta will always pass and with it the accessibility of those characters will be easier for players. This is what it appeared to be with the Malak event and that's one reason why people are mad. You paid to enjoy him at his peak. Dont be upset because others didn't and chose to wait.
  • Deell
    106 posts Member
    Options
    So those of us who finally were able to unlock Malak are just ****. Right? Jist want to be sure.
  • Options
    Deell wrote: »
    So those of us who finally were able to unlock Malak are just ****. Right? Jist want to be sure.

Not really. The event was delayed, not cancelled. You'll unlock him in a couple days.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Deell wrote: »

Not really. The event was delayed, not cancelled. You'll unlock him in a couple days.

Actually, I'd guess next week. I think they will want to make sure things go smoothly with the rollback and reconciliation "plan". But yes, delayed, not cancelled. I'm sure the even will be back soon. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    A. Agree, and everyone’s been agreeing.
    B. Yes they did. Everything’s getting rolled back. Check the comp thread.
    C they told us about the rollback

It’s more like your bank put 10k extra in your bank account on top of you direct deposit paycheck. You MAYBE somehow think it could possibly maybe be a real thing, maybe your job just gave you a bonus out of nowhere even tho the never have before, but instead of waiting for the bank to open and checking you spend it all, then are shocked and appalled when they say “um that’s not your money.”

Ps your analogy is awful. No offense

A. If you agree, why were you confused about people being upset over it all?

B. In the post declaring the rollback, they announced they're rolling back Malak promotions, gearing and shards, they said nothing about offering full refunds of crystals/money spent and rolling back the items purchased people didnt want

C. They said they're rolling back and disappeared, handling no questions or attempting to difuse the building anger and confusion, and they still havemt made any other statement to try and calm the hate. Poor communication.

The analogy: yep, I know, but it makes enough sense to function, though only barely. Im no wordsmith.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    well, looks like they heard our complaints about unequal treatment, so they are now giving out equal make-good to everyo-wait, whaaaa? Add me to the upset people list lol.

I mean, the #1 complaint was that people were getting unequal make-good and their answer is to hand out a bunch of GET1 and 2 zetas to the exploiters?? WHAT. IS. HAPPENING.
  • Options
    Probably because they were excited to get the best player in the game and he made it a lot more fun... and now they’re having to re-grind him..
  • Entus
    161 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Shaddes wrote: »
    Mobile gamer spent 750 dollars on something billed as a meta breaking character. However it’s not yet, it’s pure garbage against relics. So unless you hoarded you wont get what you paid for for over 5 months!!! ****!!!! On top of all that there is another 100-200$ gearing pay wall on top of that 750 he spent for gear... for over 1000$ he got NOTHING USABLE outside f-ing Galactic war. CG needs to address this ASAP otherwise people who spent that money should look into the legal aspects of CGs business practices

If he had to spend that amount he had no business running the event. If a new player starts and decides to spend 100k dollars to catch up and get malak the first week, is it CGs fault he spent that money?

This event was intended for players who spend and prepare. Being a former GC, im surprised he was so far behind farming toons that were f2p for 6 mos. All but shaak ti. I beat the event with 2 g13 toons.

Also, we all knew he would suck at 5 star. How could you not?

Finally, MG writes off any spending on this game because he has a platform centered around it. Dont let him fool you. He didnt spend a dime he wont get back.
  • Options
    well, looks like they heard our complaints about unequal treatment, so they are now giving out equal make-good to everyo-wait, whaaaa? Add me to the upset people list lol.

I mean, the #1 complaint was that people were getting unequal make-good and their answer is to hand out a bunch of GET1 and 2 zetas to the exploiters?? WHAT. IS. HAPPENING.

Stop using loaded words like "exploiters" - it really undermines your credibility and hurts your point.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Stop using loaded words like "exploiters" - it really undermines your credibility and hurts your point.

ex·ploit
    verb
    /ikˈsploit/
    make full use of and derive benefit from (a resource).
    "500 companies sprang up to exploit this new technology"

stop acting like I called someone a cheater. the point is that the people that got free shards they shouldn't have gotten are the LAST people who should get a benefit. I still say everyone should get equal make-good, but if there must be a hierarchy (for some reason, lolCG), those people should be last.
  • DJT1
    70 posts Member
    Options

ex·ploit
    verb
    /ikˈsploit/

stop acting like I called someone a cheater. the point is that the people that got free shards they shouldn't have gotten are the LAST people who should get a benefit. I still say everyone should get equal make-good, but if there must be a hierarchy (for some reason, lolCG), those people should be last.

No one should be last, should be equal for all

I was 20/100 and said same before revised offering
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    DJT1 wrote: »

ex·ploit
    verb
    /ikˈsploit/

No one should be last, should be equal for all

I was 20/100 and said same before revised offering

exactly
  • Options
    I think the consensus among the community is that the 5,000 GET should be given to all players.
  • Options
    I don’t have Darth Revan yet, let alone Malak, so I don’t care what I get. Although I’ll take the 250 crystals or whatever as compensation for having to read so much whining on the board the last few days...
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I think the consensus among the community is that the 5,000 GET should be given to all players.

No, it's not. Although I do find it interesting that most times, when I cross reference someone who holds that opinion with their swgoh.gg profile, how often a 5* General Skywalker resides there. ;)