Light Side Geonosis Territory Battle - Republic Offensive [MEGA]

Replies

• Konju
    1142 posts Member
    JKL lead is the most consistent lead for me in this TB. By far. Understanding how to use it to best effect is what takes RNG out of it. JKL needs a turn immediately in each wave, the best way I have found to do this is to kill the last enemy each phase with “Heroes Arise” so that JKL starts with a mass stun in the next wave (This is where DarjeloSalas issue of taking enough time to get JKL’s stun ready to use comes into play).

JKL lead takes speed away from the enemy so you want him very slow and the rest of the Jedi to be fast so that they are taking multiple turns before the enemy takes another turn. Understanding kill order etc is very important as well, but I just wanted to clear up his usage for this TB.

Many inferences can be made based upon the statements you provided, but those mostly end up being: “there is something you are doing wrong...” as it is likely you are doing something wrong.
  • Adamklark wrote: »
    Well he does everything but helping but that's off topic, I tried jkl ever since I unlocked him and it simply doesn't work in a way it should, that's it, when I get fewer aoe enemies I can win much more easier
    Who are you using with JKL?

Which enemies have an AoE that are causing you problems?

Do you fill all platoons?

I’m really struggling to understand how it doesn’t work for you when it is 100% reliable for me and many others.

• Konju
    1142 posts Member
    Adamklark wrote: »
    Well he does everything but helping but that's off topic, I tried jkl ever since I unlocked him and it simply doesn't work in a way it should, that's it, when I get fewer aoe enemies I can win much more easier

I’m really struggling to understand how it doesn’t work for you when it is 100% reliable for me and many others.

Me as well, there is something missing here (platoons, team comp, mods, use of abilities, kill order etc). Just trying to help you out. Nice to be able to use JKL for guaranteed 4/4 and still have JKR waiting for the other Jedi Mission in P1 (depending on guild could be multiple phases).
  • Konju wrote: »
    Adamklark wrote: »

Me as well, there is something missing here (platoons, team comp, mods, use of abilities, kill order etc). Just trying to help you out. Nice to be able to use JKL for guaranteed 4/4 and still have JKR waiting for the other Jedi Mission in P1 (depending on guild could be multiple phases).
    Agreed. In my runs the enemy barely take any turns at all.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    What you have described for platoons and mods would fit completion of 4/4 for me. Are you using heroes arise first ability in the first wave and then last thing in each wave?

This way JKL has 100% turn meter to start wave 2,3,4.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Another mvp under JKL teams is GMY, he takes so many turns that you can keep recycling heroes arise and get JKL's stun reloaded faster. Mine is G12 and I just mod him for speed. Can also use Old Ben, at most the enemy will get one turn off if you do it right so you save his taunt for when they will get their one turn.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    I re-read, I see you use Heroes Arise 1st thing, but do you use this ability as the last ability every wave as well?
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    Yes I get those teams as well, but saving the Heroes Arise at the end allows me to slow them down & stun them at the beginning of every wave every time. There are times where I lose a character, but typically only 1 (if any).

I’m assuming you have relics on all the Jedi as well. If not, then perhaps gear is all you need to survive longer. Though TVF did just mention his GMY is only G12...
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    Well that being the case, without videos to watch to give further input I don’t have much more to offer. I definitely want you to succeed.
  • To me the biggest problem is the lack of usable Jedi. Two of them are stuck in Padme teams. The others can be worked into JML who can make most Jedi better but they need to rework GR Jedi, bad.
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    To me the biggest problem is the lack of usable Jedi. Two of them are stuck in Padme teams. The others can be worked into JML who can make most Jedi better but they need to rework GR Jedi, bad.
    GR jedi are fine, but they kind of rely on KAM for better results (which is not that exclusive by now, but still rare).

By the time you need GR-only jedi for CM (P3), you can disband your Padme team and use GK lead JKA GMY Ahsoka GAS/zBarriss for a potential 4/4 (and quite reliable 3/4).
  • Adamklark wrote: »
    wsqrmcpel1ti.jpg
    this is not the jedi combat but you can imagine, all enemies are these aoe robots

The worst part is all those assists are supposed to make padme teams more bulky, but all they do is wear down your team until they are nothing. Yay LS Geo TB. lol

JKL does work well, but there are times when RNG might bite you in wave one. It is definitely not 100% successful, but if you get started well you should get 4/4 with most versions of a JKL team. Having Jolee with it to revive can be worthwhile.