Light Side Geonosis Territory Battle - Republic Offensive [MEGA]

Replies

• I just hate this pointless TB, feels like beta testing the biggest pile of unplayable crap...

Every time I play this **** event I just want to quit the game, the people designing this game don’t have a clue and clearly don’t even play what they develop
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    I'm enjoying doing well with UP and Rey.

My Jedi can't do much, but that's my own fault for not gearing them adequately. It's not the devs fault.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • There are at least 3 teams to play this and get 4/4 : Padmé, Shaak Ti/ GAS with 501st clones, GL Rey with everything. The only thing I would criticize, is the fact that every territory requires a Jedi team, and I dont think there is a strong enough Jedi team YET. Maybe after the end of CW s7 there will be reworks (Windu, Ahsoka,...) or new characters
    I am a 3.5 M GP player and I was able to do 4/4 with my clones (every phases) and 1/4 with Jedi or 3/4 with a R4 Padmé. This is really hard and long, but possible, be sure to read all the tips and the "details" section and to complete platoon mission before attacking
    Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise ?
  • YavinIVRecruiter
    100 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Maka_Veli wrote: »
    There are at least 3 teams to play this and get 4/4 : Padmé, Shaak Ti/ GAS with 501st clones, GL Rey with everything. The only thing I would criticize, is the fact that every territory requires a Jedi team, and I dont think there is a strong enough Jedi team YET. Maybe after the end of CW s7 there will be reworks (Windu, Ahsoka,...) or new characters
    I am a 3.5 M GP player and I was able to do 4/4 with my clones (every phases) and 1/4 with Jedi or 3/4 with a R4 Padmé. This is really hard and long, but possible, be sure to read all the tips and the "details" section and to complete platoon mission before attacking

I had hoped clone wars would be the right time for reworks, but again a disappointing nothing.
  • YavinIVRecruiter
    100 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    odkuxupow03q.jpg

Did pretty good this geo, got kam too. That's me, Solrac.
  • odkuxupow03q.jpg

Well done ;) How many stars ?
    Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise ?
  • Bigdaddyjer
    27 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    If LS Geo is functioning as intended with respect to difficulty, can someone please explain how r7 GL Rey can go 0/4 on two different CMs?
  • Maka_Veli wrote: »
    odkuxupow03q.jpg

14 so far.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    My Jedi can't do much, but that's my own fault for not gearing them adequately. It's not the devs fault.

Let me get you some more lip balm - you're running on fumes there.

Took you a month to come up with that?
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    If LS Geo is functioning as intended with respect to difficulty, can someone please explain how r7 GL Rey can go 0/4 on two different CMs?

Operator error.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    odkuxupow03q.jpg

Well done. I am not KAM eligible and have poor Jedi and ships, but also managed 34. 4/4's with Rey and GAS go a long way.
  • pally
    1 posts Member
    I have been playing this game for almost 3 years. Never had any complaints til republic offensive came out. I understand there should be a level of difficulty, but when you have a really decent team that is fairly good and can't beat the first wave in day 1 of 4, well....it makes for boring play and agitates people. Makes it to where no one in the guild wants to participate in it because all we can do is deploy and hope we get a star in any section. Hoth is set up perfect. starts off easy and difficulty increases each new round. Maybe something can be done with republic offensive to dumb down the difficulty level so player who are on a more FTP level can advance a little faster. thanks pally
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    TVF wrote: »

Let me get you some more lip balm - you're running on fumes there.

Thats thoughtful, can you get me some deodorant while you are out?
  • Has anyone else noticed a bug in Geo TB where units with droid battalion are not losing stacks from assists? It isn't pervasive but I got a screen record of it happening to me earlier this go around and it's likely costing people a wave or two.
  • Jsteve15
    2 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    ZAP wrote:
    Is an elite General Kalani present? B2 can only lose 1 stack per turn with him there and assists aren’t a turn.

I didn't know this, thanks for sharing ZAP! Yes they were present (wave 4)
  • ZAP wrote: »
    Jsteve15 wrote: »
    Has anyone else noticed a bug in Geo TB where units with droid battalion are not losing stacks from assists? It isn't pervasive but I got a screen record of it happening to me earlier this go around and it's likely costing people a wave or two.

Is an elite General Kalani present? B2 can only lose 1 stack per turn with him there and assists aren’t a turn.

General Kalani is an awesome character and his kit is pretty great. Too bad we can't use him for ourselves. B1 would be amazing under him.
    Where is my kitten General Grievous rework at!!??
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Lightside GeoTB still stinks
  • It’s funny how hated this TB us and people are still complaining about it. Half a year since it’s announcement and this. It’s hilarious to look at the state of this game compared to others. I guess CG doesn’t care about the community as a wider spectrum, just the few krakens who would willingly chuck millions at this game if needed. The state of this game is appalling, it’s falling apart.
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • Maka_Veli wrote: »
    odkuxupow03q.jpg

14 so far.

Managed 17 at the end.
  • YavinIVRecruiter
    100 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Jsteve15 wrote: »
    ZAP wrote:

I didn't know this, thanks for sharing ZAP! Yes they were present (wave 4)

If I get general kalani, I usually manage only 3/4. I can't get rid of droid stacks fast enough. Not sure what the strategy is to beat him.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Looooki wrote: »
    This LSTB is like HSTR when it first came out...

But the thing is... Why do they even think this is contend is for future toons? Why not create something for the present and build up more difficulty over time with other teirs??

We have given the suggestions (a more difficult Rancor etc), change some mechanics to that raid etc to make it fresh...

All these do not need to start from the ground up...

Its because its laziness - roll out something that the playerbase can only really chip away at, even at end game level and they don't have to bother working on anything else for a long time, whole we are all kept busy.

But we will get new toons rolled out that may have kits that can better handle LSGeo, as well as level may certainly increase to 100. Gear tiers I think are done (as gear slots have vanished completely once you hit Relic status), but Relic levels are not.

Currently relic levels stop at 7 but that could go up to 10 or even in the future 20 etc. - there could be no end.

Eventually when all that comes to fruition, we will look back on this and laugh, but then we will have another insanely hard event to contend with and moan about - so I don't bother moaning anymore. I'll get there when I get there.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    There are at least 3 teams to play this and get 4/4 : Padmé, Shaak Ti/ GAS with 501st clones, GL Rey with everything. The only thing I would criticize, is the fact that every territory requires a Jedi team, and I dont think there is a strong enough Jedi team YET. Maybe after the end of CW s7 there will be reworks (Windu, Ahsoka,...) or new characters

I had hoped clone wars would be the right time for reworks, but again a disappointing nothing.

Took them a while to roll out Mando toons, and then only gave us 3 toons!

I think CW reworks are still in the pipeline, the big question is when.
  • Boo wrote: »

Took them a while to roll out Mando toons, and then only gave us 3 toons!

I think CW reworks are still in the pipeline, the big question is when.
    They said they’d circle back around to them, but not in the near future. So I’m guessing maybe end of this year/ beginning of next.
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • Jefferx wrote: »
    I think the problem was that they should not put his name beside GAS and GK if he don’t have the same visibility in tbls. If GAS and GK have a special mission but not windu then don’t put Windu there to not mislead people....

He wasn't a general in both of the battles
  • Just a reminder that your players still think LS Geo TB is awful. We haven’t forgot. Wild RNG swings. Non-elite droids 1-shotting high-relic heroes while it takes a dozen hits to take out a non-elite Spy or GS.
    Ex 1: Yesterday, my R5 JKL got 3/4 but lost to elite Nute in wave 4 of 1B. Today? Same 1B mission, same Luke squad got 0/4 with zero droids defeated.
    Ex. 2: My 25-relic, well-modded Padme squad got 1/4 In 1B with only 2 toons surviving to wave 2. I have achieved 4/4 there previously. Another TB, I had my arena-grade GAS squad pull a 0/4 in that 1B mission, again after pulling 4/4 previously. These are phase 1 missions!
    Our competitive 290M guild is losing patience on this. Had an officer jump to do Hoth instead this time. Make TB fun! We get this once a month and it’s a total drag.
    You tweaked DS Hoth previously, why not DS Geo?
  • Tanzos2
    17 posts Member
    Let's not forget the Reek mission that is determined by RNG. And that the 5's sacrifice bug exists. And their solution is to put 5's in the 5th slot but you can't because the specifically lock ARC Trooper in the 5th slot for NO reason.