• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Vinniarth wrote: »
    Baby_Yoda wrote: »
    I havent paid a dime and I never lose.

It's called resource management fam

Nope, it is called “white lie”

It’s called baselessly assuming people are lying to make you feel better about your own shortcomings.
  • Options
    Vinniarth wrote: »
    Matchmaking is extremely ****. Never saw anything as bad in my whole life.
    I really feel myself not a player, but target practice for whales to try out their new almighty toons! So I am sure, that is not their luck of skills or brains, it is made intentional to please whales and made others pay...
    So, OP, you can relax, they are good.
    'Everyone who is better than me must be a whale.'
  • Options
    I’m being matched against opponents with rosters far better than mine with elite characters I don’t even have unlocked. I do quite well despite that but some opponents I go in knowing it’s impossible. Do the best I can but still impossible. Stop adding crap content and fix matchups.

Dude, my current opponent had paths to beat me and he didn't.

It is obvious he is a worse player. Between my making better squads than him, my modding is far superior. A lot of people don't put effort into modding like it demands
    oqzt1qdevux1.png

• Options
    I shared my roster with someone here who posted and he helped me out. So some good has come out of this.

Yes, I was very frustrated after losing a bunch of GA matches in a row. Part of the reason I find it frustrating has to do with me - my play style. Yeah, I’m casual. I don’t think I totally suck, (as I said- I win roughly every other match in regular arena - usually place around 140, and always top 200) I guess the difference there is that I can choose teams where I have a shot at winning. What I was running into in GA is match after match after match with opponents who have superior toons to me. For the love of god - PLEASE UNDERSTAND THIS PART: OF COURSE I KNOW I NEED TO GET THOSE TEAMS TO COMPETE. And yes, OBVIOUSLY I have been actively farming them. FFS the devs absolutely clobber us over the head with a slew of new toons we all must farm - you don’t think I know that?

My frustration hits its peak when I see that I am locked in division 3, where I feel I am outclassed, and outplayed constantly. Yet I have seen some NEWER PLAYERS in my guild with much SLIMMER rosters- ones that aren’t bloated with old, useless toons that I had maxxed out from four years ago, which nobody would bother with today. Yet these same players still have rosters that include top teams like DR/DM - and these guys are in div 6, with a lower GP, (because most of their roster is minimized) and they are murdering every matchup .. getting first place in every GA. To me, you can’t just say: “that’s your fault that you didn’t manage your resources properly dude” .. How was I supposed to know four years ago that making Biggs, wedge, and Princess Leia g12 was a mistake? At one point wiggs was very useful and deadly.

This is what leads me to saying: “can I dump my Phoenix squad “ because I find them fairly useless. I maxxed them out for ship combat, which was fine for a while.. (I used to regularly finish in the top ten) but since CG makes a ton of $$$ every time they release a new toon, their business model has been to come out with a MASSIVE SLEW OF THEM .. and since I won’t lay down cash for this irritating and greedy development team, I end up playing catch-up for months .. and when HMF was released.. I was instantly, and immediately out of the running for competitive ship combat.. put out of business by that one single ship.

“Well, farm it” you say

Yeah, no kidding.. but Im also farming 15 other annoying toons, and their gear just to get the ones that I actually want. That’s CG’s business model. And guess what? I happen to think it’s greedy, and it sucks, and it heavily favours those who lay down a wad of dough for this game every month. Obviously they pay for their advantage.. but that doesn’t mean I have to like it. And I really don’t care if any of you disagree with that.. and if I feel like coming here to complain or rant about it, too bad for you. Like many of you, I also have a life outside of this game.. and when I’m enjoying swgoh, I don’t stop in here to blow sunshine up the devs collective butts.

So, to those of you who made smug, arrogant replies, maybe you might feel differently if your experience in GA was similar to mine.. where you feel like every match is hopeless.. where your g12 toons > your opponent’s g12 toons.. and every opponent seems to already have the toons you are so desperately trying to get..

BTW I also think a combat log would be nice..(along with many others) so I could understand why/how my defence was defeated.. and YES I KNOW I can watch videos.. and read a ton of stuff, and theory craft etc etc etc. but I don’t have that kind of time to spare most days. If you guys can do that - great! So why can’t I ever seem to get matched with another amateur, casual player like me? It feels like my opponents are always much more hardcore than me..

And lastly, to clarify: I NEVER SAID I ALWAYS LOSE BECAUSE MY OPPONENTS ATE ALL P2W. I said quite clearly that I WAS OUTPLAYED. Also, I NEVER SAID I THINK I AM ENTITLED TO WIN EVERY MATCH..

What I DID try to get across, is that when I compare my roster with my opponents in GA, I feel like every match is hopeless. And since I’m WELL ESTABLISHED AS A CASUAL PLAYER, it might be nice to OCCASIONALLY be matched up with someone who has a similar skill level - so that we’re both having a more even match - as opposed to me just being fodder for someone with a superior roster every time. IE: The devs seem to think I’m better than I am? IE: NO I DONT BELIEVE IM ENTITLED TO WIN EVERY TIME, but that also doesn’t mean that every match should feel like I’m about to be curb stomped either.

And thanks to Waqui - he was the one who helped. :)

And to the arrogant players who just talk down, well - you know where to go.
  • Options
    Zippy_3000 wrote: »
    some good has come out of this. I’m casual. I totally suck, (I win roughly every other match in regular arena - usually place around 140, and always top 200) there I can choose teams where I have a shot at winning. What I was running into in GA is match after match after match with opponents who have superior toons to me.

I am outclassed, and outplayed constantly. Yet I have seen some NEWER PLAYERS in my guild with much SLIMMER rosters- ones that aren’t bloated with old, useless toons that I had maxxed out from four years ago, which nobody would bother with today. Yet these same players still have rosters that include top teams like DR/DM - and these guys are in div 6, with a lower GP, (because most of their roster is minimized) and they are murdering every matchup .. getting first place in every GA. To me, you can’t just say: “that’s your fault that you didn’t manage your resources properly dude” .. How was I supposed to know four years ago that making Biggs, wedge, and Princess Leia g12 was a mistake? At one point wiggs was very useful and deadly.

This is what leads me to saying: “can I dump my Phoenix squad “ because I find them fairly useless. I maxxed them out for ship combat, which was fine for a while.. (I used to regularly finish in the top ten) , I end up playing catch-up for months .. and when HMF was released.. I was instantly, and immediately out of the running for competitive ship combat.. put out of business by that one single ship.

“Well, farm it” you say

Im farming 15 annoying toons, and their gear just to get the ones that I actually want. it sucks, and it heavily favours those who lay down a wad of dough for this game every month. Obviously they pay for their advantage.. if I feel like coming here to complain or rant about it, too bad for you. I have a life outside of this gam

So, to those of you who made smug, arrogant replies, maybe you might feel differently if your experience in GA was similar to mine.. where you feel like every match is hopeless.. where your g12 toons > your opponent’s g12 toons.. and every opponent seems to already have the toons you are so desperately trying to get..

I KNOW I can watch videos.. and read a ton of stuff, and theory craft etc etc etc. but I don’t have that kind of time to spare most days. If you guys can do that - great! So why can’t I ever seem to get matched with another amateur, casual player like me? It feels like my opponents are always much more hardcore than me..

I SAID I ALWAYS LOSE BECAUSE MY OPPONENTS ATE ALL P2W. I said quite clearly that I WAS OUTPLAYED. Also, SAID I THINK I AM ENTITLED TO WIN EVERY MATCH..

since I’m WELL ESTABLISHED it might be nice to OCCASIONALLY be matched up with someone

And thanks to Waqui - he was the one who helped. :)

And to the arrogant players who just talk down, well - you know where to go.

Biggs, Wedge, and Leia have potential on offense in GAC. Gear, mods, and the other two matter though.
  • nurm
    107 posts Member
    Options
    Think about the tactic in Gac and build teams around it.
    Offense victories with less than 5 toons is risky but pushes up your score.
    Know your enemy and use hard counters for attack if possible. If your are not sure, attack with 5 instead of 4.
    Know for what you are getting points: full protection, full life and survived toons.

On defense, make it hard for your opponent that he loose as much points as possible. In the best case he needs a second try. Read some guides which teams are better for defense or attack.

And now build up your teams around it. Improve your mods to have more speed.
    Improve one team after another and not all at the same time. Have a look at the g13 statistics for your roaster. Maybe you have some easy improvements which make you much stronger.
    And be patient. It will take time for building up complete new teams.
  • Options
    Ok let us break this down: There are 2 factors that affect your matchups...your division and your league. If there is anything else please let me know. Your division is based on score....so if you are losing...your score stays low and you should get “easer” players. Your penalized with lower rewards...but you should eventually get more casual players.
    Your league is based on Galactic Power and this is were the casual players vs the more streamlined accounts can hurt a lot. If you actually put gear on anyone that is not helpful it raises your GP just as much as Jedi Revan lol! I am one of those “casual” players who actually tried to collect everything and for a long time was getting nuked by newer slimmer accounts. I find that now that I have gotten to division 2 things aren’t so bad. I still run into obvious whales who have bought out the meta characters. But I understand. When my GP was lower I ironically got matched against players with DARTH MALAK much more often than I do now! They would have the gear maxed out or near maxed out on the top 30 characters were I only had 5 or 6 I could put the top level mods on! Currently there is NO DIFFERENCE in rewards based on league. 1.6 GP rewards the same as 4.5 GP despite an amazing interface the developers created to bracket all these leagues out! I guess they DON’T want to penalize the players who created new accounts just to murder new players in grand arena? Not really sure the thinking behind this but I have to laugh when I scroll through the rewards for the different leagues...if you don’t reward the top GP levels more there is no incentive to collect or grow an account. The interface they created is very cool, when will they actually put it to use?
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Voltarc wrote: »
    Ok let us break this down: There are 2 factors that affect your matchups...your division and your league. If there is anything else please let me know. Your division is based on score....so if you are losing...your score stays low and you should get “easer” players. Your penalized with lower rewards...but you should eventually get more casual players.
    Your league is based on Galactic Power and this is were the casual players vs the more streamlined accounts can hurt a lot. If you actually put gear on anyone that is not helpful it raises your GP just as much as Jedi Revan lol! I am one of those “casual” players who actually tried to collect everything and for a long time was getting nuked by newer slimmer accounts. I find that now that I have gotten to division 2 things aren’t so bad. I still run into obvious whales who have bought out the meta characters. But I understand. When my GP was lower I ironically got matched against players with DARTH MALAK much more often than I do now! They would have the gear maxed out or near maxed out on the top 30 characters were I only had 5 or 6 I could put the top level mods on! Currently there is NO DIFFERENCE in rewards based on league. 1.6 GP rewards the same as 4.5 GP despite an amazing interface the developers created to bracket all these leagues out! I guess they DON’T want to penalize the players who created new accounts just to murder new players in grand arena? Not really sure the thinking behind this but I have to laugh when I scroll through the rewards for the different leagues...if you don’t reward the top GP levels more there is no incentive to collect or grow an account. The interface they created is very cool, when will they actually put it to use?

Division and league provides the hard caps the mm algo works on. But the algo is the main thing that decides your pools. In your case algo will match you with players within your league+division who has very close top 80 toon gp as you and it doesn't care who has which toons.
  • Options

My frustration hits its peak when I see that I am locked in division 3, where I feel I am outclassed, and outplayed constantly. Yet I have seen some NEWER PLAYERS in my guild with much SLIMMER rosters- ones that aren’t bloated with old, useless toons that I had maxxed out from four years ago, which nobody would bother with today. Yet these same players still have rosters that include top teams like DR/DM - and these guys are in div 6, with a lower GP, (because most of their roster is minimized) and they are murdering every matchup .. getting first place in every GA. To me, you can’t just say: “that’s your fault that you didn’t manage your resources properly dude” .. How was I supposed to know four years ago that making Biggs, wedge, and Princess Leia g12 was a mistake? At one point wiggs was very useful and deadly.

Not a smug arrogant reply, but most of the matchups I have had this GA have been against people with Darth Revan and on occasion Malak, some at G13. I don't have either unlocked. I have Biggs at G12 for the ships, and some of my investments aren't worth it for the effort put in, perhaps not to your extent, but it's true. The difference is I don't look at a better roster and assume I'm going to lose, I try to think of a way out of it. Yes I'm f2p, yes I'm (relatively) casual, at least I think, and so yes I know what you mean. The difference there is in your attitude, you can continue to work and try to improve, or you can simply decide you aren't good enough and not care so much. Oh, and Wedge lead just won me my last GA, don't knock it.
  • Options
    @Zippy I guess it's another "smug and arrogant reply", but instead of complaining about how unfair the game is to you and how you should be entitled to win at some point, you could spent this time and energy to actually ask how to improve your defense and offense teams, ask for strategy, theorycrafting and tips. You'd be surprised how fast you'll improve. Of course you can also keep saying it's the devs fault or because you farmed the wrong toons four years ago…
  • Options
    No_Try wrote: »

Division and league provides the hard caps the mm algo works on. But the algo is the main thing that decides your pools. In your case algo will match you with players within your league+division who has very close top 80 toon gp as you and it doesn't care who has which toons.

Ok thx that would help explain the less insane matchmaking. (Still bad but not as bad). Does not explain the interface for showing rewards. Why break it down by league if your not going to change the rewards for league? Is this something they might adjust? I wish they would throw some sort of bone to those who ACTUALLY collect/7 star everything! Or a match were you use the more obscure less used characters....
  • Voltarc
    103 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Oh and ya I use wedge all the time as a hard hitting offensive hack to finish off some of those annoying “better” toons that just won’t die. (Hate all that top gear regeneration...I mean REALLY? Gear that gives you health...)
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

Ok thx that would help explain the less insane matchmaking. (Still bad but not as bad). Does not explain the interface for showing rewards. Why break it down by league if your not going to change the rewards for league?

To match players to others with more similar performance.
    Also there are rewards for promoting to a higher league.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

Ok thx that would help explain the less insane matchmaking. (Still bad but not as bad). Does not explain the interface for showing rewards. Why break it down by league if your not going to change the rewards for league? Is this something they might adjust? I wish they would throw some sort of bone to those who ACTUALLY collect/7 star everything! Or a match were you use the more obscure less used characters....

They may adjust both mm and rewards structure. These are mentioned in the announcement posts. They did an mm adjustment in between full test and first gac. There is supposedly also invisible parameters in mm which they dialed up the weight of at that time, but I haven't seen any effect of it before or after (it seems completely random besides top 80 almost perfectly matching). I bet they want to make an increasing reward structure but imagine the backlash.
  • Options
    Hey, you mind letting me see your roster and mods so I can give you suggestions on how you can better defeat your enemies in your grand arena! message me back if you can send me a pic of your roster. don't worry, ill help you get your first 1st place in grand arena.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Hey, you mind letting me see your roster and mods so I can give you suggestions on how you can better defeat your enemies in your grand arena! message me back if you can send me a pic of your roster. don't worry, ill help you get your first 1st place in grand arena.
    I shared my roster with someone here who posted and he helped me out. So some good has come out of this.

... But feel free to help out as well :-)
  • Options
    Let me first express that I appreciate those who are offering to help.

If you are so inclined, here is my profile:

https://swgoh.gg/p/854876925/
  • Options
    I think I've found the problem. You're roster really isn't that dissimilar to mine, slightly more advanced in some areas, slightly less in others. The difference is, as usual, in mods. You seriously lack the speed required, and don't have set on to compliment the characters you have. For instance your JKR probably hits like a truck, but you want him to be the fastest on the field, not with 18 speed added to him. My recommendation would be to start throwing crystals at mods rather than gear, because that is genuinely such an important factor, and it allows you to have good mods with sets that fit, whereas if you were to just speed up Revan as much as possible, he would lose all those other bonuses. Get mods as much as possible, upgrade them, if they have speed, keep them, if not sell them, only buy them from the store if they are exactly what you are looking for, that sort of thing. it's not fun, but it's necessary, and very effective, speed is king in this game.
  • Options
    I don’t find my JKR team is a problem .. I can beat most teams with him - except for DR/DM- where I have no chance.

My problem is/was my GA matchups.. as I’m consistently matched against players who have DR/DM .. That means by default they also have the JKR team I have + more. But yes, mods mods mods mods mods right?
  • Sev
    15 posts Member
    Options
    I doubt we will see a change in Matchmaking any time soon. Idk what division you are in, but the lower your division I assume the bigger gap in rosters depending on how someone farms. If you'd like some advice or help feel free to message me. I usually finish first in GAC and am basically f2p aside from a 20 dollar purchase every couple months.