Are imperial troopers worth it?

13Next

Replies

• plindboe
    281 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    I don't see how they are a reliable BH counter either, though I have not tried them.

Give them a try and you'll see that they are the best non-meta team to counter BHs. Veers, Starck, snow, death and range trooper are pretty much all required to make it 100% reliable though.

Starck simply needs to go before Bossk, and you have pretty much won. He will increase everyone's TM to 100% and with Veers' aoe and the others' turns and assists you'll pretty much always be able to take out the weakest BH. This feeds everyone so much TM that the BHs never even get to move. Deathtrooper can deathmark to help take out Bossk quickly.

I wish people would stop talking about nightsisters every time imperial troopers are brought up. Far from as reliable as it used to be. Bounty hunters are where it's at.
  • Deathbringer59
    581 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    3b8na6se4pka.jpg

It's up to you but my imps can fairly take on alot of squads as long as starck goes first. Definitely not any top meta teams but I've been able to kill NS in their relics. Just focus the weakest NS twice to remove zombies revives then go after daka. I've had them for awhile now, just needed range when he dropped so I got him. AV lead can be dangerous but again focus weakest NS twice then go after Daka.

https://swgoh.gg/p/521943135/characters/?f=Imperial+Trooper

These are my imps on swogh.gg if you want to take a look at mods and stuff. Again not the best but fairly doable
  • Options
    Baby_Yoda wrote: »
    Nope

Better off farming JKR, DR, Malak, Padmé, GAS, GG, ect.

After a solid 10-15+ teams you should then farm them they're a great NS counter

Don’t listen to this guy. He doesn’t even answer the question really. Adds what he thinks of other things first.

I did. I said don't farm them because they're dozens of better teams l.

Oh i see. I forgot that saying nope, then saying farm them they’re a good counter to nightsisters is not contradictory.

you did clearly say farm them.
  • Options
    they're dozens of better teams l.
    ?
  • Options
    ?
    Ya, the imperial troopers are 12 , possibly 24 teams. Didn’t you know
  • Options
    Nope

Don’t listen to this guy. He doesn’t even answer the question really. Adds what he thinks of other things first.

Oh i see. I forgot that saying nope, then saying farm them they’re a good counter to nightsisters is not contradictory.

Yes I did say farm them. After 10-15+ other teams because they're rank 15-20 in tier list. Probably lower.
    ?

I honestly was too lazy to edit the errors of that. "There are dozens of better teams"
  • Options
    Nope

Yes I did say farm them. After 10-15+ other teams because they're rank 15-20 in tier list. Probably lower.
    ?

I honestly was too lazy to edit the errors of that. "There are dozens of better teams"

If you said farm them, why claim otherwise? Which one is it?

Which still wouldn’t answer the question. It’s not should I farm them first. It’s are they worth it.
  • Options
    Nope

?

Which still wouldn’t answer the question. It’s not should I farm them first. It’s are they worth it.

I strongly recommend farming and gearing Ugnaught after getting the other 179 characters to r7.
  • Options
    "As long as Stark goes before Bossk" isn't that asking a lot though? Bossk is kinda fast I think
  • Options
    "As long as Stark goes before Bossk" isn't that asking a lot though? Bossk is kinda fast I think

Starck has has a higher base speed than Bossk.
  • Options
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    Nope

?

I strongly recommend farming and gearing Ugnaught after getting the other 179 characters to r7.

I already got him there pal. He’s a real grand arena clincher. Any other suggestions?
  • Options
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    Nope

?

I already got him there pal. He’s a real grand arena clincher. Any other suggestions?

Sure, but this is the last freebie. Han's Millennium Falcon is a great ship.
  • Stick
    647 posts Member
    Options

Doesn’t matter anyways. It’s not as important as being able to reliably clear his taunt and being able to kill someone before contract is up. That’s what actually matters killing bossk teams with troopers. Stark gets 20 extra speed from leadership too. So it’s not to hard to outspeed bossk. Granted some people have like a 300 speed bossk
  • Options
    Nope

?

I said farm them after 10-15 and then I said don't because the 10-15 will take 2 years alone.

Itz called being a bio polar bear
  • Options
    Nope

?

I said farm them after 10-15 and then I said don't because the 10-15 will take 2 years alone.

Great. Still doesn’t answer the question of worth it or not.
    So this is your proof that you should be listened to? Contradicting info and “Itz called being a bio polar bear”?
  • Options
    Nope

?

So this is your proof that you should be listened to? Contradicting info and “Itz called being a bio polar bear”?

Can’t y’all just agree to disagree and stop? Thanks.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Nope

?

No
    =D
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Unless you've already geared them and need a way to cope with buyer's remorse, the answer is No. They were useful in bygone days, but this is the relic age where many take their NS to g13. Also Bossk for fleet. You can time out with a relic-ed JKR squad against r7 NS since Daka is seemingly impossible to kill. No one can tell me g12 Imp Troopers still stand a chance against that. Besides, desperately need the gear for GR and Separatist characters (aside from whoever is needed to unlock Ep. 9 content) since this is also the Geo TB age.
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    I run Starck at +117, Veers at +96 with some slicing to go. If they're exceptionally fast I'll open with Starck's TM boost and try to focus down zombie but it's harder.

Yeah, I mean, I run +119 on Starck and I'll run into NS teams that are still faster. @leef is right, there's a lot of things that can go wrong running Troopers against NS, but still a good general counter.

To get back to the OP's question, it's a fun team, but I wouldn't bother right now. They may release a toon at some point to buff 'em (Scout Trooper perhaps?) but right now, they aren't nearly as good as many other teams for all game modes.
  • Options
    Nope

?

Hes getting pressed over virtual imperial troopers bro idk if he can stop
  • Options
    Nope

?

Nah. It’s cause you don’t know what you’re saying
  • Options
    Nope

?

Boi taking everything so serious.

Who cares if I said something partly different. It still doesnt matter

The point remains IMP Troopers arent worth it and they're #15-25 on farming priority.
  • Options
    Nope

?

The point remains IMP Troopers arent worth it and they're #15-25 on farming priority.

About right in my boat.
  • Options
    Nope

?

What does their number on your made up scale matter if that was never the question?
    To be fair, there are at least 15+ teams that help you advance more.

There are the meta-tier ones like DR, GAS (UP), Padme, JKR, GG followed by Geos, Traya, CLS, NS and then comes JTR, FO (both potentially more important in the near future), BH, EP.

Now that's 13, but you'll need OR for both Revan events and at least ~g10 Ewoks for C3, so ideally you won't go all out on Troopers before the previous 15 teams. Whether you work on Qi'ra, Nute, Troopers or something else next, it's up to you.

Now answering the original question they are worth it*, if you already have the other teams above decently developed.
  • Options
    i have gear 12 trooper team. and it was my first investment. I love them they counter so many early game teams with veer's Zeta. but the only bad thing about them is that they cant get high ranks in arena. they can get pretty far though.
  • Mephisto_style
    5724 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    i have gear 12 trooper team. and it was my first investment. I love them they counter so many early game teams with veer's Zeta. but the only bad thing about them is that they cant get high ranks in arena. they can get pretty far though.

Well, there is an up and downside highly related: you can have 2 teams of troopers; they are going to add more empire stuff that will team with them.

This likely won't be the case for my jawas
  • Options
    Treeburner wrote: »
    Only reason their viability against NS has dropped is because people are putting relics on NS and not imp troopers .

At equal gear and a fast starck it's normally the same thing different day easy 60 points

Absolutely. Can't stress how important proper modding is with this team. A well-modded IT squad can mow down NS (even with Nest) as well as several other teams
    The Academy of the Fallen
  • Options
    Raindragon wrote: »
    Only reason their viability against NS has dropped is because people are putting relics on NS and not imp troopers .

At equal gear and a fast starck it's normally the same thing different day easy 60 points

Absolutely. Can't stress how important proper modding is with this team. A well-modded IT squad can mow down NS (even with Nest) as well as several other teams

With NS at R4 and beyond? I'm not buying mods being the determining factor, because no R4+ NS team is gonna be crummy modded
  • Options
    Raindragon wrote: »

*under certain circumstances. If Nest has ~150% tenacity, she'll solo your troopers. And NS will add enough RNG factor if they are also well-modded to not be worth using IT against them.

It's not hard to get AV, Spirit and Daka to move before Starck. Worst case scenario you'll have three stunned characters before you move and even if you are lucky with resisting stuns you'll have your turn order messed up by TM removal from AV lead.

The only way you can consistently beat NS is if they are poorly modded and even then relics can turn the tide.