LS Geo TB is insane!! [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    Here is the thing, the jokesters said it themselves in that Q and A..... they will release GEO LSTB again, guessing later in December. They are going to monitor the gameplay.

Why for the love of anything holly, can all guilds either not sign up for it OR sign up and do 0 freaking CM? Just sign up and deploy. That will send a loud and clear message to them.

It seems the absolute only team that can achieve 4/4 in p1 CM is relic 7 GAS. Events shouldn't be centered around .1% of the game content.

It is time to stand up to CG and grab their attention! They dont listen to us in forums. They read data only. It is time to send a NEGATIVE MESSAGE through data.
  • micha_15
    36 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Just look at the sudden explosion in GP needed, whereas the increase between LS Hoth, DS Hoth and DS Geo was pretty steady
    fuh4q7i6icjb.png

• Options
    micha_15 wrote: »
    Just look at the sudden explosion in GP needed, whereas the increase between LS Hoth, DS Hoth and DS Geo was pretty steady
    fuh4q7i6icjb.png

Either lack of leadership and direction, or just a ploy to help them deal with the fact that they have 9+ openings listed on their career site and are understaffed. So the answer was stretch what little content they actually can get accomplished out, and hold it as long as possible by tuning it to an absurd difficulty. Maybe both.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    Fhoenix wrote: »
    fuh4q7i6icjb.png

Either lack of leadership and direction, or just a ploy to help them deal with the fact that they have 9+ openings listed on their career site and are understaffed. So the answer was stretch what little content they actually can get accomplished out, and hold it as long as possible by tuning it to an absurd difficulty. Maybe both.

Even that seems weird. The difficulty is one thing, but with the GP requirements they need to add 80 more ships for us to even hit 36*. DSTB still isn't possible to 33*, but it will be probably sometime mid next year. 1 year for the top guilds to max something like that feels reasonable. 3.5+ years does not feel reasonable.
  • Cs99
    146 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    They intentionally made it impossible so when people are yelling about new content in 6 months they can say noboby has "mastered" ls geo so why should we make it. This new raid will probably be tuned the same way. Cg won't have to worry about making new content for years.
  • Options
    fuh4q7i6icjb.png

Tip of the spear...
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Maxing doesn't matter. Getting good amount of rewards does.
  • MasterSeedy
    5045 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options

While true, it misses the point. The comparison of needs for maxing different TBs is simply an attempt to represent in a visual form the differences in difficulty and how much of a jump in difficulty LS Geo TB makes.

But you're also missing something else: The rewards aren't the end goal either. The end goal is having fun. If you have a game that provides TONS of rewards and your progress incredibly quickly but you have no fun is a bad game. If you have a game that provides very few rewards and you progress in power very slowly, but you have fun every day doing the activities provided, then that's a good game.

In the context of a resource management game it's impossible to get away from the need to appropriately regulate rewards so people feel they're making progress and hopeful about what they'll be able to achieve, but not burning up the content faster than CG can pay programmers to make the next batch of content. So, sure, rewards matter. But they're not what ultimately matter.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

While true, it misses the point. The comparison of needs for maxing different TBs is simply an attempt to represent in a visual form the differences in difficulty and how much of a jump in difficulty LS Geo TB makes.

But you're also missing something else: The rewards aren't the end goal either. The end goal is having fun. If you have a game that provides TONS of rewards and your progress incredibly quickly but you have no fun is a bad game. If you have a game that provides very few rewards and you progress in power very slowly, but you have fun every day doing the activities provided, then that's a good game.

In the context of a resource management game it's impossible to get away from the need to appropriately regulate rewards so people feel they're making progress and hopeful about what they'll be able to achieve, but not burning up the content faster than CG can pay programmers to make the next batch of content. So, sure, rewards matter. But they're not what ultimately matter.

I think talking about max conditions misses the point as maxing doesn't provide anything special. If the tb difficulty allowed us to get something close to our ds geo prowess and at least first 2 phases were somewhat playable I doubt many would mind it to be not maxable. Similarly I don't understand the "p4 sucks" perspective on ds geo. A better metric would be to compare the rewards with fixed data points (a X gp guild, another Y gp one etc)

I enjoyed ds geo for a bit, now it's also run of the mill. I would call it a chore since I can't auto it either without hurting my guild. I'm not that much of a pve player except when raids are fresh and learning it throughly has a payoff.

Lastly taking CGs word at head value, they will end up seeing no amount of theorycrafting will be enough for p2 forth. I got an all relic, 2 r7 team get aoed out of existence before getting a turn. That gives no room for theorycrafting. If there really are no immediate upgrades around the corner, they will have to come in terms to dial it down to a semi playable state.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Joegetta wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb I have one question and you don't have to elaborate or explain anything. A simple yes or no will do. Could you please answer. Is this LSTB working as intended?

100%, yes this is WAI.

This is the WAI
  • Options
    ...change the game language to make LS Geo TB easier?
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    Hello les amis, ils ont effectivement arrêté cette stupidité absolue mais les explications données sont aussi laconiques que fallacieuses ! Ils ne comptent pas changer le niveau de difficulté, juste corriger les (nombreux) bugs.
    Bref, le fric avant les joueurs, c'est inadmissible !
    Merci de ne plus dépenser un centime cette année, ça ne vous aidera pas et ça va les conforter dans l'idée qu'ils font ce qu'ils veulent sans se soucier des joueurs, et c'est notre meilleure possibilité de les faire plier !
    La résistance s'organise mais nous avons besoin de tous. Enlevez les étoiles sur playstore et équivalent et postez sur leur forum, peu importe la langue utilisée. Merci.