Something has to be done about the Arena lockout (suggestions welcome)

Replies

• Options
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • Options
    i'm ok with it

i'd love to know WHEN i'm getting attacked tho and the ones getting attacked (like a red dot or something)

or be able to see the live attack of who's attacking me

I like the idea of showing who is busy. I wasted a refresh yesterday trying to grab the #2 spot from #6, to find that all the top 5 spots were already engaged and I had no one to fight. If I could have seen that I didn't have any available fights, wouldn't have bothered.
  • Megadeth3700
    1017 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    As we all know, players like to lock down the top spots by remaining in combat perpetually until payout time. This is becoming more prevalent as the level of competition catches up and there are tens or people vying for those spots at the same time.

My idea is both
    A- Reward the player for the highest rank they achieved throughout the day and
    B- Drastically reduce the payout so it doesn't hurt EA/CG in the long run and people continue to purchase crystals etc.

Whether you agree with me or not, I think most people who are in this situation of spamming combat and timing refreshes would like a resolution to this problem.

I agree with your first point. It's rather annoying to have to devote 1-2 hours a day before payout to take a top rank. Especially now that with the payout moving back an hour I don't even get a chance to compete. There are tons of people who don't even have a chance simply due to personal schedules. Making the payout to include best rank for the day I think would be best and most fair for the vast majority.

I'm thinking that they could do two things in regards to the payout. Give a smaller shard payout based off of the best rank you achieved that day. As well as have a lager payout for what rank you hold by payout time. If they did the amounts right then the top spot would still get the amount they are getting now. Here is my suggested new payout system.

SHARDS PAYOUT

Rank - Current - Daily Best - Updated Final Rank Payout
    1 ---- 500 ---- 150 ---- 350
    2 ---- 450 ---- 140 ---- 310
    3 ---- 400 ---- 130 ---- 270
    4 ---- 350 ---- 120 ---- 230
    5 ---- 300 ---- 110 ---- 190
    10 ---- 250 ---- 100 ---- 150
    20 ---- 200 ---- 75 ---- 125
    50 ---- 150 ---- 50 ---- 100
    100 ----100 ---- 25 ---- 75
    200 ---- 75 ---- 20 ---- 55
    500 ---- 60 ---- 15 ---- 45
    1000 --- 50 ---- 10 ---- 40
    2500 --- 40 ---- 5 ---- 35

Examples:
    1. For the first two examples lets say this person works evenings and can only plays in the morning and spend one refresh. If they start in top 50 and get to first place (locks in 150 shards) but then got knocked back to top 50 (100 more) by payout time 10 hours later. They would end up getting 250 shards. 100 more shards than they currently are getting.

2. Starts in top 100 and works down to top 20 (75 shards) and gets knocked to top 100 (75) by payout. They would get a total of 150 shards. 50 more than before.

3. Person plays an hour or two before payout time and fights to block and take first. They took first (150 Shards) end up getting sniped to 4th (230) by payout. They would get 380 shards. 30 more than before but still 120 less than first place.

Basically, players who do do all 5-10 battles (1-2 hours) will get a minor reward for taking the time to get the best rank their team can achieve. Naturally, players who have good enough teams to take top ranks will result in a slightly larger reward that those who's "best rank of the day" is not in top ranks.
    There are two other very important thing to point out by addressing the payout this way. First is, anyone who holds their best rank will not see a decrease in their rewards. Secondly, If all top 5 players took first at some point, the final payout for each rank wouldn't actually change much. They would be battle for 40 shard upgrade between the ranks instead of the current 50.

Post edited by Megadeth3700 on
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options
    Decrease the rewards for #1?????? Then what the F is the point of getting #1?? Just let it be. I have no issues. You stated you get #1 daily then that means you have no issues. Give them 1st for highest rank achieved? Why no just ask for everyone to get 1st lol?? I do not have problem with current system. Maybe I'd add a server chat
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Options
    This suggestion is (imo) only valid if they increase AI. Because of the way AI works now, that would basically mean everyone can be #1 at a certain point during the day. What you are basically saying is:
    Don't work with payout times. We can't all be number 1 :)

I can already tell you this is never going to happen. Even if you cut rewards in half, at least 50-100 persons will be #1 during the day.

439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    Reposting my answer to the same question in poll form.

I don't get into the politics and mechanics of rankings in arena, though I probably should. It kind of reminds me of the "tactics" used in soccer. I find the shenanigans that goes on with people finding their arena mates and colluding with them on rankings to be a bit distasteful, cheating actually. The locking out and sniping and other tactics also to be cheating. Some people seem to base their entire game play around gaming the system on arena rankings. . I think EA should start handing out bans to people that manipulate the game to gain free crystals.
  • V1p3rdyn4sty
    2674 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    That's the best part of this game. Battling it out for top rank at payout time.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Options
    As we all know, players like to lock down the top spots by remaining in combat perpetually until payout time. This is becoming more prevalent as the level of competition catches up and there are tens or people vying for those spots at the same time.

My idea is both
    A- Reward the player for the highest rank they achieved throughout the day and
    B- Drastically reduce the payout so it doesn't hurt EA/CG in the long run and people continue to purchase crystals etc.

Whether you agree with me or not, I think most people who are in this situation of spamming combat and timing refreshes would like a resolution to this problem.
    +1 - it would help ppl, who have to work at or close to the payout-time ...
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Snoochiebear
    292 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    why not just take the top 10 players every night and put them into a draft as to who gets what for rewards.

Or have a rotating time at which payouts are calculated throughout the day,

Say 5 different times that payouts happen, and they vary randomly daily.
  • Options
    Dropped in here by mistake. Sorry!

P.S.: You want that no 1 spot? Work at it. Not interested or you're no 1 anyways? What are you doing here?
  • Options
    They should add a missed turn penalty if you wait more than 10 seconds between attacks. That would make matches go quicker instead of those longer lock outs because the way it is now people are just killing 4 squad members then waiting 4 minutes to kill the last one with a few seconds left. I mean speed is the meta atm right? I'm sure squads get squashed in under a minute anyways. And if the ones doing the lockout are losing the match then they just wait out the time so no one can "snipe" them and they get a draw and keep their rank.

This game isn't like chess where you need 5 minutes to make a move to checkmate. Ten seconds is plenty enough time to decide what your next move is. Anything more than that is time manipulation to their benefit plain and simple.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    Funny it's always those who loose who want the rules changed. Id hate to play monopoly with some of you.
  • Options
    J7000 wrote: »
    Funny it's always those who loose who want the rules changed. Id hate to play monopoly with some of you.

There are rules then there is manipulating the game. Your ahead in a game of monopoly. It's your turn to roll the dice. But you don't cause you have to go finish cooking before the wife gets home. So Im stuck waiting on you. Time passes and I now have to leave. Who wins the game of monopoly?
  • Options

There are rules then there is manipulating the game. Your ahead in a game of monopoly. It's your turn to roll the dice. But you don't cause you have to go finish cooking before the wife gets home. So Im stuck waiting on you. Time passes and I now have to leave. Who wins the game of monopoly?

The name is apt! My mind is now totally beeped :lol:!
  • Cythis
    273 posts Member
    Options
    Sniping is the only real player vs player interaction. 15 minutes a day it gives a nice rush.

I would rather see the time spent building a stellar Guild War System.
  • Options
    Cythis wrote: »
    Sniping is the only real player vs player interaction. 15 minutes a day it gives a nice rush.

I would rather see the time spent building a stellar Guild War System.

+1
  • Options
    Today i have been 4 Hours on Rank 1, 1 guy sniped me from 5:50-5:55 to Rank 4, bought a refresh and locked me another 4 Minutes. I was missing about 1 or 2 seconds to fight me back to Rank 1 in Time.
    Kinds Sicks, i Even had a day Off and tried to defend, butt the System just SUCKS
  • Options
    i dunno

forgot to attack today

only used 2 (not in last hour) and finished 3rd

got lucky
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Both ideas terrible........

Here is a better idea, if we are online when we get attacked, it should put us in the battle automatically so we can activly defend. If we are not, we risk the AI handing over a battle and dropping our rank. Its that simple. Cant lock me out if i am defending myself cause I will mop you and then wait on the next poor soul who tries to snipe me outta 1st (thats the theory anyway)
  • bbmiLo
    378 posts Member
    Options
    Simda wrote: »
    There is absolutely no risk for number 1 to challenge number 3. This is a problem because there is no downside at 5:54pm.

then why don't you be in that position then?? lol.
  • LordStyling
    1461 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Abyss wrote: »

Here is a better idea, if we are online when we get attacked, it should put us in the battle automatically so we can activly defend. If we are not, we risk the AI handing over a battle and dropping our rank. Its that simple. Cant lock me out if i am defending myself cause I will mop you and then wait on the next poor soul who tries to snipe me outta 1st (thats the theory anyway)

that would be a siiiiick idea
    +1

edit: he could still just not use his attacks and let timer run out
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Options
    It does bite the big one when your locked out . I know too well was just locked out 30 minutes ago . I'm not going whine just tip my hat too kyodimos and his droids. You got me back from yesterday when I did same too you . I kinda like the cat and mouse games at payout with the clock management but that's just me.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options

that would be a siiiiick idea
    +1

edit: he could still just not use his attacks and let timer run out

Not if hes trying to snipe me ;) the trick here woyld be opposite as now.
    Now its best to be in spots 2-5 and snipe 1st
    With my idea, the advantage wouod be to the player who clawed their way up and now must defend.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options

I face the same thing everyone else does at payout time and I've learned to make the rules work to my benefit earning me 450-500 crystals every day for a long time. I didn't ask for the rules to be changed I just learned to make them work for me. When and if the rules change I'll adapt. Not sure others Will or are able to do the same.
  • Plasmaj
    297 posts Member
    Options
    There are clearly people who like the current system, but I can't imagine this is ideal for many people. Who wants to have a designated time each day where they have to play a mobile app? Getting to the top can be exciting at first, but having to do it day after day, week after week, month after month is just a chore with no real reward. The same time every day. When you would prefer to keep up with life/family/job commitments.

On top of that, there is no intrinsic challenge. Any team in the top 20 can beat any other 95% of the time unless RNG goes against them. So the only "skill" is being able to block out your life for 15 minutes to focus on a mobile app.

I don't have any experience with other games of this type, so this just might be how it is. But how long can people reasonably expect to continue to have fun at this?
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Plasmaj wrote: »
    There are clearly people who like the current system, but I can't imagine this is ideal for many people. Who wants to have a designated time each day where they have to play a mobile app? Getting to the top can be exciting at first, but having to do it day after day, week after week, month after month is just a chore with no real reward. The same time every day. When you would prefer to keep up with life/family/job commitments.

On top of that, there is no intrinsic challenge. Any team in the top 20 can beat any other 95% of the time unless RNG goes against them. So the only "skill" is being able to block out your life for 15 minutes to focus on a mobile app.

I don't have any experience with other games of this type, so this just might be how it is. But how long can people reasonably expect to continue to have fun at this?

Then dont try for a top spot, is that simple. You mentioned being "forced" to do this but no one is forcing you to do anything. You make the choice and live with the cosequences plain an simple
  • Plasmaj
    297 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

Then dont try for a top spot, is that simple. You mentioned being "forced" to do this but no one is forcing you to do anything. You make the choice and live with the cosequences plain an simple

Exactly. Stop playing is the only solution. Do you think that is what EA/CG wants? For more people to stop playing, and hard core people with nothing else to do to be the only ones left playing.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options

Exactly. Stop playing is the only solution. Do you think that is what EA/CG wants? For more people to stop playing, and hard core people with nothing else to do to be the only ones left playing.

Yes and realize that those of us who benefit from the current system will just adapt to whatever change there is. People who succede will generally always do so and won't expect the rules to change to do it. Truth, beyond this game.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options

I never said stop playing. Your jumping to extremes. I said you can chose to (or not to) fight for a top spot. No one is forcing you to do so
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options

Yes and realize that those of us who benefit from the current system will just adapt to whatever change there is. People who succede will generally always do so and won't expect the rules to change to do it. Truth, beyond this game.

+1