Roster 03/22/2016: Goal of getting all toons 7-star, level 70, and gear 7 almost complete

Replies

• Guni
    30 posts Member
    Options
    Timitock wrote: »
    So... Your plan is to make a stun team, and you choose CUP and Urr*** over Eeth Koth and Ventress?

Yes, because Eeth only stuns droids and Ventress stun chance is 15% less than CUP and 25% less than Urr at level 80. Plus Ventress makes those two look extremely fast by comparison.
  • Options
    Wow, that's quite the collection. None of my business, but curious on how much did this roster end up costing you?
  • Options
    OMG OMG OMG. :open_mouth:
    Anyway, this is what you gonna do:
    you gonna use Poe (L), Finn, rey, Resistance trooper, and Resistance Pilot.
    And then you gonna tell me, if the crits and exposes, and turn meters gains we see in description is REALLY that crazy.
    plz. You are my only hope! (because i plan on getting Resistance team, and my RP alrdy in 5*. so i need to know if perhaps will be better to give it up)

@SidiousIsPikachu
    Tried it... not so great. Poe and resistance pilot best of the bunch there.
    I don't see Finn bringing a lot to the table there. Resistance Trooper kind of surprises me, though. With Poe and RP exposing people, he should get a lot of turns. Also, his damage according to the websites is top 10 or so. You sure that they wouldn't be good with say RG instead of Finn - the fastest they have are Rey and Poe so I worry that a speed team would take out Rey before they even move.

Also, would you give me a bit of help? I've been running Dooku (L), Rey, RP, HRS and Poe. They are all pretty much maxed and without having Geo, FOTP, etc these are the best damage dealers that I have. I also have ST Han maxed, Ackbar, and a 4* RG at about 11k HP, Old Ben, Phasma, Sid, Lumi. Do you think I am running the best team I can with this set up? I can't decide on a tank for one thing...I have no problems if I can stun QGJ or 88 doesn't miraculously dodge something but I do not win on offense all the time and of course, defense I can drop from 1 to 30. I just wanted to hear your thoughts and I appreciate if you respond. Thanks!

☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • Options
    I could get all of my toons to gear 7 in next few days, but with the looming update I've been holding on to everything I can. I have inpatient fingers, so it might actually happen before update.... who knows

(YAWN)

Well aren't you the hero.

Too bad we can't compete against each other in guild-wide battles. Would be fun to out-play you.
  • Options
    Cyllervion wrote: »
    How is Tarkin(L) Veers Vader Snowtrooper Magmatrooper combo? Empire speed aoe team. I'm very curious if I want to level star and gear these toons

How do you want to lvl star those toons who are almost all not farmable?

Well I've gotten a lot of Tarkin and Snowtrooper shards back when I first started playing and bought many chromiums. I also forgot that Magmatrooper is going to be stuck at one star lol
  • Options
    Ello_Asty wrote: »
    OMG OMG OMG. :open_mouth:
    Anyway, this is what you gonna do:
    you gonna use Poe (L), Finn, rey, Resistance trooper, and Resistance Pilot.
    And then you gonna tell me, if the crits and exposes, and turn meters gains we see in description is REALLY that crazy.
    plz. You are my only hope! (because i plan on getting Resistance team, and my RP alrdy in 5*. so i need to know if perhaps will be better to give it up)

@SidiousIsPikachu
    Tried it... not so great. Poe and resistance pilot best of the bunch there.
    I don't see Finn bringing a lot to the table there. Resistance Trooper kind of surprises me, though. With Poe and RP exposing people, he should get a lot of turns. Also, his damage according to the websites is top 10 or so. You sure that they wouldn't be good with say RG instead of Finn - the fastest they have are Rey and Poe so I worry that a speed team would take out Rey before they even move.

Also, would you give me a bit of help? I've been running Dooku (L), Rey, RP, HRS and Poe. They are all pretty much maxed and without having Geo, FOTP, etc these are the best damage dealers that I have. I also have ST Han maxed, Ackbar, and a 4* RG at about 11k HP, Old Ben, Phasma, Sid, Lumi. Do you think I am running the best team I can with this set up? I can't decide on a tank for one thing...I have no problems if I can stun QGJ or 88 doesn't miraculously dodge something but I do not win on offense all the time and of course, defense I can drop from 1 to 30. I just wanted to hear your thoughts and I appreciate if you respond. Thanks!

@Ello_Asty
    Why not the maxed han? My opinion, but his value is more in comparison to Poe these days. His ability to net your whole squad turn meter gain is superior to a potentially resistable turn meter reduction for opponents.
    If and when you do get RG starred up, I'd stick him in the mix. I think he's the best tank around.
    Also, you really do need to work on anether DPS toon. Geo is good, and if they don't nerf him, he'll have an assisting attacks every turn.
    Other than that, I do believe you are running a good squad.
  • Options
    I worry that Han is too slow and too low of health to get the benefit of his potential value. Poe can usually at least get some value out of his abilities. Also, RG is already better than them both. He can at least let Rey get some damage off on defense while stunning a few. I could get Geo up really quickly but who do I take out? I'm thinking HRS or maybe the tank. I'll figure it out. Thanks for the response.
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • Options
    Awesome roster! Congrats on it!

Could I get your input? I'm currently working on a clone synergy team of Rex (L), CS, Fives, RG and Daka. Do you think I should replace Daka with someone, maybe QGJ or 5* Rey?

Also, I have a 6* Darth Maul, 7* Sid, 7* Savage, 6* Dooku. Probably will work on getting them to 7* for DS missions in the future. But I'd appreciate your thoughts on Sith synergy as it stands now and in the future. I would personally probably use either maul or Dooku at lead, with either Daka or RG as the last spot.
  • Options
    Good work YoYoYoda.
    Looks great!
  • YoYoYoda369
    181 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I could get all of my toons to gear 7 in next few days, but with the looming update I've been holding on to everything I can. I have inpatient fingers, so it might actually happen before update.... who knows

(YAWN)

Too bad we can't compete against each other in guild-wide battles. Would be fun to out-play you.

@ModernThinker
    There is an old quote- "it is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt".
    If and when the devs do finally institute guilds and ensuing battles, I will gladly provide you with enough to rethink your statement. "Fun" would be an experience not for yourself.

Also, your guild (whomever you may be associated with) will have to face the entirety of Team Instinct. We are legion... remember that, my friend.
  • Options
    Itzjaybay wrote: »
    Awesome roster! Congrats on it!

Could I get your input? I'm currently working on a clone synergy team of Rex (L), CS, Fives, RG and Daka. Do you think I should replace Daka with someone, maybe QGJ or 5* Rey?

Also, I have a 6* Darth Maul, 7* Sid, 7* Savage, 6* Dooku. Probably will work on getting them to 7* for DS missions in the future. But I'd appreciate your thoughts on Sith synergy as it stands now and in the future. I would personally probably use either maul or Dooku at lead, with either Daka or RG as the last spot.

@Itzjaybay
    I like the squad you are pursuing! I, myself, think that clones will be a decent build post update. Their abilities get crazy at higher levels.

• YoYoYoda369
    181 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    BentWookie wrote: »
    Good work YoYoYoda.
    Looks great!

@BentWookie
    Thanks!
    Your roster may not be where mine is, but your moderator skills are far superior than I could ever hope to obtain!
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Options
    Best looking roster I've ever seen :) nice job
  • Options
    Wow dude, nice. Have you messed around with

Ackbar (lead)
    ST Han
    Biggs
    HRS
    Leia

I'm thinking ahead to a secondary team and I went up against a Rebel team that had some nice synergy to it. In the new meta I think they might be a little better too. Just curious.
  • Options
    This is just....amazing.
  • Options
    Haters will hate, i say congrats on an awesome job, impressive to say the least.
  • Options
    Haters will hate, i say congrats on an awesome job, impressive to say the least.

Agree 100%. Awesome job @YoYoYoda369, more power to you!
  • Options
    DV_27 wrote: »
    This is just....amazing.

@DV_27 @JohnnySteelAlpha @BertSidious @Azraelrulez

Thanks, everyone!

Ackbar (lead)
    ST Han
    Biggs
    HRS
    Leia

I'm thinking ahead to a secondary team and I went up against a Rebel team that had some nice synergy to it. In the new meta I think they might be a little better too. Just curious.

@Darth_Jay77

Yes, a rebel squad does have nice synergies! But, the speed/dps meta just slaughters it quickly. I think it will be viable post update, but needs some modifications. Ackbar is horrible at dishing out damage, Leia need rng on her side to be effective, and Biggs is just kind of meh...
    Maybe splashing in another non-rebel dps would help, but quite honestly, I don't know. This update could change everything dramatically.
  • Options

(YAWN)

@ModernThinker
    There is an old quote- "it is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt".
    If and when the devs do finally institute guilds and ensuing battles, I will gladly provide you with enough to rethink your statement. "Fun" would be an experience not for yourself.

Also, your guild (whomever you may be associated with) will have to face the entirety of Team Instinct. We are legion... remember that, my friend.

Team instinct, Sounds lame. Hope we get a chance to square off. Finally see who's the big dog around here.

Honesty losing faith in guild events coming any time soon. Shame
  • Options
    DV_27 wrote: »
    This is just....amazing.

@DV_27 @JohnnySteelAlpha @BertSidious @Azraelrulez

Thanks, everyone!

Ackbar (lead)
    ST Han
    Biggs
    HRS
    Leia

@Darth_Jay77

Yes, a rebel squad does have nice synergies! But, the speed/dps meta just slaughters it quickly. I think it will be viable post update, but needs some modifications. Ackbar is horrible at dishing out damage, Leia need rng on her side to be effective, and Biggs is just kind of meh...
    Maybe splashing in another non-rebel dps would help, but quite honestly, I don't know. This update could change everything dramatically.

Yeah see I was thinking that after the update characters like Biggs might be better, HRS will still be solid. Not sure. I'm just saving GW shards and start saving Arena shards once I have 7-star EK for Yoda.
  • Options
    Lol. You think I'm a fool? I'm not the one who started a general discussion thread about myself and how proud I was of my gaming accomplishments. : )

You need to have a little thicker skin for some trolling when you do something like what you've done, my friend.

Hopefully we can compare talents on the battlefield sometime soon. If there's room for me on it, that is, what with you and all your 7* 7-gear toons and all.

Devs...! When are guilds coming???
  • LordAlvert
    1193 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Awesome work @YoYoYoda369. My question is how deep into the normal energy refreshes did you go every day to gear these guys? I click on 200 sometimes and feel bad about it. I mostly do cantina to 400 but assume you don't need cantina with the chromiums....

Also super curious what your next goal is... and any particular strategy for level 80. All the guys up ASAP or the ewoks??
  • Options
    LordAlvert wrote: »
    Awesome work @YoYoYoda369. My question is how deep into the normal energy refreshes did you go every day to gear these guys? I click on 200 sometimes and feel bad about it. I mostly do cantina to 400 but assume you don't need cantina with the chromiums....

Also super curious what your next goal is... and any particular strategy for level 80. All the guys up ASAP or the ewoks??

@LordAlvert
    Not sure exactly what my next path will be. This update has a lot of unkowns.
    I do refreshes on cantina and missions to 400 daily.
  • YoYoYoda369
    181 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Lol. You think I'm a fool? I'm not the one who started a general discussion thread about myself and how proud I was of my gaming accomplishments. : )

You need to have a little thicker skin for some trolling when you do something like what you've done, my friend.

Hopefully we can compare talents on the battlefield sometime soon. If there's room for me on it, that is, what with you and all your 7* 7-gear toons and all.

Devs...! When are guilds coming???

@ModernThinker
    Thanks for the reply! What's trolling?
  • Options
    Yoyoyoda369 is known for his Premiere team. I can't even imagine having all the characters to play with. One thing you can do is be on the pulse of synergy since you have every player for testing....

EA and CG should be giving you far more content, especially customers like yourself.
  • Options
    Yoyoyoda369 is known for his Premiere team. I can't even imagine having all the characters to play with. One thing you can do is be on the pulse of synergy since you have every player for testing....

EA and CG should be giving you far more content, especially customers like yourself.

@ioniancat21
    I have been pleading and begging for more content for some time. I'm amazed that EA/CG hasn't figured out that they're losing player base due to the lack of things to do. They've got huge potential, yet they're so wrapped up in the combat aspect. I just don't understand...

The only reason I've stuck around this long is (obviously) because I've made a a large commitment to this game.
  • Options
    Nice man. But that Chirpa and Magmatrooer are mocking you with their measly little star count. ;)
  • ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

@ioniancat21
    I have been pleading and begging for more content for some time. I'm amazed that EA/CG hasn't figured out that they're losing player base due to the lack of things to do. They've got huge potential, yet they're so wrapped up in the combat aspect. I just don't understand...

The only reason I've stuck around this long is (obviously) because I've made a a large commitment to this game.

We both know the trouble EA/CG are in if they don't turn this around. I am also hanging in here and it's only because I love my Guild and it's members and Leadership. If I didn't join, I would have been gone back in January when I realized they were all talk, no content. Great players from Instinct and TNR have stepped away and they were the customers any company would covet and do anything to keep. It's not like customers who can afford thousands in IAP are a dime a dozen!!!!

The beautiful part about our comments is that we represent the two opposite player strategies with me being a 100% free player and you being the opposite.

Go take a look at @YoYoYoda369's screenshots above and do the math EA/CG!!! Is this the guy you want stepping away???
  • Options
    How many packs do you think you went through in order to get Aayla up to 6 / 7 stars?
  • Options
    I don't want anyone stepping away. The group I'm in has whales who truly maxed (gear 8 and 9) every character in the game and did so weeks ago. Perhaps Yoyoyoda started a bit after they did, regardless, there are many who have done it. They all have maxed General Grievous as well (like, the day he came out) and they still have shards left over. None of them have made forum threads about themselves, but hey...

I want to compete against ALL other players as part of guild vs. guild competition. Rivalry between guilds will help to keep individuals motivated to strengthen both their inventories and their strategies/gameplay.

But without rivalry, whales and free grinders alike are all getting pretty bored...

And full, maxed out decks mean very little once you've finished them. I guess there's nothing left to do before you quit the game but gloat.