Roster 03/22/2016: Goal of getting all toons 7-star, level 70, and gear 7 almost complete

13Next

Replies

• LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    Im building a rebel team but i have no idea how it performs max, can you try Ackbar(L),Han,HRS,Biggs,Rey, im hoping the squad is viable in top 10 purely cause i like playing factions and very much bored of gs.
    {RotE}
  • ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    The group I'm in has whales who truly maxed (gear 8 and 9) every character in the game and did so weeks ago.

Hey @ModernThinker, what Guild are you part of???

The reason I ask is because there are not many "whale only" based Guilds in the game outside of Instinct. Your Guild should have a thread in the Player Guilds area so you can show off you and your team, it's leaders, etc!!

I'm part of TNR and we have a large variety of players from whales to free players.....

• Options
    @ModernThinker I take umbrage at your name considering your small-minded reaction. Seeing you only have 8 posts, you must have missed this before. Yoyo started one of these threads some time ago. Here is the original post:
    https://youtu.be/1sl9tRMPbXk

Comment if you'd like to see certain squad set ups and I'll be happy to post them for you. (I'm working on maxing out my droids, but that will be probably be towards the end of next week.)

I'm happy to help those who have questions about different squad combos...
    My goal is to help save on farming time for those who are unsure if they are headed in the right direction. Hopefully I can give some insight into team synergies for those who want it.
    I really do not see that he is gloating. I do not see him bragging about how much money his parents had to put into this for him. In actuality, he has answered questions that many of us had in both threads and continues to do so. He is also handling you in a much more mature way than I choose to, I prefer to call you out on it. I appreciate his input and willingness to comment based on his experience with chars I do not have yet before I spend a lot of effort on them. I do not appreciate it when someone's own lack of self-worth takes away from a potentially helpful thread. I have witnessed this in another thread in the guides subforum and hope you let it go.

That is all.
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • Options
    LaLiam wrote: »
    Im building a rebel team but i have no idea how it performs max, can you try Ackbar(L),Han,HRS,Biggs,Rey, im hoping the squad is viable in top 10 purely cause i like playing factions and very much bored of gs.

@LaLiam I'll weigh in. They can get some attacks off pretty quickly but your offense, despite decent boom from HRS, is dependent on Rey. Biggs and HRS do not make up for it. They really need Leia, period. I took them in against TweetTromp as rewards were already out and I found myself wanting to replace them ASAP before I lost ranking overnight. It was not a pretty picture. Also, as you might have missed this since we got off topic thanks to modern thinker there:
    DV_27 wrote: »
    Best looking roster I've ever seen :) nice job
    This is just....amazing.
    Haters will hate, i say congrats on an awesome job, impressive to say the least.
    Haters will hate, i say congrats on an awesome job, impressive to say the least.

Agree 100%. Awesome job @YoYoYoda369, more power to you!

@DV_27 @JohnnySteelAlpha @BertSidious @Azraelrulez

Thanks, everyone!

Wow dude, nice. Have you messed around with

Ackbar (lead)
    ST Han
    Biggs
    HRS
    Leia

I'm thinking ahead to a secondary team and I went up against a Rebel team that had some nice synergy to it. In the new meta I think they might be a little better too. Just curious.

@Darth_Jay77

Yes, a rebel squad does have nice synergies! But, the speed/dps meta just slaughters it quickly. I think it will be viable post update, but needs some modifications. Ackbar is horrible at dishing out damage, Leia need rng on her side to be effective, and Biggs is just kind of meh...
    Maybe splashing in another non-rebel dps would help, but quite honestly, I don't know. This update could change everything dramatically.

☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • Options
    @Ello_Asty , don't mind him, he should to be ignored in at least this thread. Parent's money or your own hard owned money, some of us strive to live with the chips dealt. And I see no reason for anyone to apologize for being born in a rich family. Some have it easy, some hard. It's life. What matters is our own opinion about ourselves and how we deal with the world. I like to share in anyone's good/ bad fortune. Some just want to cry. Let em.
  • Options
    R9xITmv.png
    2sMreyZ.png
    bhTFmhH.png
    m0hkwTR.png
    8IhC9rT.png
    H4pRHeH.png
    YaUyoc8.png

"Most impressive!"
  • Options
    To be honest @ModernThinker he wasn't gloating, he opened the thread to share information about potential team formations for players who don't have a squad like his. There are many others over at Instinct that have teams like this and these days, Instinct has been open with their information and finding about the game and this is good, it helps our community here. In the end, this is just a game!!

I am a free player so I don't have a team like his but it's helpful to have @YoYoYoda369 around to bounce team ideas off of. What could be worse than building a team only to find they're ineffective!!!
  • Options
    That is an amazing collection, I know you are probably being bombarded with questions. Was curious to find out if you ever ran the following and your impressions.

Asajj Ventress (leader)
    Old Daka
    Talia (or Initiate)
    ST Han Solo
    Poggle
    Could potentially be a speed team with huge crits and TM manipulation with tons of stunning. All max GL, Lvl 70 and max skills.

• Options
    Well @YoYoYoda369 what's the best scoundrel leader in your opinion? I finished my Droids and started on them since I like greedo. Was thinking of Lando because he increases speed and crit damage.
  • Options
    I don't want anyone stepping away. The group I'm in has whales who truly maxed (gear 8 and 9) every character in the game and did so weeks ago. Perhaps Yoyoyoda started a bit after they did, regardless, there are many who have done it. They all have maxed General Grievous as well (like, the day he came out) and they still have shards left over. None of them have made forum threads about themselves, but hey...

I want to compete against ALL other players as part of guild vs. guild competition. Rivalry between guilds will help to keep individuals motivated to strengthen both their inventories and their strategies/gameplay.

But without rivalry, whales and free grinders alike are all getting pretty bored...

And full, maxed out decks mean very little once you've finished them. I guess there's nothing left to do before you quit the game but gloat.

Or maybe he is a source of information where people can ask questions and get good info. Great your a whale we are all whales, and no one cares.

• Options
    @ModernThinker @AnonymousHamster I think I remember you now, it's been a month since we last spoke. How are you feeling these days???
  • zaza
    48 posts Member
    Options
    so is grivous maxed worth it?
  • Options
    zaza wrote: »
    so is grivous maxed worth it?

Yeah, would love to see some Droid team game play with GG in there.
  • Options
    Nice and sad at the same time.
    I have the same goal but didn't set a time limit.
    It's done, when it's done.
    But thx for paying EA's bills to keep the game alive for all of us.
    Im am still a bit impressed. There sure are a lot of guys who could have done it (financially), but they didn't. And you just threw the money into the game. Nice move
  • Options
    I could get all of my toons to gear 7 in next few days, but with the looming update I've been holding on to everything I can. I have inpatient fingers, so it might actually happen before update.... who knows

(YAWN)

Well aren't you the hero.

Too bad we can't compete against each other in guild-wide battles. Would be fun to out-play you.

@ModernThinker
    There is an old quote- "it is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt".
    If and when the devs do finally institute guilds and ensuing battles, I will gladly provide you with enough to rethink your statement. "Fun" would be an experience not for yourself.

Also, your guild (whomever you may be associated with) will have to face the entirety of Team Instinct. We are legion... remember that, my friend.

Team instinct, Sounds lame. Hope we get a chance to square off. Finally see who's the big dog around here.

Honesty losing faith in guild events coming any time soon. Shame

Be careful what you wish for....
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • AnonymousHamster
    85 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    @ModernThinker @AnonymousHamster I think I remember you now, it's been a month since we last spoke. How are you feeling these days???

Don't think we spoke. I'm good. Would be better if I could battle all you whales. getting tired of the same old " look at how much I spent" posts. I just hope I'm still here playing when guild events form. Nothing more satisfying then Turing a P2w into pay 2 lose :wink:

May the force be with you
  • XCOM
    250 posts Member
    Options

Don't think we spoke. I'm good. Would be better if I could battle all you whales. getting tired of the same old " look at how much I spent" posts. I just hope I'm still here playing when guild events form. Nothing more satisfying then Turing a P2w into pay 2 lose :wink:

U r forgetting is for some it's not p2w, it's p2p (pay 2 play)... We don't wanna wait... Winning is just icing on the cake... I don't care if you beat me with your only droid team... At the high level many compositions work... It's just fun to do it with different characters... Like Maul, RG, Yoda, Leia... I have droids starred up but refuse to use em... NOT fun, even though effective... Who'd wanna use HK (looks like a brown hummer-head), if wasn't for the buff. But hey, if waiting for 3 month for a character just to claim u r f2p is your thing go for it... I don't want to, and refuse to feel bad about it, despite your wishes... And stop masquerading your jealousy as some sort of noble cause... Just say thank u to those that make it happen for you ... ****
  • Options
    So sad!

^this.... You think this will be an achievement? It just took spending money.
  • AnonymousHamster
    85 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    XCOM wrote: »

U r forgetting is for some it's not p2w, it's p2p (pay 2 play)... We don't wanna wait... Winning is just icing on the cake... I don't care if you beat me with your only droid team... At the high level many compositions work... It's just fun to do it with different characters... Like Maul, RG, Yoda, Leia... I have droids starred up but refuse to use em... NOT fun, even though effective... Who'd wanna use HK (looks like a brown hummer-head), if wasn't for the buff. But hey, if waiting for 3 month for a character just to claim u r f2p is your thing go for it... I don't want to, and refuse to feel bad about it, despite your wishes... And stop masquerading your jealousy as some sort of noble cause... Just say thank u to those that make it happen for you ... ****

Look I'm just trying to stress we need guilds, more pvp events. They make money putting whales against whales. I don't see urge to spend and build advanced teams if I can only test in my arena. Also who cares about what works on my arena. I know I'm limited to players that started with me. I want to face the best, it's only way to see how a build really holds up.

Btw No droid team here. I was building a poggle, geo, Tusken, URoRRuR'R'R team before this new toon was dropped. I respect you not building droid team. I won't build dooku team either.

@YoYoYoda369 think it's awesome you test builds for people. But until we get a real pvp mode it doesn't really show much.

@EA_Jesse throwing level increases gives us more busy work. Can you shed some light on plans for new pvp content.
  • Options
    @ello_Asty, thank you for some history and background. You see: "selfless charity and benefaction", I see: "look at me and listen to all I know, 'cause I think pretty highly of myself". Your perspective is your own, as is mine.

@ioniancat21, the group I'm in doesn't need a recruiting presence on these forums. We are former whales from a game we are exiting, where we have all spent two years at the top. We thought this would be a fun, next thing, but it's really starting to drag. Our biggest challenge at the moment is deciding what to call our group. Sadly, the epic name of Team Instinct seems to be already taken.

I've derailed this poor thread enough. You folks can go back to it. You're all invited to come derail my thread in the Guilds Section.

WHEN ARE GUILDS COMING?
  • Options
    R9xITmv.png
    2sMreyZ.png
    bhTFmhH.png
    m0hkwTR.png
    8IhC9rT.png
    H4pRHeH.png
    YaUyoc8.png

Super jealous!!! That looks amazing. The freedom and creativeness that you can build different teams is endless! They should give a monster bonus for anyone who can unlock and level up max all toons.

• ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    @ioniancat21, the group I'm in doesn't need a recruiting presence on these forums. We are former whales from a game we are exiting, where we have all spent two years at the top. We thought this would be a fun, next thing, but it's really starting to drag. Our biggest challenge at the moment is deciding what to call our group. Sadly, the epic name of Team Instinct seems to be already taken.

Didn't know Team Instinct had an epic name, always learn something new!!! Have you ever considered Team Redemption???