Return of GAS

Replies

• Options
    The lack of any common sense in this thread just reinforces my opinion that you don’t have to be bright to have money and whale out.

Once again. HOW IS THE EVENT COMING A MONTH SOONER THAN EXPECTED MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE TO THOSE THAT SPENT MONEY TO GET GAS LAST TIME?!?

The real problem is the 5 star unlock. Not the timing of the return event. How are y’all not understanding that?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Ltswb1 wrote: »
    The lack of any common sense in this thread just reinforces my opinion that you don’t have to be bright to have money and whale out.

Once again. HOW IS THE EVENT COMING A MONTH SOONER THAN EXPECTED MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE TO THOSE THAT SPENT MONEY TO GET GAS LAST TIME?!?

The real problem is the 5 star unlock. Not the timing of the return event. How are y’all not understanding that?

People in glass houses....
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    How about a question that isn't an angry diatribe?

I've got everyone except C3PO, Shakt Ti, and the sep droids at G13, all of those mentioned are G12. Is that good enough to beat the event?
  • Options
    Yay!!! I’m ready to get gas now! Have 30k GET1 saved up so he’ll be 6 stars! Sad day to everyone who spent thousands of dollars to get him Day 1 but still don’t have him 7* yet. I feel very badly for you. I feel so terribly badly for all the poor unfortunate souls who basically have a useless non-meta toon but now we both do and mine will probably be even stronger since I’ve hoarded year so sad day for all you people. I feel your pain.
  • Options
    Dnoff423 wrote: »

I've got everyone except C3PO, Shakt Ti, and the sep droids at G13, all of those mentioned are G12. Is that good enough to beat the event?

i have heard that the 4th wave is very difficult without some relic'd droids (I think B1 and then droideka are the usual recommendations), but from what I have gathered g12 C3PO and Shaak are fine.

That said, also very interested in more responses from those who unlocked.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Monel
    2789 posts Member
    Options

Good job, CG. Never change.[/quote]

Great year book quote!

Also, have a nice summer!
  • Monel
    2789 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Gair wrote: »
    It's the holiday season. All those salty 7* werent paying attention to last year. We get literally almost all the events. Seems like a no brainer return.

Yup, in my guild, Fury, we were trying to make sure everyone would be ready by Christmas. Didnt expect, but based on last year we thought it possible.
  • Options
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    Starl0rd wrote: »
    Sounds like a bunch of children in here...

...no offense intended, but you're bringing the same argument to the table hoping for different results. You're definitely entitled to believe as you wish and to support whatever side of the debate you wish to stand on. There was no breaking of a promise. In the last 2 years, there hasn't been a cadence for characters like this or events like this. I don't want to waste time citing all the breaking of the norms, I'm sure you can figure it out.

I understand the reasoning, I just don't agree with it.

Whatever Nerd. You’re the same kid at the sleep over who needs to point out, “ actually guys it’s after midnight so it’s technically tomorrow”.

God you guys are insufferable with your constant need to show everyone how “right” you are...and it’s usually over some dumb technicality. Just stop.

...you make some great points. Thanks for the insight.
  • Options
    Mirkraag wrote: »
    Mirkraag wrote: »
    yes every whales, please stop spending hundreds (thousands) of dollars for just a digital toon. This is the only way to force CG to go back to normal micro transactions politics. We need this game to be more healthy.

You are responsible of the total nonsense that happen on this game. So control your addiction, and spend your money for a realistic trade (Come on, hundreds of dollar for a toon ??? Really ?)

And the company goes under and there is no game. Great solution mate. How about they stick to what they started regarding cadence to start off and focus on fixing the many issues in game instead of trying to **** off the ones that pay their salaries

I am sorry but no

Please read some papers on economics and you will see that a lot of games with minor microtransactions can do very very well. Just think on what you said, do you really think that whales are the saviors ? I think they are the cause of this madness. Do you really know a lot of games that practice such insane prices ? I dont think so.

Just no, stop spreading false judgment.

I am quite aware of what I said mate and also have an economics degree. However EA/CG aren't just some gaming company and have a history of shutting down games that are not supported by whaling. Agree 100% other gaming companies have minor microtransactions figured out but can't say the same for EA/CG. They have always lived off whaling and major prices above and beyond all other games.

Keep believing in EA all you want but there is nothing false about my comment there is way to much history to prove my point regarding these 2 companies.
  • Options

They are mad about not hving exclusive time for the 7star they just unlocked or havent yet gotten
  • Options
    Too early for me... Shaak Ti still 14/100 :-(
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Gair wrote: »
    It's the holiday season. All those salty 7* werent paying attention to last year. We get literally almost all the events. Seems like a no brainer return.

Lol this. Every year they bring a bunch back... jump in now.

I missed unlock due to shaak ti farm rng. Had i got more than 4 shard a week.... id have been ready. Now im good.

No GET saved.. using it to boost my 501st, so whales still ahead of me
  • Options
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    That said, also very interested in more responses from those who unlocked.

- all the gear is 100% “worth it”.
    - R4 B1 + g12+ ZDroideka is key. (Vent G13+)
    - Vs GG theres a strat more than a relic gate. So if you need to save resources... do it here.
    - Obi needs to tank. So Relic appropriately. But G12 Shaak And CPO are fine.
    - P4 is a checkpoint. Mods or Relics on B2 and Mags. The less you have of either the larger the headache.

Game sucks.... Goodluck. Hopefully the frustration doesn’t ruin your day... but I doubt it.

Thanks for the info. If Relic 4 B1 is key then I'll probably be waiting until next time because I doubt I can get him to G13 between now and then. Oh well. I'll be ready the next time it rolls around if I dont get it this time.
  • Options
    ShaggyB wrote: »

They are mad about not hving exclusive time for the 7star they just unlocked or havent yet gotten

Which has absolutely nothing to do with the return being moved up, and everything to do with them making the unlock at 5 stars. Having the date be at the beginning of Feb would have made the situation worse, not better. Because more FTP would be ready for the event in Feb and they would have more GET saved up.
  • Options
    I'm not even convinced he's worth 4 zetas and all the get1. I'll unlock him for free but probably leave him at g11 for a while.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    ShaggyB wrote: »

Which has absolutely nothing to do with the return being moved up, and everything to do with them making the unlock at 5 stars. Having the date be at the beginning of Feb would have made the situation worse, not better. Because more FTP would be ready for the event in Feb and they would have more GET saved up.

I'm not sure if you don't get it, or if you just want to make a point about GAS unlocking at 7 stars would have been preferable regardless of when the event returns.
    Obviously most (if not all) GAS owners would have prefered a 7* unlock.
  • Options
    Legend91 wrote: »
    Debuff wrote: »
    fm1a97mhf0h4.png
    I need 35 shards for the eta. Paid for 4th refresh today. Hoping i can get the rest of the shards by then.

And why refresh that much when there are 10 days left to farm? Math is hard I guess...

Some days with 15 tries i still manage to get only 1 shard

Luck is hard
  • Options
    I'm stoked that he's coming back early! The only requirement I was missing the last time around was C3PO (didn't wanna gear the bears). Now I have 3PO due to the Journey Guide. I'm excited to play through the event. Only 40k GET1 saved up though.
  • Options
    Pardon my ignorance, but where was this announced?
  • Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    Pardon my ignorance, but where was this announced?

Yesterdays Update notes
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
  • Options
    Dnoff423 wrote: »

Not even close...
  • Options
    Got my stash ready. I have enough to get everyone to the recommended gear levels.

What are the recommended Gear Levels?
  • Options
    I wonder if one unintended consequence of the Relic system is that a lot of people won't be willing to spend to rush to unlock characters.

When G11, and then G12 were the gear maximums, lower gear legendary and journey characters were still viable for that period of time where you were gearing them up. Thrawn / R2 / CLS / JTR / 3PO / Chewy / JKR / Malak - all of them.

With the Relic system in place, non-Relic characters have a hard time being competitive, especially since most competitive teams require multiple (or all) Relic'd toons at various levels. Given the time frame is so long to bring a character from G10 to R(pick a level), it's hard to justify spend on an unlock unless you're also going to be able to afford to gear them (either because you've been saving or because you're throwing additional dollars after it).
    Not really?

Getting new units to G12 overnight was a matter of hoarding. Gear is hard to hoard. Salvage and signal data are easy and everyone needs the same. Prepping to max a new unit isn't much harder now if you're in the habit of saving.

The rub is that you cannot get Malak to seven stars from the event and instead need GET, which could be hoarded but cannot be bought. And that's not all future characters. That's just mythics, which are only one release method.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    Well, shoot. I don't think I'm ready unless I give myself a Christmas present.

Need 32 ETA blueprints and 95 Shaak Ti shards, as well as 700 more GP (easy, but still needed) on MagnaGuard. Not only that, but my only relevant relics are Padme (3), Kenobi (1), and Ahsoka (1). Oh well. Next-next time!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    From the abundance of "Wheres Malak" threads I feel like CG did a good thing.

However like always, the good thing is now the bad thing.
  • Options
    Looking at Hux, they will probably remove the gear cap and allow u to G13 with your 5* Epic toon. Whale harder gentleman!