Return of GAS

1235Next

Replies

• Options
    Jouh wrote: »
    Looking at Hux, they will probably remove the gear cap and allow u to G13 with your 5* Epic toon. Whale harder gentleman!

No.

Just release GET packs
  • Options
    What a great Christmas Present. Hopefully I can get him this time around.
  • Options
    Baby_Yoda wrote: »
    From the abundance of "Wheres Malak" threads I feel like CG did a good thing.

However like always, the good thing is now the bad thing.

You'll always have people complaining about every move you make.

In this situation:

People who didn't quite get him the first time but we're close are like 'YAY!'.
    People who got him first are like '****?'
    People who are nowhere near him are either indifferent or come in here trolling and making ridiculously ignorant comments.

I can almost guarantee CG's actions on this have absoloute nothing to do with listening or caring about what the community wants though.
  • Options
    @Nikoms565 @JerrickKharr87

Nope, when I say I won’t spend again I won’t.

I was mostly F2P for two years until Malak, then I dropped some cash on him and felt it was a good ‘investment’ for the cash as I got a really meta toon before many others.

When GAS came around I thought, hey I can spend again on this kinda of toon. I shouldn’t have since it has given me nothing to show for. I can blame no one but myself, had buyers since so I’m not going down that road ever again.
  • Options
    CosmicJ wrote: »

Especially with a game this size. No matter what we're talking about, no matter how outlandish the idea, one percent of people believe it. There are a whole lot of players, a lot of lurkers, but not a lot of posters on this forum--but there are still so many people that even one percent looks like a lot.

Most folks just read each message and don't really pay attention to WHO posted it. But you'll notice any time there's a new complaint it's usually a different person.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    MajorP wrote: »

Nope, when I say I won’t spend again I won’t.

I was mostly F2P for two years until Malak, then I dropped some cash on him and felt it was a good ‘investment’ for the cash as I got a really meta toon before many others.

When GAS came around I thought, hey I can spend again on this kinda of toon. I shouldn’t have since it has given me nothing to show for. I can blame no one but myself, had buyers since so I’m not going down that road ever again.

Oh no - I don't doubt you. I just meant the general sentiment is a common refrain on the forums. In fact, I am in a similar place as you. After having started as a small spender (the crystal sub pack and an occasional pack here or there) I had been f2p for 2+ years - dropped $3 on one of the gear packs a few months back, then watched the Malak debacle, the GSky 5* unlock mess, the outages with no "sorry for the inconvenience" compensation, and the general ineptitude of every bugged release and nerf lately and am reminded of my decision over two years ago being the correct one.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    I wonder if one unintended consequence of the Relic system is that a lot of people won't be willing to spend to rush to unlock characters.

When G11, and then G12 were the gear maximums, lower gear legendary and journey characters were still viable for that period of time where you were gearing them up. Thrawn / R2 / CLS / JTR / 3PO / Chewy / JKR / Malak - all of them.

With the Relic system in place, non-Relic characters have a hard time being competitive, especially since most competitive teams require multiple (or all) Relic'd toons at various levels. Given the time frame is so long to bring a character from G10 to R(pick a level), it's hard to justify spend on an unlock unless you're also going to be able to afford to gear them (either because you've been saving or because you're throwing additional dollars after it).

Interesting thought.

I'm thinking I agree.

Using the Malac stuck at G11 example.

He was fine, as Most characters would be, at G11.5 when 12.3/5? was the Maximum.

Now that you can go to R7, G11.x is pretty much going to get hammered in a round or 2, or just 1 if its focused fire.

So yeah, given how long it takes to complete the G12 Golds for G13, I'd say it might slow down thoughts of spending just to open something at 4-6* as "arena viable" when it really isn't anymore.

At least by the people that THINK about spending v/s just throwing $$ at it.
  • Options
    CosmicJ wrote: »

In this situation:

People who didn't quite get him the first time but we're close are like 'YAY!'.
    People who got him first are like '****?'
    People who are nowhere near him are either indifferent or come in here trolling and making ridiculously ignorant comments.

I can almost guarantee CG's actions on this have absoloute nothing to do with listening or caring about what the community wants though.

Yeah.

Just like when people said content was too easy and they flipped when DS GEO TB initally came out.
  • Options
    Saying you want something and then being mad when they give it to you? That certainly doesn't sound like Star Wars fans to me.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • TVF
    36770 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Saying you want something and then being mad when they give it to you? That certainly doesn't sound like Star Wars fans to me.

Forums
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Star Forge Showdown takes just over four months to come back? We get a month and a half of, "Where's Malak?"

Clash on Kamino takes takes two and a half months to come back? We get outcry that him coming back so soon is a slap in the face.

Just can't win.

Thing is Malak was usable at 5* even at arena and completely broken on TB and GAS, and GenSW is not :) see? It is so easy!
  • TVF
    36770 posts Member
    Options
    Vinniarth wrote: »
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Star Forge Showdown takes just over four months to come back? We get a month and a half of, "Where's Malak?"

Clash on Kamino takes takes two and a half months to come back? We get outcry that him coming back so soon is a slap in the face.

Just can't win.

Thing is Malak was usable at 5* even at arena and completely broken on TB and GAS, and GenSW is not :) see? It is so easy!

Relics
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    GAS whose back, back again!
  • Options
    If @Ultra and @DarjeloSalas are critical of cg here we know it’s bad!
    I’m ftp, not quite ready, spending some stashes to try get him this run...not quite geared on droids...too soon selfishly but also unselfishly, why bother with an epic encounter with no exclusivity in the meta? GAS r7 teams get taken down by padme teams with relative ease...cg kidding themselves
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Was ready first time did not wanna relic B1 and NO GET, I am ready this time but dont wanna relic B1 and.NO GET....

Literally wont have the GET the third time so who gives a ****. GAS hardest to get toon i ever could not give two
    Craps about( have 13 Ready ARC and clones i just dont care the GET thang iz ****
  • Options
    He came back to soon, they waited too long. Its all the whales fault stop spending, stop crying f2p. Every single time. Then after this post i will be attacked by trolls and nerds. Vicious cycle
  • DJT1
    70 posts Member
    Options
    Mohrashal wrote: »
    He came back to soon, they waited too long. Its all the whales fault stop spending, stop crying f2p. Every single time. Then after this post i will be attacked by trolls and nerds. Vicious cycle

No tears just giving an opinion on a forum (assume that is allowed?), actually surprised myself getting him with r5 gk, 12.4 padme, 12.0 shaak, 11.3 3po, 11.2 ahsoka....then g12 for phase 4 except r4 b1...took too many tries but I did it...now cringe to consider the next big thing
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    DJT1 wrote: »
    If @Ultra and @DarjeloSalas are critical of cg here we know it’s bad!
    I’m ftp, not quite ready, spending some stashes to try get him this run...not quite geared on droids...too soon selfishly but also unselfishly, why bother with an epic encounter with no exclusivity in the meta? GAS r7 teams get taken down by padme teams with relative ease...cg kidding themselves

This is my biggest issue. GAS hasn’t even had a chance to be THE meta, like both revans did. Most don’t have him to 7* even if they unlocked him the first time.

Now we have super hyperXtreme Rey and kylo coming, each needing 15 toons, and you know they will crush revan and gas.

The gas toon seems like a cheap money grab, nothing more.

Perhaps. I did it without spending. So they will crush my gas... but it was free