Favourite Sequel Trilogy Movie

Prev13
Which sequel trilogy movie did you enjoy the most?

Favourite Sequel Trilogy Movie 48 votes

The Force Awakens
25%
7AnimalMotherBooJacenRoepanetonemurphsithMaddwarfmcshantGgdjqjchsabjdjJohnLove11JkaneSnowbird13CG_talk_to_us 12 votes
The Last Jedi
18%
Snake2LordDirtVendi1983ScrawnyKid88CadoaBanekhelzac0dysseusKdsdsdsStormnox 9 votes
Rise of Skywalker
56%
trevyclauseDontSteptoThisDal_Zubakalidorjedikilla84UltraGreenGoblin96jhbuchholzChucko_marekGifafiRavenclawsWarGuy101Ben15SwalkerVisionAleSahnDroh_1979SebekMagicMatthews99DaPowerfulJediNihionlittleMAC77 27 votes

Replies

  • Rise of Skywalker
    TFA = An alternate version of Episode IV (still better than VIII)
    TLJ = A...I am sorry, I don’t know what to say there
    RoS = new ideas, an interesting story (a little bit rushed at the beginning, but J.J. had to clear some things up that TLJ has made a mess with), a movie I would watch again without being ashamed.
    But that’s only my opinion...
    SWGoH
  • Rise of Skywalker
    TFA = Like JoPrime said, too much like ANH to really do much for me. Not bad but not great.

    TLJ = I wish Rian Johnson was capable of pulling off this movie (different and not a cookie cutter Star Wars movie), but sadly the execution was awful.

    TRoS= Another safe JJ Abrams production, but a very entertaining installment. I don't really like taking the easy way out with Palpatine, but it well made imo.

    Overall, better quality than the prequels (based mostly on a better ensemble of actors/actresses)
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Boo
    4101 posts Member
    The Force Awakens
    TFA = it was essentially a remake of ANH, but it did set up the new characters and gave the new trilogy some excitement as to where it was going to go.

    TLJ = exhisted to "subvert" expectations and not in a good way. Ignored all set-ups created with TFA and illogically killed off and/or disrespected characters, broke established lore of the franchise, created pointless side missions and taking away from well needed time to flesh out character relationships, main plot etc. TLJ left the trilogy with pretty nowhere to go.

    TROS = Tried to retcon some issues with TLJ as well as explain everything from TFA, while trying to win back fans through nostalgia. This movie was left with too much to do in too little of a time - we all saw how that went down with the likes of Spider-Man 3. Too messy and it didn't flow nicely at all.
    Lore was further broken in regard to power of deceased sith or jedi passing on to the surviving sith or jedi respectively - totally takes away from established lore re: genetics, midichlorians etc and the creation of the Chosen One.
    Additionally bringing back Palpatine and affirming Rey as the actual chosen one (not Anakin) undid everything from Episodes 1-6, they are now pointless.

    Therefore TROS has done more to hurt the franchise than TLJ did. Overall this entire trilogy is an incoherent mess that is completely pointless and undoes everything that people enjoyed and took to heart about star wars - for the sake of what?

    Was it so hard for Disney to have created a whole new era, in the past or future, to tell their story, without dragging the star wars saga as it was through the mud?
  • TVF
    24956 posts Member
    Boo wrote: »
    TFA = it was essentially a remake of ANH, but it did set up the new characters and gave the new trilogy some excitement as to where it was going to go.

    TLJ = exhisted to "subvert" expectations and not in a good way. Ignored all set-ups created with TFA and illogically killed off and/or disrespected characters, broke established lore of the franchise, created pointless side missions and taking away from well needed time to flesh out character relationships, main plot etc. TLJ left the trilogy with pretty nowhere to go.

    TROS = Tried to retcon some issues with TLJ as well as explain everything from TFA, while trying to win back fans through nostalgia. This movie was left with too much to do in too little of a time - we all saw how that went down with the likes of Spider-Man 3. Too messy and it didn't flow nicely at all.
    Lore was further broken in regard to power of deceased sith or jedi passing on to the surviving sith or jedi respectively - totally takes away from established lore re: genetics, midichlorians etc and the creation of the Chosen One.
    Additionally bringing back Palpatine and affirming Rey as the actual chosen one (not Anakin) undid everything from Episodes 1-6, they are now pointless.

    Therefore TROS has done more to hurt the franchise than TLJ did. Overall this entire trilogy is an incoherent mess that is completely pointless and undoes everything that people enjoyed and took to heart about star wars - for the sake of what?

    Disagree
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Boo
    4101 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    The Force Awakens
    TVF wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    TFA = it was essentially a remake of ANH, but it did set up the new characters and gave the new trilogy some excitement as to where it was going to go.

    TLJ = exhisted to "subvert" expectations and not in a good way. Ignored all set-ups created with TFA and illogically killed off and/or disrespected characters, broke established lore of the franchise, created pointless side missions and taking away from well needed time to flesh out character relationships, main plot etc. TLJ left the trilogy with pretty nowhere to go.

    TROS = Tried to retcon some issues with TLJ as well as explain everything from TFA, while trying to win back fans through nostalgia. This movie was left with too much to do in too little of a time - we all saw how that went down with the likes of Spider-Man 3. Too messy and it didn't flow nicely at all.
    Lore was further broken in regard to power of deceased sith or jedi passing on to the surviving sith or jedi respectively - totally takes away from established lore re: genetics, midichlorians etc and the creation of the Chosen One.
    Additionally bringing back Palpatine and affirming Rey as the actual chosen one (not Anakin) undid everything from Episodes 1-6, they are now pointless.

    Therefore TROS has done more to hurt the franchise than TLJ did. Overall this entire trilogy is an incoherent mess that is completely pointless and undoes everything that people enjoyed and took to heart about star wars - for the sake of what?

    Disagree

    Fair enough. But I believe I am 100% correct. SO I guess we agree to disagree then, lol

    Care to state why you disagree?
  • How come none of the above is not an option?
  • Rise of Skywalker
    Boo wrote: »
    TFA = it was essentially a remake of ANH, but it did set up the new characters and gave the new trilogy some excitement as to where it was going to go.

    TLJ = exhisted to "subvert" expectations and not in a good way. Ignored all set-ups created with TFA and illogically killed off and/or disrespected characters, broke established lore of the franchise, created pointless side missions and taking away from well needed time to flesh out character relationships, main plot etc. TLJ left the trilogy with pretty nowhere to go.

    TROS = Tried to retcon some issues with TLJ as well as explain everything from TFA, while trying to win back fans through nostalgia. This movie was left with too much to do in too little of a time - we all saw how that went down with the likes of Spider-Man 3. Too messy and it didn't flow nicely at all.
    Lore was further broken in regard to power of deceased sith or jedi passing on to the surviving sith or jedi respectively - totally takes away from established lore re: genetics, midichlorians etc and the creation of the Chosen One.
    Additionally bringing back Palpatine and affirming Rey as the actual chosen one (not Anakin) undid everything from Episodes 1-6, they are now pointless.

    Therefore TROS has done more to hurt the franchise than TLJ did. Overall this entire trilogy is an incoherent mess that is completely pointless and undoes everything that people enjoyed and took to heart about star wars - for the sake of what?

    Was it so hard for Disney to have created a whole new era, in the past or future, to tell their story, without dragging the star wars saga as it was through the mud?

    Not to argue, but how did you write three paragraphs about a movie you have not watched?
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • TVF
    24956 posts Member
    Boo wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    TFA = it was essentially a remake of ANH, but it did set up the new characters and gave the new trilogy some excitement as to where it was going to go.

    TLJ = exhisted to "subvert" expectations and not in a good way. Ignored all set-ups created with TFA and illogically killed off and/or disrespected characters, broke established lore of the franchise, created pointless side missions and taking away from well needed time to flesh out character relationships, main plot etc. TLJ left the trilogy with pretty nowhere to go.

    TROS = Tried to retcon some issues with TLJ as well as explain everything from TFA, while trying to win back fans through nostalgia. This movie was left with too much to do in too little of a time - we all saw how that went down with the likes of Spider-Man 3. Too messy and it didn't flow nicely at all.
    Lore was further broken in regard to power of deceased sith or jedi passing on to the surviving sith or jedi respectively - totally takes away from established lore re: genetics, midichlorians etc and the creation of the Chosen One.
    Additionally bringing back Palpatine and affirming Rey as the actual chosen one (not Anakin) undid everything from Episodes 1-6, they are now pointless.

    Therefore TROS has done more to hurt the franchise than TLJ did. Overall this entire trilogy is an incoherent mess that is completely pointless and undoes everything that people enjoyed and took to heart about star wars - for the sake of what?

    Disagree

    Fair enough. But I believe I am 100% correct. SO I guess we agree to disagree then, lol

    Care to state why you disagree?

    Pointless
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Boo
    4101 posts Member
    The Force Awakens
    Boo wrote: »
    TFA = it was essentially a remake of ANH, but it did set up the new characters and gave the new trilogy some excitement as to where it was going to go.

    TLJ = exhisted to "subvert" expectations and not in a good way. Ignored all set-ups created with TFA and illogically killed off and/or disrespected characters, broke established lore of the franchise, created pointless side missions and taking away from well needed time to flesh out character relationships, main plot etc. TLJ left the trilogy with pretty nowhere to go.

    TROS = Tried to retcon some issues with TLJ as well as explain everything from TFA, while trying to win back fans through nostalgia. This movie was left with too much to do in too little of a time - we all saw how that went down with the likes of Spider-Man 3. Too messy and it didn't flow nicely at all.
    Lore was further broken in regard to power of deceased sith or jedi passing on to the surviving sith or jedi respectively - totally takes away from established lore re: genetics, midichlorians etc and the creation of the Chosen One.
    Additionally bringing back Palpatine and affirming Rey as the actual chosen one (not Anakin) undid everything from Episodes 1-6, they are now pointless.

    Therefore TROS has done more to hurt the franchise than TLJ did. Overall this entire trilogy is an incoherent mess that is completely pointless and undoes everything that people enjoyed and took to heart about star wars - for the sake of what?

    Was it so hard for Disney to have created a whole new era, in the past or future, to tell their story, without dragging the star wars saga as it was through the mud?

    Not to argue, but how did you write three paragraphs about a movie you have not watched?

    I have seen enough leaked footage and enough of the other leaks already confirmed as being true to form an opinion about an awful movie. I didn't need to see Batman & Robin to know it was a terrible movie either - unfortunately I did end up seeing it - and it was torture, terrible beyond words, but better than TROS i'd imagine.
  • Rise of Skywalker
    Boo wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    TFA = it was essentially a remake of ANH, but it did set up the new characters and gave the new trilogy some excitement as to where it was going to go.

    TLJ = exhisted to "subvert" expectations and not in a good way. Ignored all set-ups created with TFA and illogically killed off and/or disrespected characters, broke established lore of the franchise, created pointless side missions and taking away from well needed time to flesh out character relationships, main plot etc. TLJ left the trilogy with pretty nowhere to go.

    TROS = Tried to retcon some issues with TLJ as well as explain everything from TFA, while trying to win back fans through nostalgia. This movie was left with too much to do in too little of a time - we all saw how that went down with the likes of Spider-Man 3. Too messy and it didn't flow nicely at all.
    Lore was further broken in regard to power of deceased sith or jedi passing on to the surviving sith or jedi respectively - totally takes away from established lore re: genetics, midichlorians etc and the creation of the Chosen One.
    Additionally bringing back Palpatine and affirming Rey as the actual chosen one (not Anakin) undid everything from Episodes 1-6, they are now pointless.

    Therefore TROS has done more to hurt the franchise than TLJ did. Overall this entire trilogy is an incoherent mess that is completely pointless and undoes everything that people enjoyed and took to heart about star wars - for the sake of what?

    Was it so hard for Disney to have created a whole new era, in the past or future, to tell their story, without dragging the star wars saga as it was through the mud?

    Not to argue, but how did you write three paragraphs about a movie you have not watched?

    I have seen enough leaked footage and enough of the other leaks already confirmed as being true to form an opinion about an awful movie. I didn't need to see Batman & Robin to know it was a terrible movie either - unfortunately I did end up seeing it - and it was torture, terrible beyond words, but better than TROS i'd imagine.

    But would you write 3 paragraphs about Batman 7 Robin's place among batman movies and critique it without watching?
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Boo
    4101 posts Member
    The Force Awakens
    Boo wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    TFA = it was essentially a remake of ANH, but it did set up the new characters and gave the new trilogy some excitement as to where it was going to go.

    TLJ = exhisted to "subvert" expectations and not in a good way. Ignored all set-ups created with TFA and illogically killed off and/or disrespected characters, broke established lore of the franchise, created pointless side missions and taking away from well needed time to flesh out character relationships, main plot etc. TLJ left the trilogy with pretty nowhere to go.

    TROS = Tried to retcon some issues with TLJ as well as explain everything from TFA, while trying to win back fans through nostalgia. This movie was left with too much to do in too little of a time - we all saw how that went down with the likes of Spider-Man 3. Too messy and it didn't flow nicely at all.
    Lore was further broken in regard to power of deceased sith or jedi passing on to the surviving sith or jedi respectively - totally takes away from established lore re: genetics, midichlorians etc and the creation of the Chosen One.
    Additionally bringing back Palpatine and affirming Rey as the actual chosen one (not Anakin) undid everything from Episodes 1-6, they are now pointless.

    Therefore TROS has done more to hurt the franchise than TLJ did. Overall this entire trilogy is an incoherent mess that is completely pointless and undoes everything that people enjoyed and took to heart about star wars - for the sake of what?

    Was it so hard for Disney to have created a whole new era, in the past or future, to tell their story, without dragging the star wars saga as it was through the mud?

    Not to argue, but how did you write three paragraphs about a movie you have not watched?

    I have seen enough leaked footage and enough of the other leaks already confirmed as being true to form an opinion about an awful movie. I didn't need to see Batman & Robin to know it was a terrible movie either - unfortunately I did end up seeing it - and it was torture, terrible beyond words, but better than TROS i'd imagine.

    But would you write 3 paragraphs about Batman 7 Robin's place among batman movies and critique it without watching?

    If I was asked that question upon its release, yes.
  • Nihion
    3002 posts Member
    Rise of Skywalker
    Boo wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    TFA = it was essentially a remake of ANH, but it did set up the new characters and gave the new trilogy some excitement as to where it was going to go.

    TLJ = exhisted to "subvert" expectations and not in a good way. Ignored all set-ups created with TFA and illogically killed off and/or disrespected characters, broke established lore of the franchise, created pointless side missions and taking away from well needed time to flesh out character relationships, main plot etc. TLJ left the trilogy with pretty nowhere to go.

    TROS = Tried to retcon some issues with TLJ as well as explain everything from TFA, while trying to win back fans through nostalgia. This movie was left with too much to do in too little of a time - we all saw how that went down with the likes of Spider-Man 3. Too messy and it didn't flow nicely at all.
    Lore was further broken in regard to power of deceased sith or jedi passing on to the surviving sith or jedi respectively - totally takes away from established lore re: genetics, midichlorians etc and the creation of the Chosen One.
    Additionally bringing back Palpatine and affirming Rey as the actual chosen one (not Anakin) undid everything from Episodes 1-6, they are now pointless.

    Therefore TROS has done more to hurt the franchise than TLJ did. Overall this entire trilogy is an incoherent mess that is completely pointless and undoes everything that people enjoyed and took to heart about star wars - for the sake of what?

    Disagree

    Fair enough. But I believe I am 100% correct. SO I guess we agree to disagree then, lol

    Care to state why you disagree?

    I disagree because you think that what you believe is gospel. You like to pick out whatever you can to protect your love of the originals. I get that. But you need to let go.

    However, you are obviously allowed to have whatever opinion you want, and I can see where the sequels falter. But I think it’s important to recognize that it’s not about the lore and the accuracy; it’s about future believers. I believe that this whole trilogy was trying to make the fans mad. Because it’s not supposed to be about them. That’s just my take.
  • Nihion
    3002 posts Member
    Rise of Skywalker
    7thru9suck wrote: »
    How come none of the above is not an option?

    Because why you click on this thread without knowing your option was one of those three? Lol
  • The Last Jedi
    I enjoyed them all, but TLJ was the one I wanted to see again as soon as I possibly could. It's probably not as rewarding as the others over multiple viewings, but it does have its moments.
  • Ultra
    6259 posts Member
    Rise of Skywalker
    Having a tough time choosing between The Last Jedi and Rise of Skywalker. I would probably need to rewatch ROS before deciding if it is better than TLJ but for now I'll go with ROS
  • Ultra
    6259 posts Member
    Rise of Skywalker
    0dysseusK wrote: »
    I enjoyed them all, but TLJ was the one I wanted to see again as soon as I possibly could. It's probably not as rewarding as the others over multiple viewings, but it does have its moments.
    I saw it again 3 days ago for the second time since the day the movie was released and I enjoyed it a lot more and its definitely one of the best numbered star wars movies
  • Ultra
    6259 posts Member
    Rise of Skywalker
    Boo wrote: »
    TFA = it was essentially a remake of ANH, but it did set up the new characters and gave the new trilogy some excitement as to where it was going to go.

    TLJ = exhisted to "subvert" expectations and not in a good way. Ignored all set-ups created with TFA and illogically killed off and/or disrespected characters, broke established lore of the franchise, created pointless side missions and taking away from well needed time to flesh out character relationships, main plot etc. TLJ left the trilogy with pretty nowhere to go.

    TROS = Tried to retcon some issues with TLJ as well as explain everything from TFA, while trying to win back fans through nostalgia. This movie was left with too much to do in too little of a time - we all saw how that went down with the likes of Spider-Man 3. Too messy and it didn't flow nicely at all.
    Lore was further broken in regard to power of deceased sith or jedi passing on to the surviving sith or jedi respectively - totally takes away from established lore re: genetics, midichlorians etc and the creation of the Chosen One.
    Additionally bringing back Palpatine and affirming Rey as the actual chosen one (not Anakin) undid everything from Episodes 1-6, they are now pointless.

    Therefore TROS has done more to hurt the franchise than TLJ did. Overall this entire trilogy is an incoherent mess that is completely pointless and undoes everything that people enjoyed and took to heart about star wars - for the sake of what?

    Was it so hard for Disney to have created a whole new era, in the past or future, to tell their story, without dragging the star wars saga as it was through the mud?

    Not to argue, but how did you write three paragraphs about a movie you have not watched?
    Worst part is that it seems he has already formed his negative opinions of the movie so he wouldn't be able to enjoy it either if he tried to watch it
  • Rise of Skywalker
    7thru9suck wrote: »
    How come none of the above is not an option?

    You could just pick the one you hate the least.
  • Boo
    4101 posts Member
    The Force Awakens
    Nihion wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    TFA = it was essentially a remake of ANH, but it did set up the new characters and gave the new trilogy some excitement as to where it was going to go.

    TLJ = exhisted to "subvert" expectations and not in a good way. Ignored all set-ups created with TFA and illogically killed off and/or disrespected characters, broke established lore of the franchise, created pointless side missions and taking away from well needed time to flesh out character relationships, main plot etc. TLJ left the trilogy with pretty nowhere to go.

    TROS = Tried to retcon some issues with TLJ as well as explain everything from TFA, while trying to win back fans through nostalgia. This movie was left with too much to do in too little of a time - we all saw how that went down with the likes of Spider-Man 3. Too messy and it didn't flow nicely at all.
    Lore was further broken in regard to power of deceased sith or jedi passing on to the surviving sith or jedi respectively - totally takes away from established lore re: genetics, midichlorians etc and the creation of the Chosen One.
    Additionally bringing back Palpatine and affirming Rey as the actual chosen one (not Anakin) undid everything from Episodes 1-6, they are now pointless.

    Therefore TROS has done more to hurt the franchise than TLJ did. Overall this entire trilogy is an incoherent mess that is completely pointless and undoes everything that people enjoyed and took to heart about star wars - for the sake of what?

    Disagree

    Fair enough. But I believe I am 100% correct. SO I guess we agree to disagree then, lol

    Care to state why you disagree?

    I disagree because you think that what you believe is gospel. You like to pick out whatever you can to protect your love of the originals. I get that. But you need to let go.

    However, you are obviously allowed to have whatever opinion you want, and I can see where the sequels falter. But I think it’s important to recognize that it’s not about the lore and the accuracy; it’s about future believers. I believe that this whole trilogy was trying to make the fans mad. Because it’s not supposed to be about them. That’s just my take.

    SO you disagree because... then don't deliver actual points on where you disagree?

    Lore and accuracy don't matter? Ok, lets make the next star wars movie bring back snoke as the leader, because he was the one really behind palpatine. And anyone can have the force if they chose to, so lets say Wicket the Ewok decides for no reason or training to build a lightsaber and a space ship to get off Endor to begin his battle against Snoke - because its all a bit of fun righ who cares?

    Or I know Batman, NO Batwoman! beats up superman without the use of Kryptonite, because she just can and that's that. Just accept it because its all a bit of fun.

    No - lore exists for a reason and accuracy of the lore allows you to understand the rules of whatever franchise and world you chose to watch and allows you to become immersed in those worlds, that's what makes it all fun - not making everything up as you go along and screw everything and everyone else, because hey - its just a bit of fun.

    No.
  • Boo
    4101 posts Member
    edited May 25
    The Force Awakens
    Ultra wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    TFA = it was essentially a remake of ANH, but it did set up the new characters and gave the new trilogy some excitement as to where it was going to go.

    TLJ = exhisted to "subvert" expectations and not in a good way. Ignored all set-ups created with TFA and illogically killed off and/or disrespected characters, broke established lore of the franchise, created pointless side missions and taking away from well needed time to flesh out character relationships, main plot etc. TLJ left the trilogy with pretty nowhere to go.

    TROS = Tried to retcon some issues with TLJ as well as explain everything from TFA, while trying to win back fans through nostalgia. This movie was left with too much to do in too little of a time - we all saw how that went down with the likes of Spider-Man 3. Too messy and it didn't flow nicely at all.
    Lore was further broken in regard to power of deceased sith or jedi passing on to the surviving sith or jedi respectively - totally takes away from established lore re: genetics, midichlorians etc and the creation of the Chosen One.
    Additionally bringing back Palpatine and affirming Rey as the actual chosen one (not Anakin) undid everything from Episodes 1-6, they are now pointless.

    Therefore TROS has done more to hurt the franchise than TLJ did. Overall this entire trilogy is an incoherent mess that is completely pointless and undoes everything that people enjoyed and took to heart about star wars - for the sake of what?

    Was it so hard for Disney to have created a whole new era, in the past or future, to tell their story, without dragging the star wars saga as it was through the mud?

    Not to argue, but how did you write three paragraphs about a movie you have not watched?
    Worst part is that it seems he has already formed his negative opinions of the movie so he wouldn't be able to enjoy it either if he tried to watch it

    No - my negative opinion of the movie comes directly from the what happens in the movie - is me now watching the whole thing from start to finish going to change what happens in the movie? No, its not. So a terrible movie it is and will remain whether I watch the thing or not.

    ****UPDATE****

    I watched TROS - and it is more terrible than I imagined. Worst movie of them all - even the Ewok movies are better than TROS. So many plot holes and nonsensical moments, I cringed all the way through.
    Post edited by Boo on
  • TVF
    24956 posts Member
    Boo wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    TFA = it was essentially a remake of ANH, but it did set up the new characters and gave the new trilogy some excitement as to where it was going to go.

    TLJ = exhisted to "subvert" expectations and not in a good way. Ignored all set-ups created with TFA and illogically killed off and/or disrespected characters, broke established lore of the franchise, created pointless side missions and taking away from well needed time to flesh out character relationships, main plot etc. TLJ left the trilogy with pretty nowhere to go.

    TROS = Tried to retcon some issues with TLJ as well as explain everything from TFA, while trying to win back fans through nostalgia. This movie was left with too much to do in too little of a time - we all saw how that went down with the likes of Spider-Man 3. Too messy and it didn't flow nicely at all.
    Lore was further broken in regard to power of deceased sith or jedi passing on to the surviving sith or jedi respectively - totally takes away from established lore re: genetics, midichlorians etc and the creation of the Chosen One.
    Additionally bringing back Palpatine and affirming Rey as the actual chosen one (not Anakin) undid everything from Episodes 1-6, they are now pointless.

    Therefore TROS has done more to hurt the franchise than TLJ did. Overall this entire trilogy is an incoherent mess that is completely pointless and undoes everything that people enjoyed and took to heart about star wars - for the sake of what?

    Was it so hard for Disney to have created a whole new era, in the past or future, to tell their story, without dragging the star wars saga as it was through the mud?

    Not to argue, but how did you write three paragraphs about a movie you have not watched?
    Worst part is that it seems he has already formed his negative opinions of the movie so he wouldn't be able to enjoy it either if he tried to watch it

    No - my negative opinion of the movie comes directly from the what happens in the movie - is me now watching the whole thing from start to finish going to change what happens in the movie? No, its not. So a terrible movie it is and will remain whether I watch the thing or not.

    Amazing.
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nihion
    3002 posts Member
    Rise of Skywalker
    Boo wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    TFA = it was essentially a remake of ANH, but it did set up the new characters and gave the new trilogy some excitement as to where it was going to go.

    TLJ = exhisted to "subvert" expectations and not in a good way. Ignored all set-ups created with TFA and illogically killed off and/or disrespected characters, broke established lore of the franchise, created pointless side missions and taking away from well needed time to flesh out character relationships, main plot etc. TLJ left the trilogy with pretty nowhere to go.

    TROS = Tried to retcon some issues with TLJ as well as explain everything from TFA, while trying to win back fans through nostalgia. This movie was left with too much to do in too little of a time - we all saw how that went down with the likes of Spider-Man 3. Too messy and it didn't flow nicely at all.
    Lore was further broken in regard to power of deceased sith or jedi passing on to the surviving sith or jedi respectively - totally takes away from established lore re: genetics, midichlorians etc and the creation of the Chosen One.
    Additionally bringing back Palpatine and affirming Rey as the actual chosen one (not Anakin) undid everything from Episodes 1-6, they are now pointless.

    Therefore TROS has done more to hurt the franchise than TLJ did. Overall this entire trilogy is an incoherent mess that is completely pointless and undoes everything that people enjoyed and took to heart about star wars - for the sake of what?

    Disagree

    Fair enough. But I believe I am 100% correct. SO I guess we agree to disagree then, lol

    Care to state why you disagree?

    I disagree because you think that what you believe is gospel. You like to pick out whatever you can to protect your love of the originals. I get that. But you need to let go.

    However, you are obviously allowed to have whatever opinion you want, and I can see where the sequels falter. But I think it’s important to recognize that it’s not about the lore and the accuracy; it’s about future believers. I believe that this whole trilogy was trying to make the fans mad. Because it’s not supposed to be about them. That’s just my take.

    SO you disagree because... then don't deliver actual points on where you disagree?

    Lore and accuracy don't matter? Ok, lets make the next star wars movie bring back snoke as the leader, because he was the one really behind palpatine. And anyone can have the force if they chose to, so lets say Wicket the Ewok decides for no reason or training to build a lightsaber and a space ship to get off Endor to begin his battle against Snoke - because its all a bit of fun righ who cares?

    Or I know Batman, NO Batwoman! beats up superman without the use of Kryptonite, because she just can and that's that. Just accept it because its all a bit of fun.

    No - lore exists for a reason and accuracy of the lore allows you to understand the rules of whatever franchise and world you chose to watch and allows you to become immersed in those worlds, that's what makes it all fun - not making everything up as you go along and screw everything and everyone else, because hey - its just a bit of fun.

    No.

    Obviously you missed my point. My mother likes the sequels. She doesn’t know squat about Star Wars. She dislikes the prequels.

    My sister likes the sequels. She doesn’t care one bit for hyperspace travel, or the existence of a galactic senate, or the intricate types of beings in the Star Wars universe. She thinks the prequels are hilarious.

    My point is that lore makes a universe fun for nerds - and no one else. The general audience doesn’t care about lore, and thus they don’t care about the prequels, which is 100% lore.

    The originals had lore, BUT THAT WAS NOT THE POINT (yes I’m bringing out all caps). The nerds who built the lore turned Star Wars into a hyper fan fest, with rules and guidelines flying left and right. Disney ended that because that inspires no one. That isn’t what makes the movie industry exciting.

    Don’t get me wrong, I like Star Wars lore too, and the sequel trilogy’s clearly warp and twist it. They almost make fun of it. And that is on purpose. And you just proved that it worked. It’s making the nerds so mad, that they are “boycotting” the films. And that, my friend, is the entire point.

    Your whole thing about Wicket and Snoke would be funny, sure, but it has no message. That’s what Abrams and Johnson have made very clear about this trilogy: It’s here to teach us a lesson. Disney can advertise and merchandise whatever they please; but these two expert filmmakers are here to teach something, which if you look closely, they definitely achieve.

    I enjoyed the movie. So did a lot of other people. Because they don’t care about the lore. This trilogy is for them.
  • Boo
    4101 posts Member
    The Force Awakens
    Nihion wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    TFA = it was essentially a remake of ANH, but it did set up the new characters and gave the new trilogy some excitement as to where it was going to go.

    TLJ = exhisted to "subvert" expectations and not in a good way. Ignored all set-ups created with TFA and illogically killed off and/or disrespected characters, broke established lore of the franchise, created pointless side missions and taking away from well needed time to flesh out character relationships, main plot etc. TLJ left the trilogy with pretty nowhere to go.

    TROS = Tried to retcon some issues with TLJ as well as explain everything from TFA, while trying to win back fans through nostalgia. This movie was left with too much to do in too little of a time - we all saw how that went down with the likes of Spider-Man 3. Too messy and it didn't flow nicely at all.
    Lore was further broken in regard to power of deceased sith or jedi passing on to the surviving sith or jedi respectively - totally takes away from established lore re: genetics, midichlorians etc and the creation of the Chosen One.
    Additionally bringing back Palpatine and affirming Rey as the actual chosen one (not Anakin) undid everything from Episodes 1-6, they are now pointless.

    Therefore TROS has done more to hurt the franchise than TLJ did. Overall this entire trilogy is an incoherent mess that is completely pointless and undoes everything that people enjoyed and took to heart about star wars - for the sake of what?

    Disagree

    Fair enough. But I believe I am 100% correct. SO I guess we agree to disagree then, lol

    Care to state why you disagree?

    I disagree because you think that what you believe is gospel. You like to pick out whatever you can to protect your love of the originals. I get that. But you need to let go.

    However, you are obviously allowed to have whatever opinion you want, and I can see where the sequels falter. But I think it’s important to recognize that it’s not about the lore and the accuracy; it’s about future believers. I believe that this whole trilogy was trying to make the fans mad. Because it’s not supposed to be about them. That’s just my take.

    SO you disagree because... then don't deliver actual points on where you disagree?

    Lore and accuracy don't matter? Ok, lets make the next star wars movie bring back snoke as the leader, because he was the one really behind palpatine. And anyone can have the force if they chose to, so lets say Wicket the Ewok decides for no reason or training to build a lightsaber and a space ship to get off Endor to begin his battle against Snoke - because its all a bit of fun righ who cares?

    Or I know Batman, NO Batwoman! beats up superman without the use of Kryptonite, because she just can and that's that. Just accept it because its all a bit of fun.

    No - lore exists for a reason and accuracy of the lore allows you to understand the rules of whatever franchise and world you chose to watch and allows you to become immersed in those worlds, that's what makes it all fun - not making everything up as you go along and screw everything and everyone else, because hey - its just a bit of fun.

    No.

    Obviously you missed my point. My mother likes the sequels. She doesn’t know squat about Star Wars. She dislikes the prequels.

    My sister likes the sequels. She doesn’t care one bit for hyperspace travel, or the existence of a galactic senate, or the intricate types of beings in the Star Wars universe. She thinks the prequels are hilarious.

    My point is that lore makes a universe fun for nerds - and no one else. The general audience doesn’t care about lore, and thus they don’t care about the prequels, which is 100% lore.

    The originals had lore, BUT THAT WAS NOT THE POINT (yes I’m bringing out all caps). The nerds who built the lore turned Star Wars into a hyper fan fest, with rules and guidelines flying left and right. Disney ended that because that inspires no one. That isn’t what makes the movie industry exciting.

    Don’t get me wrong, I like Star Wars lore too, and the sequel trilogy’s clearly warp and twist it. They almost make fun of it. And that is on purpose. And you just proved that it worked. It’s making the nerds so mad, that they are “boycotting” the films. And that, my friend, is the entire point.

    Your whole thing about Wicket and Snoke would be funny, sure, but it has no message. That’s what Abrams and Johnson have made very clear about this trilogy: It’s here to teach us a lesson. Disney can advertise and merchandise whatever they please; but these two expert filmmakers are here to teach something, which if you look closely, they definitely achieve.

    I enjoyed the movie. So did a lot of other people. Because they don’t care about the lore. This trilogy is for them.

    So Disney purposefully wants to tank their new franchise that cost them over $4B to acquire, because they want to anger all the fans - no. If you honestly believe that, then oh dear, I am seriously lost for words.

    Yes the casual observer may like the ST better than the PT. They still could have made the ST more fun and entertaining as well as adhering to established lore of the world.

    My Wicket and Snoke story is no different than what JJ and Johnson has served us with the ST. Sure it has a message, it subverts expectations, could give you mindless action and effects with no real story or character development and pokes fun at what many people hold dear. Its no different to the ST at all.

    As for Batwoman v. Superman - that could be really entertaining and it doesn't matter that Batwoman beats Superman down to strength without the use of kryptonite, because it doesn't matter - lore doesn't matter, as long as its entertaining, right?
  • Nihion
    3002 posts Member
    Rise of Skywalker
    Boo wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    TFA = it was essentially a remake of ANH, but it did set up the new characters and gave the new trilogy some excitement as to where it was going to go.

    TLJ = exhisted to "subvert" expectations and not in a good way. Ignored all set-ups created with TFA and illogically killed off and/or disrespected characters, broke established lore of the franchise, created pointless side missions and taking away from well needed time to flesh out character relationships, main plot etc. TLJ left the trilogy with pretty nowhere to go.

    TROS = Tried to retcon some issues with TLJ as well as explain everything from TFA, while trying to win back fans through nostalgia. This movie was left with too much to do in too little of a time - we all saw how that went down with the likes of Spider-Man 3. Too messy and it didn't flow nicely at all.
    Lore was further broken in regard to power of deceased sith or jedi passing on to the surviving sith or jedi respectively - totally takes away from established lore re: genetics, midichlorians etc and the creation of the Chosen One.
    Additionally bringing back Palpatine and affirming Rey as the actual chosen one (not Anakin) undid everything from Episodes 1-6, they are now pointless.

    Therefore TROS has done more to hurt the franchise than TLJ did. Overall this entire trilogy is an incoherent mess that is completely pointless and undoes everything that people enjoyed and took to heart about star wars - for the sake of what?

    Disagree

    Fair enough. But I believe I am 100% correct. SO I guess we agree to disagree then, lol

    Care to state why you disagree?

    I disagree because you think that what you believe is gospel. You like to pick out whatever you can to protect your love of the originals. I get that. But you need to let go.

    However, you are obviously allowed to have whatever opinion you want, and I can see where the sequels falter. But I think it’s important to recognize that it’s not about the lore and the accuracy; it’s about future believers. I believe that this whole trilogy was trying to make the fans mad. Because it’s not supposed to be about them. That’s just my take.

    SO you disagree because... then don't deliver actual points on where you disagree?

    Lore and accuracy don't matter? Ok, lets make the next star wars movie bring back snoke as the leader, because he was the one really behind palpatine. And anyone can have the force if they chose to, so lets say Wicket the Ewok decides for no reason or training to build a lightsaber and a space ship to get off Endor to begin his battle against Snoke - because its all a bit of fun righ who cares?

    Or I know Batman, NO Batwoman! beats up superman without the use of Kryptonite, because she just can and that's that. Just accept it because its all a bit of fun.

    No - lore exists for a reason and accuracy of the lore allows you to understand the rules of whatever franchise and world you chose to watch and allows you to become immersed in those worlds, that's what makes it all fun - not making everything up as you go along and screw everything and everyone else, because hey - its just a bit of fun.

    No.

    Obviously you missed my point. My mother likes the sequels. She doesn’t know squat about Star Wars. She dislikes the prequels.

    My sister likes the sequels. She doesn’t care one bit for hyperspace travel, or the existence of a galactic senate, or the intricate types of beings in the Star Wars universe. She thinks the prequels are hilarious.

    My point is that lore makes a universe fun for nerds - and no one else. The general audience doesn’t care about lore, and thus they don’t care about the prequels, which is 100% lore.

    The originals had lore, BUT THAT WAS NOT THE POINT (yes I’m bringing out all caps). The nerds who built the lore turned Star Wars into a hyper fan fest, with rules and guidelines flying left and right. Disney ended that because that inspires no one. That isn’t what makes the movie industry exciting.

    Don’t get me wrong, I like Star Wars lore too, and the sequel trilogy’s clearly warp and twist it. They almost make fun of it. And that is on purpose. And you just proved that it worked. It’s making the nerds so mad, that they are “boycotting” the films. And that, my friend, is the entire point.

    Your whole thing about Wicket and Snoke would be funny, sure, but it has no message. That’s what Abrams and Johnson have made very clear about this trilogy: It’s here to teach us a lesson. Disney can advertise and merchandise whatever they please; but these two expert filmmakers are here to teach something, which if you look closely, they definitely achieve.

    I enjoyed the movie. So did a lot of other people. Because they don’t care about the lore. This trilogy is for them.

    So Disney purposefully wants to tank their new franchise that cost them over $4B to acquire, because they want to anger all the fans - no. If you honestly believe that, then oh dear, I am seriously lost for words.

    Yes the casual observer may like the ST better than the PT. They still could have made the ST more fun and entertaining as well as adhering to established lore of the world.

    My Wicket and Snoke story is no different than what JJ and Johnson has served us with the ST. Sure it has a message, it subverts expectations, could give you mindless action and effects with no real story or character development and pokes fun at what many people hold dear. Its no different to the ST at all.

    As for Batwoman v. Superman - that could be really entertaining and it doesn't matter that Batwoman beats Superman down to strength without the use of kryptonite, because it doesn't matter - lore doesn't matter, as long as its entertaining, right?

    Tank the saga? Lol, absolutely not. The general audience now gets to enjoy Star Wars. Also, you missed all of the things that the movies tried to tell you.

    It’s okay to fail.

    We must deal with our problems.

    Value can be found in everything.

    Anyone can be a hero.

    Friendship wins, not hatred.

    I mean all of these things are represented in these movies, and you are just ignoring it. But most of all, the lore isn’t what gives us these things, and that’s why it’s okay to make lore secondary.
  • Rise of Skywalker
    Boo wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    TFA = it was essentially a remake of ANH, but it did set up the new characters and gave the new trilogy some excitement as to where it was going to go.

    TLJ = exhisted to "subvert" expectations and not in a good way. Ignored all set-ups created with TFA and illogically killed off and/or disrespected characters, broke established lore of the franchise, created pointless side missions and taking away from well needed time to flesh out character relationships, main plot etc. TLJ left the trilogy with pretty nowhere to go.

    TROS = Tried to retcon some issues with TLJ as well as explain everything from TFA, while trying to win back fans through nostalgia. This movie was left with too much to do in too little of a time - we all saw how that went down with the likes of Spider-Man 3. Too messy and it didn't flow nicely at all.
    Lore was further broken in regard to power of deceased sith or jedi passing on to the surviving sith or jedi respectively - totally takes away from established lore re: genetics, midichlorians etc and the creation of the Chosen One.
    Additionally bringing back Palpatine and affirming Rey as the actual chosen one (not Anakin) undid everything from Episodes 1-6, they are now pointless.

    Therefore TROS has done more to hurt the franchise than TLJ did. Overall this entire trilogy is an incoherent mess that is completely pointless and undoes everything that people enjoyed and took to heart about star wars - for the sake of what?

    Disagree

    Fair enough. But I believe I am 100% correct. SO I guess we agree to disagree then, lol

    Care to state why you disagree?

    I disagree because you think that what you believe is gospel. You like to pick out whatever you can to protect your love of the originals. I get that. But you need to let go.

    However, you are obviously allowed to have whatever opinion you want, and I can see where the sequels falter. But I think it’s important to recognize that it’s not about the lore and the accuracy; it’s about future believers. I believe that this whole trilogy was trying to make the fans mad. Because it’s not supposed to be about them. That’s just my take.

    SO you disagree because... then don't deliver actual points on where you disagree?

    Lore and accuracy don't matter? Ok, lets make the next star wars movie bring back snoke as the leader, because he was the one really behind palpatine. And anyone can have the force if they chose to, so lets say Wicket the Ewok decides for no reason or training to build a lightsaber and a space ship to get off Endor to begin his battle against Snoke - because its all a bit of fun righ who cares?

    Or I know Batman, NO Batwoman! beats up superman without the use of Kryptonite, because she just can and that's that. Just accept it because its all a bit of fun.

    No - lore exists for a reason and accuracy of the lore allows you to understand the rules of whatever franchise and world you chose to watch and allows you to become immersed in those worlds, that's what makes it all fun - not making everything up as you go along and screw everything and everyone else, because hey - its just a bit of fun.

    No.

    Obviously you missed my point. My mother likes the sequels. She doesn’t know squat about Star Wars. She dislikes the prequels.

    My sister likes the sequels. She doesn’t care one bit for hyperspace travel, or the existence of a galactic senate, or the intricate types of beings in the Star Wars universe. She thinks the prequels are hilarious.

    My point is that lore makes a universe fun for nerds - and no one else. The general audience doesn’t care about lore, and thus they don’t care about the prequels, which is 100% lore.

    The originals had lore, BUT THAT WAS NOT THE POINT (yes I’m bringing out all caps). The nerds who built the lore turned Star Wars into a hyper fan fest, with rules and guidelines flying left and right. Disney ended that because that inspires no one. That isn’t what makes the movie industry exciting.

    Don’t get me wrong, I like Star Wars lore too, and the sequel trilogy’s clearly warp and twist it. They almost make fun of it. And that is on purpose. And you just proved that it worked. It’s making the nerds so mad, that they are “boycotting” the films. And that, my friend, is the entire point.

    Your whole thing about Wicket and Snoke would be funny, sure, but it has no message. That’s what Abrams and Johnson have made very clear about this trilogy: It’s here to teach us a lesson. Disney can advertise and merchandise whatever they please; but these two expert filmmakers are here to teach something, which if you look closely, they definitely achieve.

    I enjoyed the movie. So did a lot of other people. Because they don’t care about the lore. This trilogy is for them.

    So Disney purposefully wants to tank their new franchise that cost them over $4B to acquire, because they want to anger all the fans - no. If you honestly believe that, then oh dear, I am seriously lost for words.

    Yes the casual observer may like the ST better than the PT. They still could have made the ST more fun and entertaining as well as adhering to established lore of the world.

    My Wicket and Snoke story is no different than what JJ and Johnson has served us with the ST. Sure it has a message, it subverts expectations, could give you mindless action and effects with no real story or character development and pokes fun at what many people hold dear. Its no different to the ST at all.

    As for Batwoman v. Superman - that could be really entertaining and it doesn't matter that Batwoman beats Superman down to strength without the use of kryptonite, because it doesn't matter - lore doesn't matter, as long as its entertaining, right?

    You do know that The Force Awakens made $2.07 billion and is the 4th highest grossing film of all time right?

    The Last Jedi made $1.33 Billion and is the 13th highest grossing film of all time.

    Also, ROS made $373 million in its box-office weekend.

    All old heads love the OT even though it has a bunch of plot holes too.

    Let the newer generation enjoy their version of star wars and stop hating.

    The movies arent even bad.
  • The Last Jedi
    TLJ easy
  • The Last Jedi
    Prequels are what got me into Star Wars. Not the OT. I wouldn't have managed to watch beyond the first 15 mins if I started with episode 4.
    Don't get me wrong, I like the OT. But if I had to pick my fav, I'd say prequels (even though they're pretty bad).

    So yea, I see the sequels as what is going to get the current generation into SW. Not everyone needs to like it, just as the other two trilogies.
  • Rise of Skywalker
    khelzac wrote: »
    Prequels are what got me into Star Wars. Not the OT. I wouldn't have managed to watch beyond the first 15 mins if I started with episode 4.
    Don't get me wrong, I like the OT. But if I had to pick my fav, I'd say prequels (even though they're pretty bad).

    So yea, I see the sequels as what is going to get the current generation into SW. Not everyone needs to like it, just as the other two trilogies.

    Yeah. Even though I was alive during the prequels, the only reason I got into star wars was because of Padmé and Rey lmaooo.

    🚫🧢
  • Nihion
    3002 posts Member
    Rise of Skywalker
    khelzac wrote: »
    Prequels are what got me into Star Wars. Not the OT. I wouldn't have managed to watch beyond the first 15 mins if I started with episode 4.
    Don't get me wrong, I like the OT. But if I had to pick my fav, I'd say prequels (even though they're pretty bad).

    So yea, I see the sequels as what is going to get the current generation into SW. Not everyone needs to like it, just as the other two trilogies.

    This guy gets it
Sign In or Register to comment.