Are the Droids a good route?

Right now I have Both it's 86 and 88. Are they worth farming I have both of them at 4* and they seem to be strong. Any weak spots where I should be worried? Speed..ect.

Replies

• JoshG
    908 posts Member
    Options
    In the current meta their are better teams to focus on. That being said they could be more viable with the coming patch, but who knows.
  • Options
    yes. its very powerful squad. they can wipe out everybody
  • Options
    Alright, cool thanks for the tip!!
  • Jabberwocky
    1809 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I'm running droids in Arena, they're good on offense for top 50-20 finish when fully maxxed and occasionally top 15-10 but with the current speed/dps meta, it's tough. I usually finish 35-25 without refreshing fights. Also, they're not the best on defense.

I even tried Lobot lead but it doesn't overcome QGJ led jedi, Dooku, etc speed and the spot is better used with HK or Poggle as leader. If they fixed his dispel not working on healing immunity it might help at least against Sid teams but suspect not.

Hard to say with the coming changes what will be viable but it seems clear the fastest toons are getting a damage nerf in the name of balance.

You MUST run droids with a taunt, Poe works best because he's quick and he has expose and TM reduction on enemy. RG is ok and the stuns are good but it doesn't help if your 88 is getting OHKO'd. Han is also ok but he's slower off the mark (unless Akbar leads) though his TM is for allies so there's no resisting it which is a plus. One problem running this squad against QGJ teams is his second special can dispel taunts so you have to target accordingly or risk losing it if you forego QGJ for another dps dealer.

The droids are fun to run in GW and I throw my droid team in at round 10 (HK (L), 88 , 86 , Poggle and Poe) for a guaranteed win and usually have all but Poe left for round 11 when I'll use a different taunter or just throw in Lobot. I often get through round 11 as well but at the very least, knock out 2-4 toons and soften the rest up, before sending the A team back in.

The datamined info on Jawa Engineer looks like he might help make droids more relevant again too whenever he shows up.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    Alright I appreciate the info, I take all I can when it comes to that. Cool man!
  • effdash
    150 posts Member
    Options
    They are slow yes. I'll have a fully maxed out droid team tomorrow night and I don't have any regrets. Know when to use them and they'll serve you just right.
  • Options
    Alright I appreciate the info, I take all I can when it comes to that. Cool man!

Check out this thread for more droid advice / discussion

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/224557#Comment_224557
    Ally Code: 945-699-762