Reyia's Droids Helpline

Replies

• Options
    Reyia wrote: »
    Any discussion of droids needs to address Lobot, General Grievous and IG-100 as well.

HK is a star against the Jedi heavy teams currently in favor on the arena ladders, his AoE debuff is doubled against Jedi.

@Jabberwocky You are right those are droids/droids related.

The reason why I didn't discuss them is that I don't have much experience using them and I don't have GG unlocked in both accounts. I'm farming Lobot and IG100 albeit very slowly and it will be a LONG while before I can use them in my squads to test them out.

GG isn't easily accessible/farmable for most players and I'll therefore leave GG discussions to those who own him and have experience using him in the battles.

Lobot is farmable from the LS hard nodes 4-B and 5-B. He has a overall rating of 36 in SWGoH cantina.
    Lobot

IG100 is farmable from cantina 3-C and DS 6-E. He has an overall rating of 66 in SWGoh cantina.
    IG100
    He has been buffed in the recent patch but I still didn't find him used. RG/Poe remains the preferred tank rather than IG100 and it remains to be seen if he would be buffed again to make him used more often in a droid team.

HK47 use has increased and is a legit replacement for IG88 against Jedi teams as he has increased health, can't be one-shotted (15k health and self revive), and cause mayhem among Jedis' meatbags with double chances to inflict ability block, speed down, offense down, and defense down.

My Lobot is nearly maxxed ability, and is at max gear, he's not currently usable in Arena but he's fun in GW. He was more use under the tiered speed system but now, not so much.

Hopefully under the new game mechanics toons like him, and others will become relevant again, for now the speed / damage meta reigns supreme.

Not impressed with 100 yet though mine is not starred/leveled/ geared yet.

14nfign.png
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    I've got a 7* gs 86 is currently 5* and 86 4* I'll finish farming qui gon to 7* ( 2 days) then I'll start on Poe. Wonder if they will release any other droids. Droideka etc
  • Options
    Leaner619 wrote: »
    I've got a 7* gs 86 is currently 5* and 86 4* I'll finish farming qui gon to 7* ( 2 days) then I'll start on Poe. Wonder if they will release any other droids. Droideka etc

Well you've got to figure that eventually they'll release R2-D2 and C-3PO and maybe BB-8, but yeah, droideka would be awesome. I'd like to see them make the other non-playable droids they have in game, available.

I'm Looking forward to light side droids, plus I think a healer droid is long overdue, maybe the 2-1B surgical droid would be good.

Musing about the "fortitude" attribute perhaps in future a toon who could regenerate this would be the Gonk droid, as a mobile power source, he'd be an ideal fit in this role.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    Any discussion of droids needs to address Lobot, General Grievous and IG-100 as well.

HK is a star against the Jedi heavy teams currently in favor on the arena ladders, his AoE debuff is doubled against Jedi.

@Jabberwocky You are right those are droids/droids related.

The reason why I didn't discuss them is that I don't have much experience using them and I don't have GG unlocked in both accounts. I'm farming Lobot and IG100 albeit very slowly and it will be a LONG while before I can use them in my squads to test them out.

GG isn't easily accessible/farmable for most players and I'll therefore leave GG discussions to those who own him and have experience using him in the battles.

Lobot is farmable from the LS hard nodes 4-B and 5-B. He has a overall rating of 36 in SWGoH cantina.
    Lobot

IG100 is farmable from cantina 3-C and DS 6-E. He has an overall rating of 66 in SWGoh cantina.
    IG100
    He has been buffed in the recent patch but I still didn't find him used. RG/Poe remains the preferred tank rather than IG100 and it remains to be seen if he would be buffed again to make him used more often in a droid team.

HK47 use has increased and is a legit replacement for IG88 against Jedi teams as he has increased health, can't be one-shotted (15k health and self revive), and cause mayhem among Jedis' meatbags with double chances to inflict ability block, speed down, offense down, and defense down.

My Lobot is nearly maxxed ability, and is at max gear, he's not currently usable in Arena but he's fun in GW. He was more use under the tiered speed system but now, not so much.

Hopefully under the new game mechanics toons like him, and others will become relevant again, for now the speed / damage meta reigns supreme.

Not impressed with 100 yet though mine is not starred/leveled/ geared yet.

14nfign.png

That's great that you have Lobot at max gear and high skills! Have you tried putting him as leader in squad arena and see how many places you drop?

Currently QGJ dominates the meta but I can see a change in the top ranks. More and more are using Dooku as leader, something I haven't seen before. There was a guildie's shard whose top 20 was 95% Dooku led.

IG100 isn't that viable now. Hopefully he will be after the patch, who knows? I'll keep farming just in case he got a massive buff like RG did and would be number one tank for droid teams.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    Leaner619 wrote: »

@Leaner619

In the near future Jawa Engineer would more likely be released before other droids such as R2D2 or C3PO.

Check out the following link which contains many of the un-released characters in the game.
    Not yet released characters
  • Options
    So, my current droid team is doing fairly well, got to 198 last night (unfortunately after prizes). Dropped to 389 this morning, but I can make up the ground pretty quick. My problem is over half the top 200 is QGJ speed teams, and I don't know how to combat that. Is there any tips you can give me, or am I screwed without Poe? For reference, I'll once again post my team:

HK-47 (L) L68 6* Gear VIII

GS L70 4* Gear VIII

IG-86 L70 5* Gear VIII

Poggle L65 5* Gear VII

IG-88 L64 5* Gear VII
  • Options
    ZHunter99 wrote: »
    So, my current droid team is doing fairly well, got to 198 last night (unfortunately after prizes). Dropped to 389 this morning, but I can make up the ground pretty quick. My problem is over half the top 200 is QGJ speed teams, and I don't know how to combat that. Is there any tips you can give me, or am I screwed without Poe? For reference, I'll once again post my team:

GS L70 4* Gear VIII

IG-86 L70 5* Gear VIII

Poggle L65 5* Gear VII

IG-88 L64 5* Gear VII

Traditionally droid teams need a tank to protect the IGs. As you don't have one maybe you could try poggle as leader (with his +22% offence) and swap out hk47 for another character?

Don't know who else you have available. A stunner would be good perhaps.

I would tell you to farm Poe but with the big changes coming up in the next update you may as well stick with farming the characters you have for now.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options

GS L70 4* Gear VIII

IG-86 L70 5* Gear VIII

Poggle L65 5* Gear VII

IG-88 L64 5* Gear VII

@ZHunter99

The reason why Poe is so suited for droids teams is that he taunts for two turns, decrease enemies turn meter, and exposes which makes the crits higher. RG could also be used for tanking as his taunt automatically turns on whenever an ally gets below 50%.

With QGJ teams u need to kill QGJ first as he can cause much havoc with offense up and 75% more damage from assisting allies.

Farm the gear for Poggle and IG88 and get them to VIII. I would suggest using Poggle as leader so as to maximize damage output.

Poggle (leader) , IG86, IG88, GS, HK47.

Get GS up to 7* ASAP and you will soon climb up easily. Stop farming shards for HK47 and get IG88 to 7* first. You should farm IG86 and Poggle in the hard nodes too in addition to GW. Get IG86 to 7* before Poggle.

With the announced changes droids' damage will be boosted after patch. So continue on farming shards for your droids and get them to 7*.
  • Options

GS L70 4* Gear VIII

IG-86 L70 5* Gear VIII

Poggle L65 5* Gear VII

IG-88 L64 5* Gear VII

@ZHunter99

The reason why Poe is so suited for droids teams is that he taunts for two turns, decrease enemies turn meter, and exposes which makes the crits higher. RG could also be used for tanking as his taunt automatically turns on whenever an ally gets below 50%.

With QGJ teams u need to kill QGJ first as he can cause much havoc with offense up and 75% more damage from assisting allies.

Farm the gear for Poggle and IG88 and get them to VIII. I would suggest using Poggle as leader so as to maximize damage output.

Get GS up to 7* ASAP and you will soon climb up easily. Stop farming shards for HK47 and get IG88 to 7* first. You should farm IG86 and Poggle in the hard nodes too in addition to GW. Get IG86 to 7* before Poggle.

With the announced changes droids' damage will be boosted after patch. So continue on farming shards for your droids and get them to 7*.

Thanks, guys. I'll start farming the IGs. I'm already farming Poe/GS, but it's going slowly; I'm not getting enough crystals from the Arena to afford a Cantina refresh (unless that's a better investment than two energy refreshes).
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options

GS L70 4* Gear VIII

IG-86 L70 5* Gear VIII

Poggle L65 5* Gear VII

IG-88 L64 5* Gear VII

@ZHunter99

Thanks, guys. I'll start farming the IGs. I'm already farming Poe/GS, but it's going slowly; I'm not getting enough crystals from the Arena to afford a Cantina refresh (unless that's a better investment than two energy refreshes).

If you want to play this long term I would advise getting a 21 days subscription for 100 crystals daily and a chest of crystals which you can use sparingly only for refreshes. To improve faster do 50, 50, 100, 100, 100 energy refreshes and 100, 200 cantina refreshes. That would help in faster starring of GS and Poe's shards. The energy refreshes would help in hard nodes farming and gearing. By improving faster you will be able to get higher ranks and thus get better crystal rewards.
  • Options

GS L70 4* Gear VIII

IG-86 L70 5* Gear VIII

Poggle L65 5* Gear VII

IG-88 L64 5* Gear VII

@ZHunter99

If you want to play this long term I would advise getting a 21 days subscription for 100 crystals daily and a chest of crystals which you can use sparingly only for refreshes. To improve faster do 50, 50, 100, 100, 100 energy refreshes and 100, 200 cantina refreshes. That would help in faster starring of GS and Poe's shards. The energy refreshes would help in hard nodes farming and gearing. By improving faster you will be able to get higher ranks and thus get better crystal rewards.

Unfortunately, I don't have the funds to do that currently. As a purely F2P player, how should I use my crystals?
  • VinceG
    36 posts Member
    Options
    My ig-100 is six stars so far hopefully he's viable on a droid team
  • Options
    So i pressed on IG-88 just to check how many shards i have of it then as luck would have it i pressed confirmed too so i think i'm force to get him now, since i'm hoarding my arena tokens is he okay without any droid synergy because i really am not a fan of the droid squad.
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Options
    Hi reyia, so I finally gave in :# I started a new account and going for the classic droid team with Poe poggle and the 3 droids. I just wanted to know something, can I leave HK on 4* and get 88 to 7* first or should I do both? I know 88 has the lowest Hp from all so wanted to max him after unlocking HK but I'm not sure if I can leave him at 4* for that long
  • Options
    I also just started a alt account (son chose the name BB8- oh joy) to play droids and went straight for the droid pack.

on a new server so within 3 days top 200 while still not having GW opened up. Hopefully in next 2 days I'll have that and really start accelerating team development.

I am going Poe (cantina tokens), GS node 1, IG88 arena, 86 GW (once opened) as the first grind. Leaving HK at 4* until 88 is 6 or 7*.

However wondering if to add poggle for leader before maxing 86..... decisions decisions decisions.

I do love the droids, so much more interesting than the QGJ, Lumi, Sid, GS, Phasma balh blah blah.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options

GS L70 4* Gear VIII

IG-86 L70 5* Gear VIII

Poggle L65 5* Gear VII

IG-88 L64 5* Gear VII

@ZHunter99

Unfortunately, I don't have the funds to do that currently. As a purely F2P player, how should I use my crystals?

If you are a pure F2P player the best use for your crystals is the energy refreshes. Do the 50, 50 for energy and 100 for cantina. Anything left over you could do more energy at 100 each to farm for gear.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    VinceG wrote: »

@VinceG Nice a IG100 at 6*! Do try him out and see how he performs in the current meta. He should be good versus Jedi teams.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    So i pressed on IG-88 just to check how many shards i have of it then as luck would have it i pressed confirmed too so i think i'm force to get him now, since i'm hoarding my arena tokens is he okay without any droid synergy because i really am not a fan of the droid squad.

@RidleyGiggity I've used him in my main's arena squad for a while just on his own. If you have Sid as well they form an awesome pair to cause massive damage! Combine that with Poggle and you get one of the best AoE team you can get. If he lives that is.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    DV_27 wrote: »
    Hi reyia, so I finally gave in :# I started a new account and going for the classic droid team with Poe poggle and the 3 droids. I just wanted to know something, can I leave HK on 4* and get 88 to 7* first or should I do both? I know 88 has the lowest Hp from all so wanted to max him after unlocking HK but I'm not sure if I can leave him at 4* for that long

@DV_27

Hi DV, great to hear that you have started a brand new account! Yes you can leave HK at 4* and continue 88 to 7*. That's what I did in my alt. You can read my Diary day by day to see my squad and who I choose to level first. I left him at low stars for a month before I changed to Poggle. Get GS to 7*. As it's a new account farm GS and don't stop for anyone. Poggle can be farmed after you get IG86 to 7*. Poe from cantina shipments.

HK47 (leader)
    Poe
    IG88
    IG86
    GS

That team will get you through anything in a new shard. You will be in the top 10 and maintain that rank. Hopefully there are no major whales in your shard.
  • Dekayingsoul
    632 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    @Reyia I was wondering who the better tank is for a droid team, Poe or RG. This might of been discussed in this thread already but (sorry) I don't have the time to go through all 500ish posts to find.
  • Options
    @Reyia I was wondering who the better tank is for a droid team, Poe or RG. This might of been discussed in this thread already but (sorry) I don't have the time to go through all 500ish posts to find.

I run Poe on my droid team because of his turn meter manipulation. Once Poe uses his taunt my droids get to go immediately afterwards. RG's taunt procs whenever an ally gets below 50% health but with the IGs being so easy to one shot, his taunt will still usually come after one of them is dead. On defense though RG has that fear factor where maybe someone doesn't attack you because you have a RG.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    I also just started a alt account (son chose the name BB8- oh joy) to play droids and went straight for the droid pack.

on a new server so within 3 days top 200 while still not having GW opened up. Hopefully in next 2 days I'll have that and really start accelerating team development.

I am going Poe (cantina tokens), GS node 1, IG88 arena, 86 GW (once opened) as the first grind. Leaving HK at 4* until 88 is 6 or 7*.

However wondering if to add poggle for leader before maxing 86..... decisions decisions decisions.

I do love the droids, so much more interesting than the QGJ, Lumi, Sid, GS, Phasma balh blah blah.

@Inthethickofit Nice choice of name by your son! Love that name BB8!

Awesome decision to choose droids. Our droids users have increased significantly already thanks to Google play promotions and events.

Great plan, exactly what I did for my alt! Farm IG88 till 7*, then start farming HK47 shards.

Don't go for Poggle now. Go directly for IG86 as soon as GW opens and don't stop till IG86 is 7*. Then start farming Poggle.

We need more <3 for droids!! Hope the devs make more droid characters available!
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options

@Dekayingsoul For a droid team I would say Poe. The reasons are three fold- taunt for 2 turns provides protection for weak droids so that they live to deal the damage, remove turn meter from enemies and make them go slower so that you can deal damage faster, and chance to expose enemies for 2 turns. The expose will increase damage received by that character.
  • Options

@RidleyGiggity I've used him in my main's arena squad for a while just on his own. If you have Sid as well they form an awesome pair to cause massive damage! Combine that with Poggle and you get one of the best AoE team you can get. If he lives that is.

I have Sid maxed already and going to have Poggle unlocked today. Best of luck to me then :smiley: Thanks
  • Taramel
    601 posts Member
    Options

@VinceG Nice a IG100 at 6*! Do try him out and see how he performs in the current meta. He should be good versus Jedi teams.

@Reyia sadly no I have been a droid fan since day one and have a maxed droid team. I used IG-100 way more before they "buffed" him. I have him 6* with enough shards to 7 him but after the update he is actually way weaker than he used to be I am finding. I think one of the biggest nerfs to him was him losing his life steal. his AOE attacked used to give him a nice heal. I have said it before and I'll say it again he might, MIGHT, be better once they fix his passive buffs so they actually work but not really sold on that as he gets both of them from Poggle anyways....
  • Hyperalloy
    202 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Taramel wrote: »

@Reyia sadly no I have been a droid fan since day one and have a maxed droid team. I used IG-100 way more before they "buffed" him. I have him 6* with enough shards to 7 him but after the update he is actually way weaker than he used to be I am finding. I think one of the biggest nerfs to him was him losing his life steal. his AOE attacked used to give him a nice heal. I have said it before and I'll say it again he might, MIGHT, be better once they fix his passive buffs so they actually work but not really sold on that as he gets both of them from Poggle anyways....

True, I have a 4 star level 60 gear 6 IG-100 that used to have too little health but at least it had decent damage for its given level of power. Now he finally has the decent health he deserves, but hits like a limp noodle of minimal mass. They must have made another silly programming mistake of reading his damage stat off his INTELLIGENCE instead of his currently dominant trait, STRENGTH.

Oh well, they used to flip FOTP's Agility and Strength stats when he reaches 7 star and made a supposed glass cannon that functioned like a titatnium alloy cannon, so I won't be surprised. Or the Dooku debacle where upgrading his basic attack from level 6 to 7 actually REDUCES his likelihood of double attack to 5% instead of incrasing to 50%.
    Post edited by Hyperalloy on
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options

@Taramel So sad IG100 is not viable currently :'( He deserves a good boost for him to have a place in the squad. There is already a lack of tank in general, with so many 'tanks' without taunts or special abilities that encourage people to attack them first. The 'buff' seems to be a 'nerf' in disguise. His description used to say he was good versus Jedis and now it has no mention since the character descriptions got a rework through the most recent patch. IG88 for example no longer says high dodge character. Poe and RG still are the best tanks for droids/droid hybrid teams.
  • VinceG
    36 posts Member
    Options
    I wish I had a chance to use ig-100 pre buff/nerf qgj teams are too much for droids currently
  • Hyperalloy
    202 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

@Taramel So sad IG100 is not viable currently :'( He deserves a good boost for him to have a place in the squad. There is already a lack of tank in general, with so many 'tanks' without taunts or special abilities that encourage people to attack them first. The 'buff' seems to be a 'nerf' in disguise. His description used to say he was good versus Jedis and now it has no mention since the character descriptions got a rework through the most recent patch. IG88 for example no longer says high dodge character. Poe and RG still are the best tanks for droids/droid hybrid teams.

Agreed, I remember the old IG-100 had only one real flaw: a stooopid lack of health and armour. The rest of its kit was ideal for its role as anti-Jedi droid. As for lack of speed, nothing HK-47 leadership can't fix, so it's not as bad as one might think.

Now they fixed the lack of health but messed up everything else. I hope this does not foreshadow worse changes to come, but I'm not hopeful.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    Hyperalloy wrote: »

True, I have a 4 star level 60 gear 6 IG-100 that used to have too little health but at least it had decent damage for its given level of power. Now he finally has the decent health he deserves, but hits like a limp noodle of minimal mass. They must have made another silly programming mistake of reading his damage stat off his INTELLIGENCE instead of his currently dominant trait, STRENGTH.

Oh well, they used to flip FOTP's Agility and Strength stats when he reaches 7 star and made a supposed glass cannon that functioned like a titatnium alloy cannon, so I won't be surprised. Or the Dooku debacle where upgrading his basic attack from level 6 to 7 actually REDUCES his likelihood of double attack to 5% instead of incrasing to 50%.

@Hyperalloy Lol so many programming mistakes from the devs. Yea I remember the days when FOTP got an unnatural increase in stamina making him the best damage dealer with massive health. He was like a tank that hits like Rey. And yes too many times increasing abilities actually reduced them instead. So they increased IG100 health but decreased his damage. Plus he doesn't have taunt. I don't see his purpose in a droid team.