Which platform exclusive do you like more?

Prev1
Reyia
1171 posts Member
edited March 2016
Recently there are two platform exclusive events/rewards.

Android users have droids event plus 12 days of spring data packs.

Droids Fight Back Event (Google Play Exclusive) – in this limited time event players will be required to form a squad of at least 3 droids to face off against the Jawas. The first tier of the event requires the player droids to be 2 star, the second tier 4 star and the final tier 6 star. Players who can complete the event will be rewarded with various prizes, including the chance to receive droid character Shards!

Apple/iOS users received a free Lando character via twitter app.

Which platform exclusive do you like more? 168 votes

Droids fight back event plus spring data packs
64%
scubaTelaanSyth_Huntercosmicturtle333JabberwockyPreemo_MaginbleeaauuhClintos_FreshmakerxJazzxslashy42ichotolotZtyleBerdilioHeHateMeEM650CronozNLStarSonRandalldano7591Seku 109 votes
Lando
35%
TaniwhaGenakumaShanksCharlesbusakozakjanosDrakeIXJaceTirelChewy_Johnson68BLuby25benacrowKAULIFoojBrownieCytrialRomao33wikking4uMcPot45FlyPhishWillkimm98Mith 59 votes

Replies

• Options
    2* Lando, LMAO
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    Lando
    Lando. Hands down better than anything they can ever release. Palpatine, Padme, Jango, EVEN Jar Jar Binks. Lando is just too fabulous
  • Options
    I knew it would not take long for this one,lol.

I think the droid event yeilds higher rewards. For me though I liked the 15 Lando shards as I have all the droids Maxed and Lando I was working towards 6* so this saved me 400-500 crystals in refreshes so I'm happy.
  • M9silent
    821 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Honestly, neither. I have an Android and didn't care to do or even waste the resources trying the droid event. The free packs are okay I guess.

I guess iOS got a free Lando? Also unimportant. I wouldn't use him at all anyways (I have him, unleveled). His character doesn't interest me in anyway (I like all Jedi teams. Or Rebel teams. Maybe Empire team if my guys were higher star).

Anyways, either reward is 'meh' in my opinion.

Edit: spelling
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    Lando
    I knew it would not take long for this one,lol.

I think the droid event yeilds higher rewards. For me though I liked the 15 Lando shards as I have all the droids Maxed and Lando I was working towards 6* so this saved me 400-500 crystals in refreshes so I'm happy.

@DarthMasterShawn lol you guessed right. Didn't take long for this poll to show up :D
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    Lando
    Voted Lando as my droids are maxed in alt and both accounts didn't have him unlocked.
  • Options
    Lando
    In all seriousness, If they don't rework Lando, Phasma teams have a new tech they can add to their teams. Adv Buff~AOE~AOE ~AOE. Wish Lando had better stats tho
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Options
    The droids fight back event cost me 18 arena shipments and 3 GW shipments to get 3 droids to 4*. I also used a bunch of gear to get 3 droids from vaoiurs gear levels (including 0) to gear 7. I also used a bunch of XP droids to get them to level 60.

In return I get ~500k, ~75 shards, ~20 purple mats, and a bunch of T7 xp droids I cant afford to use.

It cost a lot more, gives a lot more. I think its only better because I intend on 7* every hero.
  • Options
    Android got credits and stuff. I need credits. lol
    (but iOS for life, yo!)
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    Lando
    Randall wrote: »
    The droids fight back event cost me 18 arena shipments and 3 GW shipments to get 3 droids to 4*. I also used a bunch of gear to get 3 droids from vaoiurs gear levels (including 0) to gear 7. I also used a bunch of XP droids to get them to level 60.

In return I get ~500k, ~75 shards, ~20 purple mats, and a bunch of T7 xp droids I cant afford to use.

It cost a lot more, gives a lot more. I think its only better because I intend on 7* every hero.

@Randall A droids team is worth the credits and time to level up and gear. You could use one to clear a hard node in GW for example. And with the future patch the slow droids will get a damage buff.
  • Options
    Droids are giving us like what 25k a day and shards for just logging in?
    Ability mat etc.

Feels far more valuable than a 2* Lando.
    Honestly though I'm no fanboy but there's no reason for Lando to be 2 stars.

Also there's a Lando promotion on Google play atm. I'm not sure what it's about, but it's in the other thread.

| John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    Lando
    Android got credits and stuff. I need credits. lol
    (but iOS for life, yo!)

@FashionFett Indeed we all need credits to 7* and level up all the heroes to 70! (Well we all need except whales who has all at 7* and level 70)
  • xJazzx
    808 posts Member
    Options
    Prefer the android freebies due to the credits and mats.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    Lando
    Ability mat etc.

Also there's a Lando promotion on Google play atm. I'm not sure what it's about, but it's in the other thread.

@InternetSwag It seems to me the droids event is better as you not only get free shards but also an event with rewards that includes mats and credits too.
  • Options
    Don't forget, there's an achievement tied to the Android event too for 350k credits.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    Reyia wrote: »
    Ability mat etc.

@InternetSwag It seems to me the droids event is better as you not only get free shards but also an event with rewards that includes mats and credits too.

True dat :) either way at least both sides got something so nobody walks away empty handed.

But having to redeem a code/install Twitter is just iffy.

I mean why is Twitter even involved here :D
  • Options
    Yes the Droid event gives more. They got some content too, which was my biggest issue. This though for IOS users(Lando) was a very nice gesture of good faith by EA/CG. Things keep happening that rile everyone(me included) up, and they are making these little efforts and gestures of good faith to us to show they listen. While I am still dissapointed of the content(and sure creds and mats,lol) not received I am grateful for the Lando shards and think that was a great sign by them. nice job!
  • Options
    It's a tough call because while I wanted the 2 star Lando I would rather play an event and win him than just get him. I mean it's more fun to play so I voted the Android event.
  • Options
    It's a tough call because while I wanted the 2 star Lando I would rather play an event and win him than just get him. I mean it's more fun to play so I voted the Android event.

When you get Lando from this promotion (if you don't already have Lando), he comes as a 2* hero. You would need 25 shards to get him to 3*, etc. So, you kinda would have to "play" to get him to his 4* status. :)

• Options

When you get Lando from this promotion (if you don't already have Lando), he comes as a 2* hero. You would need 25 shards to get him to 3*, etc. So, you kinda would have to "play" to get him to his 4* status. :)

:sunglasses: there's always a loophole
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    @Reyia I have 3 droids levels 57, 57, and 61. That is 4.34M to get them to 70. IDK how much more gear, ability mats, and credits (for skills and gear)...So not even close to worth it. With the exception of like 3 days I haven't needed a B team for GW in about 2 months. Honestly I have probably only used a suicide squad like 7 times in the last 2 months. I had like 2 days of challenge after the GW fix on the 18th and since then its been steamrolling. I may go back to only using 4 heroes or no specials other than JC heal to make it more fun. (EDIT) hummm I have 12 level 70s most of which should have good enough gear...I may try a no heal GW.

Droids =/= credit costs. #creditcrunch
  • Options
    I was going to say Lando, then found out he was only 2*.

I did not bother with the droid event by the way, just collecting the spring cards.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    Lando
    Randall wrote: »
    @Reyia I have 3 droids levels 57, 57, and 61. That is 4.34M to get them to 70. IDK how much more gear, ability mats, and credits (for skills and gear)...So not even close to worth it. With the exception of like 3 days I haven't needed a B team for GW in about 2 months. Honestly I have probably only used a suicide squad like 7 times in the last 2 months. I had like 2 days of challenge after the GW fix on the 18th and since then its been steamrolling. I may go back to only using 4 heroes or no specials other than JC heal to make it more fun. (EDIT) hummm I have 12 level 70s most of which should have good enough gear...I may try a no heal GW.

Droids =/= credit costs. #creditcrunch

@Randall It depends on individuals to consider whether it's 'worth it' or not. I enjoy playing a droids team so it's worth all the mats and credits needed. You are lucky to not needing to use suicide squads. I use them daily to absorb special abilities from enemy teams. The credit crunch is real though. So many to star and level but not enough credits to do so. Hope they bring better platform exclusives on iOS as a 2* character feels a little 'lightweight' in relation to android events. Still better than nothing we should be thankful. :)
  • Options
    I was really jealous when I saw that iOS got a free Lando, until I saw it was only 2*. Lol
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    Where do you get him anyway? I can't find it..
  • Options
    Lando
    I didn't even do the droid event. I don't have any droids and not going to impede my progress in the game for 1 ability mat and some character shards
  • Options
    So many questions. Why Lando? Why 2*? Why Twitter? Is this a sign that Lando will be the new king of the arena? That a 2* Lando will single-handedly destroy full 7* droid teams? Is EA simply trying to distract me from starring up Barris for the Yoda event?
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    Lando
    speZialiZt wrote: »
    Where do you get him anyway? I can't find it..

@speZialiZt

Get on your iPad/iPhone, install Twitter and sign up/login, then click on the above picture.

It will open in twitter app, click redeem.
  • Options
    I have little need for additional droid shards with most of them maxed, but the mats and credits alone make the droid challenge far more valuable than a 2* Lando.
  • Options
    I'd say the droids are better, since you get free packs with credits (even if it is 10k times 15 it's still 150k) + the achievement. Also you can get FOUR full characters from the packs if you're really lucky, and that'll let you do the droid event. Now since i already maxed HK8886 the shards don't bother me that much (Tho shard shop currency is always nice, for basically doing nothing), but now i got 33 7* training droids, and 30 of them is enough to 1-70 one toon. Also the free ability mats are really really nice.
    Creator of Dutch Bier Alliance [DBA] - Come and join if you're Dutch. More casual/low level? Come join Dutch Bier Alliance Academy [DBAA]