Any idea what they are doing?

Replies

• Options
    MrFear220 wrote: »
    If you owned a business and offered bare minimum and still raked in serious cash each month would you change anything? Let me answer that for you, no you wouldn't so I wouldn't expect them to either. #facts

I kind....

.... they never redesign old characters like darth vader for example. just add a new one and the new one is the strongest :D

I don't think you should pretend like you know how long development on all of these things takes. I'm sure it's far more complex than this.

when you do nothing just pretend you do a lot and look important. always works :D

this game is not complex and the engine would probably run on a nintendo 3ds xl.

I just compared how many more complex games have way more patches, updates and content coming in less time than this game.

when you have competed all the daily activites, guild activities and spent your daily energy there is nothing to do except waiting.

not one mode to grind for some useful mods or gear or just play for fun. but there is nothing. :|

all the challenges, modes feel like they are 3 years old and really miss some reward scaling for lower and higher level players and look like they were never updated. the devs just enabled a sim function. which is maybe 1 line of code. which is probably 10 minutes work.

Can you post your relevant experience and the comparison you did to more complex games?
    I also got christmas gifts and holiday music and costumes and holiday deals. In both of those games.

If I don’t get a Skin Tight Santa Suit Malak next Christmas, I’m out.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Options
    @taquillasun great post! All objective data. My fault on not qualifying the word "experience" to mean "the basis upon which you are claiming that this game is not technically complex" but this is great stuff too. A few posters have decided they understand the technical architecture, lifecycle, and debt of the mobile and server platforms and can adequately assign timelines to work tasks, and I was looking for the justification for the "this is easy" comments. My own rather long experience working with software is that many things that seem trivial are anything but.

I played MSF for a bit - there are definitely some very cool elements in there. I would love to see a Blitz mode in GoH.

I don't understand why people are bent about the Christmas gift thing. It's a global game, not everyone celebrates Christmas, and they inundated us with events (I still haven't spent all of the shard shop currency from the events, more than two weeks ago). Seemed good to me.

I do understand why people complain about "lack of content." I find myself replaying the journey events on occasion (C3PO is still the worst). I think something as simple as making GW hard again, with a single node sim option and perhaps a "difficulty" level would be somewhat straight forward and provide a lot of immediate value. The same people whining about content probably just auto'd all of the events we got near the new year instead of trying them out with different team comps. Oh well.

But, I get it. Personally, I'm thankful for the lack of new shiny to chase because I still have a bunch of old shiny stuff that I have yet to shine, and still have a long way to go on those.
  • Options
    It is good for a business providing a service to maintain. Never-ending improvements could be a bubble waiting to pop if their is a deep-seated flaw that 100 days of improvements are built upon. Sometimes product-testing is wait and watch in real-time
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    @cannonfodder_iv blitz would be awful for swgoh
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    If you owned a business and offered bare minimum and still raked in serious cash each month would you change anything? Let me answer that for you, no you wouldn't so I wouldn't expect them to either. #facts

I kind....

.... they never redesign old characters like darth vader for example. just add a new one and the new one is the strongest :D

I don't think you should pretend like you know how long development on all of these things takes. I'm sure it's far more complex than this.

when you do nothing just pretend you do a lot and look important. always works :D

this game is not complex and the engine would probably run on a nintendo 3ds xl.

I just compared how many more complex games have way more patches, updates and content coming in less time than this game.

when you have competed all the daily activites, guild activities and spent your daily energy there is nothing to do except waiting.

not one mode to grind for some useful mods or gear or just play for fun. but there is nothing. :|

all the challenges, modes feel like they are 3 years old and really miss some reward scaling for lower and higher level players and look like they were never updated. the devs just enabled a sim function. which is maybe 1 line of code. which is probably 10 minutes work.

Can you post your relevant experience and the comparison you did to more complex games?
    I also got christmas gifts and holiday music and costumes and holiday deals. In both of those games.

One could say he's half way there already! hahahah slap a beard and a hat and wha laa!
  • Options
    @taquillasun great post! All objective data. My fault on not qualifying the word "experience" to mean "the basis upon which you are claiming that this game is not technically complex" but this is great stuff too. A few posters have decided they understand the technical architecture, lifecycle, and debt of the mobile and server platforms and can adequately assign timelines to work tasks, and I was looking for the justification for the "this is easy" comments. My own rather long experience working with software is that many things that seem trivial are anything but.

I played MSF for a bit - there are definitely some very cool elements in there. I would love to see a Blitz mode in GoH.

I don't understand why people are bent about the Christmas gift thing. It's a global game, not everyone celebrates Christmas, and they inundated us with events (I still haven't spent all of the shard shop currency from the events, more than two weeks ago). Seemed good to me.

I do understand why people complain about "lack of content." I find myself replaying the journey events on occasion (C3PO is still the worst). I think something as simple as making GW hard again, with a single node sim option and perhaps a "difficulty" level would be somewhat straight forward and provide a lot of immediate value. The same people whining about content probably just auto'd all of the events we got near the new year instead of trying them out with different team comps. Oh well.

But, I get it. Personally, I'm thankful for the lack of new shiny to chase because I still have a bunch of old shiny stuff that I have yet to shine, and still have a long way to go on those.

Hey!

I'll address this Holiday thing first.
    I've been gaming for a long time. My roots are in Blizz games.
    For the longest time we celebrated the holidays under the guise of in game names.
    Perhaps I became accustomed to such festivities. I mean, we spend so much time in the virtual world, it's nice to have the celebratory mood carry over.

In the world of mobile gaming - I've had fun over the last decade playing various games.
    Most, most, even the small ones had festivities and gifts of certain types.
    I'm a festive person. What can I say? I can see how others may not put a premium on it. But more joy and happiness in the world can't be a bad thing right?

• Options

I kind....

On a half way serious note... I was dressed as Santa in Modern combat 5, with a bunny mask. Going after bunnies for chocolate for their winter fest thing. It was a blast!
  • Options
    Gifafi wrote: »

@Gifafi What makes you think so? Not disagreeing in the list, interested in your opinion.
  • Options
    cannonfodder_iv blitz would be awful for swgoh

Gifafi What makes you think so? Not disagreeing in the list, interested in your opinion.

Not Gifafi, but based on how Blitz has been described to me it would be an awful mode imo.

Blitz has been described as a game mode where you can use each character in your roster 1 time per refresh to battle, and you need to win consecutive battles to gain more points (and losing battles is quite bad for you). Your roster refreshes every few hours, and in order to be competitive for rewards (including exclusive new characters) you need to login constantly to battle each refresh, and potentially use currency to purchase refreshes (?).

Given the very time intensive nature to be competitive for rewards, I would be very opposed to such a game mode. I would not personally want a game mode that essentially requires me to be constantly logging in and battling to get exclusive rewards as that can lead to high burnout of players (it is the number 1 thing former MSF players I have met give for quitting).

Now, a revamped GW "hard mode" that incentivized using the whole roster, or even some form of endless mode where you battle waves of enemies would be cool. These could give improved rewards and allow for more playtime, yet not require more play time just to stay competitive.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

Gifafi What makes you think so? Not disagreeing in the list, interested in your opinion.

Not Gifafi, but based on how Blitz has been described to me it would be an awful mode imo.

Blitz has been described as a game mode where you can use each character in your roster 1 time per refresh to battle, and you need to win consecutive battles to gain more points (and losing battles is quite bad for you). Your roster refreshes every few hours, and in order to be competitive for rewards (including exclusive new characters) you need to login constantly to battle each refresh, and potentially use currency to purchase refreshes (?).

Given the very time intensive nature to be competitive for rewards, I would be very opposed to such a game mode. I would not personally want a game mode that essentially requires me to be constantly logging in and battling to get exclusive rewards as that can lead to high burnout of players (it is the number 1 thing former MSF players I have met give for quitting).

Now, a revamped GW "hard mode" that incentivized using the whole roster, or even some form of endless mode where you battle waves of enemies would be cool. These could give improved rewards and allow for more playtime, yet not require more play time just to stay competitive.

Oh, that sounds a lot like the tournaments we had for a short while. Discontinuing those was one of the good moves from the devs.
    Also, one of the reasons why I quit Dragon Champions was the introduction of a similar mode.
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »

Oh, that sounds a lot like the tournaments we had for a short while. Discontinuing those was one of the good moves from the devs.
    Also, one of the reasons why I quit Dragon Champions was the introduction of a similar mode.

I also play Dragon Champions and completely agree with tournaments. They take too much time to be competitive. And they almost always require a crap character or three(imagine if swgoh made a tournament requiring CUP and 2 tuskens...)
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Options

no.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options

@Gifafi What makes you think so? Not disagreeing in the list, interested in your opinion.

Massive timesuck, and what littleMac said. If you think people are upset about character releases now wait until blitz lol
  • Options

As much as I value your insight into how Blitz would be in swgoh.

The fact you don't play MSF, renders this opinion a bit muted.

I don't think you have everything correctly down about Blitz and what you get and what it does.

There are a number of blitz events going on all the time. Not all of them give the same thing.

You can use anyone on the roster. But once they go down, they're down.

It's actually a really fun mode, but I on;y do 2 a day. I could do a ton a day if I wanted to.

However, I end with saying, you shouldn't knock it till you've tried it.
  • Options

I don't think you have everything correctly down about Blitz and what you get and what it does.

There are a number of blitz events going on all the time. Not all of them give the same thing.

It's actually a really fun mode, but I on;y do 2 a day. I could do a ton a day if I wanted to.

you are right, I am not sure if I tried blitz in my week or so of playing MSF sometime a year or two ago. Answer me this though: would blitz require near constant playing to remain competitive in the game mode? How much time would it require to fully unlock a new character released in the mode?
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    I play msf fwiw
  • Options
    Are devs playing blitz mode in msf? Is that why they dont have time to comment on anything on their forums?

This post is about what devs are doing and it seems heavy focused on MSF...
  • Options
    I play msf fwiw

giphy.gif
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options

you are right, I am not sure if I tried blitz in my week or so of playing MSF sometime a year or two ago. Answer me this though: would blitz require near constant playing to remain competitive in the game mode? How much time would it require to fully unlock a new character released in the mode?

Yes, you do have to play blitz akin to our arena to stay competitive. And just like our arena, we can buy more blitz energy. Or hoard it. However, they do have an arena mode as well.

As far as unlocking characters through blitz. Depends on your current roster. One thing I've noticed with blitz is that you seem to start out against teams lower than you not even like many say. But you do work up difficulty, much like Galactic war does. I don't have a huge roster, or well developed, and I have actually unlocked quite a few characters, like new ones. I was surprised too! I got fantastic 4 when they launched and this sniper girl.

Then there are blitz gear, and blitz store and blitz orb and gold rushes. etc.

Like I said, I value your points made and I am in agreement that re-vamping galactic war would be the best.
    I would like to see a way to make it - continuous play like blitz is? Or I suppose our arena is. You're granted a certain amount of challenges and after refresh with crystals? More nodes and options for nodes?
  • Options
    This is like knocking on a door and no one answers. But you know they're home. You're even pretty sure you saw someone crawling from the living room to the kitchen. Wait... was that a whisper? Surely they're home. You knock again... I mean it feels like you've been standing there forever. They've got to answer the door at some point... don't they?
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options

Massive timesuck, and what littleMac said. If you think people are upset about character releases now wait until blitz lol

But you dont have to do it if you dont want to. Like every other part of the game. I actually enjoy Blitz in MSF, one of my favorite parts of the game cause I can use any team I desire. A meta team down to a completely garbage level 1 team, and the difficulty is scaled to the team I am using.

Sure i understand everyone wants rewards, but as everyone always points out when people complain about GAC nobody makes you do it.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Monel wrote: »

But you dont have to do it if you dont want to. Like every other part of the game. I actually enjoy Blitz in MSF, one of my favorite parts of the game cause I can use any team I desire. A meta team down to a completely garbage level 1 team, and the difficulty is scaled to the team I am using.

Sure i understand everyone wants rewards, but as everyone always points out when people complain about GAC nobody makes you do it.

The problem is that if the rewards are worthwhile, when you give up on them, you are at a disadvantage in other areas, which leads to less rewards, which leads to more disadvantage, and so on. And when they aren't, it's basically the same as playing GW manually, pretty much pointless.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »

The problem is that if the rewards are worthwhile, when you give up on them, you are at a disadvantage in other areas, which leads to less rewards, which leads to more disadvantage, and so on. And when they aren't, it's basically the same as playing GW manually, pretty much pointless.

Totally understand. Doesnt change what I said though.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options

Lol the “don’t have to do it” argument. Hey, you don’t have to do anything! It’s an integral part of the game.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options

Lol the “don’t have to do it” argument. Hey, you don’t have to do anything! It’s an integral part of the game.

Yup, dont like it dont do it. But I dont care what anyone else does or doesnt do. I hope this game mode comes. I never reach the top tiers in MSF and yet still find a way to enjoy it.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    What makes the blitz mode good in MSF, my opinion of course, is that most of characters that are rewarded are also farmable in other places. It's not simply the only place to get characters. Sure they introduce new characters there at times and then you have to wait for their release cadence, but mostly it's just a way to try a whole bunch of teams and earn some rewards as you go. Yes, finishing at the top does give way more shards but not an huge advantage.
  • Options
    I'm ready to go play some msf!!!!
  • Options
    I'm ready to go play some msf!!!!

It’s poo poo
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    What makes the blitz mode good in MSF, my opinion of course, is that most of characters that are rewarded are also farmable in other places. It's not simply the only place to get characters. Sure they introduce new characters there at times and then you have to wait for their release cadence, but mostly it's just a way to try a whole bunch of teams and earn some rewards as you go. Yes, finishing at the top does give way more shards but not an huge advantage.

That sounds actually good. Especially if the characters aren't meta-defining, it's a nice bonus for those who invest the time but nothing game breaking. It's not that different from galactic chase.
  • Options
    VaexquaGer wrote: »
    ad0grnxp0xtc.jpg

I will never play another CG Mobile game after the way they treat this game