TW: match sandbagging guilds with sandbagging guilds

Replies

• Options
    This thread should be closed @Kyno

1) people suggesting that any and all guilds, regardless of their total GP, are deliberately dropping players for TW are manifestly wrong.

2) people suggesting that going into TW matchmaking with <50 are guaranteed an easier match are manifestly wrong, as there is no guarantee they won’t get drawn against another guild with <50.

It’s a facile argument based on two points that are wrong.

Your generalizations are wrong. You should be closed.
  • Options

1) people suggesting that any and all guilds, regardless of their total GP, are deliberately dropping players for TW are manifestly wrong.

2) people suggesting that going into TW matchmaking with <50 are guaranteed an easier match are manifestly wrong, as there is no guarantee they won’t get drawn against another guild with <50.

What's incorrect about what he said?

How can you guarantee that your guild goes in with less than 45 but fights vs a guild of 50... isnt the odds the same they go in with 45 and get matched vs a guild of 40?

Since it can go both ways there is no incentive to going in with less players?

This is called logic and lots of people lack the ability to apply it...
  • Options

No - I’m not the one generalising, you are.

If there is one (or more than one) guild who are dropping members for TW, there are many more who are simply making it optional. To deny this is burying your head in the sand.

And you can offer no meaningful rebuttal to the fact that guilds cannot choose who they are matched against. Dropping members, if indeed any guild is doing it, will not prevent you from being matched with another guild doing the same.

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

And your generalizations are correct, right?:
    Higher GP guilds sit out members to reduce their matchmaking GP, they get matched with a lesser GP guild, and have an easier time winning because of the average higher GP per player.

• thecarterologist958
    1111 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    The only way sandbagging exists is as follows:

1. Player A makes an alt char to be carried by the guild and provides 600raid tickets.

2. The Alt char is sometimes made to sit out of TW if it helps the guild with a better match-up,

3. Player 1 knows he is riding the coat tails of his guild and doesn’t matter to him for a TW here and there. Player 1 would rather build up GK/Traya shards before he enters arena.

4. Player 1 buys the HyperDrive bundle and swaps his alt for his main and dominates.

So player A,has an alt account that doesn't participate and player 1 is leeching off the guild, so the guild is sandbagging and these two are responsible. It's a tragedy.
  • Options
    I haven't generalized about anything ever in the history of stuff.
  • Options
    That quote was out of context, it was a quick summary definition of sandbagging when someone asked.
  • Options
    And you can offer no meaningful rebuttal to the fact that guilds cannot choose who they are matched against. Dropping members, if indeed any guild is doing it, will not prevent you from being matched with another guild doing the same.

That's actually exactly what I'm asking for, use number of players in the formula to match guilds.

Man, y'all are an uptight bunch, obviously never faced a sandbagging guild.
  • Options
    That quote was out of context, it was a quick summary definition of sandbagging when someone asked.

In which case it's still an incorrect quick summary definition.
  • Options
    No I'm not, you are.
  • Options
    No I'm not, you are.

Given this is the most recent post where that makes sense, I'm guessing you've got bored of the rest of us and so are conspiracy-theorying yourself?
  • BobcatSkywalker
    2194 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Options

That's actually exactly what I'm asking for, use number of players in the formula to match guilds.

If most people never faced a sandbagging guild and you frequently face a sandbagging guilds... maybe the difference is in how you and others classify a guild as sandbagging or not...
    Post edited by BobcatSkywalker on
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

Don't be silly, now. You claimed that high end guilds sandbag. A generalization.

Since you are here:
    Which are those guilds, that sandbag?

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    No I'm not, you are.

If you were correct that high end guilds sandbag, please tell us which those guilds are. Please enlighten us.
  • DarkstarSunrise
    570 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    I never said "high end guilds" because that is a meaningless statement.

The last one we faced, for example, is the one in my screen cap from earlier: https://swgoh.gg/g/186/doe/
  • Options
    Again, y'all are missing the whole point here and getting distracted. Fix the matchmaking, this isn't a witch hunt for who sandbags/does sandbagging exist/etc.
  • Options
    Again, y'all are missing the whole point here and getting distracted. Fix the matchmaking, this isn't a witch hunt for who sandbags/does sandbagging exist/etc.

Yes it is. If sandbagging doesn't exist, there's nothing to fix in that respect. I think you may be confused over what point it is and who's missed it.
  • Options
    I never said "high end guilds" because that is a meaningless statement.
    Higher GP guilds sit out members to reduce their matchmaking GP

• BobcatSkywalker
    2194 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    So... guilds that beat his guild sandbag.

And the evidence is that their defense got full cleared.

Please disregard the fact that he never posted screen shots of his guilds defense and for all we know they were setting Ewoks Phoenix Geos and FO all on D.

It's much easier to call the other guild a cheater and ask that his losing be "fixed" by developers without providing any additional context as to how they can fix it or what they even are fixing.

I mean who posts pictures of defense after being called out that your defense was most likely trash and that the real reason u got cleared was weak D, not because sandbagging.

I'm gonna assume your running ewoks and Phoenix until we get some screen shots showing how strong your actual D was... again this is most likely poor leadership and bad tactics not sandbagging. Until we rule out poor leadership and poor tactics (weak d) we can not suspect sandbagging is the cause of your loss.
  • yuuzhanron
    174 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    I can’t believe this is still going
  • DarkstarSunrise
    570 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Options

Please disregard the fact that he never posted screen shots of his guilds defense and for all we know they were setting Ewoks Phoenix Geos and FO all on D.

We lose some, no one cares. Losing against sandbagged guilds is lame and a fault of the system that needs changing.

Most wars are full clears and battles of efficiency at the highest level, which you would know if you were in a good guild (still waiting for your swgoh link).

I already told you once, I wouldn't share screen caps of our D publically, and you CANNOT REVIEW PAST TWs so even if I wanted to there is no possible way to show screen caps of defense. Sheesh.
  • Options
    yuuzhanron wrote: »
    This can all be solved by matchmaking being decided by average player GP as opposed to total guild GP.
    Unfortunately though, I’m sure that people will still work that system, but at least the individual matchups should be better

Exactly, thank you for understanding.
  • Options

We lose some, no one cares. Losing against sandbagged guilds is lame and a fault of the system that needs changing.

Most wars are full clears and battles of efficiency at the highest level, which you would know if you were in a good guild (still waiting for your swgoh link).

I already told you once, I wouldn't share screen caps of our D publically, and you CANNOT REVIEW PAST TWs so even if I wanted to there is no possible way to show screen caps of defense. Sheesh.

And the point is still the same on page 4 as page 1: where is your proof of sandbagging? where is your screenshots of their guild telling guildmembers to sit out on purpose? and where is your data showing that every time you join 50/50 and the other guild joins less than 50 you lose?

Until then, sandbagging is only a problem in theory.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Options
    It’s amazing how GAC matchmaking is so broken that it’s impossible to have a fair matchup, but TW matchmaking is so finely tuned that it’s possible to manipulate the matchup by simply adjusting who signs up. I learn so many amazing things in the forum.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Options

Until just now?
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Options
    Sandbagging is real and the sandbagger has the advantage ibwas recently asked to sit out cause my roster was t finished to the must of a high guild (im in a 290 mil) 9 did not join (6asked to sit out til geared TW teams) so. They esentially went in with 240 mil and crushed a full clear in 2-3 hours... My sitting out i didnt like but i did cause me losing 2 zetas this time everyone but i got my toons ready fast after that... So sandbagging is real done intentionally and if you sit 6-10 players it makes a major advantage for the higher gp guild.... However having 5 or less not in the advantage may still be there but it doesnt show much disadvantage
    (p.s. until i seen it happen i didnt believe sandbagging really made an advance to the sandbaggers )now i know it does big league does things unorthodox for sure sometimes but to me idc prizes arent much differant from losing or winning
  • Options
    yuuzhanron wrote: »
    Sandbagging is a thing. 2or3 sitting out is nothing but normal play. If a guild drops somewhere in the range of 10 players or more it is likely sandbagging. In lower reward tiers it seemed prevalent; I can’t say that I’ve seen it much at all in the highest tier

"Likely?" Based on what evidence?
  • Options
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »

If sandbagging exists then it’s also true your rng goes down as you approach 99/100.

Not sure why you've quoted me to say that, but I do agree.
  • Options
    Sandbagging is real and the sandbagger has the advantage ibwas recently asked to sit out cause my roster was t finished to the must of a high guild (im in a 290 mil) 9 did not join (6asked to sit out til geared TW teams) so. They esentially went in with 240 mil and crushed a full clear in 2-3 hours... My sitting out i didnt like but i did cause me losing 2 zetas this time everyone but i got my toons ready fast after that... So sandbagging is real done intentionally and if you sit 6-10 players it makes a major advantage for the higher gp guild.... However having 5 or less not in the advantage may still be there but it doesnt show much disadvantage
    (p.s. until i seen it happen i didnt believe sandbagging really made an advance to the sandbaggers )now i know it does big league does things unorthodox for sure sometimes but to me idc prizes arent much differant from losing or winning

And you stayed in that guild?