Drop rate of shards

Replies

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    https://patents.justia.com/patent/10307666

Go and read this and tell me if its not happening,the tech and knowledge is out allready since who knows when,since you like data,maybe some facts could help of whats possible.

it's not happening.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TVF
    36618 posts Member
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »

Go and read this and tell me if its not happening,the tech and knowledge is out allready since who knows when,since you like data,maybe some facts could help of whats possible.

it's not happening.

Maybe not but the knobs are definitely all still turned to Tuesday.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

it's not happening.

Maybe not but the knobs are definitely all still turned to Tuesday.

knobs goin UP, on a tuesday
  • Options
    All those ppl who make fun of op can you answer me why on low energy cost drop rates are great and on 20 nodes are atrocious if the drop rates are the same?After almost 1,5 year i see it every single day,so energy spend is large on my part.

It’s because of confirmation bias. One, you notice more when bad RNG happens. Two, high energy modes mean less shards per day because of high energy. If you’re farming something that costs 10 per sim compared to 20 per sim, you’re going to net (about) double the shards for the 10 energy node. 1 refresh a 120 energy would bean 12 sims, compared to 6 sims. Unless you’re specifically simming each node the same amount of times per day, that’s why it seems like you get more. I felt like farming KRU was lightning fast compared to farming Brood Alpha for the same reason.

Well thats for cantina only,for other nodes you only have 5 per day,i dont refresh the nodes.

For the other replies i got,should i care about other ppl drop rates?Will if you care if everyone around you win the lottery but you dont?I want a system that all win the lottery.In other games i play you are guaranteed 1/5 shards,but 0 is utter trash,i could live with that change.

Also who runs the metaverse,for all i know its like metacritic where Companies pay for to have good reviews.All claiming data you claim to have isnt less valid than my own in my eyes.You think you would care for my data even if i kept them for 1,5 year almost i am playing?You woudnt give a rats ****,so stop giving that excuse,couse you only harm ppls concerns and CG is laughing at all of us.

Your tinfoil hat is a little squint.

If you tracked your data for 1.5 weeks I’d be interested. But you won’t, because you’ve already decided drop rates are rigged.
  • Options
    All those ppl who make fun of op can you answer me why on low energy cost drop rates are great and on 20 nodes are atrocious if the drop rates are the same?After almost 1,5 year i see it every single day,so energy spend is large on my part.

It’s because of confirmation bias. One, you notice more when bad RNG happens. Two, high energy modes mean less shards per day because of high energy. If you’re farming something that costs 10 per sim compared to 20 per sim, you’re going to net (about) double the shards for the 10 energy node. 1 refresh a 120 energy would bean 12 sims, compared to 6 sims. Unless you’re specifically simming each node the same amount of times per day, that’s why it seems like you get more. I felt like farming KRU was lightning fast compared to farming Brood Alpha for the same reason.

Well thats for cantina only,for other nodes you only have 5 per day,i dont refresh the nodes.

For the other replies i got,should i care about other ppl drop rates?Will if you care if everyone around you win the lottery but you dont?I want a system that all win the lottery.In other games i play you are guaranteed 1/5 shards,but 0 is utter trash,i could live with that change.

Also who runs the metaverse,for all i know its like metacritic where Companies pay for to have good reviews.All claiming data you claim to have isnt less valid than my own in my eyes.You think you would care for my data even if i kept them for 1,5 year almost i am playing?You woudnt give a rats ****,so stop giving that excuse,couse you only harm ppls concerns and CG is laughing at all of us.

Your eyes are the problem. Like I said, people notice more when the outcome is bad than when it’s good or normal. That’s at the core of your confirmation bias: you’ve decided that drops rates have changed, so the sims you pay most attention to are the ones that give you nothing, therefore proving your own point despite the fact that over millions of sims tracked throughout the player base shows otherwise.

Remember, witness testimony isn’t someone saying what they saw happen, it’s what they think they saw happen.
  • Options

If you tracked your data for 1.5 weeks I’d be interested. But you won’t, because you’ve already decided drop rates are rigged.

Yeah i am sry,the conspiracy theorists are yourselves,from the 1 million ppl playing the game or played the game more or less,you provide data from 100k ppl,which is 1/10th of the pool and you still wont ackwnoledge anything else.There is a reason these posts keep coming up and most ppl wont even bother with coming on forums.

I am sry to burst your bubble and tinfoil hats,but if you wont believe my hard truth of 1,5 year i am playing and all other ppl posting,then i wont believe the data you keep providing of 1/10th of player pool base.

• Options

Yeah i am sry,the conspiracy theorists are yourselves,from the 1 million ppl playing the game or played the game more or less,you provide data from 100k ppl,which is 1/10th of the pool and you still wont ackwnoledge anything else.There is a reason these posts keep coming up and most ppl wont even bother with coming on forums.

I am sry to burst your bubble and tinfoil hats,but if you wont believe my hard truth of 1,5 year i am playing and all other ppl posting,then i wont believe the data you keep providing of 1/10th of player pool base.

So the people who have data are the ones wearing tinfoil hats, but you, with absolutely nothing but "feels" are positive that the rates are different.

Wow, that is a new level of denial.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • TVF
    36618 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah that's not how data works.
  • Options

The data I trust is the type that is tracked and monitored over a long period of time.

The data I do not trust is the vague spoutings of someone who can’t tell me how many sims he’s done in the last 7 days.
  • Options

Oh, so everyone who has recorded drop rates just happens to be someone who gets better ones than you? Convenient.
  • Options
    Personally tracked shard data for a few months to support a large collection effort for The HSTR Project / Planet Coruscant. I ended up between 30-33% shard drops, which ended up aligning with the conglomerated samples. So it seems like a pretty solid confidence.

Nobody complains when they get 5/5, and shouts about a “conspiracy” - so these conspiracy theories are always skewed to the bottom.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    So just to recap, every single person that has tracked has come up with 30-34% or so, even with relatively small sample sizes (like at least hundreds iirc, which is still low), and everyone who hasn’t/refused to track thinks it’s way lower?
    A: yes.
    Same as...always.
  • Options
    It doesn’t matter what that other 9/10ths of the player base has done. That 1/10th has tracked thousands of thousands of drop rates. That is a more than big enough sample size. Furthermore, if 1 person tracked as many drops as that 100k, it would still be a big enough sample size.
  • Options
    It doesn’t matter what that other 9/10ths of the player base has done. That 1/10th has tracked thousands of thousands of drop rates. That is a more than big enough sample size. Furthermore, if 1 person tracked as many drops as that 100k, it would still be a big enough sample size.

You don't realize the lengths the conspiracist are willing to go. Their cognitive dissonance is at such a level that, they are willing to believe it's only them this is happening to if cornered with everyone elses data. They are also capable of mix&mash other incoherent hypothesis as secret patent...even activating at times that's not measurable if cornered further xD. And of course they will never track their own data either. So yeah...
  • Options
    You want Data ?!?!?!?!?!

I've got your Data!!!!

6 Months of Data, nearly 20K sims.

Its not exciting, I just really like sharing.

7i290samj3io.png

See. Confirmed. 33% drop rate.
  • Options
    33% for ship / toon shards
    20% for purple / gold gear.
  • Options
    So just to recap, every single person that has tracked has come up with 30-34% or so, even with relatively small sample sizes (like at least hundreds iirc, which is still low), and everyone who hasn’t/refused to track thinks it’s way lower?
    Same as...always.

I am sry i dont know who to quote,so far noone seems to answer firstly my link i posted and secondly why on lower energy costs the drop rates are better than on higher ones.The problem is that you keep dismissing everyone who posting about their small sample size and i dont know why,but if someone is posting yeah its 30% you agree with him.Like i stated lately your data how large is with thousands of Energy is still low in the ocean with only 1/10 of the Player base pool,which if you ask me is over 1 million so worse.

And yet some ppl come agree that for some ppl the drop rates could be worse than 30%,ofc there are higher,but everyone keeps treating them like trash.No not everyone will get 30%,there are 9/10th of Player base left out in your data that wont show the crap drop rates and ofc the others that do better.Does everyone win the lottery every week,heck no,there is 1 lucky person and all the rest get miniscule Money,open your eyes and stop treating other ppl who have a hard time in game with their drop rates,like they are lying or something.

I dont get why you fail to see that 30% isnt the minimum you gonna get,there are too many unlucky ppl that get lower than 30%

• Options
    Same as...always.

I am sry i dont know who to quote,so far noone seems to answer firstly my link i posted and secondly why on lower energy costs the drop rates are better than on higher ones.The problem is that you keep dismissing everyone who posting about their small sample size and i dont know why,but if someone is posting yeah its 30% you agree with him.Like i stated lately your data how large is with thousands of Energy is still low in the ocean with only 1/10 of the Player base pool,which if you ask me is over 1 million so worse.

And yet some ppl come agree that for some ppl the drop rates could be worse than 30%,ofc there are higher,but everyone keeps treating them like trash.No not everyone will get 30%,there are 9/10th of Player base left out in your data that wont show the crap drop rates and ofc the others that do better.Does everyone win the lottery every week,heck no,there is 1 lucky person and all the rest get miniscule Money,open your eyes and stop treating other ppl who have a hard time in game with their drop rates,like they are lying or something.

I dont get why you fail to see that 30% isnt the minimum you gonna get,there are too many unlucky ppl that get lower than 30%
    Thanks again for your input.

This is the same argument many others before you have pedalled.

The best argument you can present is to actually track and present your data. Just yours. Never mind the 90%. Track it for 1 week, and get back to us.

If you’re prepared to track your data for 1 week, either you’ll expose the mass hallucination that drop rates are 33%, or you’ll realise that 33% is accurate.

Unless, of course, you track your own drop rates then realise they are also 33%, but still choose not to believe it because the other 90% of players haven’t posted their data.
  • Options
    and secondly why on lower energy costs the drop rates are better than on higher ones.

Because no one has found that, please see my spreadsheet.

Look at the 20 energy characters v/s the lower energy.

There is no difference.

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Same as...always.

I am sry i dont know who to quote,so far noone seems to answer firstly my link i posted...

Already answered:
    [...] and secondly why on lower energy costs the drop rates are better than on higher ones.

They are not. If you do believe they are, then please provide your data. I'd love to see it.
    The problem is that you keep dismissing everyone who posting about their small sample size and i dont know why, [...]

Beacause it's a small sample size.
    .if someone is posting yeah its 30% you agree with him.

Because it has already been proven by tracking hundreds/thousands of attempts, that the drop rate is more or less 33%.
    Like i stated lately your data how large is with thousands of Energy is still low in the ocean with only 1/10 of the Player base pool,which if you ask me is over 1 million so worse.

Feel free to provide your own data from larger sample sizes. Or combine data from different sources to get larger sample sizes, f.ex.:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/antdys/swore_i_wasnt_getting_33_drop_rate_cg_proved_me/

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/81b9p9/i_simed_the_krusilencer_cantina_node_more_than/

.... Find more yourself. Somewhere on these forums I posted my own results from tracking my veterans drops two years ago.
    And yet some ppl come agree that for some ppl the drop rates could be worse than 30%,ofc there are higher,but everyone keeps treating them like trash.

Asking them for data from an acceptable sized sample is not to treat them like trash. It's to take them seriously.
    No not everyone will get 30%,

If they only do few attempts, they won't. "Everybody" knows that. But if they keep farming and doing a high number of attempts their drop rate will come closer and closer to the actual drop rate. That's how randomness works. That's why tracking a small number of samples doesn't work.

I wouldn't consider them unlucky for getting 2 drops from 20 attempts one day, because the next day they might get 10/20. If they got 60 drops from 600 attempts, then I would consider them unlucky and find it odd and worth investigating more.

• Options
    It's no conspiracy. We all have bad days due to RNG but we have good ones too. Literally just got 4 /5 on Shaak but 0 / 5 yesterday. The long term trend always equals itself out. It's about 33%.
  • Options
    ns7zwgcmwxf2.jpeg
    Shill harder...
  • Options
    ns7zwgcmwxf2.jpeg
    Shill harder...

Buy a lottery ticket.
  • TVF
    36618 posts Member
    Options
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    ns7zwgcmwxf2.jpeg
    Shill harder...

Buy a lottery ticket.

Why? 100% drop rate confirmed.
  • nurm
    107 posts Member
    Options
    In the long term, the drop rate has already be confirmed by several players. But this does not mean that there is a different algorithm logic in short term drops after e.g. by buying refreshes after a good/bad drop or drop on specific days or time.
    Or does anybody has such detailed data?
  • Options
    nurm wrote: »
    In the long term, the drop rate has already be confirmed by several players. But this does not mean that there is a different algorithm logic in short term drops after e.g. by buying refreshes after a good/bad drop or drop on specific days or time.

@nurm Yes, somebody does have such detailed data
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/213406/shaak-ti-shard-farming-253-755-33-5-7-update-bonus-droideka-xanadu-and-b1
  • Options
    nurm wrote: »

Does it matter? The short term drop rates average out to a long term 33%. Unless you are wanting to only farm at certain times in the hope you will manipulate the system for higher drop rates, but that is the exact logical reason why CG wouldn't do this. The moment someone worked it out they would be losing out comparatively.
  • Options
    Indeed, this thread was far more interesting 4 years ago.