Hyperdrive Bundle

Prev1
Mayanaka
posts Member
edited May 2021
So I am a moderately long time player and a recent buyer of the Hyperdrive bundle.

As per the wording of the bundle it says that it doesn't -give- shards. However nowhere in it did it say that it would -take- shards if you had them! Hence my problem.

I decided to put in the leg work and gather enough shards to get characters to 7stars after this Bundle would supposedly set them to 5stars for me. Characters like Veteran Han Solo, Veteran Chewbacca, Tie Silencer, Nightsister Spirit, and several others. You can do the math on how long it took to hit those numbers....It was a good while.

I even bought energy refreshes to get those shards. All to be ready for after I bought the hyperdrive bundle! Imagine my surprise when my 170-200+ shards just vanished.

Instead? Instead I essentially paid $100 for EA to click the Upgrade button for me a few times. Because it literally consumed all those hard earned shards.

Nowhere does it state, clearly, in the bundle that it consumes your shards. It simply states it doesn't GIVE shards. It states that instead it puts them to 5stars for you. It -DOESNT-...

Never, ever, ever would have bought this bundle knowing this. The wording on that bundle dances the border of false advertisement and has clearly left a sour taste in my mouth. I hope that people see this post and take it into consideration before they buy this Bundle.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    [ ] took your shards
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    Options
    This paragraph in the bundle information in-game explains it too:
    tkvky2g3qlx7.png
  • Options
    I agree with the original user. This is a complete lie for people who have a decent roster. The wording is a joke.
  • Options
    The word merge is important. So if you merge a 5* character with the same character then the accumulated 'merging' should tally. I bet those who defend the wording are whales or are on some kind of benefit. I will not be intimidated like others btw/ I will argue the clear so called wording.
  • Options
    4zooc1bfrewv.jpg

This is the most important line, the premise the sale makes a user believe that they will receive upto 65 upgraded characters but the line here suggests just upto 600k in GP. A lie, a complete lie for £100 its a complete lie, nothing is clear and i bet if we were to show this to an advertising standards agency they would agree that this game hides actual v suggested in small print. And im having the same argument online and i will be pursuing it, from working in a procurement environment, its misleading and unclear.
  • Options
    What will happen now is i will be threatened or banned because i dare to question. I will screenshot every threat of such because we are the customers bur threatened to expose such lies.
  • UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    Options
    4zooc1bfrewv.jpg

This is the most important line, the premise the sale makes a user believe that they will receive upto 65 upgraded characters but the line here suggests just upto 600k in GP. A lie, a complete lie for £100 its a complete lie, nothing is clear and i bet if we were to show this to an advertising standards agency they would agree that this game hides actual v suggested in small print. And im having the same argument online and i will be pursuing it, from working in a procurement environment, its misleading and unclear.

"For a New Player" they will received 600k GP in characters and ships. Its a statement of what they get, not a cap of 600k GP.
  • Options
    I have asked ingame who regulates and i am currently in the process of writing a complaint to the the UK ASA in terms of what the promotion suggests as to what you really get, the only response from the game is that i was supposed to have went these forums to find out the truth of what they were selling? Really?
  • Options
    "will be retained" that is not clear at all.
  • UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    Options
    If you want to have a civilised conversation about it, I'm down.

What exactly do you think is dishonest/falsely advertised about the bundle?
  • Options
    dpwnjxcducvo.png

EA. Own help. Quite different.
  • Options
    The whole package is a lie and its misleading. If new, its a great package but if you have a decent roster you lose out when the 'package' doesnt merge with existing characters. The retaining line, by who? EA? They dont retain anything, they just dont give. The whole thing is a legal minefield of pish.
  • Options
    where is the limited to?
  • Options
    So reply was not a cap, therefore the 600k is minimum, how is that 600k minimum calculated? How is the upto 65 characters defined?
  • Options
    The whole package is a mess, people were led to believe that they would get x. And yes people should check if they should get x but thats not how the selling world works. Its that the selling company ensure people get exactly what is being sold, this isnt happening with EA. I could argue this all day, it's mis-selling.
  • Options
    My occupation is Procurement in Insurance. If my employer did this, they would be hammered.
  • UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    Options
    "Up to 600k GP" is the maximum GP gain that a player can receive by buying the bundle. It depends on the player's current roster. If you have a 5* Hera, you'll receive no benefit from the bundle for her, unless her gear was below what the HDB sets it to, so you'll not get any GP gain from that.

The way merges work is as follows:
    If you have a four star character unlocked, and are at 45/65, the HDB tops up your shards to promote it to 5*. Your shards are consumed.
    If the same character is at 70/65, those shards are consumed and you will be sat at 5/85 towards 6*.

It uses the shards you have already to activate/promote characters, then tops them up as needed to reach 5*. Anything you shards you had over the 145 total needed to bring a character to 5* are retained by you.

Even if you have all the characters and ships in the bundle at 7*, it's still the best value pack we've ever had in game. The gear alone comes to way more than the price of the bundle.
  • Options
    UdalCuain wrote: »

btw, im chilled on it, i am following a complaints process on mis-selling which this clearly is. The wording is unclear, not precise and mis-leads buyers.
  • UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    Options

btw, im chilled on it, i am following a complaints process on mis-selling which this clearly is. The wording is unclear, not precise and mis-leads buyers.

Can you point out the exact bit the you feel is vague and misleading?
  • Options
    "Up to 600k GP" is the maximum GP gain that a player can receive by buying the bundle. It depends on the player's current roster. If you have a 5* Hera, you'll receive no benefit from the bundle for her, unless her gear was below what the HDB sets it to, so you'll not get any GP gain from that.

If you have a four star character unlocked, and are at 45/65, the HDB tops up your shards to promote it to 5*. Your shards are consumed.
    If the same character is at 70/65, those shards are consumed and you will be sat at 5/85 towards 6*.

It uses the shards you have already to activate/promote characters, then tops them up as needed to reach 5*. Anything you shards you had over the 145 total needed to bring a character to 5* are retained by you.

Even if you have all the characters and ships in the bundle at 7*, it's still the best value pack we've ever had in game. The gear alone comes to way more than the price of the bundle.

The whole pack is still majorly misleading! I get all that but the pack description is poor, their customer service is so poor that they dont answer, they stick a link to here. EA are open for poor selling.

• DarjeloSalas
    9944 posts Member
    Options
    "will be retained" that is not clear at all.
    What they mean by this is that any player who buys the HDB but already has wedge, stormtrooper han and Leia at 6* g10 won’t have those characters reset to 5* g8.

I don’t know how you can interpret “up to 600k GP” as a minimum. Good luck convincing the ASA that that part is misleading.
  • Options

the opening line is UPGRADE UPTO 65 CHARACTERS then hide the small print that they should be emphasising. EA are poor, really poor in customer service and leave good people to defend them.
  • DarjeloSalas
    9944 posts Member
    Options
    “Up to” seems to be catching you out on this one.

It’s a pretty commonly used term that suggests it might be fewer than 65.
  • Options

Pretty much. If EA use Up To, expect the lesser. Never use the 5-330 'gamble'
  • Options

And the hidden 600k GP, its more a wording of what is said rather than expected. Ill argue it out for those who wont because the forum threatens bans
  • DarjeloSalas
    9944 posts Member
    Options

Pretty much. If EA use Up To, expect the lesser. Never use the 5-330 'gamble'
    Sorry - why is this specific to EA?

If any company says “up to 65”, it would be wise to check the fine print to see the details.
  • Options

Like it though, EA will give you 'up to' 1000 toons at £100 and you get 4. Och well im happy cos its up to! I bet you wouldnt be happy.
  • DarjeloSalas
    9944 posts Member
    Options

And the hidden 600k GP, its more a wording of what is said rather than expected. Ill argue it out for those who wont because the forum threatens bans
    Best of luck with that. As a fellow Brit, I do feel that you’ve failed to read this properly and that your crusade will be short lived and unsuccessful.

“Up to 65 characters” and “up to 600k GP” both seem absolutely clear to me.