Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb : You have confirmed that no other units will be needed to unlock the event, but will any of the combat missions require characters other than those listed such as C-3PO or R2D2, (particularly to be reliqued), in order to have fair chance at beating the event missions?

No toon is ever required for an event if it is not explicitly required for the event. You just need persistence, like that one player that unlocked DR without DS Bastilla. And no toon has ever been required to be at any gear level to be useful in an event, it just makes it easier.

No unit has ever been required for an event without the possibility to use it there until now, so arguing how it always has been is a bit pointless.

As has been stated, there have been toons "required" that needed virtually no investment to hit auto on their level, which is equivalent.

But they could be used, which isn't the case here. Twist it all you want, but this is unprecedented.

I didnt say it wasn't, just that there is an equivalent. At this point that's all we have this is no precedent for this event, as it is the first of its kind.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    CG_SBCrumb : You have confirmed that no other units will be needed to unlock the event, but will any of the combat missions require characters other than those listed such as C-3PO or R2D2, (particularly to be reliqued), in order to have fair chance at beating the event missions?

No toon is ever required for an event if it is not explicitly required for the event. You just need persistence, like that one player that unlocked DR without DS Bastilla. And no toon has ever been required to be at any gear level to be useful in an event, it just makes it easier.

No unit has ever been required for an event without the possibility to use it there until now, so arguing how it always has been is a bit pointless.

As has been stated, there have been toons "required" that needed virtually no investment to hit auto on their level, which is equivalent.

But they could be used, which isn't the case here. Twist it all you want, but this is unprecedented.

So what? Stuff changes all the time in this game.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    Even if there was a precedence, it is up to CGs discretion to follow precedence or not
  • Options

Mods were unprecedented
    GET to 7* a toon was unprecedented
    GET 2 to 7* a toon was unprecedented
    Hero’s journeys were unprecedented
    Epic confrontations were unprecedented
    Heck, even protection was unprecedented
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Options
    If I were to spend big on this game for characters it would definitely not be these two pathetic characters. I’ll wait until Galactic Legends Luke,Leila, Han, Vader etc come out. You know actual Legends

Leila was always my favourite character in Starl Wars too.

She’s got me in my knees...
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    ‘It’s CGs game they can do whatever they want’ is a fact, worth mentioning?

It is when people don't seem to understand it.

Especially when it's backed up by actual precedence.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

I didnt say it wasn't, just that there is an equivalent. At this point that's all we have this is no precedent for this event, as it is the first of its kind.

Great, so we can agree that we can expect pretty much anything and basing expectations on how things have been is pointless, which was my original point.
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    ‘It’s CGs game they can do whatever they want’ is a fact, worth mentioning?
    Around here, what is obvious cannot be taken for granted
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    Couldn't tell it was a joke tbh
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »

I still can't.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Great, so we can agree that we can expect pretty much anything and basing expectations on how things have been is pointless, which was my original point.

When was this not the case though? They've continuesly increased the difficulty in one way or another to account for the progression of the game/players.
    While i personally think it's a bit silly to have an event require a certain toon/ship at 5 stars when that same toon/ship isn't even play-able in the event itself, it serves the same purpose required characters/ships have always served; gated content.
    So what are we really complainig about here? It was to be expected in one way or another and they communicated it clearly, so what's the problem?
    Atleast they tried a different format with this major release. It might turn out to be worse, who knows. Can it really be worse than another epic confrontation event?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

No, we have some insights that are worth keeping in mind. But go ahead and expect whatever you feel is right.
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

I still can't.
    You aren't in the right circles
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

I still can't.
    You aren't in the right circles

I need a discord invite please.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »

When was this not the case though? They've continuesly increased the difficulty in one way or another to account for the progression of the game/players.
    While i personally think it's a bit silly to have an event require a certain toon/ship at 5 stars when that same toon/ship isn't even play-able in the event itself, it serves the same purpose required characters/ships have always served; gated content.
    So what are we really complainig about here? It was to be expected in one way or another and they communicated it clearly, so what's the problem?
    Atleast they tried a different format with this major release. It might turn out to be worse, who knows. Can it really be worse than another epic confrontation event?

I'm not complaining, just calling out Kyno who apparently insists that no other units will be used when we have no real indication that it's the case. C-3PO or R2 as a "soft requirement" is still a real possibility.
  • EA_Joz
    4056 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    Hello everyone, please remember that there is no need to argue back and forth to the point that it starts getting personal. We've removed several comments that were starting to derail the thread. Let's keep things on-topic and constructive.

EA_Joz
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

I'm not complaining, just calling out Kyno who apparently insists that no other units will be used when we have no real indication that it's the case. C-3PO or R2 as a "soft requirement" is still a real possibility.

When did I say no other units could be used? I dont recall saying that.

Again, there are no "soft requirements" as players have used or not used toons as they choose in events that allow more than 5 to be selected from. Synergy is not a soft requirement, but it will always make things easier.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options

Mods were unprecedented
    GET to 7* a toon was unprecedented
    GET 2 to 7* a toon was unprecedented
    Hero’s journeys were unprecedented
    Epic confrontations were unprecedented
    Heck, even protection was unprecedented

reskins!
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options

oh, bc it's unprecedented that means they could just switch everything up at the last minute? uhhh, anything's possible I guess...
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »

oh, bc it's unprecedented that means they could just switch everything up at the last minute? uhhh, anything's possible I guess...

Calling it now, Dengar will be the mvp of this event.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

Again, there are no "soft requirements" as players have used or not used toons as they choose in events that allow more than 5 to be selected from. Synergy is not a soft requirement, but it will always make things easier.

Ok then, if you are unwilling to see beyond the exact wording, let me rephrase the question that started this exchange and hope to get some relevant answer:
    You have confirmed that no other units will be needed to unlock the event, but will any of the combat missions use characters other than those listed such as C-3PO or R2D2, (particularly reliqued), that will make the event significantly easier and/or less RNG dependent?
    And no matter if you call it synergy (that is all but required to complete it) or soft requirement, the potential difference in difficulty is infinitely more important here due to the ticket system, since we can't just brute force it by lots and lots of attempts.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Ok then, if you are unwilling to see beyond the exact wording, let me rephrase the question that started this exchange and hope to get some relevant answer:
    You have confirmed that no other units will be needed to unlock the event, but will any of the combat missions use characters other than those listed such as C-3PO or R2D2, (particularly reliqued), that will make the event significantly easier and/or less RNG dependent?
    And no matter if you call it synergy (that is all but required to complete it) or soft requirement, the potential difference in difficulty is infinitely more important here due to the ticket system, since we can't just brute force it by lots and lots of attempts.

We have no information at this time that other toons will be available for this event, but we dont have anything saying they will not be either. When we get the next post about the event maybe we will have ore details.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options

We have no information at this time that other toons will be available for this event, but we dont have anything saying they will not be either. When we get the next post about the event maybe we will have ore details.

Until then we'll just keep mining for more info.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    If I were to spend big on this game for characters it would definitely not be these two pathetic characters. I’ll wait until Galactic Legends Luke,Leila, Han, Vader etc come out. You know actual Legends

Leila was always my favourite character in Starl Wars too.

She’s got me in my knees...

Hahaha well played
  • Options
    All this blah blah is a clear sign players are bored with how long it takes to give us things to do in game....
  • Azza
    245 posts Member
    Options
    Yep that! We are bored to death! Last new thing to do repeatedly was in November (ls Tb). And the recurrence is low at best...

The extra level on assault battle are nice, but per the dev, they are not content so...
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    you guys realize the GL event is coming this month right? and we just got two new ships with events?