Can we have some GL honesty, please?

Replies

• Wassup
    128 posts Member
    Options
    What is... here’s a crazy theory... it’s the Raddus AND the ships that you had to have to get Raddus? That’s not really a new requirement.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    Wassup wrote: »
    What is... here’s a crazy theory... it’s the Raddus AND the ships that you had to have to get Raddus? That’s not really a new requirement.

Well if there was that it wouldn't really be a problem because you already have them since you have unlocked the Raddus.
  • Options
    Wassup wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    There are no other requirements to unlock the Rey or Kylo's Galactic Legends event. Both Capital Ships are only required to unlock the event, and are not needed in battle as both events do not have a fleet combat tier.

• Doneeta
    157 posts Member
    Options
    There are no other requirements to unlock the Rey or Kylo's Galactic Legends event. Both Capital Ships are only required to unlock the event, and are not needed in battle as both events do not have a fleet combat tier.

Wait! What!... you only need the ship to unlock the event and not actually used in the event. Are there other toons like that? Just an entry requirement but not actually required for the event... like Rose Tico perhaps? Great way. to make people panic farm/gear toons that actually wont be used in the event... nice one!

My problem with Galactic Legends is not actually the gear requirements, but the most likely mod requirements. Like the GAS event, you might meet the gear level requirements, but if you don't have the right number of 20+ speed secondary mods and the right mod order for the toons.. forget about it... Not everyone has time to re-mod all their toons for a single event..
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    Not everyone can have the newest toys.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I don't mind gearing up some toons as needed for events but using geared toons as a prerequisite to unlock and then not even to need or even be able to use in the case of finalizer seems a bit wrong.

I'm currently telling myself to see a net positive as supreme leader kylo ren will at least have a first order team already relics and ready to go for him.

But there being no fleet aspect kinda sucks. Unless they're giving him a ship but have this far kept it quiet (I sincerely doubt this) then these are just gates. Gates that don't seem to exist for any reason other than difficulty.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Just wait for the next announcement: After reading some of your comments, we did an internal review and decided to include a ship phase. Also, it will be against the equivalent of 7* capital with full r7 reinforcements and an extra starting ship. Good luck with your 5* capital.
  • Options
    Doneeta wrote: »

Wait! What!... you only need the ship to unlock the event and not actually used in the event. Are there other toons like that? Just an entry requirement but not actually required for the event... like Rose Tico perhaps? Great way. to make people panic farm/gear toons that actually wont be used in the event... nice one!

My problem with Galactic Legends is not actually the gear requirements, but the most likely mod requirements. Like the GAS event, you might meet the gear level requirements, but if you don't have the right number of 20+ speed secondary mods and the right mod order for the toons.. forget about it... Not everyone has time to re-mod all their toons for a single event..

You shouldn't need god mods. It was stated (in the q and a I believe) that the difficulty of the actual event will not be as bad as epic confrontations so success rate should be higher
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

You shouldn't need god mods. It was stated (in the q and a I believe) that the difficulty of the actual event will not be as bad as epic confrontations so success rate should be higher

It was also originally stated that not all characters will require relics and here we are. I'll believe it when I see it.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »

It was also originally stated that not all characters will require relics and here we are. I'll believe it when I see it.

That was clearly stated with "this is subject to change " in bold red letters.

The difficulty statement was not.
  • Fanatic
    415 posts Member
    Options
    dalosto147 wrote: »

So just a useless paywall, ah?

I have yet to hit a paywall that I couldn't climb over without a little persistance.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    Fanatic wrote: »
    dalosto147 wrote: »

So just a useless paywall, ah?

I have yet to hit a paywall that I couldn't climb over without a little persistance.

pzv1arcpjia0.jpeg
  • masternikolaos
    101 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    @CG_SBCrumb : You have confirmed that no other units will be needed to unlock the event, but will any of the combat missions require characters other than those listed such as C-3PO or R2D2, (particularly to be reliqued), in order to have fair chance at beating the event missions?
  • Options
    @Ultra:
    The only thing you cannot change is the capital ship. It’s locked and fixed. What’s not to get?

I don't believe it. I believe that they will require a certain number of 7* ships. I also believe that they will almost certainly limit it to the appropriate faction. Seriously, you're doing a GL with Resistance theme and you have to farm every Resistance toon and gear the heck out of them, but for the ship portion .... you're running Bugs + Ahsoka?

I don't think even you honestly believe that things will play out that way.

Then use the ships these resistance characters have since they will be geared. It makes sense that the ships will have to be 7* but be thankful that you can bring your personal best instead of farming up other characters just for their ships just for this one event.. Patience
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited March 2020
    Options
    CG_SBCrumb : You have confirmed that no other units will be needed to unlock the event, but will any of the combat missions require characters other than those listed such as C-3PO or R2D2, (particularly to be reliqued), in order to have fair chance at beating the event missions?

No toon is ever required for an event if it is not explicitly required for the event. You just need persistence, like that one player that unlocked DR Malak without DS Bastilla. And no toon has ever been required to be at any gear level to be useful in an event, it just makes it easier.

Edit.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb : You have confirmed that no other units will be needed to unlock the event, but will any of the combat missions require characters other than those listed such as C-3PO or R2D2, (particularly to be reliqued), in order to have fair chance at beating the event missions?

No toon is ever required for an event if it is not explicitly required for the event. You just need persistence, like that one player that unlocked DR without DS Bastilla. And no toon has ever been required to be at any gear level to be useful in an event, it just makes it easier.

Could you actually unlock DR without BSF when the event came out? You can't do it now.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited March 2020
    Options
    ImaSmakya wrote: »

No toon is ever required for an event if it is not explicitly required for the event. You just need persistence, like that one player that unlocked DR without DS Bastilla. And no toon has ever been required to be at any gear level to be useful in an event, it just makes it easier.

Could you actually unlock DR without BSF when the event came out? You can't do it now.

Some one did. They got a title for it. Literally nothing has changed from then to now, the only difference is that if you do manage to do it now, you dont get the title.
  • Options
    ImaSmakya wrote: »

Some one did. They got a title for it. Literally nothing has changed from then to now, the only difference is that if you do manage to do it now, you dont get the title.

Weird, all I get is...6d802dpb3abz.png

• Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options

It was Malak without Jedi Bastila Shan
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »

The student has become the master!
  • Options

Ah, I'm still a lowly pleeb and haven't had the opportunity to try the malak event yet.
  • Options
    GAS had one ship level. The developers said in the past after that event that they were planning on continuing that route. I don't think I was alone in assuming a few resistance ships and FO ships would be required.

Technically, that is true as the newly released capital ships will be needed at 5 stars. Nevertheless, I don't understand how anyone can defend the decision to set a requirement on a ship or toon and then not actually require said ship or toon in the unlock.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

No unit has ever been required for an event without the possibility to use it there until now, so arguing how it always has been is a bit pointless.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    Miketo28 wrote: »
    GAS had one ship level. The developers said in the past after that event that they were planning on continuing that route. I don't think I was alone in assuming a few resistance ships and FO ships would be required.

Technically, that is true as the newly released capital ships will be needed at 5 stars. Nevertheless, I don't understand how anyone can defend the decision to set a requirement on a ship or toon and then not actually require said ship or toon in the unlock.

I can defend it beacuse it doesn't matter.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Sorry, my bad.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited March 2020
    Options

No unit has ever been required for an event without the possibility to use it there until now, so arguing how it always has been is a bit pointless.

As has been stated, there have been toons "required" that needed virtually no investment to hit auto on their level, which is equivalent.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

As has been stated, there have been toons "required" that needed virtually no investment to hit auto on their level, which is equivalent.

But they could be used, which isn't the case here. Twist it all you want, but this is unprecedented.