Rey not a Jedi?

Prev1345
Why isn't GL Rey a Jedi? Throughout episode 9 she is called a Jedi, she has the training from Leia, the Jedi Force Ghosts proclaim her a Jedi. So why doesnt she have a Jedi tag?

Replies

• SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    Isn’t the Jedi dead?
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    You make a great point that she was trained by the most famous jedi leia
  • Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »

Look mate the movie had Leia training her, I can only say what happened in the film. And Leia did have some training from Luke that we saw in flash backs. Im just saying she called herself a Jedi, she was called a Jedi, and lets not forget her "I am all the Jedi" to go with Palps "I am all the Sith"
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options

Look mate the movie had Leia training her, I can only say what happened in the film. And Leia did have some training from Luke that we saw in flash backs. Im just saying she called herself a Jedi, she was called a Jedi, and lets not forget her "I am all the Jedi" to go with Palps "I am all the Sith"

Gotta balance it so she doesn’t become JKR’s side chick
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    “Ep. 9”
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    SemiGod wrote: »

That doesn't bode well for Jedi Luke GL if that ever happens, any future Jedi GLs would suffer the loss of a Jedi tag
  • BengelEngel
    26 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Some people had hope for another Jedi, especially there is a lack of usefull Jedi in GeoLS, but obviously she wont fill the slot.
    So we still doomed with our "r7 cant take/make it"-jedi.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options

That doesn't bode well for Jedi Luke GL if that ever happens, any future Jedi GLs would suffer the loss of a Jedi tag

why?
  • ZaneMorell
    83 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    This is insane. Rey is absolutely a Jedi. Look up her cannon wookiepedia page. It CLEARLY states she was Jedi:
    “ Rey Skywalker was a Force-sensitive human female who, after years of living as a scavenger, became a Jedi during the war between the First Order and the Resistance.”

How in the.....heck.... can CG possibly defend not making her a Jedi.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    ZaneMorell wrote: »
    This is insane. Rey is absolutely a Jedi. Look up her cannon wookiepedia page. It CLEARLY states she was Jedi:
    “ Rey Skywalker was a Force-sensitive human female who, after years of living as a scavenger, became a Jedi during the war between the First Order and the Resistance.”

How in the.....heck.... can CG possibly defend not making her a Jedi.

It’s called making a video game and balancing it.

Not everything follows lore mate
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    “Ep. 9”
    Doesn't Luke call her a The Last Jedi at the end of Episode 8?
  • Options
    Simmer now! We’ll eventually get Jedi Rey, Jedi Luke, Jedi Leia...
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    Simmer now! We’ll eventually get Jedi Rey, Jedi Luke, Jedi Leia...

Jedi Chewie, Jedi, Han, Sith Lord C-3P0, Jedi R2-D2
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    No shes not a jedi until she defeats the emperor.

She makes a new saber, its yellow and calls herself skywalker.... this is beginning of the movie rey
  • Options
    Guess it was to much to ask they would make the biggest toon to come to the game actually follow the lore that inspired the game. My bad.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    The Rey we’re being given has a blue lightsaber which means she’s the Rey from the beginning of the movie.

She doesn’t really become a Jedi until she has the golden lightsaber at the end of EP IX.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    “Ep. 9”
    Doesn't Luke call her a The Last Jedi at the end of Episode 8?

If you say so (I don't remember), but the point is this isn't the final version of rey from the end of the trilogy
  • LordDirt
    5011 posts Member
    Options
    She was a Jedi in Episode 8 & 9. They just didnt want to put another strong Jedi in the game.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options

The amount of books that there are with storyline for each character is ridiculous. When you get hint-drops alluding to things in the movies they are usually pointing to assumptions for backstory. Yes, in the movies there were paltry references to Leia's force prowess. There were decades of missing story in between movies that books fulfill.
  • Options
    Yeah I don’t see how she’s not a jedi
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    She may be a jedi, but everyone who is such a stickler for lore accuracy, tell me which other jedi from ep9 you want her to have synergy with?
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Darth wrote: »
    You really want Rey and Jedi Knight Revan together?!?? That’s overkill

Imagine JKR, GAS & Rey all on the same team.

SHEESH
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Darth wrote: »
    You really want Rey and Jedi Knight Revan together?!?? That’s overkill

Imagine JKR, GAS & Rey all on the same team.

SHEESH

Makes sense...just like when they all fought together in the movies
  • Options
    She may be a jedi, but everyone who is such a stickler for lore accuracy, tell me which other jedi from ep9 you want her to have synergy with?

Doesn’t me she shouldn’t have the tag. She was a Jedi so she should have the tag.