Rey not a Jedi?

Replies

• Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    TAZZZOOO wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    She may be a jedi, but everyone who is such a stickler for lore accuracy, tell me which other jedi from ep9 you want her to have synergy with?

jh0b3b80z9zy.jpg

She doesn't need to have synergy with other Resistance Jedi?

There's a point to be made about JTR not having the Jedi tag but absolutely no way is Rey not a Jedi at any point in TROS.

Either remove the tag from other non true Jedi like Ezra and Ahsoka OR give Rey the tag.

Well actually, padawan is a title of jedi. Ahsoka was a jedi padawan, she was never a jedi knight. Ezra however is up for debate.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Monel wrote: »
    She may be a jedi, but everyone who is such a stickler for lore accuracy, tell me which other jedi from ep9 you want her to have synergy with?

jh0b3b80z9zy.jpg

There's a point to be made about JTR not having the Jedi tag but absolutely no way is Rey not a Jedi at any point in TROS.

Either remove the tag from other non true Jedi like Ezra and Ahsoka OR give Rey the tag.

Well actually, padawan is a title of jedi. Ahsoka was a jedi padawan, she was never a jedi knight. Ezra however is up for debate.

Yet ahsoka was arguably one of the strongest jedi. Or was she not a jedi when she held her own against the inquisitors or even vader? If not, then I guess the title isn't that important...
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options

jh0b3b80z9zy.jpg

Yet ahsoka was arguably one of the strongest jedi. Or was she not a jedi when she held her own against the inquisitors or even vader? If not, then I guess the title isn't that important...

I love when people dont read. I said she was a jedi, never held a title above padawan though.

Being a jedi requires you to be in the jedi order, so no, when she faced Vader and the Inquisitors she was not a jedi because she had left the jedi order.

She was not one of the strongest jedi as by the time she reached her full potential she was no longer a jedi.

What else would you like to be wrong about today?
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Options

jh0b3b80z9zy.jpg

I love when people dont read. I said she was a jedi, never held a title above padawan though.

Being a jedi requires you to be in the jedi order, so no, when she faced Vader and the Inquisitors she was not a jedi because she had left the jedi order.

She was not one of the strongest jedi as by the time she reached her full potential she was no longer a jedi.

I wasn't necessarily disagreeing with you. Just making the point that having a title of jedi or not makes little difference.

Edit: I see how my previous post would be easily taken wrong. Think of it more like thinking out loud and coming to the conclusion that the title isn't that important.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options

jh0b3b80z9zy.jpg

I wasn't necessarily disagreeing with you. Just making the point that having a title of jedi or not makes little difference.

Edit: I see how my previous post would be easily taken wrong. Think of it more like thinking out loud and coming to the conclusion that the title isn't that important.

Gotcha.
  • Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Exletion wrote: »
    I don't think there is a super strong lore reason to make her a Jedi tag if she is the character from the very beginning of the film(EP 9). To be a Jedi, one has to pass a trial. Even Luke wasn't a Jedi until he confronted Vader again and defeats him as told by Yoda in EP6. I honestly don't know why people who are hardcore Star Wars fans would be so confused by this to say that Rey should be a Jedi. IMO, Rey isn't a jedi until the very end of the film after she faces her trial and defeats Palpatine.

So you have to pass a trial to be a Jedi? Where is that rule at?

So are there no longer Jedi Padawan’s? Are they not considered Jedi?

It's pretty well established lore. Padawan's aren't Jedi yet, but they are part of the Jedi Order and are Jedi by proxy, but not full fledged Jedi. The Order was destroyed after Episode 3. Even Kanaan Jarrus had to pass a trial to become a full Jedi after the purge and have the title bestowed upon him in Rebels, as Luke did in episode 6 when he even asked if he was a Jedi yet and Yoda told him no, even though he had been training with Yoda for some time. The only reason people would think Rey is a Jedi at all is speculation; it's not shown or talked about once in The Rise of Skywalker(not that TRoS cared much for pre-established lore anyway).

Padawan is a Jedi title. They then go to Jedi Knight. Since Luke did not go the normal way to become a Jedi he had to face Vader to be one.

Most went through training as their trial not fight someone.

I agree with that assessment, but I believe from lore there must be a trial or trials for a Padawan to graduate so to speak. I don't think they needed to be predefined, but sometimes were simply recognized after as being adequate; for example after Ashoka was acquitted, the council was willing to accept her back into the order and grant her the Knight status citing the events as her trials. I think this idea was still definitely in place during the height of the Order. Obi-Wan in Episode 1 even makes reference to the trials, saying that he feels ready.
  • Options
    Just my 2 cents here. Putting aside lore and how one "becomes" a Jedi, I just think it is weird that CG would not use the final version of Rey (i..e Rey Skywalker, Jedi Knight) for her GL. This new type of character is supposed to be the ultimate, most powerful. Are they going to release another Rey thats a GL? Or will Rey's final version not be a GL? Its just strange. I understand why they made Kylo's GL dark side and not the Ben Solo version because they wanted balance in GL (one light, one dark) to start. I imagine they will eventually release a Ben Solo toon, probably not a GL though.
  • TVF
    36629 posts Member
    Options
    CrispyFett wrote: »
    Just my 2 cents here. Putting aside lore and how one "becomes" a Jedi, I just think it is weird that CG would not use the final version of Rey (i..e Rey Skywalker, Jedi Knight) for her GL. This new type of character is supposed to be the ultimate, most powerful. Are they going to release another Rey thats a GL? Or will Rey's final version not be a GL? Its just strange. I understand why they made Kylo's GL dark side and not the Ben Solo version because they wanted balance in GL (one light, one dark) to start. I imagine they will eventually release a Ben Solo toon, probably not a GL though.

Future Rey 2.0 GL confirmed.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

QUICK MAKE A YOUTUBE VIDEO
  • Kurrgan
    100 posts Member
    Options
    Since this is all cantina fun I'm still sad they didn't take this chance to make switchblade rey and Ben solo.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    I don't think there is a super strong lore reason to make her a Jedi tag if she is the character from the very beginning of the film(EP 9). To be a Jedi, one has to pass a trial. Even Luke wasn't a Jedi until he confronted Vader again and defeats him as told by Yoda in EP6. I honestly don't know why people who are hardcore Star Wars fans would be so confused by this to say that Rey should be a Jedi. IMO, Rey isn't a jedi until the very end of the film after she faces her trial and defeats Palpatine.

So you have to pass a trial to be a Jedi? Where is that rule at?

So are there no longer Jedi Padawan’s? Are they not considered Jedi?

It's pretty well established lore. Padawan's aren't Jedi yet, but they are part of the Jedi Order and are Jedi by proxy, but not full fledged Jedi. The Order was destroyed after Episode 3. Even Kanaan Jarrus had to pass a trial to become a full Jedi after the purge and have the title bestowed upon him in Rebels, as Luke did in episode 6 when he even asked if he was a Jedi yet and Yoda told him no, even though he had been training with Yoda for some time. The only reason people would think Rey is a Jedi at all is speculation; it's not shown or talked about once in The Rise of Skywalker(not that TRoS cared much for pre-established lore anyway).

Padawan is a Jedi title. They then go to Jedi Knight. Since Luke did not go the normal way to become a Jedi he had to face Vader to be one.

Most went through training as their trial not fight someone.

I agree with that assessment, but I believe from lore there must be a trial or trials for a Padawan to graduate so to speak. I don't think they needed to be predefined, but sometimes were simply recognized after as being adequate; for example after Ashoka was acquitted, the council was willing to accept her back into the order and grant her the Knight status citing the events as her trials. I think this idea was still definitely in place during the height of the Order. Obi-Wan in Episode 1 even makes reference to the trials, saying that he feels ready.

Well Luke did go through his trial. Facing Vader the second time was what made him a Jedi according to Yoda before he force ghosted.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options

They gave stated that these aren't the end movie characters, so very possible tbh. Hopefully not for quite some time though.
  • TVF
    36629 posts Member
    Options
    Lio wrote: »

QUICK MAKE A YOUTUBE VIDEO

You just watched it and you didn't even realize.
  • Seku
    575 posts Member
    Options
    I agree that Rey should definitely have the Jedi tag!!!!!
  • Options
    Even tho I went for kylo I still want Rey to have the Jedi tag or at the very least just give her the Jedi tag in PvE , waited to long for the vets to get their resistance tag now they are doing the same to Rey.

Rey PvE Jedi = raids , Geo territory battle , Geo challenge . Really don’t seem the harm in this and if she can do all of Geo territory battle with Jedi theN congratulations the legend lives up to the name and time,effort and money was worth it.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    Tezza23 wrote: »
    Even tho I went for kylo I still want Rey to have the Jedi tag or at the very least just give her the Jedi tag in PvE , waited to long for the vets to get their resistance tag now they are doing the same to Rey.

Rey PvE Jedi = raids , Geo territory battle , Geo challenge . Really don’t seem the harm in this and if she can do all of Geo territory battle with Jedi theN congratulations the legend lives up to the name and time,effort and money was worth it.

Because the jedi are about to get some love when they revisit Clone Wars, then mixed with Rey they will be way way way OP.
  • Penguin_Tzar
    33 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    The Jedi are dead.

Rey isn’t dead.
  • Buffbeardo
    253 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I don’t read the books or comics anymore. The bridge was burnt with me when they redacted 30 years of fiction. I stick to the movies only. Only way to be safe. Therefore, Imo, Rey is not a Jedi. Neither is Leia. Disney would have redacted the previous movies if they could, which is counterintuitive since that’s what they bought into. We have seen them try. Last Jedi. They failed. Failed even worse trying to correct the course. Now, they are just Star Trek. No offense to you Trekkies.
  • Options
    Buffbeardo wrote: »
    I don’t read the books or comics anymore. The bridge was burnt with me when they redacted 30 years of fiction. I stick to the movies only. Only way to be safe. Therefore, Imo, Rey is not a Jedi. Neither is Leia.
    Jarjar however is a Bombad Jedi! :D
  • Buffbeardo
    253 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    The Star Wars universe jumped a shark with a ski jump when Disney bought control. The Luke Skywalker I love is an inspiration, not a curmudgeon
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    If jolee was able to bring rey back from the dead people would explode lol
  • TVF
    36629 posts Member
    Options
    The Star Wars universe jumped a shark with a ski jump when Disney bought control. The Luke Skywalker I love is an inspiration, not a curmudgeon

People change. Even Jedi.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options

I liked when Mace changed into a stumpy pancake
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • LordDirt
    5032 posts Member
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »

I liked when people thought Yoda was a badass and then he ran like a **** from the Emperor and hid on a crappy planet for nearly 20 years.

Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »

I liked when people thought Yoda was a badass and then he ran like a **** from the Emperor and hid on a crappy planet for nearly 20 years.

Only a Jedi Master would have such patience.
  • LordDirt
    5032 posts Member
    Options
    Nope, Yoda sucks. He couldnt do what Mary Sue could.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    I don’t think Rey is a Jedi any more than Kylo is a Sith. They are both Force Users who may have technical knowledge of their respective alignments, but ultimately they are doing their own thing and when under duress seem to lack any true discipline or control. They are both unbalanced!!

I guess you can argue the winds of change are blowing, but it seems their force sensitivity serves their own purpose which seems to make them more like Palpy and not the mark of any manner of true enlightenment or progression. Movies like this to continue to justify emotional hooks.