Instant Upgrade Offers

Prev1345
Dantefire
277 posts Member
edited March 2016
@EA_Jesse

Bit more transparency here please. Who qualifies as the small number of players? Spenders? Long time players?

Also, a description of how this works would be great too. Give us non qualifies something to possibly look forward to.
- R.I.P. Carrie Fisher -

Replies

• Options
    Instant upgrades?! When, where, what?
  • Options
    Let the speculation begin!

I'm glad we get these weekly teasers, it adds some life to the speculators.
  • Options
    Dantefire wrote: »
    @EA_Jesse

Bit more transparency here please. Who qualifies as the small number of players? Spenders? Long time players?

Also, a description of how this works would be great too. Give us non qualifies something to possibly look forward to.
    For real. Couldn't have been more cryptic if you tried @EA_Jesse. Please give a little more info.
    Hodor
  • Options
    Also does it have to be previously unlocked chars? Seems very unfair in that case.
  • Fantazy
    553 posts Member
    Options
    /queue whining because people have activated lotsa units just to get the Vader shards from the Achievements.
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Options
    Lol i want to collect as much chars as i can. I have numerous chars at lvl 1 just because i havent had the credits to upgrade them yet. Shouldnt miss out on a deal like this just because i activated them..
  • Options
    Just got the upgrade offer.
    21.99$ CAN to get your character from 1 to 42 and gear level 6.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Here's an example someone posted on the Reddit:
    x5Ala1I.png
    Anyone who has been around a while knows just how bad a deal that is (probably like $15 in the US). Getting to level 42 costs under 200 2-star training droids and 200k credits, and most of us have more low-level gear than we know what to do with.
    Just another way to rip off newbies. Nice priorities on the development there guys. :(
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Huge rip-off guys, nothing to worry about ATM.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Artas
    223 posts Member
    Options
    so this offer for whales :)
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Artas wrote: »
    so this offer for whales :)
    Not really, as most whales have already activated pretty much everyone, and they are also savvy enough to know what a bad deal this is.
    I currently have 5 characters sitting unactivated and that wouldn't even remotely tempt me.
  • darkside
    287 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    This is ridiculous
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    x5Ala1I.png
    Anyone who has been around a while knows just how bad a deal that is (probably like $15 in the US). Getting to level 42 costs under 200 2-star training droids and 200k credits, and most of us have more low-level gear than we know what to do with.
    Just another way to rip off newbies. Nice priorities on the development there guys. :(

There is not a high enough number to say how much I agree here.
  • xJazzx
    808 posts Member
    Options
    x5Ala1I.png

LOL

Rip off nonsense

Can't be a Dev idea
    Must be from marketing or sales to rip newbies off
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Options
    x5Ala1I.png

Wow... That is an amazing rip off. Now if it was 42 to 70 and gear VI to IX that would be different.
  • Options
    Lol
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Newbie: "Wow! Level 42 is 60% of the way to 70! I will get a huge head start!"
    This is who these are aimed at. Poor newbies. :(
  • Brom
    236 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah this is obviously targeting new players.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    "Instant Ripoff Offer! For those too impatient to get ripped off the old-fashioned ways!" :)
  • Options
    This is not just cg trying to make money. This is cg trying to deliberately rip off new players who don't know the game yet.

Wow. Makes me feel dirty playing this game now.
  • Options
    No wonder @EA_Jesse didn't give details, he knew it was a terrible deal and wouldn't interest anyone, but had to be professional about it.
    Sinister Alliance (Leader) - accepting waitlist members - PM for information
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Options
    Oh it would probably be worth it for a new player with account level of 8 for early arena dominance. Crystals would about pay for it.
  • Options
    Ummmmm whales can spend the same money to buy droids and energy for gear/credits.

Dumb thread
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Randall wrote: »
    Oh it would probably be worth it for a new player with account level of 8 for early arena dominance. Crystals would about pay for it.

My guess is you don't get offered this unless you are at least level 42 because then you'd end up with a character above your player level which would break things. And even a level 42 player can spend their money better in other ways.
    It's sad that with the millions they are taking in, they are still spending so much time on monetizing, and can't even come up with deals that are attractive and interesting.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, that's not much of a boost. If you don't have the two hours to get there (probably less if you've been playing a while and have most of the gear), you probably don't have the time to actually play the game.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Options
    Yeah this is crazy bad business. I can get any toon to level 60 gear 6. It's the last ten and the last two gears that I would pay to get. Farming purple gear is boring, monotonous, tedious and every other synonym of boring that I can mention.

So glad me and a couple others created a second account. Since getting to 70 all I do is sim a bunch of things, run a couple arenas and challenges and storm through GW. The second account which is basically f2p actually has things to do while waiting for the update
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Petrelli81
    81 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    This is dumb.

If they offered instant upgrade from 5 to 7*, from level 60 to 70 and from gear 6 to 8? They'd make a fortune.

Silly.
  • Options
    I'd be interested to know if the person who posted the screenshot was max level or not. If they are only level 42, than it's possible that they were offered to cap the character at its current max. Maybe a level 70 would be offered a better deal.
  • Options
    Wow... I expected upgrade as in *star* up.. At least 5-7 stars