Instant Upgrade Offers

1235Next

Replies

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    This could set a record for least popular offer ever. I literally have not seen a single person say they would buy it.
    I'm sure some newbies will... and then kick themselves later.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Trevor
    102 posts Member
    Options
    We need reply or this is for level 42 player or not?
  • Options
    Well, if it tied in the activation of another character you didn't have yet activated almost like a chain to activate someone you wanted I could see it being a money pit for me. BUT every character would have to at least be 5*. That would make it a tad more tempting for me. Cause $150 would have every character activated, gear 6 5* and I would say make it level 50 or 60 instead of 42. It would allow me the chance to get the Jedi I've wanted but haven't had time to farm. Would even open up Yoda for the newbs if they spent enough or was lucky enough.

I most likely would have taken the deal back when the qui-gon pack came out. My anakin still hasn't been geared to level 6 but I have farmed him to 6*. Yet that was because he took a back seat to me leveling up as many Jedi as fast as I could to beat the Yoda challenge.

So, 5* level 50 six gear and activate another character that hasn't been activated. I could see me doing it to get gun-di and Offee and try out grievous.

So there, I said I would it just needs modifications to make it more tempting. Making them 5* and giving me someone I don't yet have makes it a little more sweeter for me.

But yeah, $15 for 6gear and 42 only. Nah, I'll tough it out.
  • Options
    The way to discourage activity like this is to simply keep the wallet in the pocket. Everyone.
  • Options
    The way to discourage activity like this is to simply keep the wallet in the pocket. Everyone.

But my credit card calls to it's master...... it's getting heavy... Gollum Gollum. .
  • Options
    I would like to point that there is a red X button in the right top corner of that pop-up. Anyone can use in case they dislike the offer.
  • Options
    Fixxxer wrote: »
    Can't blame the devs if there's people willing to spend 15 bucks on this.

If you start throwing money at a game without knowing it's bacis mechanics, then it's on you.

My first thought would be are there people willing to spend $15 USD on this? Who?

My second would be, all right maybe a newbie who didn't know any better (like you said)...but then what conclusion will they reach when they realize what happened?

Why would they ever trust the game again?

Trevor wrote: »
    We need reply or this is for level 42 player or not?
    It's been replied multiple times that they are 70.
  • Eris_Discordant
    223 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I would like to point that there is a red X button in the right top corner of that pop-up. Anyone can use in case they dislike the offer.

Hallelujah, all our problems are solved!

There's also an "Uninstall" button. I guess therefore every game can be terrible and game developers shouldn't try to make good ones, improve them, or listen to their customers.

"Wish a game were better? Stop whining and uninstall it." --tcorneliubrv

Oh, also you have a trashcan. Therefore it's okay if the products you buy are defective, because you can just throw them away if you don't like them.

At least you didn't try to claim the game was F2P and therefore no one is allowed (by you, I guess?) to complain about bugs or request features. Kudos.

And, by the way, there's also a boatload of buttons that would allow you to completely bypass this thread. Don't like it, don't read it.
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Here's an example someone posted on the Reddit:
    x5Ala1I.png
    Anyone who has been around a while knows just how bad a deal that is (probably like $15 in the US). Getting to level 42 costs under 200 2-star training droids and 200k credits, and most of us have more low-level gear than we know what to do with.
    Just another way to rip off newbies. Nice priorities on the development there guys. :(

Wow check this out!
    That's roughly 200 power for US$1.5
    I don't know how else to put this into perspective lol.

Then again the idea's there. Since this is just a trial, we might see power ups to lvl 70 and purple gear for US$100?

Imagine $100 for a fully geared Rey lol
  • Options
    Yeah people will buy this, as a loyal employee I felt the sparkle pony in Wow was just an insult to the players intelligence that no one would be fool enough to buy. turns out the egg was on my face as it made Bliz somewhere north of 2 million dollars in a day.
  • Options

Hallelujah, all our problems are solved!

Absolutely! This is an offer implented to the game. If you like it, use it, if not don't do it. What on Earth... this is a business and they choose what to do with their resources. And if there will be people buying stuff in this game, they will also have resources to invest in future development.

Also if at some point you get stuck in a reason like this to hate this game, you can use the uninstall, trash can or whatever.

• LordStyling
    1461 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    as crazy stoo pide as this is... it doesn't affect the game for those smart enough not to do it... so wtv! lol
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Newbie: "Wow! Level 42 is 60% of the way to 70! I will get a huge head start!"
    This is who these are aimed at. Poor newbies. :(

This is just absolutely terrible to see them try to actually take advantage of new players. EA and CG don't have to do business like this to make money, making it even more shameful.

Why don't they just make up an scam offer and when you buy it, you get nothing. How about just charge all our Google Play and iTunes Store accounts for hundreds in purchases we didn't make since you guys like running scams, you'll make money quicker!!!

Here's an idea!!! Deliver real "content" to players that will add value to their game!!!
  • Options
    Of course, as an added bonus, we had to go to Reddit for the information, how swell!!!
  • Options
    If they offered this at six or seven stars and a character like Rey....I would buy. Not Puggle. Way too easy to farm and gear up