Instant Upgrade Offers

Replies

• Options
    DudeMan wrote: »
    I'd be interested to know if the person who posted the screenshot was max level or not. If they are only level 42, than it's possible that they were offered to cap the character at its current max. Maybe a level 70 would be offered a better deal.

I am max level, I've spent some money on crystals for refills, but not enough to unlock the rex pack
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Here's an example someone posted on the Reddit:
    x5Ala1I.png
    Anyone who has been around a while knows just how bad a deal that is (probably like $15 in the US). Getting to level 42 costs under 200 2-star training droids and 200k credits, and most of us have more low-level gear than we know what to do with.
    Just another way to rip off newbies. Nice priorities on the development there guys. :(

Who in their right mind would ever consider this?!
  • Vodo
    332 posts Member
    Options
    Is it already April 1st?
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Ronin_Monk wrote: »
    Who in their right mind would ever consider this?!

The same people who spend 24 energy to get 8400 credits? Who knows.
    Some of the offers made in this game are so bizarre I honestly wonder if they even ask that basic question.
    Preying on the new and ignorant is all I can come up with. Which is pretty damned sad.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    lol, rip off
  • Options
    It would be so much better if this cost crystals and instead of when you activate a character you should get the option every time you max a character out. Max one and you can upgrade any character like this, but this option would be practical so won't happen. It is nice to see that they only went to gear level 6, they do live to make us farm.

It is odd to see this at this point in the game. Other games I have played that had done something similar done so when they were loosing interest in the game and was used to keep other around.
  • Options
    This is almost as bad as the droid and credit event..... loyalty aside this is very silly @EA_Jesse

Don't rip off the new players they should be focused on more content and features.

From people like me that have spent alot on this game. If the high up wants more profit then look at the credit and chromium packs that they nerfed to oblivion.

Also we would spend more if we could stop pulling out maxed characters we already have.

3400 dollars and still cannot max Aayla.... not really good.
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    Options
    x5Ala1I.png
    Anyone who has been around a while knows just how bad a deal that is (probably like $15 in the US). Getting to level 42 costs under 200 2-star training droids and 200k credits, and most of us have more low-level gear than we know what to do with.
    Just another way to rip off newbies. Nice priorities on the development there guys. :(

Wow...what a joke.
  • Eris_Discordant
    223 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    r2steve2 wrote: »
    For real. Couldn't have been more cryptic if you tried @EA_Jesse. Please give a little more info.
    More or less cryptic than "improved matchmaking?"

• Options
    This is almost as bad as the droid and credit event..... loyalty aside this is very silly @EA_Jesse

Don't rip off the new players they should be focused on more content and features.

From people like me that have spent alot on this game. If the high up wants more profit then look at the credit and chromium packs that they nerfed to oblivion.

Also we would spend more if we could stop pulling out maxed characters we already have.

It's ment to make up for the money the p2p players once spent. Players who once spent money have stopped doing so as they have acquired what they were wanting or are refusing to spend more. They need a way to regain the revenue they once had, good or bad, it's not intended to be a useful tool.
  • Options
    Horrible execution. This instant upgrade replaces almost no effort in the game...

Even my 8 year old thinks it's a giant rip off.

Following the Lando Fiasco and the rumored upcoming Poe/Phasma promotion, it really feels like the devs put little to no effort or thought into rewarding players but countless hours into finding ways to skim money.

The character of the month hasn't been worthwhile, the crystal subscriptions replaced with a worse offer, the training droid bundles, the event and challenge rewards, ridiculously priced character packs which never return, Aurodium packs...the list just goes on and on…

Although my kid's pretty wise for her age, I just can't believe there are regular players spending money in this game. Oh I know someone always will, and there is lots of evidence that 1% of players support the industry...but why not draw in the casual spenders too?

When the game launched in Dec., the prices and rewards had me pushing the game and even spending.

Haven't spent a dime since the TFA bundle, and there hasn't been a single change since which has encouraged me to.

This isn't one either, I'm actually a little insulted at the pricing.

I thought this game was handling the freemium model better....boy have I been fooled.

I still like the game, but it's going to take a big change of direction to get any more money from me. I know that's a tiny ripple in the ocean...

Sorry didn't mean this to be a rant, but abusive freemium monetization really irritates me and this seems like another step down that road.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Does it include the stars? 80 shards is worth about $20
  • xJazzx
    808 posts Member
    Options

You spent 3400 and got how many Ayala shards?
  • Options
    Horrible execution. This instant upgrade replaces almost no effort in the game...

Following the Lando Fiasco and the rumored upcoming Poe/Phasma promotion, it really feels like the devs put little to no effort or thought into rewarding players but countless hours into finding ways to skim money.

The character of the month hasn't been worthwhile, the crystal subscriptions replaced with a worse offer, the training droid bundles, the event and challenge rewards, ridiculously priced character packs which never return, Aurodium packs...the list just goes on and on…

Although my kid's pretty wise for her age, I just can't believe there are regular players spending money in this game. Oh I know someone always will, and there is lots of evidence that 1% of players support the industry...but why not draw in the casual spenders too?

When the game launched in Dec., the prices and rewards had me pushing the game and even spending.

Haven't spent a dime since the TFA bundle, and there hasn't been a single change since which has encouraged me to.

I thought this game was handling the freemium model better....boy have I been fooled.

I still like the game, but it's going to take a big change of direction to get any more money from me. I know that's a tiny ripple in the ocean...

Sorry didn't mean this to be a rant, but abusive freemium monetization really irritates me and this seems like another step down that road.

Players have the right to spend their money anyway they want to, and the Dervs have the right to try to make money as games are not ran by volunteers. It's your choice if you want to pay or not.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    It's ment to make up for the money the p2p players once spent.
    If this is true, I could come up with better ideas if I were in a coma. No whale cares about this and no other player with two brain cells to rub together does either. It's a terrible deal for, at best, the tail end of the curve.
    Look at the monetization moves with respect to whales in the last few months. Most of them make absolutely no sense, and any other game would be in serious trouble from all the lost revenue they are leaving on the table. This game is just taking in so much money because of the Star Wars brand that they can do whatever they want and they'll be golden, whether it makes sense or not. But they could be making millions more if the people in charge of monetization had any sort of long-term view.
    The only move that encouraged whales spending was introducing aurodiums, which I have never bought but were a good idea (and I said so at the time). Everything else has been terrible. At the top of the list, the nearly-useless Shard Shop, which was intended for whales, is reviled by nearly all of them, and hasn't been improved despite now being out for weeks.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    What this could mean is that the credit crunch will stay. So this is how they address it?
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Options
    Agree that this is a terrible deal and the worst of them so far. Most will already have the required gear mats and it doesn't cost much to get to that level.
  • Options
    Pricing seems a bit out in all honesty but it is still in the testing phase so I'd imagine it could be subject to change.

My issue with it is it seems you may only have one chance to do it and you don't know if you're part of the project. It would be nice to know if you are in it first and which characters are also part of it so IF you did want to do it you have the funds ready (yes I'm sad and have an account where I set myself an allowance for games etc)

So I'm siding with poor execution of an unnecessary new feature but if you're gonna implement something - just do it properly. Poor communication strikes again
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • Jooba
    61 posts Member
    Options
    I would pay 15 bucks for 200 of those dang hairdryers.
  • Options
    Jooba wrote: »
    I would pay 15 bucks for 200 of those dang hairdryers.

And/or the stun cuffs too. I would be in!
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    +1 for gear sets!

Besides being a complete rip-off, why isn't the instant upgrade in crystals?
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    DudeMan wrote: »
    I'd be interested to know if the person who posted the screenshot was max level or not. If they are only level 42, than it's possible that they were offered to cap the character at its current max. Maybe a level 70 would be offered a better deal.

Nope. I'm level 70 and got offered a $15.99 boost on my newly activated Greedo. Same conditions of level 42 and gear 6. Significantly less useful than that poggle since hes a 2* so it's an even worse deal.
  • Options
    x5Ala1I.png

But it's not a cash grab! And don't you dare post a thread saying it is! Mine was deleted in minutes.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    x5Ala1I.png
    x5Ala1I.png

+infinity
    +so much i had to dbl copy it lol
  • Options

Players have the right to spend their money anyway they want to, and the Dervs have the right to try to make money as games are not ran by volunteers. It's your choice if you want to pay or not.

Thanks for clarifying that; I had no idea there was a free enterprise system in which companies sought profit, nor that I had any choice in the matter. Now I can make better informed decisions, which was kinda the point…

My comment was essentially an inditement of the freemium system and the consequent deferment of my participation in this particular iteration.

There's an interesting article about freemium game models here, if you want to better inform yourself too:

http://thenextweb.com/insider/2016/03/23/free-to-play-games-are-not-the-way-forward-for-mobile-gaming/

• Options
    To be honest though, is anything in this game not a cash grab? Nothing is cheap in this game.
    Aurodiums, chromiums, card packs. This is inline with prior pricing.

And if they can keep releasing overpriced content - it means people are buying.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Options
    To be honest though, is anything in this game not a cash grab? Nothing is cheap in this game.

I made a thread earlier telling people to "Beat the cash grab, hold onto your resources till meta change" It was erased within minutes of posting and I was told not to tell people not to spend money.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options

I made a thread earlier telling people to "Beat the cash grab, hold onto your resources till meta change" It was erased within minutes of posting and I was told not to tell people not to spend money.

Im quite sure lol
  • Options
    Abyss wrote: »

Im quite sure lol

Yep. All that matters to CG is the bottom line, no matter how they spin it, facts are facts here.
  • Options
    Hey cg take a little player feedback.. it's 100% unanimous. Shame on you for being greedy as sin and preying on new players.