Cap raise first, combat tuning later! *noooooooooo!*

Prev1
zerizut
425 posts Member
edited March 2016
That's one tough cookie!
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/22780/community-update-3-25-2016#latest
I'm gonna get massacred with the cap raise and no balancing.

Replies

• Options
    Lol. So we are supposed to start leveling a few toons and then they are going to completely shift the meta under our feet 2 weeks later. Then we can level up the toons we left behind.

This is the most transparent money grab yet. I think it's even worse than GG.
  • Options
    Wow!!! Next week. Oh well I'm actually excited to shake things up.
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    Sweet. Though, I wouldn't level up characters just yet. Maybe the reys of the world. You really want to wait till the fortitude changes are included.
  • Eleiem
    334 posts Member
    Options
    SlyGambit wrote: »
    Totally
  • Options
    Barrok wrote: »
    Sweet. Though, I wouldn't level up characters just yet. Maybe the reys of the world. You really want to wait till the fortitude changes are included.

Got to agree. I'm adding this is a blatent grab for money. Let's raise the cap so people level, then shift the meta so they either pay to keep up or be left in the dust. I'm P2P so it does not hurt me as much, but these grabs are getting old.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Lol. So we are supposed to start leveling a few toons and then they are going to completely shift the meta under our feet 2 weeks later. Then we can level up the toons we left behind.

I don't know what the motivation is (it could be a money grab or just Ockham's Razor applies) but I agree that it is a terrible idea.
    I supported the idea of having both at the same time even though most people wanted the cap raised after the combat revamp. But raising the cap first is just an incredibly awful idea. Whether it is intended to or not, it will result in a massive waste of resources unless you want to just sit at 70 (and get slaughtered in arena and GW).
    This is breathtakingly horrible design.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Occam's razor here being what exactly?
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »

I don't know what the motivation is (it could be a money grab or just Ockham's Razor applies) but I agree that it is a terrible idea.
    I supported the idea of having both at the same time even though most people wanted the cap raised after the combat revamp. But raising the cap first is just an incredibly awful idea. Whether it is intended to or not, it will result in a massive waste of resources unless you want to just sit at 70 (and get slaughtered in arena and GW).
    This is breathtakingly horrible design.
    They don't care. All they care about it people will pay to level toons, realize once the meta changes that they leveled the wrong ones, and then pay to catch up.

You know what this is devs? DEVIOUS.
  • Options

Got to agree. I'm adding this is a blatent grab for money. Let's raise the cap so people level, then shift the meta so they either pay to keep up or be left in the dust. I'm P2P so it does not hurt me as much, but these grabs are getting old.

you're pay to play? I've been away for a while; did they implement a Subscription-Only model into the game, or is it still a Free-to-play game with an Option to spend?
  • Options
    Hi everyone.

New player here, but played Heroes charge for a year and this game seems pretty similar.

I don't really understand the fuss though. From what I can see you need different teams for different roles (Droid Event, Galactic War, Challenges, Arena).

So what does it really matter if you level up certain chars, then things change and you have to level up others ? Not to mention, won't everyone be in the same boat ?
  • Options
    @Pokebreaker it's still option to pay.
  • Options
    Not good
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Lmfao i called it, i tried to tell ppl "don't be excited, they are gonna mess this up"

This is why you plan for the worst ALWAYS.
  • Jabberwocky
    1809 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hanlon's Razor: "never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stu pidity". (space added for censoring reasons)
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    zerizut wrote: »

my thoughts exactly.

Occam's razor is usually interpreted as, (paraphrasing) all things being equal, the simplest answer is usually the correct one.

but i'm not quite sure that i understand how it applies here

• ubn87
    314 posts Member
    Options
    Can't afford this. I will have to drop in arena. Cause I will level the team
    I believe will be my new team for next meta.
    One word: hoard
  • Options

you're pay to play? I've been away for a while; did they implement a Subscription-Only model into the game, or is it still a Free-to-play game with an Option to spend?

P2P means you spend on the game, F2P means you don't. Do we really need this foolish debate that was done in December again?
  • Options
    Abyss wrote: »
    Lmfao i called it, i tried to tell ppl "don't be excited, they are gonna mess this up"

Amen,lol.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options

Amen,lol.

Prime example of when i HATE being rite smh :(
  • Options

Amen,lol.

Prime example of when i HATE being rite smh :(

Yeah I hear you man. I had a feeling they'd pull something foolish, but this is really pretty bad.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    plink wrote: »

my thoughts exactly.

Occam's razor is usually interpreted as, (paraphrasing) all things being equal, the simplest answer is usually the correct one.

The simplest answer is that they are just doing this because X is ready and Y is not and they never really thought through what the result would be. As opposed to it being some grand conspiracy to make us pay more.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    I'm going to drop like a brick in arena either way and I'm sure GW will become grueling again. I haven't been stockpiling anything. I have just been trying to get as many toons maxed out as possible.

Oh well... That is how I want to play the game so I have to live with it. In some ways I guess it could help. The more toons I have close to 7* 70 and geared up, the less work I will have to do when the changes arrive and the better chance I have of finding a combo that works.

Something tells me that this is even more of a sign that the nerf to chars like QGJ and GS is going to be significant. These are the type of toons that everyone is going to throw resources at first. EA/CG knows this.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    MrClean621 wrote: »
    Something tells me that this is even more of a sign that the nerf to chars like QGJ and GS is going to be significant. These are the type of toons that everyone is going to throw resources at first. EA/CG knows this.

Sadly i said thats what would happen and still think so. I really think the hidden goal here is to obsolite all the fast toons so that all the "never used ones" become instant arena gods. After a while, ppl will be sic of slow toons ruling the roost, they will cry again, and the devs will nerf them too lol
  • Options

my thoughts exactly.

The simplest answer is that they are just doing this because X is ready and Y is not and they never really thought through what the result would be. As opposed to it being some grand conspiracy to make us pay more.

That's why I mentioned Hanlon's Razor, much more apt an aphorism.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options

my thoughts exactly.

Nope. The best thing is releasing the changes then later add the levels. The simplest for developers is just delaying both. This complicates things. Particularly since they've probably been testing these changes in tandem. Now when 80 breaks things people will be upset. Then when the changes break things people will be upset again a couple weeks later.

They're doing this because they have to get something out when the movie comes out on disk.
    Half is ready.

They're doing this because that is where the money is at.
  • Options

my thoughts exactly.

Nope. The best thing is releasing the changes then later add the levels. The simplest for developers is just delaying both. This complicates things. Particularly since they've probably been testing these changes in tandem. Now when 80 breaks things people will be upset. Then when the changes break things people will be upset again a couple weeks later.

They're doing this because they have to get something out when the movie comes out on disk.
    Half is ready.

They're doing this because that is where the money is at.

Yep. Despite being told this isn't about money, it most definitely is. We aren't dumb ea

• Options
    TommySitt wrote: »
    Having said the above, I think it's wrong to just raise the cap to 80 for everyone. When the cap goes to 80 should be based on the age of the server.

Definitely.
  • Options
    Well played CG, well played. Good business decision.

I just wished they would have released both level cap increase and combat tuning together in April as a big monthly update. I think I need to sit back and hold on to my resources for this one.. Boring!