So ... I lose? One more reason why GA sucks

Prev1345
I got distracted in the middle of setting up GA ... As a result, I only put up one team. My bad right? But when i checked in the next day, my opponent didn't do ANYTHING ... So CG auto-deployed his teams. I thought: "Hey! This is my chance! I might ACTUALLY beat this guy! - And even conquer all of the territories!

So I did! Except that I guess you earn more points if you just auto-deploy - even though I defeated all of his characters in all of his zones, I still lost. The real moral of the story is: I lose. No matter what. Maybe I should just BUY my way to the top? Would it have been more forgiving? Either way LAME.

g7scrvwpz4on.png
ac

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    correct you get 90 points for placing a defensive team, even if its auto placed.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    przjvhgjm8y6.jpg
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    I wonder what went through your opponent's mind when he saw how he won.
  • Options
    Maybe take responsibility for your your own (in)actions?
    I’m not sure what you could BUY in this situation.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Options
    Yeah, and my opponent's inactions? why is he going to win? I guess I'd be better off just ignoring GA? .. OH wait! I've been playing for years ... so my roster is padded with stuff that used to be valuable, but is now useless. Therefore: I'm stuck in Div2 ... So I lose if I just auto deploy, and i lose if I don't just auto deploy.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    correct you get 90 points for placing a defensive team, even if its auto placed.

So, that's great. That's helpful.
  • Options

I could buy GL KYLO, GL REY, plus every single other thing CG dangles in front of me ... then I'd be all over GA, because I might have a shred of a chance to actually get higher than 4th place for once.
  • Options
    Zippy_3000 wrote: »

I could buy GL KYLO, GL REY, plus every single other thing CG dangles in front of me ... then I'd be all over GA, because I might have a shred of a chance to actually get higher than 4th place for once.

Not if you set one team.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Options

Not if you set one team.

Mmmkay. Thanks for the help bro. Either way, it's still (yet another) frustrating and bad design by CG. See you in the clubhouse.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Not if you set one team.

Mmmkay. Thanks for the help bro. Either way, it's still (yet another) frustrating and bad design by CG. See you in the clubhouse.

sorry what part is a bad design by them? the part that if someone doesn't place a full set of defenses they lose?
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    I'm all for an option to let people like op spend money on the game to have "an auto-deploy the other zones if I only set one" function
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    The auto-deploy algorithm should be made smarter.

But none of this is new. Defensive banners have been there since the start of GA over a year ago and auto-deploy has worked this way since it was reintroduced months ago.

Spending money would not have changed any of that.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, and my opponent's inactions? why is he going to win?

I agree, you both should have been given a loss.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    This is a pretty rare thing, but I do actually agree that all spots should be auto filled. Setting 1 team shouldn’t prevent the game from filling in the remainder.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, and my opponent's inactions? why is he going to win?

Because you deliberately set a team on defense, which prevented auto deployment.
    I guess I'd be better off just ignoring GA? .. OH wait! I've been playing for years ... so my roster is padded with stuff that used to be valuable, but is now useless.

When were your g12 zetaed Phoenix and ewok teams ever really valuable?
    Therefore: I'm stuck in Div2 ... So I lose if I just auto deploy, and i lose if I don't just auto deploy.

No, You lost because you set a single team only on defense.

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

That would still require better mods and somewhat better strategy. Alternatively, save your money, improve mods and strategy and win more often.
  • Options
    The real moral of the story is: I lose. No matter what. Maybe I should just BUY my way to the top? Would it have been more forgiving? Either way LAME.

Why not set defense?
    Do you still think you'd have lost?
    Properly, that is.
  • Zippy_3000
    110 posts Member
    Options

Not if you set one team.

sorry what part is a bad design by them? the part that if someone doesn't place a full set of defenses they lose?

That if they literally do nothing, they win - even though i participated, and defeated all of their teams.
  • Zippy_3000
    110 posts Member
    Options
    Waqui wrote: »

Actually, it would be more accurate to say: He won, because he did nothing.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Not if you set one team.

That if they literally do nothing, they win - even though i participated, and defeated all of their teams.

Can I ask how you would feel if someone set one team on defense against you, and then saved all their best toons for offense and won because you couldn't attack, does that sounds good?

because changing the point structure to make that possible is the only way you could have won since you didn't set all the defenses.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

thats not accurate at all. if you had fully participated in the first phase of the match, you would have won. you didn't. it was an unfortunate mistake on your part.
  • Zippy_3000
    110 posts Member
    Options

Not if you set one team.

Can I ask how you would feel if someone set one team on defense against you, and then saved all their best toons for offense and won because you couldn't attack, does that sounds good?

because changing the point structure to make that possible is the only way you could have won since you didn't set all the defenses.

If I didn't do anything, at all, and they won, I think that would be fair. The fact my opponent literally did NOTHING and I completely wiped them out is the problem. I can't make this any clearer.

• Zippy_3000
    110 posts Member
    Options

thats not accurate at all. if you had fully participated in the first phase of the match, you would have won. you didn't. it was an unfortunate mistake on your part.

And he didn't "fully particpate" (actually, he didn't participate AT ALL) in the entire second phase. Actually, he didn't participate at all in the first phase either. He let the game auto depoy.

So actually, *I* participated more than he did.
  • littleMAC77
    2397 posts Member
    Options
    Its a good thing this mode isn't about giving out participation trophies then
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Zippy_3000
    110 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm penalized for "not participating enough" ... while he is rewarded for not doing anything.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Not if you set one team.

If I didn't do anything, at all, and they won, I think that would be fair. The fact my opponent literally did NOTHING and I completely wiped them out is the problem. I can't make this any clearer.

unfortunately your mistake cost you the win. that cannot be any clearer either. its a simple scoring system, if you do not set a full defense you cannot win. yes your opponent had an auto set defense.

would you prefer they adjusted the points to make not setting a defense a strategy? and on top of that brought back the non auto defense so you could run into an opponents where you lose overall points and feats?
  • littleMAC77
    2397 posts Member
    Options
    ZAP wrote: »
    Its a good thing this mode isn't about giving out participation trophies then

In this outlier case it sounds like they give out non-participation trophies.

It does seem odd

But did the opponent actually benefit? I thought they changed it so that people who do not participate in a round get no rewards?

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/211725/grand-arena-championship-update
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q