This GAS counter really isn't a big deal

Prev13
jawa7778
283 posts Member
I've seen the videos on it and seen that the devs are investigating. I don't understand what the big deal is. This entire counter is based on the contingent that SLKR is in the leader slot. His leadership ability isn't even that good. If Hux is in the leadership, the undersized GAS counter no longer works. Hux lead blocks enemy counterattacks and his special blocks bonus TM. GAS is just a sitting duck then once he can't counter attack or gain bonus TM. SLKR can just stun lock him since SKLR is much faster and GAS can't gain bonus TM. So, I really don't get why people are concerned about this, just put Hux in the leadership spot....

Replies

• Akenno
    538 posts Member
    Options
    Just buff Kylo. I like it more than putting Hux in the Leader Slot. :)
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Because it's the newest shiny toy and it needs to win against everything even in the hands of a trained monkey, damnit! No workarounds, just mash buttons until the enemy dies.
  • Options
    Hux is a terrible lead and under hux the team is beatable by gas full squad with ease, even by other teams with ease. It definitely needs looking at, for the investment that kylo cost to be losing that easily is not right
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Hux is a terrible lead and under hux the team is beatable by gas full squad with ease, even by other teams with ease. It definitely needs looking at, for the investment that kylo cost to be losing that easily is not right

And what would you consider "right"? Being unbeatable except by mirror or Rey?
  • dogwelder79
    1501 posts Member
    Options
    People ask for diversity, but at the same they ask for their favorite team to be unbeatable.
  • Options
    @Nauros please highlight where I wanted it to be unbeatable? You see Rey beat gas with jawas, I’d expect some kind of parity in relation to their strength. Shouldn’t be beat by a 2 man squad which majority of the player base has at r7.
  • Scrybe
    25 posts Member
    Options
    I think its completely fair to have this fixed.

I'll preface this by saying - I don't have either GL, but I do have GAS.

A full relic, maxed out GL with a team behind him should not lose to a 2man squad. The barrier to entry for these GLs is so high and enduring that they shouldn't be just trampled by a short man team from the previous meta.

As it stands, a full 501st GAS squad still beats regular SLKR squads with some success. We shouldn't be able to do it easier with a 2man squad. I would be incredibly peeved if dozen characters that I reliced leading to the new all-powerful unit was shortmanned by the prior meta. I have no problem with a full GAS squad taking on GLs, but a 2-man squad shouldn't stand a hope.
    Check out my content on YouTube...search for Scrybe Gaming!
  • Scrybe
    25 posts Member
    Options
    Zanir wrote: »
    I like how the dev post mentions squads that are "undersized or lower investment"

I'm pretty sure they're taking about gear investment here, not cash investment.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Scrybe wrote: »
    I like how the dev post mentions squads that are "undersized or lower investment"

Look at the gear investment needed to complete GAS event. It's not low.
  • TVF
    36630 posts Member
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »

Compared to the team it is beating, yes it is. And no one should be surprised at this, this is always how it is. People pay for the meta for a reason, and it's not so they can be dropped by a cheese team.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Scrybe
    25 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Options

As TVF has stated above...I'm not discounting the investment needed for GAS - I have a full R7 501st squad, I know the investment - but compare that to taking 13 characters to relics, and then the FURTHER ridiculous gear and zeta investment and energy investment (tickets) required for GLs, its not even close.
  • Ultra
    11531 posts Moderator
    Options

Event requirements and Squad requirements are both low compared to Galactic Legend SLKR,

You can beat a full r7 FO SLKR squads with a r7 GAS + g1 501st Clone Troooper

Gear investment to complete the event is ten toons at 17.7k power compared to GL Kylo that ranges from 25k average power minimum for entry, you also need r7 Kylo on top of this for the ultimate
  • Beoccalt
    30 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    The cheese teams don't hold though...

There are many others and they are OK:
    IG88,GG vs DRevvan
    Q Nest (HYoda) vs Padme

So, is this more about protecting your Arena Payouts from snipers not obedient to shard chat?

Editing in some math:
    500gems × 30 per month is 15,000 is saving you from spending $140 CAD per month. That's 24 times per day.
    Even 3rd gets 12,000 per month.
    I could understand why loosing that is so big!
    You'd need to spend about $1,700 per year to recover that gem advantage.
  • TVF
    36630 posts Member
    Options
    Beoccalt wrote: »

IG88,GG vs DRevvan
    Q Nest (HYoda) vs Padme

So, is this more about protecting your Arena Payouts from snipers no obedient to shard chat?

Well yeah, for people that invested time and/or money to obtain the newest exclusive toons, they generally expect a good ROI. And you better believe CG understands that.
  • Ally
    47 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    @CG_SBCrumb So im also going to assume your going to nerf Rey + RH Finn and Rey + jawas beating a full SLKR team since that it also "undersized or lower investment" compared to the team its beating?

I thought not.

CG against showing their inconsistency in applying their "rules". Its something that can be countered pretty easily with the composition of the team, thats just like preparing for any GA match and looking out for leaving teams that can be beaten with the known counters.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »

Event requirements and Squad requirements are both low compared to Galactic Legend SLKR,

You can beat a full r7 FO SLKR squads with a r7 GAS + g1 501st Clone Troooper

Gear investment to complete the event is ten toons at 17.7k power compared to GL Kylo that ranges from 25k average power minimum for entry, you also need r7 Kylo on top of this for the ultimate

It's still arguably more than a full team without an epic character, so why is it an issue that the team isn't full? Heck, it's more resource-intensive than the GG counter to DR, and that one was kept in place.
    Besides, if you look at it strictly from resource standpoint, the GLs shouldn't be countered by anything. Is this really what you want? Because any non-GL team will require a fraction of the investment needed for GLs.
  • Jakdnels
    787 posts Member
    Options
    I can appreciate the need to address cheese teams, but saying the GL requirements are directly proportional to what it should take to beat them is a poor argument in my opinion. It reduces the end game to mirror matches or GLKylo vs GLRey. How boring. Other legit teams with synergy and similar relic levels should be able to win vs AI GL characters with some amount of regularity.
  • TVF
    36630 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    Other legit teams with synergy and similar relic levels should be able to win vs AI GL characters with some amount of regularity.

Again, this is not what people invest in the meta for.
  • Jakdnels
    787 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Other legit teams with synergy and similar relic levels should be able to win vs AI GL characters with some amount of regularity.

People make bad investments all the time.
  • taquillasun
    1158 posts Member
    Options
    So if I beat you R7 GAS team with just DR and HK47, consistently - That isn't a problem? You'd be crying to the high heavens.
  • GroovieR
    26 posts Member
    Options
    It's so pathetic that CG acts so fast (and takes the time to write something for the community to see) when a "funny" interaction appears (that actually makes the game more fun and enjoyable) but when we ask for sandbox/ meta-diversity/ OR JUST TO KEEP THEIR PROMISES TO THE COMMUNITY they only play deaf.
  • taquillasun
    1158 posts Member
    Options
    GroovieR wrote: »
    It's so pathetic that CG acts so fast (and takes the time to write something for the community to see) when a "funny" interaction appears (that actually makes the game more fun and enjoyable) but when we ask for sandbox/ meta-diversity/ OR JUST TO KEEP THEIR PROMISES TO THE COMMUNITY they only play deaf.

May I ask, do you have supreme leader Kylo Ren?

Do you have GAS team?

My guess is no to the former and yes to the latter.

Seems like you are basing if something is good or not depending if you have said characters.
  • littleMAC77
    2397 posts Member
    Options
    So if I beat you R7 GAS team with just DR and HK47, consistently - That isn't a problem? You'd be crying to the high heavens.

This right here. Take it a step further:
    R7 DR and malak losing to JKR and Jolee
    JKR losing to Traya and sion
    Traya sith losing to JTR and Finn

In any of those situations people would have complained quite loudly
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • jawa7778
    283 posts Member
    Options
    Hux is the best FO lead in the game right now. In addition, he would stop this specific counter.
  • taquillasun
    1158 posts Member
    Options
    jawa7778 wrote: »
    Hux is the best FO lead in the game right now. In addition, he would stop this specific counter.

I don't think Hux is the best lead for FO in all game plays. There are advantages with each. And disadvantages.

The heart of the matter is, this interaction shouldn't be taking place. As unbias as I can look at it.
  • TVF
    36630 posts Member
    Options

Irrelevant. CG wants people to invest.
  • Jakdnels
    787 posts Member
    Options

Irrelevant. CG wants people to invest.

Source?

I kid. Of course CG wants people to pay money into their game. But CG makes poor decisions/products too, just like everyone... they're people. They want you to invest, but sometimes the quality of the product they produce isn't up to the cost. So if the collective 'you' have made a poor investment, that's on you. Maybe CG decides to bow to complaints of high spenders/hoarders, maybe they don't.
  • Ultra
    11531 posts Moderator
    Options
    Beoccalt wrote: »

IG88,GG vs DRevvan
    Q Nest (HYoda) vs Padme

So, is this more about protecting your Arena Payouts from snipers not obedient to shard chat?

Editing in some math:
    500gems × 30 per month is 15,000 is saving you from spending $140 CAD per month. That's 24 times per day.
    Even 3rd gets 12,000 per month.
    I could understand why loosing that is so big!
    You'd need to spend about $1,700 per year to recover that gem advantage.

It has nothing to do with shard chat

You paid premium for a toon that takes first place during your payout and then sits at #64 overnight because everyone in the top 100 has GAS and can knock you down and then quickly switch to a full 501st squad

Also in arena you can sub in Malak so it’s not a big issue

The other issue is Grand Arena Championship where you can get 59 banners using 2 toons and still have an incredibly strong Shaak Ti + Clones team

Players going against SLKR teams aren’t having any problems taking him down since they can use one team into two teams

You can get 19 banners in TW - both places where it’s better to keep SLKR with full FO for many reasons
  • Beoccalt
    30 posts Member
    Options

This right here. Take it a step further:
    R7 DR and malak losing to JKR and Jolee
    JKR losing to Traya and sion
    Traya sith losing to JTR and Finn

In any of those situations people would have complained quite loudly

R7 Nest released summer 2018 on a Fleet Hard Node can nearly solo [+/- Q(L) Farmboy(L) or Hermit] an R7 full Padme team released 2019.
    This is the way...