Ahnalds account [MERGE]

Replies

• BVH3030
    67 posts Member
    Options
    Just throwing this one out there, the EA terms of service everyone seems to be saying is so wonderfully applied here states "In the case of severe violations [of the terms of service], EA may take actions without issuing a prior warning. Some examples of severe violations include, but are not limited to: promoting, encouraging or engaging in hacking..." Apparently they don't even read their own TOS and instead negotiate with those that violate with "severe violations".
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    yankeeh8er wrote: »
    Is CG going to ban all the people that use modding services, since that is also account sharing?

I hope so

By the way the TOS is written, my account should be banned because on long trips to my wife’s family, while I drove, she would log into my account and play for me. That would warrant a ban.

She would even collect and spend the energy refreshes while I would be out coaching cross country and track meets. I wasn’t available to play.

If they want to ban all people that break the TOS then they might as well close the game.
  • marxuke
    163 posts Member
    Options
    GJO wrote: »
    VaderB1 wrote: »
    Boomer8800 wrote: »
    Everyone knows where the door is in this game, but how many will actually walk through it? **** and moan but at the end of the day if a new OP toon comes out, so do the wallets and panic farming.
    He personally didn't get banned just ONE of his accounts did.

just gonna reply with LOL to all these apologists posts. He has visual proof that EA negotiates with cheaters who spend and still you aplogize for CG

The visual proof.... hmmm... oh you mean in that video he posted today where he says he will now whale twice as hard on the characters he whaled out on the banned account on toons he doesn't have at 7 stars or g13 on his original account and keep playing, promoting the game, and he won't ask for a refund?

And i'm the apologist and the bootlicker

Logic checks out

Is there a thread where we can't find you? That would be a good thread. :smile:

Lol thats my dream too :D
  • Adoy_IdeJ
    310 posts Member
    Options
    Is CG going to ban all the people that use modding services, since that is also account sharing?

I hope so

Better not use any discord apps either then ;)
  • CirdanTS
    39 posts Member
    Options
    I think this will have more backlash than the Malak shard debacle
  • Rigbus
    3 posts Member
    Options
    #standwithahnald
  • Options
    Rigbus wrote: »
    #standwithahnald

+1
  • Firefox54
    73 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Really ... you ban Ahnald's shared account that he uses to develop content to promote the game? I understand that technically this is against TOS, but clearly he is not creating significant harm to the game (like the cheaters that were negotiated with) ... rather he is keeping a community together to play a game that hasn't had significant content addition in quite some time (excluding the GL's that generated a significant amount of backlash ... from pretty much everyone, not just content creators). For me, if creators like Ahnald and MobileGamer were gone, it wouldn't be long until I was gone ... I find them entertaining and they keep my interest in the game during this time of limited improvement in the game.

CG ... you either need to then clear out everyone doing the account sharing ... get rid of the tools that 'share' (which I don't use, but ****, those would probably tools I should be using because in game mod management sucks) ... and then perma-ban the cheaters that you negotiated with ... once you do that, just close the game because people will start leaving in droves.

Un-ban Ahnald's alt account ... let him do what benefits CG ... keeping people interested in SWGOH. He is, quite honestly, your biggest positive marketing tool right now ... and you pay him nothing ... and, oh yeah, please provide a written apology for targeting Ahnald
  • Rex76
    26 posts Member
    Options
    Rex76 wrote: »
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    Shame on you CG. This is a direct attack on this community, this game, the content creators and most importantly Arnold. He is a role model to many so many people. Please fix this.

Role model?!? Lmao

You mean that you aren't currently dressed as a Grand Admiral?

Lmao

CG burner account! Omg!

Who?
  • Options
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    Shame on you CG. This is a direct attack on this community, this game, the content creators and most importantly Arnold. He is a role model to many so many people. Please fix this.

Role model?!? Lmao

You mean that you aren't currently dressed as a Grand Admiral?

Lmao

CG burner account! Omg!

Who?

The guy I quoted.
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • Options

I hope so

And why is that?
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • botabu
    246 posts Member
    Options
    I can’t even begin to imagine how many of the pro CG posts here are burner accounts for CG employees.
  • Kechwa
    1 posts Member
    Options
    I have heard the terrors of CG and it wasn't until now that I got to witness their terrible actions first hand. With a struggling game with no communication or output from development, CG has nothing left but the content creators. This was a big mistake for CG.
  • Akenno
    538 posts Member
    Options
    It all depends upon the road ahead... If this isn't good, the game will die.
    The community will split apart and die off if nothing will change in the current quarter / upcoming quarter.

This whole topic makes me sad. Sure it is against the TOS but they should be updated. Why can cheaters negotiate and others not? Why is account sharing such a deal in general?
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    Options
    Protecting the cheaters IS NOT ON.

What’s the point of most of us playing the game fair and square if you let cheaters get away with it after a pathetic one week ban of their own choosing.
  • Options
    It’s to bad they released this new ship before his ban happened, since he showed the legitimacy of it, then I spent crystals on refreshes to get it. Wouldn’t have done it without seeing it in action first, so keep shooting yourself in the foot CG, pretty smart.

Look, I’ve played a bunch of games, account sharing is part of the terms of service in most games, yet it’s pretty common practice. And who really cares? What advantage does it give anybody to share the account? You still have restrictions on how much you can refresh and do a day, there isn’t a live pvp game mode to gain advantage in, it’s a pretty minimal negative impact.

But you allow people that do gain an unfair advantage and take money out of the studios pocket to keep playing and say “oh buddy, this is your chance, don’t do it again ;)”. It’s ignorant, and honestly I haven’t been a patron of a company this ignorant ever in my life.

I have no idea how you guys got lucky enough to get a Star Wars IP, if it wasn’t for that and the fact I get to play this game with my brother as a way to stay in contact with him I would have deleted this right after I downloaded the game.
  • QuickGoneJim
    192 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options

I hope so

Why?

Edit: There is do much material available about how to mod characters. There are bots and videos. What is so bad about having someone follow these guides for me instead of doing it myself? It saves time in a game that is tailored to people who invest a lot of time. A huge amount of time! Available time is almost as decisive as available money in order to progress.
  • Options
    CG’s decision to ban his account was a poor financial decision. My sons and I started playing because of Ahnald, we strategize together, we find his videos highly entertaining, and always look forward to the next one. It would appear CG Senior Leadership does not understand the concept or effects of social media.

“I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples.”
    — Mother Teresa
  • Mirkraag
    509 posts Member
    Options
    Please @Ultra as you are ALWAYS willing to please and find excuses for CG despicable behavior, enlight us with the reason why CG perma ban anhaldt account for sharing and on the opposite bargain with an obvious cheater but that have spend money ?

Please explain why, CG is right in this situation. Why it is not a pathetic move ?
  • TayloRen
    121 posts Member
    Options

I hope so

By the way the TOS is written, my account should be banned because on long trips to my wife’s family, while I drove, she would log into my account and play for me. That would warrant a ban.

She would even collect and spend the energy refreshes while I would be out coaching cross country and track meets. I wasn’t available to play.

If they want to ban all people that break the TOS then they might as well close the game.

Such a good point. I wonder if any of the apologists will defend that. It's a stupid policy.
  • Ultra
    11592 posts Moderator
    edited June 2020
    Options

I hope so

And why is that?
    account sharing... we just covered this

keep up, buddy
  • Joebo720
    654 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I know people are angry but probably best to try to stay positive and site things that Anhald did to help better your experience. No need to bicker with other posters or use profanity.

Really should be an eye opener for CG. Took the LS GB "Mega" thread to get to 26 pages in 6 months. This thread will be there in 24 hours.

He definitely has led me to make some purchases over the last few months after seeing what characters are capable of at certain levels. And i am sure i am not the only one.

The whole cutting deals with cheaters to me is baffling. Don't even know how to discuss that topic.
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    Options
    Joebo720 wrote: »
    The whole cutting deals with cheaters to me is baffling. Don't even know how to discuss that topic.

You can’t even start this topic in a new thread as they are going to delete it.

This comment would probably get deleted.

• Options
    Selective enforcement of the terms of service is never good for the health of a game. This move, along with everything else going on in the game, displays utter contempt for the SWGOH community from the development team. CG, you may want to recall who is providing the funding for your paychecks. Keep this up and we may find that your are #toexpensive.
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    Options

I hope so

And why is that?
    account sharing... we just covered this

keep up, buddy

Perhaps if CG fixed the nightmare that is mod management, people wouldn’t have to use a third party service.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • Options
    Joined the forum literally just to make a post on this as it seems to be one of the ONLY places CG actually look at.

Been playing the game since 2017 and will freely admit to not being a big spender, very much FTP with the exception of the odd packs here and there.

Without the helpful insights freely given by content creators for this game, there is absolutely zero chance I would have unlocked GAS at this last run out. The event itself is very poorly designed with a huge reliance on RNG - or blindly throwing cash on upgrades for your toons until the game throws you a bone.

I owe a lot of my progress and enjoyment in the game to the dedicated content creators who contribute to the community of the game - and this move by CG on the largest of them tastes very bitter.

Capital Games will not get a single penny from me for this game or any game of theirs in the future.