Ahnalds account [MERGE]

Replies

• VaderB1
    146 posts Member
    Options
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    This says it all....
    10x the down votes as up votes and then you just glance down to see the number that saw ahnalds coverage.... lol

2o8nxjufs599.jpg

That about sums it up doesn't it?

Ahnold's video has thousands of more views then the video EA put out, an there are over 7,000 dislikes.

It's time for SWGOH...

To end
  • Options
    u94yver3tbro.jpeg
  • Options
    They don’t have to say anything just add him to game
  • Options
    @ShaggyB - his video was also released about an Hour AFTER the trailer dropped and it had almost 30k more views too.

But yet on reddit I was called a freak by supporting Ahnald and the community...
    I don’t care how popular my meme is- I mainly use reddit to read and keep up with information...

sjccsz1rho4d.jpeg
  • Darion
    75 posts Member
    Options
    I'm confused as to how him buying an account from someone and then spending money in the game on said account, is so evil and worse than people actually cheating at the game.

Also, I've read some comments that mentioned "warnings" for account transfers. What does that even mean? You get a warning that says something to the effect of "you broke TOS by obtaining this account and if you obtain this account again we will punish you"? Is that what that means? Do they somehow take the account back from them at that point?

Bottom line is there in nothing wrong with account sharing, transferring, selling, buying, gifting, etc. Any money that was ever spent in that account is still in SWGOH's pockets. It isn't like that money disappears somehow. It should not make one bit of difference as to who is in control of the account. It's not like multiple people can play with those purchases at the same time.

The cheating is what the focus should be on, and they should just abolish this account transfer TOS stuff completely. It doesn't make any sense in an equitable fashion.

I think we pretty much all agree the apk cheating stuff is ridiculous and CG shouldn’t be making exceptions for people and should be focusing on that more.

That said, the biggest reason CG cares about account transfer Is because there is a lot of fraud and theft there. If they allowed account transfers they could then be potentially held liable if they go wrong. By making them against the rules they wash their hands of any issues there.

And of course money. It’s more expensive to build up a new account than buy and existing one.

@Bulldog1205 I ultimately agree with most of what you have said about this controversy but what I am curious on is if you are aware of any of the mentioned statements that cubs and I believe ahnaldt alluded to, specifically the friendly relationship some of the "pay to mod your account" service providers have with devs?

I feel like it's still a situation of cops caught me speeding but the guy next to me ran a red. but I think this does give him a leg to stand on about being targeted.

Sorry it's worded funny but ultimately im curious if you can lend any validity to the modders comments (and IF TRUE) Isn't knowing blatantly who is providing these services akin to ahnaldt sending in a big report?
  • Options
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    GroovieR wrote: »
    You can express your feelings right here with a simple click and comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaiZuVtBcSE&feature=youtu.be

Well atleast we can down vote this video.

That worked for battlefront 2. Thanks CG maybe a massive "shame" chant via the negative button will get EA's attention

This video had 600 likes and almost 7,000 dislikes... so bad EA unlisted the video on their EA Star Wars channel within 24 hours of releasing it... even if the devs dont respond on their official forum or on reddit or anywhere the playerbase is being heard.

100%
    Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    yankeeh8er wrote: »
    It s time to close this topic. This gets boring. I dont think that Arnold is the white knight and CG is the black duck like he tries to make everyone believe anyway. Bunch of stuff he said he knew long time ago but he just decided to say that in a video just when his account got banned. Why he didnt say that before

He didn't release the info about lucifers daddy negotiating with cheaters before, because he was trying to work with cg. If he just puts that out randomly one day cg would have been after him even more then they already were. Once they banned his test account all pretenses of them working together were gone and their was no longer a reason for him to sit on that info.

He was trying to work with cg...as in he would hide it otherwise? What else does he know being a central figure who would hear everything happening, but will keep as trump card as long as it doesn't touch him?
  • Options
    I think it’s time we sink all of CG’s games. Not just this one, they obviously don’t care. All of their games and especially their next big launch. Which I see the launch going into the regardless. Just not willing to stop now. Screw CG!!! Just a thought. Lol
  • Options
    Darion wrote: »
    I'm confused as to how him buying an account from someone and then spending money in the game on said account, is so evil and worse than people actually cheating at the game.

Also, I've read some comments that mentioned "warnings" for account transfers. What does that even mean? You get a warning that says something to the effect of "you broke TOS by obtaining this account and if you obtain this account again we will punish you"? Is that what that means? Do they somehow take the account back from them at that point?

Bottom line is there in nothing wrong with account sharing, transferring, selling, buying, gifting, etc. Any money that was ever spent in that account is still in SWGOH's pockets. It isn't like that money disappears somehow. It should not make one bit of difference as to who is in control of the account. It's not like multiple people can play with those purchases at the same time.

The cheating is what the focus should be on, and they should just abolish this account transfer TOS stuff completely. It doesn't make any sense in an equitable fashion.

I think we pretty much all agree the apk cheating stuff is ridiculous and CG shouldn’t be making exceptions for people and should be focusing on that more.

That said, the biggest reason CG cares about account transfer Is because there is a lot of fraud and theft there. If they allowed account transfers they could then be potentially held liable if they go wrong. By making them against the rules they wash their hands of any issues there.

And of course money. It’s more expensive to build up a new account than buy and existing one.

@Bulldog1205 I ultimately agree with most of what you have said about this controversy but what I am curious on is if you are aware of any of the mentioned statements that cubs and I believe ahnaldt alluded to, specifically the friendly relationship some of the "pay to mod your account" service providers have with devs?

I feel like it's still a situation of cops caught me speeding but the guy next to me ran a red. but I think this does give him a leg to stand on about being targeted.

Sorry it's worded funny but ultimately im curious if you can lend any validity to the modders comments (and IF TRUE) Isn't knowing blatantly who is providing these services akin to ahnaldt sending in a big report?

Owner transfer of an account and allowing someone else to login to your account are just viewed as two completely different things. Maybe that’s because one takes money from them directly and another doesn’t, I don’t know.

I doubt anyone would get banned even if they self reported using or offering those services (my speculation). Not all tos violations get any action from CG. I know someone who self reported the use of an auto program to open packs. That is explicitly against the tos. CG didn’t punish them. They don’t care about it. They do care about account transfers. Just not enough to go hunt people down for them.
  • Options
    It s time to close this topic. This gets boring. I dont think that Arnold is the white knight and CG is the black duck like he tries to make everyone believe anyway. Bunch of stuff he said he knew long time ago but he just decided to say that in a video just when his account got banned. Why he didnt say that before

He didn't release the info about lucifers daddy negotiating with cheaters before, because he was trying to work with cg. If he just puts that out randomly one day cg would have been after him even more then they already were. Once they banned his test account all pretenses of them working together were gone and their was no longer a reason for him to sit on that info.

That’s just false. That info was already public. I released it in a video 2 weeks prior when that account popped back up from a 5 month ban.
  • Options
    Well that's it CG, you got me.

Out- for good.

You're an absolute disgrace of a games studio.

And I genuinely think that you still don't know why.

Your loss.

• Options

Owner transfer of an account and allowing someone else to login to your account are just viewed as two completely different things. Maybe that’s because one takes money from them directly and another doesn’t, I don’t know.

I doubt anyone would get banned even if they self reported using or offering those services (my speculation). Not all tos violations get any action from CG. I know someone who self reported the use of an auto program to open packs. That is explicitly against the tos. CG didn’t punish them. They don’t care about it. They do care about account transfers. Just not enough to go hunt people down for them.

It would be nice if CG made a comment like this. Everything you say makes sense but it should be coming from them not you.
  • Options
    Don't know what the problem is. His videos don't count towards 90% of gamers anyway from what I've seen as every video seems to be Relic 7 characters.
  • Wrathe
    205 posts Member
    Options
    Wrathe wrote: »
    * Clarify their position on HotUtils Mod services, as currently designed, violates the TOS. No violations prior to 7/1/2020 will be enforced.
    * Announce the creation of a Mod API for 3rd party developers.
    These two seem related. And while I get behind your annoyance of a lack of an API for developers which has led to a middleman economy, this is not HotsΔuce's fault, he was not the first to provide these services (which are very useful to the community), and - to be completely frank - all the information you need to do what he did can be found online. And the man does good work.

To be 100% clear - I do not know HotsΔuce, I am not on the development team of - nor do I profit from - any of those Patreon-based API services, and I will not give any more details about my last comment. Just playing devil's advocate. That whole situation exists because CG do not have a documented API which is completely shortsighted. Valve realized where things were headed with Half Life 2 over 15 years ago. Then again, this is a company who decided to shut down one of their biggest free promoters when they banned Ahnald's account under the guise of TOS so shrugguy.

Oh I have nothing against HotUtils / Hotsauce or whatever. I'm sure the utility is amazing as managing mods is really a nightmare.

They have to acknowledge it's against the TOS though due to account sharing. The only reason I think they need to clarify it's against the TOS is because Carrie Tweeted once that kinda came off as endorsing it, which sent mixed messages. That's why I suggested they not enforce for violations prior to 7/1/2020. It's an amnesty of sorts because of that mixed message.

Then because they would acknowledge the need for outside Mod management, creating the API would give us a legit way that isn't a TOS violation to accommodate what HotUtils does today. They could even collaborate w/ HotSauce on the API's design to ensure it's fully functional.

Doing that would allow them to clearly enforce the TOS AND help the community w/ legal mod management.
    Win/Win.
  • Cryptotic
    10 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Mark Dickenson has failed at everything he has set out to do since his promotion. IMO he should be fired. It's not that I dont want him to feed himself or his family but at the end of the day you will get fired from every job if you fail to do it correctly and are intentionally malicious. While the studio did have its problems before his promotion all he did was make every aspect of the game infinitely worse by taking the position.
  • Options
    Not spending anymore money on this game until you make it right ahnaldt101
  • Options
    Vi1teran_ wrote: »

It would be nice if CG made a comment like this. Everything you say makes sense but it should be coming from them not you.

It would be nice to hear it, but from a legal standpoint they probably can’t say that.
  • KM1
    145 posts Member
    Options
    Still no comment on negotiation with cheaters? Still no comment from CG on inconsistent application of TOS? Case study in poor customer service.
  • Options

That’s just false. That info was already public. I released it in a video 2 weeks prior when that account popped back up from a 5 month ban.

Public or not anhald decided to shine a light on it only after his test account was banned.
  • KM1
    145 posts Member
    Options

Public or not anhald decided to shine a light on it only after his test account was banned.

Yes, but the issue is not about whether Ahnald was "selfish" or "selfless". The issue is CG is negotiating with cheaters, allowing them to choose when their ban starts too! The issue is also the inconsistently applied TOS. Inconsistent justice is no justice at all!
  • Options
    KM1 wrote: »

Yes, but the issue is not about whether Ahnald was "selfish" or "selfless". The issue is CG is negotiating with cheaters, allowing them to choose when their ban starts too! The issue is also the inconsistently applied TOS. Inconsistent justice is no justice at all!

I agree with you 100% I was just replying to bulldog calling my post false.