Ahnalds account [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Bump
    Because using the weekend along with a puzzle and jedi luke to try and jedi mind trick this away instead of dealing with it is wrong

What’s wrong?

Why is wrong?.....

🤯
  • Options
    😂😂 yeah it’ll get bumped on Monday when people start opening up their wallets to prepare for Luke and Ahnald’s sheep will lose their mind because they realize that nothing they did made any difference

They might also lose their mind when they learn that Ahnald has been hitting TW and Arena during the boycott.
  • Options
    ZAP wrote: »
    😂😂 yeah it’ll get bumped on Monday when people start opening up their wallets to prepare for Luke and Ahnald’s sheep will lose their mind because they realize that nothing they did made any difference

They might also lose their mind when they learn that Ahnald has been hitting TW and Arena during the boycott.

I only watched 3 of his videos and he said he wasn’t spending, not that he was boycotting. Did he say he was boycotting in another video?
    I don’t watch his videos. People have been trying to instigate a boycott on his behalf. I wonder if many of them know he himself is not observing it.

To be honest, most of them don’t even know it wasn’t his main account that was banned, so that seems a stretch.
  • TVF
    36638 posts Member
    Options
    ZAP wrote: »

I only watched 3 of his videos and he said he wasn’t spending, not that he was boycotting. Did he say he was boycotting in another video?

If I were boycotting to support someone, I'd feel pretty dumb for doing so when I found out he didn't bother to also do it, whether he said he would or not.

Just kidding, I'd feel dumb for boycotting regardless.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Tanzos2
    17 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    @Bulldog1205

I have question for you:

I've watched your videos on your thoughts about the situation and you have a unique perspective given your history in the matter with CG.

You said that after your own debacle with CG you were again banned because you used a transfer account after people reported you playing the game again after your initial ban. CG then replied to you stating that:

"We don't look for transfer accounts to ban, but if they come to us we will ban them."

That makes A LOT of sense, and your approach on the matter stems from not treating Ahnald differently than they treated you. Therefore you agree with the ban.

But the question I ask is, is there a chance that both you and Ahnald were treated differently because of your histories than say a random person like me?

You did cause an outrage with the cheating tools and Ahnald has his own criticisms of CG, I find it equally possible that CG banned you (again) and Ahnald as a way of bullying the critics just as much as they're sticking to their "guidelines"
  • Options
    Tanzos2 wrote: »
    @Bulldog1205

I have question for you:

I've watched your videos on your thoughts about the situation and you have a unique perspective given your history in the matter with CG.

You said that after your own debacle with CG you were again banned because you used a transfer account after people reported you playing the game again after your initial ban. CG then replied to you stating that:

"We don't look for transfer accounts to ban, but if they come to us we will ban them."

That makes A LOT of sense, and your approach on the matter stems from not treating Ahnald differently than they treated you. Therefore you agree with the ban.

But the question I ask is, is there a chance that both you and Ahnald were treated differently because of your histories than say a random person like me?

You did cause an outrage with the cheating tools and Ahnald has his own criticisms of CG, I find it equally possible that CG banned you (again) and Ahnald as a way of bullying the critics just as much as they're sticking to their "guidelines"

Spot on
  • Options
    Tanzos2 wrote: »
    @Bulldog1205

I have question for you:

Possibly. But I try not to bury people for that just based on speculation. If there were cases of them somehow catering to those account transfers or ignoring indisputable cases then I would be upset about that. But also keep in mind that account transfer is frequently hard to prove. Ahnald and I couldn’t deny it because we are on our own channels admitting it.

And I’m still not exactly happy about the whole situation. I’m not defending CG’s policy, simply defending the consistency of it based on my own experiences. Anyone who follows me knows I’m not scared to bash CG, but I’m not going to be someone who just bashes them for everything regardless of what they do. I can’t be mad at them both for banning Ahnald or for not banning Ahnald, and if they didn’t ban him for the exact same thing I got banned for I absolutely would have been livid.
  • Options
    My last post got deleted so: long live the rebellion! Screw you CG!
  • JMG680
    83 posts Member
    Options
    150k Views, 2,300 comments and CG can’t even make a statement that they are working on their handling of cheaters or clarify their TOS on account sharing (i.e. mid services, bots, etc).
  • Options
    I find your lack of Ahnalds account disturbing. Shame on you CG.
  • Options
    He's not boycotting just not going to covering something he's clearly not welcome in as much
  • Options
    CG...let’s all make things right.....and move Forward. This applies to ALOT in the world right now. There are a million things I should/could be doing better. I am working on them and communicating as I go.

As to Ahnaldt101, I enjoy him! There were at least 2 if not 3 events or more that I struggled with (I am FTP and PTP) depending on my interest at the time. His insight, breakdowns and explanations based on his ability to test kept me in the game. I am nobody but was leaving at least twice but with the help of Ahnald, got through some events and gained re-born interest and faith in the game.

I am not alone. Jeff
  • Options
    nmilitello wrote: »
    I really wish ahnald would just go away forever. I can't stand him.

So if you don't like someone they should go away forever? Seems like you are part of the problem thats going on in the world right now.

Disliking an individual because you cant stand their personality is the opposite of the issues were having. Get off your soap box.
    GRANDMASTER
    NeXuSe7msb2g6cet7.jpg
  • Options
    Uoza78 wrote: »
    I find your lack of Ahnalds account disturbing. Shame on you CG.
    He’s got plenty accounts left.
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    Options
    nmilitello wrote: »
    I really wish ahnald would just go away forever. I can't stand him.

So if you don't like someone they should go away forever? Seems like you are part of the problem thats going on in the world right now.

Disliking an individual because you cant stand their personality is the opposite of the issues were having. Get off your soap box.

Nobody is forcing you to watch his videos.

Can I have my soapbox back now?
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • Options
    Tflhnd1 wrote: »
    CG...let’s all make things right.....and move Forward. This applies to ALOT in the world right now. There are a million things I should/could be doing better. I am working on them and communicating as I go.

As to Ahnaldt101, I enjoy him! There were at least 2 if not 3 events or more that I struggled with (I am FTP and PTP) depending on my interest at the time. His insight, breakdowns and explanations based on his ability to test kept me in the game. I am nobody but was leaving at least twice but with the help of Ahnald, got through some events and gained re-born interest and faith in the game.

I am not alone. Jeff

Well said Jeff,

I agree, let's move forward; by learning from the mistakes in the past.

1. The puzzle reveal for JKL was great, let's do more of that.
    2. Improve communications going forward, if you haven't released your milestones "State of The Galaxy" or "Road Ahead" then that should be a priority first and then release new characters.
    3. Zero tolerance policy on cheaters has to be upheld because what we can play in game currently (GAC/TW/TB) if populated by cheaters makes it harder for non-cheaters to win. It feels demoralizing when you knew you should have won - but didn't.
    4. Content creators are the reason that I came back to the game about 3 years ago and am still with it (and as a result they have been indirectly responsible for the money I spent when I did return.). Before the journey guide it was hard to map out how to collect the major characters, who to get first, how to progress, how to mod, ships in general, the list goes on. The content creators made all these efforts easier - don't discount the value of content creators in that regard, even if they are critical of the first 3 points above.
    5. Please review and possibly get EA to update the terms of service to include your specific game TOS because what is there doesn't seem to be specific enough. ie. Some approved or endorsed services are allowed to log into your account (modders, swgoh.gg) some aren't, and will result in a possible ban. If you do something that does result in a ban, is arbitration really an option, etc. I think just a confirmation from you that the current TOS does meet the rules that you are applying would put minds at ease.

I'm sure we can all feel a lot better about current state if even some of the above is applied.

D Cooper
  • Deell
    106 posts Member
    Options
    AnnaGrace wrote: »
    No thats is a fresh alt account he made. Not against TOS. He got another one from another player which is the one that got banned. This game ain't the only one that do punishments for account sharing/giving/selling, all kinda fall in the same category for online games that do

The problem is more that CG has selective punishment and is willing to negotiate with cheaters but permanently bans content creators for lesser offenses against the TOS. They smash the "TOS" hammer on anyone they don't like (Ahnald) while letting cheaters run rampant.

Yep
  • Options
    Crazy to drop jedi luke then go home at least they're back in the office tomorrow maybe we'll get some answers
  • Options
    What’s an Ahnald?
  • TVF
    36638 posts Member
    Options
    Crazy to drop jedi luke then go home at least they're back in the office tomorrow maybe we'll get some answers

Answers to what?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

Man i hope so. Sucks thatvthere is this pall over the game right now. Hopefully this all will push the devs to be way better towards the community and will make for a better game overall.
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Answers to what?

The only question that matters.

Whose turn is it to have the laptop?
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.