#freecrumb

13Next

Replies

• TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    I'm having trouble figuring out if this is a #freecrumb thread or bash on TVF thread. I feel clickbaited here. :(

TVF must’ve locked crumb up

I did it for the subs.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I'm having trouble figuring out if this is a #freecrumb thread or bash on TVF thread. I feel clickbaited here. :(

Pic of TVF's basement:

u2hgihfbtao4.png
    That's Mr. Oops to you!
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Options

Pic of TVF's basement:

u2hgihfbtao4.png

It’s all true!!
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    Well now I feel bad. That's why I try not to look into his cute little eyes when I'm bringing him his meal.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Well now I feel bad. That's why I try not to look into his cute little eyes when I'm bringing him his meal.

So you're fattening him up? Poor Crumb.
    That's Mr. Oops to you!
  • Zynkin
    53 posts Member
    Options
    Over 20% of my guild has quit in the past month, they all cite the lack of communication from the devs as a primary reason for quitting. They are looking for hope that the game will have new content and all they see is black soulless void from the CG communication department.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    How big is your guild.

2 people isn't a lot.
  • Options
    or why dont you let people express them selves and spend more time getting ahold of someone who matters and will help us not just delete post that u think are unworthy
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Kyno quit controlling the subject matter that pertains to Crumb Bum. It’s rather exhausting that you go to the lengths that you do to cover up what a mess “our community manager” has created since being the “community manager”. Stop with puzzles, stop with you heard this and that, and put a boot up CG bum to get us something worth logging in for.

My legs are not that long
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    or why dont you let people express them selves and spend more time getting ahold of someone who matters and will help us not just delete post that u think are unworthy

It's not hard to post within the Forum Guidelines, but some have difficulty with it. You should talk to them, not me.
  • Options
    Zynkin wrote: »
    Over 20% of my guild has quit in the past month, they all cite the lack of communication from the devs as a primary reason for quitting. They are looking for hope that the game will have new content and all they see is black soulless void from the CG communication department.

Sad to hear :/ i dont believe CG will change their communication. Quite sure they will justify or skip over this topic, copy-paste some old sentences and continue their old way. Altho that doesnt mean we should accept this kind of behavior, its just sickening.
  • Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    Options
    Zynkin wrote: »

Really? What guild are you in? You see lots of 20/30/40/50% of my guild has quit over whatever this months massive slap in the face is. I’ve yet to be in a guild (I’ve been in a fair few) where ppl have actually left because of anything other than not wanting to play the game anymore.
  • Options
    AverageTed wrote: »
    Glad this hasn't gotten creepy ye-

Oh.

Hey there. I'd appreciate a response to my post seeing as you're clearly not busy.

Seems odd that you'd ignore someone who willingly engages you and responds to your posts in good faith.

I would quit my job if I thought my employer was acting poorly or preventing me from doing my job effectively. You strongly implied to another poster that you thought such people did not exist.

I'm right here big chap. Let's talk :)

I don't believe people who make claims like this on the internet, especially when they have no basis for applying it to someone else on the internet (Crumb). There's nothing to discuss. :smile:

(also yes I am busy, just not all the time, shrug)

He is justifying his statement that Crumb should resign by saying that if he were in that position, he would too, for the reasons he mentioned. And your counter is... I dont believe you. Srsly? Cmon TVF I expect higher quality trolling
  • Options
    Crum is stuck in Carbonite.
    #freecrum
  • Karste
    39 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    As a closing statement the puzzle was awesome! So props! But the reward of what looks to be another paywall was not a consolidation, and I am not happy, and may I say disappointed with the directives of upper managements in CG.
    Post edited by Karste on
  • Options
    It's perfectly understandable and acceptable that Crumb and EA keep their communications with the community to an absolute bare minimum. In fact I'd be at a loss for how to proceed myself too if I were them, and probably end up just not reaching out. Especially seeing as literally everything EA does and says just stokes the embers further, setting off unjustified skub rage. This community is so volatile and toxic that it beggars belief, It's quite remarkable really and I've never come across anything like it in all my years of interwebbing.

Now of course I'm not saying that EA is this awesome entity or anything, it's a gigantic money-making machine, like some terrible corporate cash vampire. Most huge companies, especially in entertainment, end up this way. Which goes a long way to show what a messed up world we humans have made for ourselves, capitalism and all.

But basically you can't blame Crumb for doing anything wrong(or doing nothing at all). This community must feel pretty much impossible to deal with in most ways for EA and their community manager.

Really the swgoh community is just as rotten as EA in some ways. I don't know whether the chicken or the egg came first. And while I dislike EA for several reasons, the absence of communication is not one of them.

• Karste
    39 posts Member
    Options
    It's perfectly understandable and acceptable that Crumb and EA keep their communications with the community to an absolute bare minimum. In fact I'd be at a loss for how to proceed myself too if I were them, and probably end up just not reaching out. Especially seeing as literally everything EA does and says just stokes the embers further, setting off unjustified skub rage. This community is so volatile and toxic that it beggars belief, It's quite remarkable really and I've never come across anything like it in all my years of interwebbing.

Now of course I'm not saying that EA is this awesome entity or anything, it's a gigantic money-making machine, like some terrible corporate cash vampire. Most huge companies, especially in entertainment, end up this way. Which goes a long way to show what a messed up world we humans have made for ourselves, capitalism and all.

But basically you can't blame Crumb for doing anything wrong(or doing nothing at all). This community must feel pretty much impossible to deal with in most ways for EA and their community manager.

Really the swgoh community is just as rotten as EA in some ways. I don't know whether the chicken or the egg came first. And while I dislike EA for several reasons, the absence of communication is not one of them.

I can tell you have a lot of deep feeling about this issue ^_^; and I agree that no one should give Crumb too much grief, the direction of the game as a whole and overall communication however I think has made the community this way. And maybe SW fans are a bit of a wretched hive of scum and villainy, but either way, the give and take is imbalanced atm. The monstrous rising paywalls are no joke, we have open bugs, this isn't the first petty ban on a creator, just the most visible; all while is negotiating with cheaters has occured, and overall there truly has not been a significant advance in playable content... with all this, the decency to address us seems contrary to your first sentence, rather unacceptable behavior from CG...
  • MightyWizard
    872 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Oh believe me there are no deep feelings on my part. In fact, lack of hard feelings one way or the other is what allows one to make sober observations on stuff like this. When a person gives in to the skub, he becomes blind to everything else. And so, you end up with pure internet chaos. All nonsense and one-sided views. Most of the frantic people who piously peddle skub and nonsense here and on reddit never once realize that they are in fact also the problem, in equal parts as much as EA.

And if you happen to be a reasonable person, then you can all but forget about making valid complaints or raising attention to actual issues. It gets completely and utterly lost in the chaos. And the people in charge, EA in this case, naturally turn a deaf ear.
  • Karste
    39 posts Member
    Options
    Oh believe me there are no deep feelings on my part. In fact, lack of hard feelings one way or the other is what allows one to make sober observations on stuff like this. When a person gives in to the skub, he becomes blind to everything else. And so, you end up with pure internet chaos. All nonsense and one-sided views. Most of the frantic people who piously peddle skub and nonsense here and on reddit never once realize that they are in fact also the problem, in equal parts as much as EA.

And if you happen to be a reasonable person, then you can all but forget about making valid complaints or raising attention to actual issues. It gets completely and utterly lost in the chaos. And the people in charge, EA in this case, naturally turn a deaf ear.

I think all it takes is a reasonable sensible, and perhaps even a bit sensitive person over in CG to see the best of the problem, and make some positive changes: chat us up about the things they want to do, give us some excitement, let us know we are heard, do add some good non paywall content, stop pandering to cheaters, not use TOS to crackdown on people who work for and not against the community, and we'll be back to petty complaints instead of community meltdowns. And I for one will fade away into contented silence.
  • Options
    Karste wrote: »

I think all it takes is a reasonable sensible, and perhaps even a bit sensitive person over in CG to see the best of the problem, and make some positive changes: chat us up about the things they want to do, give us some excitement, let us know we are heard, do add some good non paywall content, stop pandering to cheaters, not use TOS to crackdown on people who work for and not against the community, and we'll be back to petty complaints instead of community meltdowns. And I for one will fade away into contented silence.

It's funny you should say that. Such a person did in fact exist in the past, in the form of head developer Carrie. But the community chased her away, blaming her for blatant cash grabs that weren't even blatant by mobile game industry standards, all the while, as I understand it, she fought internally to keep to swgoh's then good moral standards, raising attention to issues that needed addressing, and genuinely cared deeply for the game. Now, well over a year later, EA and new management have turned up the cash-vampirism to eleven, and swgoh has ironically turned into the hellish cash drain everybody back then was wrongly complaining about, just look at the amount of different packs and special offers we get drowned in now. Swgoh was originally and for a long time by far one of the most f2p friendly and morally sound mobile games. But the vast majority of the community was of course blinded by skub, and failed to realise that micro transactions and monetization is a huge industry problem for mobile games, where swgoh was a shining bright of moral awesomeness amid a sea of downright evil gacha games and ****. And now... swgoh is just as bad as the rest, because the people and creators that cared, inevitably stopped caring in the face of the swgoh community.
    I'm weary of typing and thinking, I'm fighting off a hangover, so I'm just going to stop here. It's not like anything I say here has any effect on the matter or community anyway.
  • Options
    I quit many jobs that didnt respect me,its a deal breaker for me,but i guess some ppl only love the smell of money

I love the smell of my family being able to have clothes and food and shelter.

And i love to be able to walk with my head held high

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    We can see CG_SBCrumb is out in the wild and is alive and well.
This discussion has been closed.