When do we have GL Rey buffed too?

Replies

  • Adamklark
    497 posts Member
    edited July 31
    NataPda wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    Blake085 wrote: »
    #BuffRey won't be buried

    At the risk of reviving, notice the lack of people? The complaints fizzled out, and the understanding grew... like I said, these topics all die out, usually with next to no change. If you want CG to do something, hit them where it hurts (the money). They don’t even look at these threads.

    So we may create a thread "don't buy packs for Rey". It's easy to explain why.

    just FYI, if you encourage people not to buy packs you might he banned lol, this is EA man
  • Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited August 2
    ill check out that video.
  • Slaveen
    476 posts Member
    Devian wrote: »
    https://swgoh.gg/stats/meta-report/
    and.,. meta shifts.
    36% top1 and top10 meta report easch
    with overall 1500 Rey more unlocks then Kylo.
    That means percentage of Kylo taking top1 and even top10 is much higher.
    So if anyone wants to argue still that Rey dominates smth, there are tons of rey in top and Rey takes top-1 easiliy - here you go.
    A bit slower of course, I thougth Kylo gonna have 38% rigth now, but probably it's due to massive sell of accounts. So, I say, in one month there are gonna be 38-40% of Kylo with FO.

    I... I don’t even know what you’re trying to say. You need to retake some Middle School English bro.
  • chmoAr0ufif0u
    81 posts Member
    edited August 2
    Legend91 wrote: »
    We have a counter team. Its rey, and we want to use her like SLKR does use his team. Without breaking apart other teams.
    21 pages later you still talking about other counter teams.

    Maybe a video (graphic content) works, reading doesn't as it seems. So here a video:

    I am climbing with a similar to this build since dawn of GL. GK zHoldo + Bros.
    It is is another rng fest.
    Post edited by chmoAr0ufif0u on
  • @TVF jailed? This has got to be a ruse. Must have spilled hot coffee in the lap of Crumb, Top Hot, or Lucifer’s Daddy at the last board meeting.
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    We have a counter team. Its rey, and we want to use her like SLKR does use his team. Without breaking apart other teams.
    21 pages later you still talking about other counter teams.

    Maybe a video (graphic content) works, reading doesn't as it seems. So here a video:

    I am climbing with a similar to this build since dawn of GL. GK zHoldo + Bros.
    It is is another rng fest.

    You can alleviate the rng strongly with propre modding ( offense rey and prot/health on others), if you're not using this already. Hyoda could also greatly alleviate rng (instead of gk in your team, for instance, or instead of rh poe); training on rey will one shot any kylo you may encounter and enhance survivability.
  • Slaveen
    476 posts Member
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Legend91 wrote: »
    We have a counter team. Its rey, and we want to use her like SLKR does use his team. Without breaking apart other teams.
    21 pages later you still talking about other counter teams.

    Maybe a video (graphic content) works, reading doesn't as it seems. So here a video:

    I am climbing with a similar to this build since dawn of GL. GK zHoldo + Bros.
    It is is another rng fest.

    You can alleviate the rng strongly with propre modding ( offense rey and prot/health on others), if you're not using this already. Hyoda could also greatly alleviate rng (instead of gk in your team, for instance, or instead of rh poe); training on rey will one shot any kylo you may encounter and enhance survivability.

    What you say is true. I have developed a very, very consistent win rate against SLKR with GK, GAS, JKR, & Hoda. Like you said, as long as Rey gets Master’s Training and you time the ultimate correctly, she WILL 1 shot SLKR no matter how much HP and prot he still has.

    However, as I have stated over and over - the primarily problem with Rey is NOT the arena problem, it’s the GAC and TW problem. Hoda is a MUST for Rey to win against SLKR. Meanwhile, SLKR uses all FO, the toons that we’re required to be geared to get him in the first place, and maintains a higher performance rate.

    I’m probably about a month away from starting the SLKR event myself, then however long it takes me to farm tickets for the event... so maybe 2-2.5 months away from ult-SLKR? Point is by the time they buff Rey now, I’ll almost have SLKR so I’m not posting about it as much anymore. Doesn’t change the fact that Rey owners were totally duped by CG.
  • With the Galactic Challenges coming in a few days, we will need CG to #BuffRey.
  • SLKR is the most popular squad arena team even though there are less of them. The number of Kylos will surpass Reys in 30 days. Also looking at the number of G13s in existence there are way more Kylos in the pipeline than Reys.

    It would make a lot of sense for CG to turn the tables again before it gets too close to the next pair of GLs.
  • str2019 wrote: »
    SLKR is the most popular squad arena team even though there are less of them. The number of Kylos will surpass Reys in 30 days. Also looking at the number of G13s in existence there are way more Kylos in the pipeline than Reys.

    It would make a lot of sense for CG to turn the tables again before it gets too close to the next pair of GLs.

    I have Rey, so please let that be the case. Then I can grab a bowl of popcorn and watch all the SLKR owners who threw shade on the Rey owners complain for the next 90 days.
  • Nihion
    3009 posts Member
    Dramgon wrote: »
    str2019 wrote: »
    SLKR is the most popular squad arena team even though there are less of them. The number of Kylos will surpass Reys in 30 days. Also looking at the number of G13s in existence there are way more Kylos in the pipeline than Reys.

    It would make a lot of sense for CG to turn the tables again before it gets too close to the next pair of GLs.

    I have Rey, so please let that be the case. Then I can grab a bowl of popcorn and watch all the SLKR owners who threw shade on the Rey owners complain for the next 90 days.

    Anecdotal. Lol.
  • I'm not understanding the complaints.
    These are my shard's top 10. 6/10 teams are Rey, 3/10 are Kylo. Mortis just does amazing things with Vader.

    1wkj42nl1jcj.jpg
    jig0acost6xu.jpg
    3y4t4d9c6w5z.jpg
    w42klu8le26v.jpg
    4d8ltf7wd6qv.jpg
  • Dmitry_M81 wrote: »
    Cuz you know, initial balance - SLKR is elite attacker and more than reliable on offense, Rey is more solid defensively and better at arena overall - is broken.
    Seriously, this is a bad players experience - to choose from two announced kits to find out one of them was buffed month after, and now you have worse arena squad and relic 5 Rose Tico, urghhh

    Right after SLK is allowed to ignore taunt
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I'm not understanding the complaints.
    Because the complaints aren't about arena. Look at your two middle screen shots - those are the teams used to beat SLKR. Now imagine it's TW or GAC. How many offensive teams had to be sacrificed to form those teams? That might be why you're not understanding. It's not about arena.

    We will keep saying it and they will keep ignoring it.

    It’s NOT about arena.

    It’s about TW & especially GAC.

    (Post about how many Rey’s are in someone’s shard top 10 incoming in T-5, 4, 3...).
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I'm not understanding the complaints.
    Look at your two middle screen shots - those are the teams used to beat SLKR. Now imagine it's TW or GAC. How many offensive teams had to be sacrificed to form those teams?

    That's very loaded question. You just don't need such teams there because (unlike squad arena) you can't use one team on defense and offense.
  • Legend91
    1485 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I'm not understanding the complaints.
    Because the complaints aren't about arena. Look at your two middle screen shots - those are the teams used to beat SLKR. Now imagine it's TW or GAC. How many offensive teams had to be sacrificed to form those teams? That might be why you're not understanding. It's not about arena.
    Slaveen wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I'm not understanding the complaints.
    Because the complaints aren't about arena. Look at your two middle screen shots - those are the teams used to beat SLKR. Now imagine it's TW or GAC. How many offensive teams had to be sacrificed to form those teams? That might be why you're not understanding. It's not about arena.

    We will keep saying it and they will keep ignoring it.

    It’s NOT about arena.

    It’s about TW & especially GAC.

    (Post about how many Rey’s are in someone’s shard top 10 incoming in T-5, 4, 3...).

    Do you use Rey on offense or defense in TW / GAC?
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • #BuffRey because she can be OHKO by the Sniper Droid in Galactic Challenges.
  • Nikoms565
    13075 posts Member
    edited August 15
    Legend91 wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I'm not understanding the complaints.
    Because the complaints aren't about arena. Look at your two middle screen shots - those are the teams used to beat SLKR. Now imagine it's TW or GAC. How many offensive teams had to be sacrificed to form those teams? That might be why you're not understanding. It's not about arena.
    Slaveen wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I'm not understanding the complaints.
    Because the complaints aren't about arena. Look at your two middle screen shots - those are the teams used to beat SLKR. Now imagine it's TW or GAC. How many offensive teams had to be sacrificed to form those teams? That might be why you're not understanding. It's not about arena.

    We will keep saying it and they will keep ignoring it.

    It’s NOT about arena.

    It’s about TW & especially GAC.

    (Post about how many Rey’s are in someone’s shard top 10 incoming in T-5, 4, 3...).

    Do you use Rey on offense or defense in TW / GAC?

    It's circumstantial and is different for each mode.

    But again, that's completely beside the point. SLKR performs well vs other GLs (and various counters) on offense or defense with only the characters needed to unlock him. GL Rey often needs help from 1-3 characters from other powerful teams to do the same. Thus putting GL Rey owners (or guilds) at a disadvantage in both modes. A disadvantage they did not have at the time both characters were released.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • I don't think GL Rey needs to get buffed unless it's adding more Resistance synergy between her and her team. The thing that needs to happen is a Resistance faction buff. Right now, most of the Resistance faction is complete garbage and you can't run them with GL Rey. With SLKR, best team is normally full First Order, but that's not the case for Rey and the Resistance. I hope that's the only kind of buff GL Rey owners are looking for cuz that's the only one I think is reasonable.
  • Buzzzthrower666
    88 posts Member
    edited August 16
    @Ultra funny enough it really would be too much to go after jedi luke, I just don't care enough as it will detract from what I am currently doing in game. I got tired of being pushed a thousand different directions with farming. I'm finally having fun with the game just working on my ds characters. So that is what I will continue to do. New and shiney means nothing to me. I dont.care what characters are better than others. And I really dont care how high my gp is as I do not play gac. Not everyone gives a flying purple people eater about the meta or chasing it.
    Post edited by Buzzzthrower666 on
  • I decided to go the GL Rey route when the kits were announced as I was pretty light side weak and her kit looked pretty good in comparison. I was too far along when they buffed SLKR. Having finally unlocked her I'm pretty darn disappointed. First I sunk a ton of mats and energy to unlock a bunch of useless resistance toons. Now I'm stuck sinking more cost into characters I need to make GL rey usable. SLKR has a bunch of nice usable toons to unlock and is a stronger character. My GL Rey got lit up in the recent territory battles...I'm pretty sure my DR is a better character with a fraction of the cost. If they offered a refund/swap out I'd take it in a hot second. Needless to say I won't be spending on any packs anytime soon if this is the "payout".
  • TVF
    25894 posts Member
    Noms wrote: »
    I decided to go the GL Rey route when the kits were announced as I was pretty light side weak and her kit looked pretty good in comparison. I was too far along when they buffed SLKR. Having finally unlocked her I'm pretty darn disappointed. First I sunk a ton of mats and energy to unlock a bunch of useless resistance toons. Now I'm stuck sinking more cost into characters I need to make GL rey usable. SLKR has a bunch of nice usable toons to unlock and is a stronger character. My GL Rey got lit up in the recent territory battles...I'm pretty sure my DR is a better character with a fraction of the cost. If they offered a refund/swap out I'd take it in a hot second. Needless to say I won't be spending on any packs anytime soon if this is the "payout".

    Rey has been a consistent 4/4 in TB for me.
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gifafi
    5057 posts Member
    Noms wrote: »
    I decided to go the GL Rey route when the kits were announced as I was pretty light side weak and her kit looked pretty good in comparison. I was too far along when they buffed SLKR. Having finally unlocked her I'm pretty darn disappointed. First I sunk a ton of mats and energy to unlock a bunch of useless resistance toons. Now I'm stuck sinking more cost into characters I need to make GL rey usable. SLKR has a bunch of nice usable toons to unlock and is a stronger character. My GL Rey got lit up in the recent territory battles...I'm pretty sure my DR is a better character with a fraction of the cost. If they offered a refund/swap out I'd take it in a hot second. Needless to say I won't be spending on any packs anytime soon if this is the "payout".

    lol
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Wow this argument is still raging, don't alot of free to play people have both right now ? I could have got both as free to play but I chose to get ready for jkl instead.


  • TVF
    25894 posts Member
    I seriously doubt that. One, sure.
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Darthpippa wrote: »
    Wow this argument is still raging, don't alot of free to play people have both right now ? I could have got both as free to play but I chose to get ready for jkl instead.

    Only a very select few FTP will have both. The majority of FTP still have neither.
  • Darthpippa wrote: »
    Wow this argument is still raging, don't alot of free to play people have both right now ? I could have got both as free to play but I chose to get ready for jkl instead.


    ?? Luke is much easier to farm than the GLs.
  • I have both and am only 1 piece away from having ultimates on both as well. I havent gone hard on rey ultimate so prefer saving crystals over getting the ultimate sooner.

    I had a 80K crystal stash piled up and always place high in Arena but I haven't spent anything.
  • TVF
    25894 posts Member
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    Darthpippa wrote: »
    Wow this argument is still raging, don't alot of free to play people have both right now ? I could have got both as free to play but I chose to get ready for jkl instead.


    ?? Luke is much easier to farm than the GLs.

    And?

    I was close on Kylo when they dropped Luke so I diverted resources there. Which means I have to build them back up.
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
Sign In or Register to comment.