Normal Player and the new Luke

Prev13
kdtipa
9 posts Member
edited June 2020
I'm kind of **** off. And I see from some of the other posts I might not be only one angry at Capital Games for how it's been treating "normal players". I'm NEVER going to get to use the new Luke character because I'm never going to get the Wampa character to a power level where it can use relics. I have zero characters powerful to make use of the relics feature. And I'd guess I'll never have any characters at that level of power. It takes SO MUCH time, effort, and probably money to get one character to gear level 12, let alone 13 that I feel defeated when I consider it. I'll never have the newest Kylo or Rey either.

Up to this point the game has felt like a chore. What I like about the game is collecting characters I like in Star Wars. Other than that the whole game is just a series of chores every day. Play through everything to get through the daily rewards, and do as much as possible with sim tickets and with the auto feature. There's NOTHING in the game that you do just for fun. There's no activity in the game where you can spend a little time doing something fun. When I play a game like Star Wars Battlefront (obviously a different kind of game), I'm engaged and doing something for a few minutes. When I play SWGOH, tapping through and don't even care what happens. Squad Arena? I pick the strongest foe I can and set it to auto because I don't care if I win. I just want the daily rewards. It's not fun. Where's the fun? I'm really only continuing to play because I've spent a lot of money already and I don't want to feel like it's wasted.

So, when something new happens I keep hoping for something fun to do with all those characters I've collected. But instead, what we keep getting is more stuff behind a HUGE pay-wall. Whatever business decisions lead to the situation we're in, I'm an example of a player that feels betrayed and stomped on by pretty much every major release in the last year or so. From my point of view it looks like maybe 1% of the players are catered to and the rest of us can go suck some rotten lemons.

And here comes Jedi Knight Luke... another thing that might be fun for everyone, but only the elite players at the top get have him. Why would anyone try to catch up and get that character when you probably have to spend thousands of dollars on the ridiculous web of requirements to get there.

I stopped spending money on this game after the obnoxious Rey and Kylo thing. I see no reason to spend any more. I barely see a reason to play. I hope enough people stop spending money that CG actually works to offer something worthwhile.

Replies

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    doesn't want to play. doesn't like the game, somehow doesn't think will ever get to g12, even tho has spent (!), feels spat on by luke bc of the first few things.

edit: how long have you been playing? what level are your characters?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • AM2Rainman
    247 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Nah man you got it wrong, its catered towards the veterans and not primarily spenders since you can't really spend your way to get more GET1, and it's fine it's more of an exclusive character that not ever joe Smith can get it with their dad's credit card

How long before a player is "Veteran"? I"m just shy of 2 years in and am still 6 months away from JKL, best case scenario. Probably 9, given the typical cycle for events and gear/relics. It's a lot of GET1 for Hoda and Wampa. . Another thing to ask for currency from that's feeling more and more challenging to get. You get more GET1 in Hoth but any guild doing Hoth isn't doing that great so you're not getting much so if you can get in one doing Geo, you diminish the amount of GET1 you can get.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    AM2Rainman wrote: »
    Nah man you got it wrong, its catered towards the veterans and not primarily spenders since you can't really spend your way to get more GET1, and it's fine it's more of an exclusive character that not ever joe Smith can get it with their dad's credit card

How long before a player is "Veteran"? I"m just shy of 2 years in and am still 6 months away from JKL, best case scenario. Probably 9, given the typical cycle for events and gear/relics. It's a lot of GET1 for Hoda and Wampa. . Another thing to ask for currency from that's feeling more and more challenging to get. You get more GET1 in Hoth but any guild doing Hoth isn't doing that great so you're not getting much so if you can get in one doing Geo, you diminish the amount of GET1 you can get.

Veteran would be the guy who started day 1, the guy who is been playing for 3+ years. And if you are getting luke in 9 months, that is still good, I'm personally not getting him till I get my malak and gas maxed out which would be like a year and half from now

9 months isn't really that long of a time. Ill probably unlock the next time around depending on when that next time is, if comes back fast then it won't be until the following time. Not a big deal imo. Thats why its called a farm or a grind.
  • Options
    Monel wrote: »

Veteran would be the guy who started day 1, the guy who is been playing for 3+ years. And if you are getting luke in 9 months, that is still good, I'm personally not getting him till I get my malak and gas maxed out which would be like a year and half from now

9 months isn't really that long of a time. Ill probably unlock the next time around depending on when that next time is, if comes back fast then it won't be until the following time. Not a big deal imo. Thats why its called a farm or a grind.

Actually, telling someone you can’t do something for 9 months to 2 years doesn’t sound too good for most people.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    IronCross wrote: »
    Monel wrote: »

Actually, telling someone you can’t do something for 9 months to 2 years doesn’t sound too good for most people.

expecting to be where people who have been playing an almost 5 year old game for almost five years seems silly
  • Ltswb1
    550 posts Member
    Options
    I’ve been playing for over 4 years, have 4.4 mil gp, and Luke is still at least 7 months away for me because of the GET1 wall. The game has always been like this from day one. I get the frustration. I’m frustrated too. But it’s not just “new” players that are affected by this because it’s not new to the game. They intentionally make it so that you have to spend tons of money or months of time to accomplish things. Sure it’s easier for those that guessed right and focused on the required toons, but Jedi Luke requirements have been discussed for years, and who got them 100% right? And how many would have wasted months of effort preparing if they had decided never to introduce him? It’s all a gamble. Just a very big and time consuming one.
  • Options
    Ltswb1 wrote: »
    I’ve been playing for over 4 years, have 4.4 mil gp, and Luke is still at least 7 months away for me because of the GET1 wall. The game has always been like this from day one. I get the frustration. I’m frustrated too. But it’s not just “new” players that are affected by this because it’s not new to the game. They intentionally make it so that you have to spend tons of money or months of time to accomplish things. Sure it’s easier for those that guessed right and focused on the required toons, but Jedi Luke requirements have been discussed for years, and who got them 100% right? And how many would have wasted months of effort preparing if they had decided never to introduce him? It’s all a gamble. Just a very big and time consuming one.

If you have been playing for 4 years and do not have all of the GET toons done, you made choices that limited you, not CG. Anyone who wants to be ready for any event at any time knows to get everything to 7* asap. You can buy/panic farm gear much faster and cheaper than you can buy character shards, and 4 years is plenty of time to have aquired enough GET1 to max all the exclusive characters in that store.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Options

I get that. I do think that it's mostly personal feelings. In my position, I'd like to have more GET1 because that would make my life easier, but someone with more years, came in early on, has nothing else to spend GET1 on other than gear, if they even want to. It just feels like the number for characters I have still want to get to 7* is never going down (which is a good thing in a way) because of GET or when they do finally put a character on a node, it's with a character I've already farmed. Feels like I'm not progressing, whether I am or not.
  • Ltswb1
    550 posts Member
    Options
    To expand on my last post,
    A Jedi Luke event could have easily also required Hoth Rebel Soldier, Hoth Rebel Scout, Imperial Probe Droid, Lobot, Ugnaught, R2, Raid Han, most of the bounty hunters, Biggs, Ewoks, Palpatine, Akbar, Snow Trooper, Tie Pilot, Veers, Royal Guard, Storm Trooper, Stark, and some I’m sure I missed. Obviously some are more likely than others, but how many people would have guessed exactly the right ones and not wasted time on ones not needed?
  • Options
    Hm. Sounds to me like the problem is on your side of the keyboard, frankly. Yes, it takes a long time to get a Wampa, it takes a long time to get a Hermit Yoda, or a Negotiator, or a Malevolence. Relic levels are hard to get, too. But it is all doable given time, it does not take money unless you want to hurry things along. Make your choices and live with them, it's a good lesson.

Having said that, if I only had a year or two into this game, I would probably feel overwhelmed by the massive walls preventing me from getting the best new shines. Glad I am not in your shoes. On the other hand, I will probably retire not long after unlocking new Luke, which probably won't be until the event comes back for the second time. Bummer for me.

There are some things to do in the game that are fun, actually. If you cannot find a way to make them fun, well then maybe you just do not like this game. Pushing the SIM or AUTO button is not fun to me. Sometimes I still play the GW table with undergeared squads just for some variety.

What is "normal" anyway? Seems highly subjective.
  • Ltswb1
    550 posts Member
    Options

If you have been playing for 4 years and do not have all of the GET toons done, you made choices that limited you, not CG. Anyone who wants to be ready for any event at any time knows to get everything to 7* asap. You can buy/panic farm gear much faster and cheaper than you can buy character shards, and 4 years is plenty of time to have aquired enough GET1 to max all the exclusive characters in that store.

I love how people in the forums always like to insult other people’s choices and brag on their own, as if they’ve never made a bad choice in the game. It’s so easy. All you have to do is find someone who is honestly relating their experiences in the game and bash them for being honest. I’m sure you have the perfect roster and have never wasted time or resources. Congratulations. You are so superior to me. Must make you feel good about yourself.
  • Options
    To expand on my last post,
    A Jedi Luke event could have easily also required Hoth Rebel Soldier, Hoth Rebel Scout, Imperial Probe Droid, Lobot, Ugnaught, R2, Raid Han, most of the bounty hunters, Biggs, Ewoks, Palpatine, Akbar, Snow Trooper, Tie Pilot, Veers, Royal Guard, Storm Trooper, Stark, and some I’m sure I missed. Obviously some are more likely than others, but how many people would have guessed exactly the right ones and not wasted time on ones not needed?

I would much rather relic Wampa and Hoda than the Hoth rebels or Lobot. If that were the case, there would be the useless toons argument all over again.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options

I love how people in the forums always like to insult other people’s choices and brag on their own, as if they’ve never made a bad choice in the game. It’s so easy. All you have to do is find someone who is honestly relating their experiences in the game and bash them for being honest. I’m sure you have the perfect roster and have never wasted time or resources. Congratulations. You are so superior to me. Must make you feel good about yourself.

there are zero insults in his post, fyi
  • AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    Options

I think to be fair, it's not an unreasonable point of view. It's not about bad choices but if you've been playing since GET1 was introduced into the game then you would have acquired a lot of it. What people subsequently did with the currency was / is up to them.
  • Ltswb1
    550 posts Member
    Options
    AlexanderG wrote: »

I think to be fair, it's not an unreasonable point of view. It's not about bad choices but if you've been playing since GET1 was introduced into the game then you would have acquired a lot of it. What people subsequently did with the currency was / is up to them.

I agree. And that’s my point. I made different choices than LittleMAC. And we have different rosters because of that. I like mine, he likes his. But I knew as soon as I posted that I’ve been a long time player and don’t have Wampa, that someone would immediately comment that I made bad choices. It’s pathological in this forum. People can’t wait to pounce on others and brag about themselves.
  • Options
    IronCross wrote: »

Spot on. No way I'd pick up this game now if I hadn't been playing since the beginning.
  • Options

On that, when was GET 1 introduced? For reference.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options

I agree. And that’s my point. I made different choices than LittleMAC. And we have different rosters because of that. I like mine, he likes his. But I knew as soon as I posted that I’ve been a long time player and don’t have Wampa, that someone would immediately comment that I made bad choices. It’s pathological in this forum. People can’t wait to pounce on others and brag about themselves.

he also didn't say you made bad choices, just ones that limited you. are you ok?
  • Options
    I think to be fair, The OP did not paint a fair picture of the game. It is not hard to get a G 12 character and with focus a relic character. again I know players who have played less Than a year and have relics.the problem CG faced with JKL is this, everyone wants JKL, but everybody expects him to be powerful but no powerful character can be easily accessible to everyone or else it would throw off their strategy of making powerful attractive characters readily accessible to players who are going to pay, but also making them accessible in more time to players willing to dedicate resources to them and not pay
  • Farriot
    38 posts Member
    Options
    The “new Luke”???

I’m going to start a new name for him since JKL is trash...

He will be known as BFL... Baby Face Luke... it will stick trust me...
    #donttreatmelikeReginatreatedGretchen #fetch
  • Katsapliakos
    336 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    The requirements are decent actually,the problem is that its still a huge grind to get from g9-g12,i play a little over 1,5 year right now and the relics arent even that bad,but that grind to reach g12 for someone who isnt doing well in arenas or not spending is terrible.
    You would expect with the amount of money they make they would be willing to give more freebies back,but i guess i am wrong.

EDIT:I allready have wampa,hyoda at 7 stars btw,it was my choice.
  • AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    Options

On that, when was GET 1 introduced? For reference.

Fair question and to be honest I don't know. I'd guess around 3 years. 2 at the very least.
  • Options

I love how people who don't want to take responsibility for their choices immediately think they are being attacked on the internet.

I was simply pointing out that you made choices and those choices are the reason you are facing a "GET1 wall". You didn't really need to "guess right", this event required the only 2 characters that could only be acquired with GET1 (until ECs came out a year ago). The lesson continues to be "farm everything in case it is required someday".
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    First Hoth BT was 28th august 2017, and TB introduced this currency if i'm not mistaken.

So congrats on your willd guess ^^

• Options
    Been playing since Fall 2016 to early 2017. Only thing stopping me on getting him is gear.

Seems people are just stopped by the GET1 needed for both HYoda and Wampa. I do have GAS, but other than that my GET1 goes towards certain gear like MK5 stun gun salvage. This event is for people that have been playing for awhile primarily, not people that have the biggest wallet.

Gear grind will always be around..
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    I think to be fair, The OP did not paint a fair picture of the game. It is not hard to get a G 12 character and with focus a relic character. again I know players who have played less Than a year and have relics.the problem CG faced with JKL is this, everyone wants JKL, but everybody expects him to be powerful but no powerful character can be easily accessible to everyone or else it would throw off their strategy of making powerful attractive characters readily accessible to players who are going to pay, but also making them accessible in more time to players willing to dedicate resources to them and not pay

Agree. I started an alt 6 months ago and have a few g12. Could have more but I'm trying to be careful with resources. WHich is why I asked op how long he's been playing. I have like 30k get1 which is around 1/3rd of the way to 7* wampa or Hoda. I remember at the time I was buying those shards on my main it seemed like I would never get there but I've had both for a long while now bc I wanted them more than gear. and bc gear can be farmed. Any super finite reource like GET1/2 chars/ships are at a premium imo