Shard chats can be a bad thing

Replies

• IvanSkywalker
    25 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    I was invited to a ship shard chat but this bullying never happens. They don't ask others not to attack them when their PO is some hours later. They try to make contacts instead to see if the people wanna join the group. Nobody makes unreasonable requests and attack a specific person before their PO unless that person does not read chat and attack everyone 24/7. Coordination and exploitation needs to be well differentiated.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Hi guys,

I have been playing for 4.5+ years with ~5.7m GP. In the past months, I have been able to climb top 30 but a few guys in the shard have been asking me not to attack them when their PO is 4-6 hours later than mine! This is absolutely unreasonable to make such a selfish and arrogant request. 2 hour could be reasonable but at least 4 hrs? They are mostly from Russian group claiming they have to climb early and that I cannot attack them. They have a shard chat apparently after they said "everyone will target me" and then at least 3 of the guys have been targeting me like some bullies during my PO when I climb around/through them. They are working as a group to try to dominate and take control of the whole shard for their OWN benefits. It's like they are the only ones who need to climb and others not n their group are not allowed doing so. My PO is at least 4 hours earlier than theirs (not even around) and I have every reason to climb during my PO. It is rude and selfish to ask me not to attack them while keep messing with my PO. Honestly, shard chat could be an effective way to share the rewards among the group but I don't think its a good thing anymore if a bunch of selfish players are bullying others who are not in their group and not letting them to climb. After all, its a community involving players from all around the world and not just the shard chat group!

This bullying happens whenever I get around their range over the last few months. I am tired of this non-sense and have been asking CG/EA to do something against them (not much progress atm). If the game works in this environment with these selfish arrogant groups, there is no fun or fair play at all as the arenas are just occupied by those bulliers and a lot of players will give up playing. So I am genuinely asking if anyone knows how this problem can be solved or how I can get these players banned or just switch to another shard. Hope you guys can help me.

Sidenote to CG group on some of the improvements you can work on:
    1. Allow people to select multiple shipments in stores
    2. Shorten the time of free pack
    3. Allow people to sell mods right at the moment they get them as rewards
    4. Increase the mod storage size
    5. The whole GL thing is stupid. So much farming. So much new energy farming after the crazy farming. So much time needed for mirror matches
    6. LS GEOTB is still way too difficult

first of all, top 30 is nowhere near good enough to get into a shard chat. Try battling for first for weeks like everyone else had to do to prove you can do it consistently. You have to earn your way in, not cry and bully your way in, that's how it works.

second, you are lying about multiple things:

you constantly would hit people after your payout, even after having things explained to you many, many times, aka just don't hit people during their payout times and you will be left alone. No one would care if you got more crystals if you could be trusted to stop hitting people during their payout, which is clearly impossible for you.

you went so far as to change your in-game name to Revengingon(person in shard's name) for a while and even spent 1k crystals one day repeatedly trying to knock him and other people out of their PO's, again at nowhere near your PO. Doesn't look like the lesson was learned, even after that.

you were insanely abusive to people in chats.

you got a shard member banned for 3 days (um, "allegedly") by lying about them and now you come to the forums to lie and completely represent the actual facts.

It takes a lot to exasperate the nicest shard chat I've ever seen or even heard about on the forums to the point where they won't even respond to you in-game anymore. It's not like it's one of those shard mafias that hits people even when a payout isn't even shared with them. No one cares enough to be mean for no reason, look at how others in the shard act and you will see this is the way. Maybe taking a look in the mirror for answers would help. Or read this post, idk.

Oh, and since you seem to like like screenshots so much, here's one that doesn't misprepresent facts, and with the actual personal info redacted like it should be. Look familiar?

5h6rda382j4l.png

tl;dr: git gud, earn your arena payout, and don't be that guy, in-game or on the forums. It's not that hard.
    Post edited by Gifafi on
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I was invited to a ship shard chat but this bullying never happens. They don't ask others not to attack them when their PO is some hours later. They try to make contacts instead to see if the people wanna join the group. Nobody makes unreasonable requests and attack a specific person before their PO unless that person does not read chat and attack everyone 24/7. Coordination and exploitation needs to be well differentiated.

Absolutely, and there is no need to lump them all together.

Both of my shards are very similar, we don't generally reach out to others but once they ask we bring them in.

The requests for attacks happen infrequently and if someone wants to reach out to someone they are free to do so.
    When both shards were initially built they were very different, but both grew out of the strict period fairly quickly and I cant remember the last time someone suggested someone needs to "prove themselves" to get in.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    the exclusivity of shard chats make it sure seem like cheating to me... gaining an unfair advantage relative to others not invited to the chat. It can go a step further toward cheating when people actually remove mods or put in trash teams to let shard chat members move up while targeting others who, often out of ignorance of others payouts, get targeted by a shard mafia

Seeming like cheating and being cheating are not the same thing.

Unfortunately they are not violating anything by organizing in this way, or removing mods/changing teams to allow someone an easy win.

Also, such a general statement is not really true, as there are many chats that do not operate in this fashion. Most are just trying to maximize PO and minimize issues.

I don't suppose you can prove the majority of shard chats are friendly open to anyone and willing to rotate payouts equally, can you? Because it sounds like you are calling me a liar when I described my view of shard chats...

No I did not, not even in the slightest.

Just that your generalization is not accurate, as most generalizations are not....hence "generalizations". They also tend to be based on localised personal experience, and not empirical evidence.

I have spoken to many players on many fronts, just for my own edification. Also, I didnt say the majority. You can search through and look at many of the places people tend to look for and complain about such groups and judge for yourself, but again that's not empirical and has significant bias and gaps. Either way, there are a lot of shard chats and definitely less complaints.

You said most. That means majority.
  • Options
    the exclusivity of shard chats make it sure seem like cheating to me... gaining an unfair advantage relative to others not invited to the chat. It can go a step further toward cheating when people actually remove mods or put in trash teams to let shard chat members move up while targeting others who, often out of ignorance of others payouts, get targeted by a shard mafia

Unfortunately they are not violating anything by organizing in this way, or removing mods/changing teams to allow someone an easy win.

Also, such a general statement is not really true, as there are many chats that do not operate in this fashion. Most are just trying to maximize PO and minimize issues.

I don't suppose you can prove the majority of shard chats are friendly open to anyone and willing to rotate payouts equally, can you? Because it sounds like you are calling me a liar when I described my view of shard chats...

Just that your generalization is not accurate, as most generalizations are not....hence "generalizations". They also tend to be based on localised personal experience, and not empirical evidence.

I have spoken to many players on many fronts, just for my own edification. Also, I didnt say the majority. You can search through and look at many of the places people tend to look for and complain about such groups and judge for yourself, but again that's not empirical and has significant bias and gaps. Either way, there are a lot of shard chats and definitely less complaints.

So you agree that generalizations are wrong. Fantastic. Let’s move on.
  • Options

So you agree that generalizations are wrong. Fantastic. Let’s move on.

No, that whole statement about generalizations is so wrong I didn't think it was worth commenting on, but we can move on if you want.
  • Ultra
    11532 posts Moderator
    Options
    So OP purposely picks a fight with 30+ people who want to play nice with him and is now crying they are fed up with his nonsense?

How surprising
  • IvanSkywalker
    25 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Last message in reply to Gifafi
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    So OP purposely picks a fight with 30+ people who want to play nice with him and is now crying they are fed up with his nonsense?

How surprising

Wow you guys are just experts in reversing the whole story! At first I climb and you guys ask me not to attack you when you guys' PO is 4 hrs later than mine. Will you admit this? I say its not reasonable. Then you guys say everyone will attack me. And now you say my revenge is purposely picking fight with 30+ people? How about you ask the top 50 about that lol? It makes me laugh when you say "play nice" while making such arrogant requests and selfish bullying acts. Nonsense is nonsense. It does not make it reasonable by defaming the plaintiff. Well please read my last passage.I have my response there against your claims. Waste of time for these word fights. @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Leviathan @CG_LucifersDaddy Please just investigate and let me know if anything you need. Thank you.

PS: I think you guys need to get this right. Person A with PO at 7pm have every right to attack person B with PO some hours later (I am talking about at least 4 in this case). Person B has no right to request Person A not to attack him. Person B has no right to keep messing A's PO just because A does not agree to that selfish request. Person B can attack A after A's PO. Everyone is happy. This is what a shard chat should work like. Ask other groups. This is my proposal which I have talked to for a few times. But your greediness over the years of occupying the top 20 has turned you into the person you are now.
  • Options
    Even if what the op says is true (which by some responses is a big if), this is not representative of all shard chats.

The one I'm in is pretty chill. Basically we ask that you don't hit people during their climbing period (3hrs before payout) when possible or message them asking if they can move before you do. The exception is in the top 10 if your payout is sooner and you can't go around, then they're fair game. And after a message, they are fair game if they don't move.

My payout is late enough that during my climb, there aren't many I have to avoid anyway.

Occasionally, there are a few that complain or ask to be left alone outside of their 3 hr period but typically the concenous is that it puts too many restrictions on the climb to avoid each other altogether.

I have seen a few players really hate someone not in the chat because they seem to snipe them a lot. And I have seen requests to attack them. But they aren't orders and most people would rather bring someone in to stop the sniping than to stat a war that costs both sides crystals. Most of the ones that these few players target have already declined to join.

I personally just reach out to the individual and ask nicely to not be sniped right before my payout and agree to give them the same courtesy.

The op could have saved a lot of trouble just by going around the one player when possible.
  • Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I have been playing for 4.5+ years with ~5.7m GP. In the past months, I have been able to climb top 30 but a few guys in the shard have been asking me not to attack them when their PO is 4-6 hours later than mine! This is absolutely unreasonable to make such a selfish and arrogant request. 2 hour could be reasonable but at least 4 hrs? They are mostly from Russian group claiming they have to climb early and that I cannot attack them. They have a shard chat apparently after they said "everyone will target me" and then at least 3 of the guys have been targeting me like some bullies during my PO when I climb around/through them. They are working as a group to try to dominate and take control of the whole shard for their OWN benefits. It's like they are the only ones who need to climb and others not n their group are not allowed doing so. My PO is at least 4 hours earlier than theirs (not even around) and I have every reason to climb during my PO. It is rude and selfish to ask me not to attack them while keep messing with my PO. Honestly, shard chat could be an effective way to share the rewards among the group but I don't think its a good thing anymore if a bunch of selfish players are bullying others who are not in their group and not letting them to climb. After all, its a community involving players from all around the world and not just the shard chat group!

This bullying happens whenever I get around their range over the last few months. I am tired of this non-sense and have been asking CG/EA to do something against them (not much progress atm). If the game works in this environment with these selfish arrogant groups, there is no fun or fair play at all as the arenas are just occupied by those bulliers and a lot of players will give up playing. So I am genuinely asking if anyone knows how this problem can be solved or how I can get these players banned or just switch to another shard. Hope you guys can help me.

5. The whole GL thing is stupid. So much farming. So much new energy farming after the crazy farming. So much time needed for mirror matches

first of all, top 30 is nowhere near good enough to get into a shard chat. Try battling for first for weeks like everyone else had to do to prove you can do it consistently. You have to earn your way in, not cry and bully your way in, that's how it works.

you constantly would hit people after your payout, even after having things explained to you many, many times, aka just don't hit people during their payout times and you will be left alone. No one would care if you got more crystals if you could be trusted to stop hitting people during their payout, which is clearly impossible for you.

you went so far as to change your in-game name to Revengingon(person in shard's name) for a while and even spent 1k crystals one day repeatedly trying to knock him and other people out of their PO's, again at nowhere near your PO. Doesn't look like the lesson was learned, even after that.

you got a shard member banned for 3 days (um, "allegedly") by lying about them and now you come to the forums to lie and completely represent the actual facts.

It takes a lot to exasperate the nicest shard chat I've ever seen or even heard about on the forums to the point where they won't even respond to you in-game anymore. It's not like it's one of those shard mafias that hits people even when a payout isn't even shared with them. No one cares enough to be mean for no reason, look at how others in the shard act and you will see this is the way. Maybe taking a look in the mirror for answers would help. Or read this post, idk.

Oh, and since you seem to like like screenshots so much, here's one that doesn't misprepresent facts, and with the actual personal info redacted like it should be. Look familiar?

5h6rda382j4l.png

tl;dr: git gud, earn your arena payout, and don't be that guy, in-game or on the forums. It's not that hard.
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Hi guys,

5h6rda382j4l.png

1. Shard chat does not exist in the game. It is groups organized outside the game. Why would anyone need to conform to your own rules?

2. You make assumptions on me trying to get the first spot. But sorry I don't have the time actually because I am always busy at RL and I don't climb like 6 or 8 hrs early in arena like you guys. So question: why would somebody need to prove to you guys like you guys rule the whole shard and people have to ask your permission to get in?

3. You make another assumptions that I want to get in the shard chat but honestly I am just asking those with 4+ hrs behind my PO not to make unreasonable request and attack me whenever I get around. ALL I ASK FOR IS you cannot ban me from attacking players with at least 4 hours behind! Your group let me climb before my PO and I don't attack after my PO and I am happy that you guys drop me after my PO as it is completely normal to drop me after my PO! Those rules are set by you guys and not the devs man! And don't deny the fact that you guys are targeting me and bullying others not in your group!

4. You are making wrong statements by claiming I am a liar. You are reversing the cause and result completely. If that 3 players don't mess with my PO, when did I hit people after my PO? If they hit me, then I revenge. Otherwise you expect people to just let you bully? Their PO is after me! Get your chronological order right! Otherwise just show everyone proofs here. Or let CG/EA investigates on this. I am not afraid and would be more than happy to coorperate with any investigation.

5. Those 3 players did not ask me not to hit them DURING their PO. They asked me not to hit them at least 4 hrs before their PO. Their PO are not UTC 11am or around as mine! Their PO are at least UTC 3pm or later. How is that "during their PO"? You call 4 hrs difference as "during"? They are asking me not to attack them with PO at least 4 hrs after mine! Like today before I even start climbing, why is one of your players dropped me (at 28) to 33 with like nearly 6 hrs until his PO?

6. For the changing name thing, wow thank you for that I missed taking screenshot of that! I did change my name. I admit it. I am very happy for you guys to send more screenshots, so everyone knows the whole picture (btw screenshots with names are prohibited. You might censore my name first before posting them=]). So would you guys admit what you did now? And from the name, it can tell about "revenge". That player "XXX XXX" messed with my PO that day, right before my PO REPEATEDLY! Why don't you mention that as well? So you guys can mess with sb repeatedly DURING their PO and others cannot take revenge and just let you guys bully? Like I said, if they don't mess with my PO, when did I attack after my PO?

7. Abusive to people in chats? Why don't you mention your friends saying "afraid for my a**", "u show me knife i will try to kill u first", "keep the moms and wives out of this while you're at it"?

8. My PO isn't shared with those 3 players, NOT EVEN AROUND. So tell me does that make sense to request me not to attack them? Is it not rude that those 3 players keep targeting at me whenever I am climbing during my PO?

9. You say another shard member complained about them before. And now its me. I wonder how much "lying" in it with 2 players now complaining about your group. Who's lying and who's not lying. I will just let others and CG decide. I have no guilty. I just voice out what I am experiencing.
  • Options
    Even if what the op says is true (which by some responses is a big if), this is not representative of all shard chats.

The one I'm in is pretty chill. Basically we ask that you don't hit people during their climbing period (3hrs before payout) when possible or message them asking if they can move before you do. The exception is in the top 10 if your payout is sooner and you can't go around, then they're fair game. And after a message, they are fair game if they don't move.

My payout is late enough that during my climb, there aren't many I have to avoid anyway.

Occasionally, there are a few that complain or ask to be left alone outside of their 3 hr period but typically the concenous is that it puts too many restrictions on the climb to avoid each other altogether.

I have seen a few players really hate someone not in the chat because they seem to snipe them a lot. And I have seen requests to attack them. But they aren't orders and most people would rather bring someone in to stop the sniping than to stat a war that costs both sides crystals. Most of the ones that these few players target have already declined to join.

I personally just reach out to the individual and ask nicely to not be sniped right before my payout and agree to give them the same courtesy.

The op could have saved a lot of trouble just by going around the one player when possible.

The ship one I am in is pretty chill too. Its just this arena. I get frustrated getting targeted whenever I get around them. And 3 hours seem still sort of acceptable I guess. But 4 or 6 hours are completely unreasonable. Like you said there will be too many restrictions. If 4/6 becomes the rule, most will have to spend at least double the time efforts. I have asked one of the guys to give me the list within 2 hrs range but that guy did not reply me. And we did share our PO nicely before but not nice anymore after they said everyone will attack me OR request me not to attack them with PO 4+ hrs later. I suggested my proposal that makes everyone happy but they just can't give up the request they made. And its not one player now. They have already said their group will target me. I guess I can save a lot of troubles when I don't climb and stay at around 30-50 then. But then whats the point of getting GL...I don't know...maybe quitting is the best way to avoid these troubles I guess haha
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    It's quite ironic that you are the one calling [name removed] and others rude and selfish @IvanSkywalker. Some of them just made polite requests. With that attitude you brought this on yourself. Try a polite approach next time. Try working with them instead of against them. Or join them, even.

What exactly did you expect EA/CG to do? It's an arena. They are not going to prevent players from targeting you.

Those screenshots [they were removed, edit:Kyno] are just a part of the chat! Before that, they have already asked me not to attack them when I climbed! Then i checked on their PO and realized their PO are at least 4 hrs after me. Then I told them "it doesn't make sense to ask me not to attack them". But then they said "they have to climb early". Then who I am supposed to hit during my climb? Days by days, they keep attacking me as a bully whenever I get around them. Who will ask a person getting bullied to be polite with the bullies?

Two of your screenshots (now removed) showed their polite requests and your rude answers. What did you expect the outcome would be? You even declined an invitation to join their shard chat. Of course they will target you.

Maybe it's not too late to join them. Stop attacking them. Approach them again. Politely this time.
  • Options
    It's quite ironic that you are the one calling [name removed] and others rude and selfish @IvanSkywalker. Some of them just made polite requests. With that attitude you brought this on yourself. Try a polite approach next time. Try working with them instead of against them. Or join them, even.

What exactly did you expect EA/CG to do? It's an arena. They are not going to prevent players from targeting you.

Those screenshots [they were removed, edit:Kyno] are just a part of the chat! Before that, they have already asked me not to attack them when I climbed! Then i checked on their PO and realized their PO are at least 4 hrs after me. Then I told them "it doesn't make sense to ask me not to attack them". But then they said "they have to climb early". Then who I am supposed to hit during my climb? Days by days, they keep attacking me as a bully whenever I get around them. Who will ask a person getting bullied to be polite with the bullies?

Two of your screenshots (now removed) showed their polite requests and your rude answers. What did you expect the outcome would be? You even declined an invitation to join their shard chat. Of course they will target you.

Maybe it's not too late to join them. Stop attacking them. Approach them again. Politely this time.

Sorry are u one of them? One did ask me politely not to attack him. Then i asked politely when is his po (his po is at least 4 hrs later). Then he said everyone will attack me right after. So whos rude now?

Sorry when did i decline an invitation? Another one I did go offensive as he just messed with my po at that moment. He did ask me "why don't u join". I never said no. It's all abt the terms. I don't think he can invite me in as up to now I've contacted players not in their group, one player said he wasn't even in their group but just get informed by sb else on who to avoid; one player said they don't want him in. Plus that guy also said i have to "play nice with them", which means I have to accept their unreasonable request of not attacking them when their po is 4 hrs later? Btw that guy said "keep the moms and wives out of this while you're at it". So he's not rude at all?

Seriously i just don't get from what u said why I'm the only one who should be polite and play nice when they don't do the same? Why I'm the only one who can't attack them when their PO is hrs from mine while they can just repeatedly mess with my PO? Whats the logic behind all these? You are talking like they are the Kings and Queens and everyone has to conform to their rules and requests to survive.

Person A with PO at 7 have the right to attack person B with PO some hours later (at least 4 in this case). B has no right to request A not to attack him or mess with A's PO. B attack A after A's PO. That should be the fair play everyone should adopt.

I've said all I can say. Half day wasted for a post. I will only come in when CG steps in. Good day everyone.
  • Options

The ship one I am in is pretty chill too. Its just this arena. I get frustrated getting targeted whenever I get around them. And 3 hours seem still sort of acceptable I guess. But 4 or 6 hours are completely unreasonable. Like you said there will be too many restrictions. If 4/6 becomes the rule, most will have to spend at least double the time efforts. I have asked one of the guys to give me the list within 2 hrs range but that guy did not reply me. And we did share our PO nicely before but not nice anymore after they said everyone will attack me OR request me not to attack them with PO 4+ hrs later. I suggested my proposal that makes everyone happy but they just can't give up the request they made. And its not one player now. They have already said their group will target me. I guess I can save a lot of troubles when I don't climb and stay at around 30-50 then. But then whats the point of getting GL...I don't know...maybe quitting is the best way to avoid these troubles I guess haha

Technically our rule is only to give someone the chance to move before hitting them if it's within 3hrs. That is reasonable and most people have no issues with it.

Even 4hrs isn't really that unreasonable if the req is just to send a quick message requesting them to move and wait a few minutes to give them a chance. If they don't move and you hit them, it's on them.

Also technically, if they have friends in a shard chat and request them to attack you, it doesn't break any rules. You may not like it (and I don't either. I refuse to attack people just because they don't join our chat unless they are on my climb anyway) but they can do what they want as can you.

You also are not required to follow their shard chat rules if you don't want to. Though even if the rule is 4hrs (as long as there are reasonable exceptions like no other good options or your payout was coming up and you have them a chance to move) it isn't unreasonable.

And keep in mind between 10 and 20 all gives the same rewards so if you are going for top 20 you don't have to have max jumps every time. Most times taking the 2nd highest yields the same reward tier. I climb from the 20s or 30s (or sometimes the 50s of it's a bad day and I fell farther) to the top 5 every day. If you fall below about 25 or so, you have to spend 50 crystals on a refresh anyway to get to the top. And you usually have enough battles to not have to do max jump and still have some left over.

I'm sure if hitting them was literally your only option, and your payout was first, most shards understand that you have to do what you have to do. Though if that's your only option, you really need better mods.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

Sorry are u one of them?

LOL! Nope. But if you had responded to me like you did in some of your screenshots (calling them selfish and bullies, when they approached you politely in a chat) I wouldn't think twice about making you a priority target. I prefer playing nicely and not messing with other players' payouts but if a guy is rude like you were I would have enjoyed battling you whenever possible.

• Options

Also, such a general statement is not really true, as there are many chats that do not operate in this fashion..
  • Options

Sorry when did i decline an invitation? Another one I did go offensive as he just messed with my po at that moment. He did ask me "why don't u join". I never said no. It's all abt the terms. I don't think he can invite me in as up to now I've contacted players not in their group, one player said he wasn't even in their group but just get informed by sb else on who to avoid; one player said they don't want him in. Plus that guy also said i have to "play nice with them", which means I have to accept their unreasonable request of not attacking them when their po is 4 hrs later? Btw that guy said "keep the moms and wives out of this while you're at it". So he's not rude at all?

It makes you wonder
    How "moms and wives" were brought up
    To get that response...
  • Options

Also, such a general statement is not really true, as there are many chats that do not operate in this fashion..

the very next sentence in the post you're quoting: "Most are just trying to maximize PO and minimize issues"
  • Options

the very next sentence in the post you're quoting: "Most are just trying to maximize PO and minimize issues"

That does still happen,
    Even with "shard mafias".
    Why else make a chat?
  • TVF
    36634 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Obviously everyone joins a chat to be mean to others.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

That does still happen,
    Why else make a chat?

That's exactly my point. You get an advantage by being in a shard chat. You're disadvantaged by being excluded. I know each one is different and they're not all laying down for each other and ganging up on others. I doubt 'most' are really maximizing the payouts for their entire shard. Just for those in the chat. So the exclusivity of the chat seems unfair to me.
  • Options

That does still happen,
    Why else make a chat?

That's exactly my point. You get an advantage by being in a shard chat. You're disadvantaged by being excluded. I know each one is different and they're not all laying down for each other and ganging up on others. I doubt 'most' are really maximizing the payouts for their entire shard. Just for those in the chat. So the exclusivity of the chat seems unfair to me.

Now that was your point?
    You called Kyno out for it,
    That is what he said.
  • Options

That does still happen,
    Why else make a chat?

Now that was your point?
    That is what he said.

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, is it?

Ok, which is it?
    You agree with Kyno's point,
    Or you take issue?

I agree with your point.

"That does still happen,
    Why else make a chat?"

..that shard chats are an advantage...otherwise why else make a chat? And that advantage is often unfair in my opinion. Does that help?
  • Options

That does still happen,
    Why else make a chat?

You can't help those that refuse to join the chat so yes, shard chats only help those that participate.

And yes, there may be some that are exclusive but I would say that is the exception rather than the rule. Most will let anyone in that frequently hits the top 20 or that asks to be in.

Some may want to see that the new person will be at the top consistently enough to be worth tracking. After all, if you're sitting at 200 those in the top 5 don't care when your payout is.

I also doubt many at the top have to have mods removed to get there. Having to remove mods or switch to a worse team just to let someone get first really is a pain. Most are of the opinion that if you want to be at the top, you still have to beat the teams.

The shard chat I'm in is solely for tracking payouts to avoid unnecessarily sniping each other. That and to occasionally theory craft. It is a discord chat after all.

The only time I recall having people remove mods was after a meta shift when one guy with god mods sat at the top through several people's payouts. Then for the good of everyone he would remove mods to drop enough so first wasn't taken by him all day.
  • Options

That does still happen,
    Why else make a chat?

You can't help those that refuse to join the chat so yes, shard chats only help those that participate.

And yes, there may be some that are exclusive but I would say that is the exception rather than the rule. Most will let anyone in that frequently hits the top 20 or that asks to be in.

Some may want to see that the new person will be at the top consistently enough to be worth tracking. After all, if you're sitting at 200 those in the top 5 don't care when your payout is.

I also doubt many at the top have to have mods removed to get there. Having to remove mods or switch to a worse team just to let someone get first really is a pain. Most are of the opinion that if you want to be at the top, you still have to beat the teams.

The shard chat I'm in is solely for tracking payouts to avoid unnecessarily sniping each other. That and to occasionally theory craft. It is a discord chat after all.

The only time I recall having people remove mods was after a meta shift when one guy with god mods sat at the top through several people's payouts. Then for the good of everyone he would remove mods to drop enough so first wasn't taken by him all day.

I'm glad you have had this experience with your shard chat and I'm sure a lot are that way, but they're not all that nice. Definitely not willing to share the top payouts they've grown accustomed to.
  • Options

That does still happen,
    Why else make a chat?

Now that was your point?
    That is what he said.

Ok, which is it?
    Or you take issue?

I agree with your point.

"That does still happen,
    Why else make a chat?"

..that shard chats are an advantage...otherwise why else make a chat? And that advantage is often unfair in my opinion. Does that help?

How's it unfair? Are you not able to also communicate with those around you to do the same? The same rules apply to all. If there is a group at the top that are running it like a mafia, then there are are probably 90 other people in the top 100 that aren't for that. If they all start a shard chat and cooperate the same, then you have the same chance that they do. So not unfair.

I would also argue that your ability to play well with others is a vital component to this game. Other than gac, pretty much every game mode requires you to communicate with your guild.

Those skills are transferrable when you have a shard chat. Those that can get along will do well and those that can't won't. Just like if you can't get along with a guild you will soon be booted and have less success in other game modes. Is that also unfair?
  • Options

That does still happen,
    Why else make a chat?

Now that was your point?
    That is what he said.

Ok, which is it?
    Or you take issue?

I agree with your point.

"That does still happen,
    Why else make a chat?"

How's it unfair? Are you not able to also communicate with those around you to do the same? The same rules apply to all. If there is a group at the top that are running it like a mafia, then there are are probably 90 other people in the top 100 that aren't for that. If they all start a shard chat and cooperate the same, then you have the same chance that they do. So not unfair.

I would also argue that your ability to play well with others is a vital component to this game. Other than gac, pretty much every game mode requires you to communicate with your guild.

Those skills are transferrable when you have a shard chat. Those that can get along will do well and those that can't won't. Just like if you can't get along with a guild you will soon be booted and have less success in other game modes. Is that also unfair?

I don't think the vast majority of players know shard chats even exist, since they exist outside the game. They're at a disadvantage.
  • Options

That does still happen,
    Why else make a chat?

I'm glad you have had this experience with your shard chat and I'm sure a lot are that way, but they're not all that nice. Definitely not willing to share the top payouts they've grown accustomed to.

That depends on the individual person. Some are ok with sharing, some will want 1st every day, and some are ok with taking 2nd or 3rd if they share.

I have my payout late at night so I don't have to climb during dinner and during raids. Apparently at least on my shard most don't want such a late payout because you miss one energy refresh due to it being the middle of the night. I think the convience is worth it.

But before they let you choose the payout, I shared with a few others. We didn't really have a formal arrangement. More like a 1st come first serve. Even then, had I gotten to 1st before them and they sniped me to 2nd everyday, that wouldn't be the worst thing anyway. I do believe that you should at least knock them the least amount possible if their payout is coming up.

But now with payouts being able to be changed, if you join a chat and the payout you have is already occupied by a few people, you can change it or come to some kind of arrangement. Once again being able to play well with others matters.
  • Options

That does still happen,
    Why else make a chat?

Now that was your point?
    That is what he said.

Ok, which is it?
    Or you take issue?

I agree with your point.

"That does still happen,
    Why else make a chat?"

I don't think the vast majority of players know shard chats even exist, since they exist outside the game. They're at a disadvantage.

The vast majority of players aren't very competitive in arena. There are 80 players sitting in the top 100 alone and the same 20 or so climbing to 1st. That isn't because of the shard chats. It's because they don't have a top 20 team.

As a ftp player that doesn't have either gl, but still climbs to 1st with counter teams, I occasionally fall to the 40s or 50s or farther on a bad day. But my team can beat the teams in the top ten. But anyway, the quality of mods outside of the top 30 or so is pretty low.

And it is even worse outside of the top 100. I took an 8 mo break awhile back and fell to about 205 in that time. The climb back through the 100s was a joke. And that was with an 8 mo old counter team.

So yes, the majority of players don't have a need for a shard chat.

However, if you start climbing to the top 10 frequently, it is only a matter of time before you find out about it due to inadvertently snipping people in the chat and then having them reach out to you. Or at least to ask you not to snipe them. Then that's where playing well with others come in. If you are nice, you'll probably be invited in. But if you're not, then you may be excluded and targeted.