Shard chats can be a bad thing

Prev13
IvanSkywalker
25 posts Member
edited August 2020
Hi guys,

I have been playing for 4.5+ years with ~5.7m GP. In the past months, I have been able to climb top 30 but a few guys in the shard have been asking me not to attack them when their PO is 4-6 hours later than mine! This is absolutely unreasonable to make such a selfish and arrogant request. 2 hour could be reasonable but at least 4 hrs? They are mostly from Russian group claiming they have to climb early and that I cannot attack them. They have a shard chat apparently after they said "everyone will target me" and then at least 3 of the guys have been targeting me like some bullies during my PO when I climb around/through them. They are working as a group to try to dominate and take control of the whole shard for their OWN benefits. It's like they are the only ones who need to climb and others not n their group are not allowed doing so. My PO is at least 4 hours earlier than theirs (not even around) and I have every reason to climb during my PO. It is rude and selfish to ask me not to attack them while keep messing with my PO. Honestly, shard chat could be an effective way to share the rewards among the group but I don't think its a good thing anymore if a bunch of selfish players are bullying others who are not in their group and not letting them to climb. After all, its a community involving players from all around the world and not just the shard chat group!

This bullying happens whenever I get around their range over the last few months. I am tired of this non-sense and have been asking CG/EA to do something against them (not much progress atm). If the game works in this environment with these selfish arrogant groups, there is no fun or fair play at all as the arenas are just occupied by those bulliers and a lot of players will give up playing. So I am genuinely asking if anyone knows how this problem can be solved or how I can get these players banned or just switch to another shard. Hope you guys can help me.

Sidenote to CG group on some of the improvements you can work on:
1. Allow people to select multiple shipments in stores
2. Shorten the time of free pack
3. Allow people to sell mods right at the moment they get them as rewards
4. Increase the mod storage size
5. The whole GL thing is stupid. So much farming. So much new energy farming after the crazy farming. So much time needed for mirror matches
6. LS GEOTB is still way too difficult
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    There isnt a way to switch arena. You could switch your payout to something different.

Though this post will likely cause them to come after you more.
  • Options
    Definitely increase mod storage.
  • UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    I kinda feel like you missed an opportunity with [Name removed] there. He offered you a chance to join, but you went on the offensive.

Don't get me wrong, it is very unfair those with the later payouts are locking you out, and the first two are just plain rude, but I think you made a poor decision there.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Options
    Start a second shard chat, have that group work towards gl, so you can all climb, and then start doing the same to them. Gotta give em a war. If that's all they understand, and that is the only tool available to you.
  • Isopropyl4Life
    1 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Don't think CG will ban you for your post. . . there's no way you violated anything from their ToS. But yeah, it probably would've been a good idea for you to join their top 20s shard chat when [name removed] invited. Maybe ask him again so you can join? [Name removed] seems most reasonable out of all of them.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    People who do shard chats forfeit any right to brag about their arena placement.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    It's quite ironic that you are the one calling [name removed] and others rude and selfish @IvanSkywalker. Some of them just made polite requests. With that attitude you brought this on yourself. Try a polite approach next time. Try working with them instead of against them. Or join them, even.

What exactly did you expect EA/CG to do? It's an arena. They are not going to prevent players from targeting you.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    People who do shard chats forfeit any right to brag about their arena placement.

Shard chats are not a monolith.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    There isnt a way to switch arena. You could switch your payout to something different.

Though this post will likely cause them to come after you more.

Very likely but the situation never gets better. This is the only way I can voice out.
  • IvanSkywalker
    25 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    I kinda feel like you missed an opportunity with [name removed]there. He offered you a chance to join, but you went on the offensive.

Don't get me wrong, it is very unfair those with the later payouts are locking you out, and the first two are just plain rude, but I think you made a poor decision there.

Maybe I went a little offensive coz at that time I just got dropped again and again. [Name removed] seems less rude comparing to them but I don't think [name removed] is the person in charge. I don't know whos in charge. But the message I got before was "DO NOT ATTACK THEM". They never invited me in. Even if I'm invited, it's not a right thing to join a bully group to bully others with at least several hours before me. That's my personal thoughts. Plus I chatted with another players in the shard and it seems it's not that easy to get into the group (possibly because of regulating the number of players so they can exploit the most benefits).
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Options
    Aandien wrote: »
    Start a second shard chat, have that group work towards gl, so you can all climb, and then start doing the same to them. Gotta give em a war. If that's all they understand, and that is the only tool available to you.

Could be a good idea. But the problem is my shard have like 25-30 GL. Most of them are in the top 20 and probably in the same shard chat. So it will be difficult to counter them...
  • IvanSkywalker
    25 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Don't think CG will ban you for your post. . . there's no way you violated anything from their ToS. But yeah, it probably would've been a good idea for you to join their top 20s shard chat when Zeeke invited. Maybe ask him again so you can join? Zeeke seems most reasonable out of all of them.

I don't think [name removed]is the person in charge. I don't know whos in charge. But the message I got at first place was "DO NOT ATTACK THEM". They never invited me in. Even if I'm invited, it's not a right thing to join a bully group to bully others with at least several hours before me. That's my personal thoughts. Plus I chatted with another players in the shard and it seems it's not that easy to get into the group (possibly because of regulating the number of players so they can exploit the most benefits).
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Darth_DeVito
    1233 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    It's very understandable that you feel attacked and persecuted by them, but you have to realize that their only goal is a steady crystal income for everyone without annoyances like being sniped at the last minute. They don't want to start a feud with you, they'd like you to join and benefit from their arrangement.

If you view it like this, the only reasonable thing to do is to play along. You don't have to make nice with them or interact with them at all on a day-to-day basis. Just tell them your payout time and let them point you to a list of their payouts. No further stress, no one wastes crystals, everyone wins. What's not to like?
  • Options
    Shard mafias are such a terrible thing. I wish cg would crack down on this stuff and just get rid of it. Hide everyone's names in arena and the problem would be solved.
  • IvanSkywalker
    25 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    It's quite ironic that you are the one calling [name removed] and others rude and selfish @IvanSkywalker. Some of them just made polite requests. With that attitude you brought this on yourself. Try a polite approach next time. Try working with them instead of against them. Or join them, even.

What exactly did you expect EA/CG to do? It's an arena. They are not going to prevent players from targeting you.

Those screenshots [they were removed, edit:Kyno] are just a part of the chat! Before that, they have already asked me not to attack them when I climbed! Then i checked on their PO and realized their PO are at least 4 hrs after me. Then I told them "it doesn't make sense to ask me not to attack them". But then they said "they have to climb early". Then who I am supposed to hit during my climb? Days by days, they keep attacking me as a bully whenever I get around them. Who will ask a person getting bullied to be polite with the bullies?
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • IvanSkywalker
    25 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    It's very understandable that you feel attacked and persecuted by them, but you have to realize that their only goal is a steady crystal income for everyone without annoyances like being sniped at the last minute. They don't want to start a feud with you, they'd like you to join and benefit from their arrangement.

If you view it like this, the only reasonable thing to do is to play along. You don't have to make nice with them or interact with them at all on a day-to-day basis. Just tell them your payout time and let them point you to a list of their payouts. No further stress, no one wastes crystals, everyone wins. What's not to like?

Thats what a shard chat supposed to be like. But they are not working like this. My PO is at least 4 hrs before them. I always get the highest possible jump and I don't see why sometimes they are at my possible jump and I can't hit them? It's at least 4 hrs! I never heard of a chat not allowing people to attack in a 4 hrs range. All I ask for is I can avoid people in 2 hrs range but it's not reasonable for 4+ hrs & they don't drop me right before my PO & I never attack after my PO if they don't mess with my mine. That's what a normal shard chat works like.

And I have actually pointed my PO to another person of the chat and asked for a list of people within 2 hrs range for mutual avoidance. But no agreement!

[Images removed, edit:Kyno]
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    yankeeh8er wrote: »
    Shard mafias are such a terrible thing. I wish cg would crack down on this stuff and just get rid of it. Hide everyone's names in arena and the problem would be solved.

That would actually benefit CG by reducing the number of crystals paid out to the player-base, so stop giving them ideas.

Shard chats that work together benefit the players.
  • Ltswb1
    550 posts Member
    Options
    Arena needs to go away. It’s a boring and pointless waste of time. Spread the awards out to other areas and just get rid of it. There’s too much reward placed on an area of the game that rewards cheating and collusion.
  • IvanSkywalker
    25 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Even one of the players in the shard who ranked top 10 said 4 is not reasonable but [names removed] just ignore my thoughts of an agreement. Today before I start to climb at 28, [name removed] dropped me to 33. Then when I finally climb to 16 and see [name removed] dropped me to 19 before my PO.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    You need to actually get in the chat rather than talking with one or two people in this roundabout way.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    You need to actually get in the chat rather than talking with one or two people in this roundabout way.

We dont agree often... bit this is sound advice.

Op. You want to work with them to get the best you can get. Them hating you and sniping you will cost you wins, crystals and money to stay ahead of them
  • Options
    the exclusivity of shard chats make it sure seem like cheating to me... gaining an unfair advantage relative to others not invited to the chat. It can go a step further toward cheating when people actually remove mods or put in trash teams to let shard chat members move up while targeting others who, often out of ignorance of others payouts, get targeted by a shard mafia
  • Options
    Sounds like the best way to lock 20+ people out from ever making top 10. If there is a shard chat, a portion of those will either be spenders or F2P that have been getting 500+ crystals daily for quite a while.

By the time this second 'shard' you want to go to war with will have the GLs ready, there will probably be a meta shift.
  • Options
    Sounds like the best way to lock 20+ people out from ever making top 10. If there is a shard chat, a portion of those will either be spenders or F2P that have been getting 500+ crystals daily for quite a while.

By the time this second 'shard' you want to go to war with will have the GLs ready, there will probably be a meta shift.

Exactly from what I've seen most of the people not in the shard group does not have GL. When they have GL ready, there's probably meta shift. And I reckon the group of shard chat are mostly spenders as most get GLs pretty fast since the release.
  • Options
    Btw I just approached one of the guys not in their group and he said they didn't want him in before. So I am suspecting this group of players just wanna benefit themselves for the top 20 and exclude everyone out of top 20 and see them as enemies when stepping into their "occupied territories".
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    I'm hearing a different story from the other side now, which is usually the case.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    the exclusivity of shard chats make it sure seem like cheating to me... gaining an unfair advantage relative to others not invited to the chat. It can go a step further toward cheating when people actually remove mods or put in trash teams to let shard chat members move up while targeting others who, often out of ignorance of others payouts, get targeted by a shard mafia

Seeming like cheating and being cheating are not the same thing.

Unfortunately they are not violating anything by organizing in this way, or removing mods/changing teams to allow someone an easy win.

Also, such a general statement is not really true, as there are many chats that do not operate in this fashion. Most are just trying to maximize PO and minimize issues.
  • Options
    Btw I just approached one of the guys not in their group and he said they didn't want him in before. So I am suspecting this group of players just wanna benefit themselves for the top 20 and exclude everyone out of top 20 and see them as enemies when stepping into their "occupied territories".
    They are not necessarily spenders, they've just been at the top long enough. The thing is, usually most members had one of the best team around a meta shift at some point, and they got access to the shard, so now even if they are behind, they get the benefit of having mods removed for them.

However, in most shards you need to earn access, you will probably never get it if you are always two metas behind. Why do you think someone deserves to take rank 1 when 20+ players adapted to a meta shift and the said person in still running GAS or DR?
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Unfortunately they are not violating anything by organizing in this way, or removing mods/changing teams to allow someone an easy win.

Also, such a general statement is not really true, as there are many chats that do not operate in this fashion. Most are just trying to maximize PO and minimize issues.

I don't suppose you can prove the majority of shard chats are friendly open to anyone and willing to rotate payouts equally, can you? Because it sounds like you are calling me a liar when I described my view of shard chats...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

I don't suppose you can prove the majority of shard chats are friendly open to anyone and willing to rotate payouts equally, can you? Because it sounds like you are calling me a liar when I described my view of shard chats...

No I did not, not even in the slightest.

Just that your generalization is not accurate, as most generalizations are not....hence "generalizations". They also tend to be based on localised personal experience, and not empirical evidence.

I have spoken to many players on many fronts, just for my own edification. Also, I didnt say the majority. You can search through and look at many of the places people tend to look for and complain about such groups and judge for yourself, but again that's not empirical and has significant bias and gaps. Either way, there are a lot of shard chats and definitely less complaints.