Please renew the Arena system

Prev13
ComandanteJ
31 posts Member
edited January 2021
I think it would be necessary to renew the arena system for two fundamental reasons:
-A day that you cannot fight for work or social life is a day lost and that affects your plans for your account.
-The other reason is because of the mafias that are mounted. Some of them think they own the game and it's not fair that my winnings depend on two or three players who lead that mob. If you are lucky you will enter, otherwise you will be bothered for life. The game is not yours.

I would propose a system similar to the one now in which you have 5 attempts without time and depending on the position obtained you will be given the rewards.

What do you think? I understand that those of you who live in mafias are very comfortable, it's normal. I await your opinions!
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    This has been suggested countless times. It will never happen because CG would have to pay out way more crystals.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • LordDirt
    5010 posts Member
    Options
    Too expensive
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    This has been suggested countless times. It will never happen because CG would have to pay out way more crystals.

I supposed it, I think we would gain quality of life
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options

I supposed it, I think we would gain quality of life

CG doesn't care.
  • Ultra
    11505 posts Moderator
    Options
    > CG touches arena
    > its much worse, and heavily monetized

I prefer they ignore both arenas
  • Ultra
    11505 posts Moderator
    Options
    also i suspect OP does not have a GL and doesn't hold rank in arena
  • Options
    I think it would be necessary to leave arena as it is for one fundamental reason: arena is fine as it is.
  • Options
    I agree Arena could be improved in numerous ways, however I also agree that if CG in their infinite wisdom come up with said changes it will not be the outcome we would hope for.
  • Options
    Cats-and-NIMBY-Scared-Cat1.gif

Arena is fine. If you value PO that much, join a shard chat. It's better for everyone to work together to optimize payouts and minimize refreshes. Competition and infighting only benefits CG. If CG touched arena they would reduce the average crystal PO received by players. I rely on that crystal income to avoid spending on crystals. All the nope.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »

This and they might have also annoyed half the people in the shard by sniping at bad times. It's always amusing how the OP in these situations always sounds altruistic until we hear the other points of view.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

This and they might have also annoyed half the people in the shard by sniping at bad times. It's always amusing how the OP in these situations always sounds altruistic until we hear the other points of view.

Thanks for the Andrew Ryan flashbacks - "It's not impossible to live with the shard mafia, it's impossible to life without it.".
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Options
    Pass pass and pass.
  • Options
    just reduce the timer between matches...its ridiculous to spend an hour to play 5 matches.
  • Options
    I think it would be necessary to renew the arena system for two fundamental reasons:
    -A day that you cannot fight for work or social life is a day lost and that affects your plans for your account.
    -The other reason is because of the mafias that are mounted. Some of them think they own the game and it's not fair that my winnings depend on two or three players who lead that mob. If you are lucky you will enter, otherwise you will be bothered for life. The game is not yours.

I would propose a system similar to the one now in which you have 5 attempts without time and depending on the position obtained you will be given the rewards.

What do you think? I understand that those of you who live in mafias are very comfortable, it's normal. I await your opinions!

Ok so I'll address both issues.

1. The real life getting in the way of the game. This has been reduced a great deal by being able to change your payout. Yes real life does get in the way sometimes but missing a day here and there isn't the end of the world.

2. Shard chats. If you learn to play well with others they are great. Much better than randomly hitting each other because no one knows when everyone's payout is. Part of this game is being able to play well with others. This is most notable in guild events but with shard chats, it is important to not be anti social for that game mode too.

Most shard chats have mostly good people who just want to avoid being hit unnecessarily. There are a few people that don't play well and snipe and don't want to join. They then think they should get the benefits while still not playing by the rules established.

And if you want to be competitive in this game, you probably need discord anyway. Most any competitive guilds require it in fact. So adding a channel to see your shards payout isn't too much of an issue.

But you don't have to join one if you don't. But if half of your top 50 try to not hit each other due to an agreement, then you're more likely to get hit. And if you end up sniping people, then they may target you. I haven't seen anyone targeted without receiving a message first at least since the messaging in the game got better.

Typically if someone snioes me, I message them and ask them when their payout is and see if they'll agree to not snipe me and I agree not to snipe them. Or I invite them to the shard chat if they want to join. Everytime I see people asking others to target someone for sniping them, it's after, they have reached out to them and tried to talk to them first.

So overall, I think shard chats make things easier if you can get along with others. Rather than change the system, learn to get along with others.
  • Luk3
    31 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Options

LOL
  • Options
    What if the people in the shard chat don't let you join the club?
  • Options
    The only alteration the arena system needs is day 1 and crowded squad and fleet arena mix ups.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    TAZZZOOO wrote: »
    The only alteration the arena system needs is day 1 and crowded squad and fleet arena mix ups.

Why would day 1 arenas need mixing up? Too inactive?
  • Options
    Arena is fine, i myself find myself on the cusp of cracking top 50 and have wondered how i would deal with the chard chats when the situation presents itself. My conclusion is to roll with the punches and not lose any sleep over it. The game is a distraction from life for me and not meant to be a time consuming endeavor. Never, once did i find myself thinking i should lobby CG to change the system. The game is fun and serves its purpose,

I look at the chard chat cabals as another form of game play that one needs to master. Join a chat, fight the chat, ignore the chat , do whatever you want. Just remember each choice has its rewards and pitfalls.

Just remember, no one cares about how you do in this game outside of this game. Its like the golden rule of Fantasy Football or fantasy sports. No one cares about your team.

So enjoy life and have some perspective.

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    TAZZZOOO wrote: »

What exactly do you hope to accomplish by mixing them up? How would you mix them up?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    What if the people in the shard chat don't let you join the club?

Make your own Club.
    Work around them.
    Negotiate with them.
  • Options
    Fleet shards need merging. Cant fall below 50 if I tried.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Xlor1 wrote: »

Wow, must be nice.

Not landing in the 50s most days would also be nice in my shard.
  • Options
    Xlor1 wrote: »

Oh that easy crystal income must be a right bind.
  • SmokeyJoe320
    931 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Lol the mafia has spoken! There will be no changes!!

I haven't been on this board in a long time and I remember this exact thread from 3 years ago.... And 2 years ago... And...
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    I mean, I guess you can call logic a mafia if you want.
  • Options
    I mean, I guess you can call logic a mafia if you want.

I wouldn't call shard chats a mafia. More like a syndicate.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Adamklark wrote: »
    there are normal chats and maffia chats, sadly mafia ones won't be addressed and fixed soon (or never)

The only fix is a complete overhaul, to basically make a whole new game mode. This has been discussed before, once or twice. Since the communication happens outside the game it's not a simple thing to change.

A new game mode that would be the new source of crystal income being introduced while taking away this one, at this late stage in the game would probably be a really big blow to the community and wouldnt end well.
This discussion has been closed.