"Be the change you want to see in the world."

Replies

• Options
    @BrobiWanKenobi , I find it **** that someone should equate using the easiest farmable toons who just happen to be the meta too with integrity or lack thereof as you suggest with your 1st point "play with integrity". What does that even mean?

TLDR: Complain about how the game structure promotes this meta thing or whatever. Don't insult others who are tackling the meta/ gameplay the most efficient way they can. Different, my #$$!

@Azraelrulez Who I was addressing in saying "play with integrity" were people that were complaining about characters being on enemy squads and then taking advantage of those exact characters to beat others. If you read posts for what they actually mean, rather than glancing them over and then making grossly incorrect reductions that cause you to feel insulted, you'll realize that I'm not taking a shot at you. I explicitly said in my post that I have no problem with your strategy. #readingcomprehension
  • bbmiLo
    378 posts Member
    Options
    trellent wrote: »
    For many, the change they want to see is a #1 next to their names on the leaderboard.

personally, if i am given the same reward as #1 in arena, i would not even play arena. all i care about is the reward, for F2P, without those reward, you barely can refresh a round of catina, which will make the game nearly unplayable.
  • Options
    @BrobiWanKenobi , I find it **** that someone should equate using the easiest farmable toons who just happen to be the meta too with integrity or lack thereof as you suggest with your 1st point "play with integrity". What does that even mean?

TLDR: Complain about how the game structure promotes this meta thing or whatever. Don't insult others who are tackling the meta/ gameplay the most efficient way they can. Different, my #$$!

@Azraelrulez Who I was addressing in saying "play with integrity" were people that were complaining about characters being on enemy squads and then taking advantage of those exact characters to beat others. If you read posts for what they actually mean, rather than glancing them over and then making grossly incorrect reductions that cause you to feel insulted, you'll realize that I'm not taking a shot at you. I explicitly said in my post that I have no problem with your strategy. #readingcomprehension

You completely contradict yourself by saying "I have nothing against those players that farmed those characters" but then you accuse them of "selling out," being "irritating," adding "blandness," "shutting their brain off," lacking integrity, etc. So can you please explain the purpose of this post other than to attack those that don't share your vision of how you think a game should be played? I get that people constantly posting nerf posts or venting about the current Dooku dodge teams can get tiresome, but to blatantly condescend those that don't share your view is worse than any of those posts. Your post would have had a lot more value add to the forum if you had left off the obvious insults and the passive aggressiveness. Even in your post above, you are still taking shots at people that play how they want to play but not as you want them to play.
  • Options
    You completely contradict yourself by saying "I have nothing against those players that farmed those characters" but then you accuse them of "selling out," being "irritating," adding "blandness," "shutting their brain off," lacking integrity, etc. So can you please explain the purpose of this post other than to attack those that don't share your vision of how you think a game should be played? I get that people constantly posting nerf posts or venting about the current Dooku dodge teams can get tiresome, but to blatantly condescend those that don't share your view is worse than any of those posts. Your post would have had a lot more value add to the forum if you had left off the obvious insults and the passive aggressiveness. Even in your post above, you are still taking shots at people that play how they want to play but not as you want them to play.

@clarkdiesel

Lose to a character + complain about said character being "OP" on the forums + go farm and take advantage of that exact character
    = a lack of integrity

Use any character you like + adjust strategy when you lose (without complaining)
    = integrity

This post is aimed at hypocritical complainers. You're missing the point.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Nonemo wrote: »
    hnewton wrote: »
    I agree with this. but at the same time, its near impossible to get top 5 in arena with none of these characters.

Can't have it all. If you play to win, you gotta adjust to what everybody else does. And that means, less fun and creativity.

True. But less crystals means less of an ability to grind those fun toons.

I've spent enough that I don't have to worry about that at all; but you can't hate on people that don't and have chosen the most prosperous and successful model of play.
  • clarkdiesel
    306 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    @BrobiWanKenobi

That makes more sense. I get what you are saying now and can agree with that. Your original post is not clear as to whom your point is directed to and can be interpreted as going after anyone that chases the current meta. Thanks for clearing it up.

• Options
    Telaan wrote: »
    Nonemo wrote: »
    I agree with this. but at the same time, its near impossible to get top 5 in arena with none of these characters.

Can't have it all. If you play to win, you gotta adjust to what everybody else does. And that means, less fun and creativity.

True. But less crystals means less of an ability to grind those fun toons.

I've spent enough that I don't have to worry about that at all; but you can't hate on people that don't and have chosen the most prosperous and successful model of play.

Yup, good points raised. As I said above, this was aimed at complainers and not those who choose the "the most successful model of play" as you put it. No issue there.

I wonder what this game would be like with a balanced character set.
  • Options
    @clarkdiesel Edited the original post for more clarity, thanks.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options

@clarkdiesel

Lose to a character + complain about said character being "OP" on the forums + go farm and take advantage of that exact character
    = a lack of integrity

Use any character you like + adjust strategy when you lose (without complaining)
    = integrity

This post is aimed at hypocritical complainers. You're missing the point.

in·teg·ri·ty
    inˈteɡrədē/
    noun
    the quality of being honest and having strong moral principles; moral uprightness.

That's ridiculous. How does someone jumping on the bandwagon in order to be competitive, but voicing their displeasure at the current state of things mean they're morally bankrupt or dishonest?

Playing with the same failed group of subpar toons repeatedly and expecting different results, when nothing else has changed, is the definition of insanity. Some people simply have a goal of being the best they're able to be, but also have the desire to see their favorite toon(s) be viable. If that means shelving their favorite toons in order to be competitive, so be it.
  • Options
    Happy endings are always nice to see =)
  • Options
    It seems like the first step for a large portion of the players complaining about Dooku/GS/etc being OP is to turn around and start farming those exact characters as fast as they can, in the hope of becoming more "competitive". That's almost as irritating as your complaining in the first place - by doing so you're selling out strategically and adding even more blandness and imbalance to the meta, perpetuating the cycle of complaining (and increasing the likelihood of the devs to nerf characters unnecessarily).

There are a definitely a few characters I find annoying as **** to play against. I've refused to farm Dooku, Daka, GS and others because their mechanics irritate me (they are not OP) and I'd rather find another way to beat them than shut my brain off strategically and fight fire with fire. I have nothing against people who've farmed those characters, they just don't appeal to me.

My encouragement:
    1. Play with integrity
    - be the change you want to see
    2. Choose your own path
    - the meta is constantly changing and the best toons today could be irrelevant tomorrow
    3. Always be farming at least 1 toon purely for fun
    - it's much more rewarding in the long run

+9001

Perfect post. I've been spewing this vitriol since December but it seems like no one wants to have any fun.

But hey, good luck everyone with your level 100 team of Sidious Dooku Phasma Luminara and (insert fifth hero here). How boring in must be. :/

Sour grapes. You must get beaten by that team often.
    I happen to enjoy the characters you mentioned and I enjoy playing them.
    Btw, my 5th is Royal Guard and I love it!
  • Options

I'd rather find another way to beat them than shut my brain off strategically and fight fire with fire.

So, implying that anyone who uses the "meta" (fire) to fight the "meta" (fire) is shutting off their brains strategically, is also a statement only against hypocrites. Sorry my #readingcomprehension is whacked.

Maybe you really were targeting hypocrites, but if you yourself had any #readingcomprehension, you would notice that the sum total of your statements combined with the brain freeze quote sound exactly as everyone here understood them. Read all the posts supporting or lambasting you. So everyone here either suffer from #readingcomprehension or maybe you weren't as stealthy as you thought you were. Or maybe just a poor choice of words on your side.

Whatever, I'm out of here. You may have the last word. Feel free to play the game in your enlightened way. The Force is with you.

• Options
    Short lived
  • BrobiWanKenobi
    277 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    @Telaan My word choice could have been better I guess. However, I feel like most people define integrity in this context as "doing the same things as you say". I don't know if your post was intended to be facetious but I think you get the point of the post.

I don't expect people to try and fail repeatedly with their current characters, which is why I encouraged others to use different strategies (which includes upgrading and farming new toons) as a first response to challenging/annoying characters.
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Options

CMf6cBfh.jpg
    This Chief Chirpa, Teebo, Ewok Elder, Ewok Scout, Old Daka team begs to differ.

+1
  • Options
    darkensoul wrote: »
    Short lived

Haha, sorry I came back @BrobiWanKenobi , this required a response. Read your edited post and I'm cool with it. I'm inclined to believe it really was a poor choice of words. If it matters, peace!
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    @Telaan My word choice could have been better I guess. However, I feel like most people define integrity in this context as "doing the same things as you say". I don't know if your post was intended to be facetious but I think you get the point of the post.

I don't expect people to try and fail repeatedly with their current characters, which is why I encouraged others to use different strategies (which includes upgrading and farming new toons) as a first response to challenging/annoying characters.

Gotcha. No worries. I agree that your word choice probably caused most of the push back associated with all this.
  • Options
    I'd rather find another way to beat them than shut my brain off strategically and fight fire with fire.

So, implying that anyone who uses the "meta" (fire) to fight the "meta" (fire) is shutting off their brains strategically, is also a statement only against hypocrites. Sorry my #readingcomprehension is whacked.

@Azraelrulez Yes, in the context of my thread calling out hypocrites, I made a targeted statement against hypocrites. Interpret it how you like.

I can't remember having seen you complain on these forums before... I'm not sure why you insist on being offended by statements that weren't addressed to you. Boiled down, what I'm advocating for is a more diverse meta and less complaining... Flame away I guess.
  • Naugrin
    686 posts Member
    Options
    MrClean621 wrote: »
    I have a ton of fun playing this game. I am competitive with a few different team comps. I am always experimenting and trying to find ways to make my squad better. I rarely complain on here but when I see something happening in the game that I think is ridiculous I'm going to speak my mind about it.

I keep reading where people are saying "its lazy to complain about it... Find a way to beat it". IMO that is too general of a statement in the case of evasion. When you get into a match where the AI dodge rate is on steroids, there is no strategy to beat it other than join it. I beat evasion squads more often than I lose to them but that is not the point that some of us are trying to make. Running into a squad where the RNG decides it will allow the opponent to evade at a rate more than twice as high as the advertised rate isn't much different than the Poe coin flip was or the QGJ/GS coin flips. It just takes a bit longer to realize you aren't going to win that match. The majority of people that truly wanted a better game experience agreed that something needed/needs to be done about the speed based meta whether they own those chars or not, but defend this evasion meta.

I have actually seen specific posters that complained about QGJ... attacking others that complain about Dooku/evasion.

Running into an evasion rate that high should be an extremely rare occurrence if you do the math, but it's not. In my experience it happens at about a 30-40% clip. I could walk into a battle and get wasted by a squad (regardless of my team comp or theirs), turn around and battle the same squad 5 minutes later and wipe the floor with them. Should their really be that high of a variance?

Everybody keeps saying that high evasion allows for more strategy. I respectfully disagree. If anything it takes strategy out of the equation. I could assemble the perfect squad to counter the opponent, make every correct move during the battle and still lose if they are dodging everything I throw at them. Where is the strategy in that?

I think the big discrepancy in opinions comes down to luck. Some people simply aren't running into the insane dodge rate so they think people are whining over the normal dodge rate. A reasonable amount of dodge is great. Too much evasion just takes all strategy and fun out of the game.

Trash away!

They're making massive changes in just a couple of weeks, everyone complaining about Dooku is beating a dead horse.
    images-6.jpeg
  • Options

@Azraelrulez Yes, in the context of my thread calling out hypocrites, I made a targeted statement against hypocrites. Interpret it how you like.

I can't remember having seen you complain on these forums before... I'm not sure why you insist on being offended by statements that weren't addressed to you. Boiled down, what I'm advocating for is a more diverse meta and less complaining... Flame away I guess.

Haha, so no peace! Gotcha!

P.S. Your original words were flame bait. You seem to agree, so much so that you even edited them. Whatever, I'm really out of here now. No wisecracks while exiting so that you don't get an unstoppable urge to quote me again. You're not interested in my peace offering and I'd rather go back to trolling all over than go back and forth with you.
  • Options
    @Azraelrulez I hadn't seen your other post until I refreshed my page, that's my bad. I wasn't trying to troll or bring you back to argue - difficult to convey tone over the internet (as we've seen). I can respect what you're saying. Have a good one.
  • Options
    Nice talk! I've been ignoring Qgj and dooku myself, don't even have them activated and still finish 1st every day.
    Also farming what i want since yoda event and after all we don't know what the next update brings so ppl can be chasing metas all they want but i believe in my own judgement and done well if i dare say so.
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Options
    Why my post got deleted entirely? Any mod can explain?
  • Options
    They're making massive changes in just a couple of weeks, everyone complaining about Dooku is beating a dead horse.

A dead horse can't kick you while your beating it.
  • Options
    CatoNines wrote: »
    It seems like the first step for a large portion of the players complaining about Dooku/GS/etc being OP is to turn around and start farming those exact characters as fast as they can, in the hope of becoming more "competitive". That's almost as irritating as your complaining in the first place - by doing so you're selling out strategically and adding even more blandness and imbalance to the meta, perpetuating the cycle of complaining (and increasing the likelihood of the devs to nerf characters unnecessarily).

There are a definitely a few characters I find annoying as **** to play against. I've refused to farm Dooku, Daka, GS and others because their mechanics irritate me (they are not OP) and I'd rather find another way to beat them than shut my brain off strategically and fight fire with fire. I have nothing against people who've farmed those characters, they just don't appeal to me.

My encouragement:
    1. Play with integrity
    - be the change you want to see
    2. Choose your own path
    - the meta is constantly changing and the best toons today could be irrelevant tomorrow
    3. Always be farming at least 1 toon purely for fun
    - it's much more rewarding in the long run

+9001

Perfect post. I've been spewing this vitriol since December but it seems like no one wants to have any fun.

But hey, good luck everyone with your level 100 team of Sidious Dooku Phasma Luminara and (insert fifth hero here). How boring in must be. :/

Sour grapes. You must get beaten by that team often.
    I happen to enjoy the characters you mentioned and I enjoy playing them.
    Btw, my 5th is Royal Guard and I love it!

Actually I can't remember the last time I lost to a team like this. When I do lose it is to glass canons like FOTP, GS, IG86. And droid/Geonosian team completely destroys me.

The last time I lost to a team like this I was probably below level 50.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    My top 50 are 80% dooku leads. The insanity is annoying.
  • Options
    I run 2 different teams depending on how busy I am, if I don't have much time for arena and I have been pushed back to below rank 30 I use dooku, gs, qgj, lumi and Rg. But for the most part I use my Ewoks as I love seeing those furry little buggers attacking people and the crazy turn manipulation you can get. Yes on defense they are bad and I do tend to get knocked back to rank 17+ but I only need to be rank 1 for a few seconds. Worst case I end up rank 3 at rewards time. In the current game I have yet to see a great defense team so I am happy for the Ewoks to sit on defense for me overnight
  • Options
    Today I ran
    nute (L) Savage teebo Luke Talia
    for some reason i tend to go after characters others hate on, because i actually read their moves and try to work them with other characters instead of just getting the guys i read are the best.
    Though i do truly wish i focused on lumi and phasma, they are just necessary and a first order team is pretty obtainable even for f2p like me.
    Good original post though I feel you!
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    DON'T STOP! Takes time to build to the top!
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    I think there needs to be a differentiation between venting due to bad instance of RNG and calling for a nerf. Dooku in particular brings together a whole lot of RNG nastiness - stun, dodge, and multiple counters. I've had him nearly singlehandedly turn a battle against me, and I've won battles where he's done absolutely nothing. But people tend to remember the Dooku-rampage battles more.
    Venting I totally get. Sometimes the game just hates you, and you have to tell someone that won't just look at you like you're a total lunatic (eg. someone who doesn't play) and that's this forum.
    But calling for a nerf crosses the line, IMO. Dooku has definite weaknesses, and is easy to defeat if you exploit them (stun, ignore until you get to a hero that can do massive damage). Ditto for many of the other heroes people complain about. So vent and farm away, but beware if you're calling out a nerf :)
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m