Before the cap raise, some F2P goodness

Prev13
chipmunk19
128 posts Member
edited March 2016
zmzhih.png
108im2t.png

lol the point of the post was to somehow give hope to F2P players that they can make it despite the meta changes, long grinds, etc. i didn't expect this kind of "am i F2P or P2P" analysis, although maybe i should have given the usual ego posts on this forum.

i've been playing since late November when the game first came out and i haven't spent a single cent on this account. i did buy a $9.99 crystal pack and a daily crystal booster on a 2nd account (my wife's), but not this one. you can believe it or not if you like, but below is how i generally did it.

2 regular refreshes + 2 cantina refreshes (obviously just 1 in the beginning) each day
been finishing in the arena top 5 nearly every day since mid January

cantina toons (farmed in this order)
  • GS - cantina 1A
  • Daka - shipments
  • JC - cantina 3A
  • Poe - iOS unlock + shipments
  • Barris - cantina 6A
  • QGJ - shipments + shards from 1 chromium

arena toons (farmed in this order)
  • Sid
  • Asajj
  • Eeth

GW toons (farmed in this order)
  • Lumi
  • Phasma
  • Poggle
  • RP

mission toons
  • Dooku - LS 1C + DS 1C + cantina 6G
  • Ahsoka - bronzium unlock + LS 5D + DS 4C

i have unequipped gear because i'm saving the rarer ones i've recently completed for when i know more about the new meta.

i was probably helped along by the old GW mechanics since that allowed me to easily farm Lumi early on. i don't think it's that easy any more, but F2P players shouldn't lose hope.

some things to keep in mind for F2P:
  • don't worry about the meta. that really only matters when you reach the 20's and it always changes.
  • enjoy the grind for what it is - slow but steady progress. no need to rush.
  • pour over the forums to learn the best strategies
  • choose your top toons carefully and stick with them

as for the F2P/P2P classifications, i would say $5-$20 total is still F2P. it's obviously not completely "free", but the advantage you get from that is really almost negligible.
Post edited by chipmunk19 on

Replies

• Options
    Good going there! Congrats if you're at no 1 at payout. No kudos if you're not cos you already have a no 1 team :tongue: !
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Wow are you seriously f2p? That looks like 5 month work what you have there.
  • Options
    Alexone wrote: »

He is not a F2P, he is clearly a liar and a moderate spender. Nice squad though.
  • thecuriousocelot
    1030 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    nice!

@YugeJazz I'm also largely a FTP player (spent £15 but didn't get any toons i wanted - unlocked the bug but never used him) and I also have a similarly large roster. With time, and no money, it can be done.

edit: also, calling someone a liar is not nice :/
  • lunarwolf
    357 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    poe, qgj, asoha, and daka with so many stars as f2p. that is a lot of cantina tokens. didn't think the game was out that long

wondering why you haven't filled in the gear slots with the green+?

• Options
    I've been playing a few months no more then 3/4

Got 5 7* Toons 4 6* Toons 3 5* Toons so it can be done.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Very nice, good on you for not giving in to EA's tactics
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    nice!

@YugeJazz I'm also largely a FTP player (spent £15 but didn't get any toons i wanted - unlocked the bug but never used him) and I also have a similarly large roster. With time, and no money, it can be done.

I'm also a FTP moderately spending on crystals and I do also have six toons at 7*, several at 6* and I know it can be done, but you're all lying if you're saying you're completely FTP's. Stop it.
  • Options
    lunarwolf wrote: »
    poe, qgj, asoha, and daka with so many stars as f2p. that is a lot of cantina tokens. didn't think the game was out that long

You can get that many cantina tokens if you do the first cantina energy refresh for 100 crystals every day. If you're ranking #1 in arena, you'll have at least 565 crystals to spend each day (500 crystal prize+25 GW crystals+ about 40? crystals from daily rewards). That means you'll have enough crystals to do 2 cantina refreshes (100 + 200) and at least 2 regular energy refreshes (50+50). You only need to rank in the top 21-50 (150 crystal prize) to get one cantina refresh and one regular energy refresh per day. Ranking in top 51-100 (100 crystal prize) will still get you one cantina refresh and one regular energy refresh, sometimes 2 regular refreshes because you will have extra crystals that roll over to the next day. If you can rank top 101-200 (75 crystal prize) you will be just a few crystals short of the 150 you need to get one regular and one cantina refresh. You can earn these extra crystals by completing a few new LS/DS battles to bring your daily crystal total to 150. And there's also the 300 extra crystals you will earn each month from daily login rewards, which you can carefully budget to make sure you get the proper number of energy refreshes done each day.
  • Options
    YugeJazz wrote: »
    nice!

I'm also a FTP moderately spending on crystals and I do also have six toons at 7*, several at 6* and I know it can be done, but you're all lying if you're saying you're completely FTP's. Stop it.

I have 13 heroes at 7* level 70 max gear and totally f2p. Bunch of 6* and 5* as well. Started early december. It can easily be done.
  • Options
    I'm skeptical.
  • Options
    OT: Well done OP! Are you working on anything specific now? I'm getting scoundrels and First order
  • ilyanor
    310 posts Member
    Options
    nice!

I have 13 heroes at 7* level 70 max gear and totally f2p. Bunch of 6* and 5* as well. Started early december. It can easily be done.

I have 10 heroes at 7* level 70 max gear and totally f2p. Other 4 at 6* lev 70 and a bunch of 5* around leve 60. Started late november. It can be done.
  • Options
    ilyanor wrote: »
    nice!

I have 10 heroes at 7* level 70 max gear and totally f2p. Other 4 at 6* lev 70 and a bunch of 5* around leve 60. Started late november. It can be done.

I have Maul and Leia at 7* and am a completely F2P. It can be done.
  • Options
    nice!

I have Maul and Leia at 7* and am a completely F2P. It can easily be done.
  • Options
    nice!

I have Maul and Leia at 7* and am a completely F2P. It can easily be done.

Lol just because you can't do it nobody can? Ah well believe it or not.
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    Options

Wrong. I'm f2p (spent $5 on dooku pack & $5 on crystal subs ) if that matter

I have Fourteen 7* toons. 7*. I started playing since Dec 1.

UoBBfO2.png
    bEiv7Gm.png
  • Options
    Song wrote: »

UoBBfO2.png
    bEiv7Gm.png

I only see 12 :p
  • Options
    Grats OP. Makes me glad I spend money though. 4 months with that tiny roster? I'd go nuts.
  • Options

UoBBfO2.png
    bEiv7Gm.png

I'm *sure* you've only spent $10......
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    GOH forums the place where 6+6 is 14! But nice job anyway. I've no idea how you guys managed that, i am way behind you.
  • Options
    You're not F2P if you spent money
  • Options

UoBBfO2.png
    bEiv7Gm.png

You're NOT F2P if you spent money.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    I don't know why people find this to be so unbelievable that he's F2P with a tiny bit of spending?

I've been playing since early February and am 100% F2P. I'll hit level 70 tomorrow and so far I have 21 toons. 5 of them are at 7* with a few more just a couple of days away. By the end of April I'll have 10 7* toons, maybe more.

I'm sitting on 65k Ally Points. Over 2k SIMs (wish there was another use for these).

I farm close to 5m credits each week.

My best finish in arena has been almost 50. If I can manage to break into the top 50 or better, my farming will be expedited even more (him being in the #1 area is a huge boost to farming). But I'm not willing to use crystals arena refreshes so I'll be where I am until I can hit the new cap.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • AdamW
    692 posts Member
    Options

He is not a F2P, he is clearly a liar and a moderate spender. Nice squad though.

Looks authentic to me. I have more so I can vouch for this, but this is what it looks like when your farming correctly.

I still want more time before level cap to finish up the rest of my roster
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    I always thought F2P meant yiu havent paid money. Not sure why people who have spent money (any money makes a difference) are posting examples of how this is possible.
    Im F2P and these calculations people are making are based off people getting 100-300 gems daily from the start. You're just wrong.
    {RotE}
  • Options
    The reason he can't be F2P with a little bit of spending is that a little bit of spending means he's not F2P. By the very definition of the term, F2P means you have never spent any money on the game at all. Period. There's a difference between tiny spenders, moderate spenders, and whales, but none of them are F2P. Tiny spenders are tiny spenders. Spending $5 on the game is still spending money and not F2P.
  • Options
    Yudoka wrote: »
    I don't know why people find this to be so unbelievable that he's F2P with a tiny bit of spending?

I've been playing since early February and am 100% F2P. I'll hit level 70 tomorrow and so far I have 21 toons. 5 of them are at 7* with a few more just a couple of days away. By the end of April I'll have 10 7* toons, maybe more.

I'm sitting on 65k Ally Points. Over 2k SIMs (wish there was another use for these).

My best finish in arena has been almost 50. If I can manage to break into the top 50 or better, my farming will be expedited even more (him being in the #1 area is a huge boost to farming). But I'm not willing to use crystals arena refreshes so I'll be where I am until I can hit the new cap.

As a F2P, how do you have over 2k SIMs?
  • Options
    Yep, you want to be called a F2P player, but you spent money, that's not how it works

Having a 3 star Dooku early is huge (Arena), compared to the guys who didn't spend anything

• Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    MosDefJeff wrote: »
    Yudoka wrote: »

As a F2P, how do you have over 2k SIMs?

I run most battles on auto when farming to try and get those 20 ally points (which is why I have 65k of those; I get almost 2k a day). I have a desk job that allows me to tap a button every few minutes :P I use SIMs only once in a while when I don't have time to auto but still want to finish up my energy for the day.

They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.